Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie (22349 Views)

Ehie Edison Sworn-In As Governor Fubara's Chief Of Staff / Wike's Loyalist, Chidi Amadi Resigns As Governor Fubara's Chief Of Staff / Rivers Youth President Apologizes To Tinubu After Protest In Support Of Fubara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by fergie001: 6:19pm On Jan 31
The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, on Wednesday, issued a warrant for the arrest of the Chief of Staff (CoS) to the Governor of Rivers State, Hon. Edison Ehie.

The court, in a ruling that was delivered by Justice Emeka Nwite, equally ordered the arrest of five other persons who were accused of complicity in the alleged invasion, vandalization and burning down of the Rivers State House of Assembly complex.

Aside from Ehie who was hitherto the factional Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly and a loyalist of governor Siminalayi Fubara, those the court ordered their arrest, are; Jinjiri Bala, Happy Benedict, Progress Joseph, Adokiye Oyagiri and Chibuike Peter a.k.a Rambo.

The order followed an ex-parte application that was brought before the court by the Inspector General of Police, IGP.

The application was predicated on sections 37, 113, 114, 84 and 184 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA) 2015 and section 35 of the 1999 Constitution, as amended, as well as section 32 of the Police Act 2020.

A Deputy Commissioner of Police, DCP, Mr. Simon Lough, SAN, who moved the application on Wednesday, told the court that the six defendant are currently at large.

He told the court that the defendants were involved in conspiracy, arson, terrorism, attempted murder and murder of a Superintendent of Police, SP Bako Agbashim and five other police informants in Rivers State.

Police gave names of the deceased informants as; Charles Osu, Ogbonna Eja, Idaowuka Felix, Paul Victor Chibuogu and Saturday Edi.

The court held that it was persuaded by submissions of the police lawyer as well as an affidavit that was attached in support of the application marked: FHC/ABJ/ CS/12/2024.

Consequently, Justice Nwite, aside from declaring the defendants wanted, ordered that upon their arrest and investigation, they should be brough before the court for trial.

It will be recalled that the court had on January 25, remanded five men in prison custody over their alleged involvement in the burning down of the Rivers State House of Assembly complex.

The defendants; Chime Eguma Ezebalike, Prince Lukman Oladele, Kenneth Goodluck Kpasa, Osiga Donald and Ochueja Thankgod, who were docked before trial Justice Bolaji Olajuwon, pleaded not guilty to a seven-count terrorism charge that was preferred against them by the Nigeria Police Force, NPF.

The defendants, who were said to be loyal to Governor Fubara, had in the wake of the political crisis that rocked the state in October last year, allegedly invaded the House of Assembly complex in a bid to frustrate an attempt to impeach the governor.
They were in the charge marked: FHC/ABJ/CR/25/2024, equally accused of killing SP Agbashim and the five police informants at Ahoada community in Rivers State.

The prosecution accused the defendants of using various cult groups, namely; Supreme Vikings Confraternity, Degbam, Iceland and Greenland, to unleash mayhem on the people of the state and their commercial activities.

Even though the immediate past factional Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly, Hon. Ehie, was not listed in the charge, however, he briefed a Senior Advocate of Nigeria SAN, Oluwole Aladedoye to appear before the court on his behalf, stressing that his name was mentioned in some counts in the charge.

He challenged police for declaring that he was at large with other suspects.

Nevertheless, trial Justice Olajuwon said he was not minded to entertain any argument from Hon. Ehie’s lawyer since he was not yet a defendant before the court.

The court ordered that the defendants should be remanded at the Kuje prison till February 2 when their bail applications would be heard.

SOURCE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by Earlystar698(m): 6:20pm On Jan 31
It's not that I'm a hater but I don't give a Bleep about Nigeria politicians

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by HarryGleb: 6:20pm On Jan 31
Nigeria is now a banana republic all thanks to Tinubu.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by kestolove95(m): 6:23pm On Jan 31
This rivers sef
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by Dpharisee: 6:34pm On Jan 31
Another court in Rivers restrains Police from arresting him.
Wike group are getting injunctions from FCT High Court, while Fubara group are getting counter injunctions from Rivers High Court, our judiciary is messed up

131 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by TimeManager(m): 6:35pm On Jan 31
For terrorism charges.. I'm guessing.

PS- I was right, thanks for the update.

-kiss the truth!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by Ezewuzie01: 6:38pm On Jan 31
My advise to Edison Ehie is not to hide inside Government House toilet. He will still be caught wherever he hides. It will not look good for his resume to be arrested inside the government house toilet.

6 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by vanitybutiwanti: 6:38pm On Jan 31
Edison is also an ungrateful idioot, everything he has today was made possible by wike. If they succeed in Arresting him, they will drill him first, the guy is going to be in jail for a long time if dem catch am, I heard he got a restraining order from a court of coordinate Jurisdiction, when he's caught, e don be.

