Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,451 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Bye-election: Shun External Pressure, Hon Akpanke Tells Electorate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bye-election: Shun External Pressure, Hon Akpanke Tells Electorate (77 Views)

2023: Don’t Vote Sleeping President, NNPP Tells Electorate / Vote For Me, I’ll Work For You, Obaseki Tells Electorate / Crises In APC As Faction Tells Electorate To Vote Only Buhari In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bye-election: Shun External Pressure, Hon Akpanke Tells Electorate by okrote4real: 4:14am On Feb 03
WITH less than 24 hours to the Bye-election the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, is set to conduct February 3,2024, a Member Representing Obanliku/Obudu/Bekwarra
Federal Constituency at the National Assembly, Hon Peter Akpanke, Friday, called on the electorate in his constituency to shut external pressure before, during and after the election.

In a message to the people personally signed by himself, which he pointed out that a delicate task is before them to elect a candidate of their choice.

He said: "For my Obanliku people in particular, we have a delicate task at hand, to conclude our choice of a representative in the State House of Assembly.

"As law abiding people, I charge us to freely exercise our franchise with total disregard for external pressure.

"Luckily, the rerun election coming up on Saturday February 3, 2024 is restricted to just two polling units in the same ward. The candidates involved are also two brothers from the same ward. Only God knows why it has turned out to be so.

"It is also crystal clear that by electoral guidelines, campaign time elapsed at midnight on Thursday 01/02/2024.

"All that is left therefore is for the registered voters in the affected two polling units to be allowed to make their choice without fear or intimidation."

However, he appealed to security agencies to do a professional job and avoid being used by unscrupulous elements to scuttle the electoral process.

"I appeal to all security agencies to professionally execute their duties so that the people's franchise could be freely executed without external pressure.

"I also appeal to Obanliku youths to collaborate with security agencies to achieve a hitch free rerun election. Whoever the Obanliku people shall elect shall represent only Obanliku and not any other LGA.

"So, the election should be allowed to the Obanliku people in the affected two polling units to decide. There is no room for anyone who wants to cry more than the bereaved. Those who feel they have energy and wit to manipulate the Obanliku electoral process should please reserve such inglorious energy for use whenever their locality is involved."

He also suggested that, "Accordingly, I appeal to security agencies and the youths to possibly mount check points to screen people and ensure that only voters from the two polling units are allowed into the affected communities."

(1) (Reply)

Ajulo Extends Heartfelt Congratulations On Ondo State's 48th Anniversary / Orji Uzor Kalu: A Beacon Of Hope And Inspiration. / No Gree For Anybody In Dis 2024. By Osondu Nworu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.