At this point, it's not even a wikes fight again, men dey wey dey vex. People like Irikefe London are on standby waiting to to be instructed to pick Edison up. No sleep in both camps at all.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by Odin13: 6:40pm On Jan 31
Apc and Tinubu are out to reck the country.

They just want to make Nigeria a lawless country.. where any court can issue anything for anybody without qualms ..
... while they get they police to act on their bid.

Apc is evil

PDP was bad ... so they say..

But then Nigeria was a country .. well Respected among nations .. while the rule of law was active .. judges even tho corrupt where discreet ..

Today Apc has made everything Nigeria ... children sand play

I evil party

Yet southwest says is the best thing after gbegiri and amala..

Because a Yoruba man is the President.. on a Muslim Muslim ticket

Brains has really gone so sour in Nigeria

God help Nigerians

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by LibertyRep: 6:41pm On Jan 31
Did they not sign peace accord recently?

Apparently one side is holding the shorter end of the stick

19 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by Daguccizgreat(m): 6:43pm On Jan 31
Wike is a mad man. If I were Sim, I will deal with him ruthlessly without blinking an eye

27 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by athaboi(f): 6:47pm On Jan 31
Lol 🤣
Fubara accepted an evil peace deal

17 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by zoedew: 6:47pm On Jan 31
Sim has another big one to deal with. This matter is not covered by the signed agreement considering that it is a criminal matter! Ehie might seek to hide! Public infrastructure destroyed!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by hammer567: 6:47pm On Jan 31
😁😁 USELESS COUNTRY

grin grin
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by SALLYBERRY01(m): 6:47pm On Jan 31
They shot themselves in the leg the moment he had a consensus with tinubu

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by Ohraykon: 6:48pm On Jan 31
Wike howfa you no go face kidnapping wahala for abuja

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by Cyberterror: 6:48pm On Jan 31
It looks like Edison Ehie will not enjoy that office. He will be looking over his shoulders all the time. Even his police orderlies may get express order from the IGP to to take him into custody.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by Badgers14: 6:48pm On Jan 31
Dpharisee:
Another court in Rivers restrains Police from arresting him. Wike group are getting injunctions from FCT High Court, the Fubara group are getting counter injunctions from Rivers High Court, our judiciary is messed up
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by Badgers14: 6:49pm On Jan 31
Ohraykon:
Wike howfa you no go face kidnapping wahala for abuja

Wike should leave Fubura alone and focus on his job as FCT minister

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by vanitybutiwanti: 6:50pm On Jan 31
Daguccizgreat:
Wike is a mad man. If I were Sim, I will deal with him ruthlessly without blinking an eye
Deal with him, how? Sim is standing on one leg, if he fhucks up, he will be impeached.

Edison instigated guys to burn the HOA and he's rightly getting his reward for his actions. I like wike because if you threaten him, even if you have the upper hand you will not sleep. Man is ruthless like that.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by Abagworo(m): 6:50pm On Jan 31
Now they are keen on bringing insecurity to Rivers State.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by ogmask: 6:51pm On Jan 31
The food wike dey cook go soon don. Make he nor run wen community cook for am sha...

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by Basic123: 6:51pm On Jan 31
Odin13:
Apc and Tinubu are out to reck the country.

They just want to make Nigeria a lawless country.. where any court can issue anything for anybody without qualms ..
... while they get they police to act on their bid.

Apc is evil

PDP was bad ... so they say..

But then Nigeria was a country .. well Respected among nations .. while the rule of law was active .. judges even tho corrupt where discreet ..

Today Apc has made everything Nigeria ... children sand play

I evil party

Yet southwest says is the best thing after gbegiri and amala..

Because a Yoruba man is the President.. on a Muslim Muslim ticket

Brains has really gone so sour in Nigeria

God help Nigerians

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by Ewedegubbler: 6:51pm On Jan 31
vanitybutiwanti:
Edison is also an ungrateful idioot, everything he has today was made possible by wike. If they succeed in Arresting him, they will drill him first, the guy is going to be in jail for a long time if dem catch am, I heard he got a restraining order from a court of coordinate Jurisdiction, when he's caught, e don be.

At this point, it's not even a wikes fight again, men dey wey dey vex. People like Irikefe London are on standby waiting to to be instructed to pick Edison up. No sleep in both camps at all.

And Wike is a saint that had shown amazing gratitude to Amaechi and patience Jonathan

10 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by Madeade: 6:52pm On Jan 31
Fubara just miscalculated with his ill-timed fight with his political benefactor.... The calculation and timing was just wrong....

I hope he survives this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by SoNature(m): 6:52pm On Jan 31
I think it's high time Rivers people stepped in and fought for their governor.

7 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie by Dididrumz(m): 6:52pm On Jan 31
This is not good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Oil Marketers Want Payment Before May 29 / A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. / Obasanjo’s Book “my Watch” Adapted To Nollywood Movie(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.