Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks (6543 Views)

Igbo Mandate Congress Condemns Multi-billion MASSOB Business Empires / Igbo Mandate Congress Condemns Multi-billion MASSOB Business Empires / Igbo Mandate Congress Condemns Radio Biafra Hate Speeches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by aloyemeka4: 11:33pm On Nov 08, 2011
Tuesday, 08 November 2011 01:25
[size=14pt]Muslim Congress condemns Boko Haram attacks[/size]
Written by Kunle Falayi

The Muslim Congress has described as inhuman the recent attacks by the Islamic sect, Boko Haram, in Borno and Yobe states.

The group joined other Nigerians in a statement by its Amir, Luqman AbdurRaheem, in Lagos on Monday to condemn the bombings.

The statement said, "The bombings are condemnable and totally antithetical to the principles of peace, tolerance and decorum preached by Islam and exemplified by Prophet Ibrahim. The action is even more repulsive because it took place during the periods of Arafat and Eidul Adha.

"This criminal incident has once again revealed that the group does not represent the Muslim Ummah in Nigeria, as wrongly being insinuated by some elements and hate theologians in the media."

The congress said the translation of the sect’s name – Western education is forbidden – was based on a philosophy that ran contrary to the theological and foundation of Islam.

"Islam contributed immensely to the development of what became western knowledge today," it said.

http://www.punchng.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=3895:muslim-congress-condemns-boko-haram-attacks&Itemid=542
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by AndreUweh(m): 11:49pm On Nov 08, 2011
Only in principle.
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by ikeyman00(m): 12:05am On Nov 09, 2011
The group joined other Nigerians in a statement by its Amir, Luqman AbdurRaheem, in [size=28pt]Lagos[/size] on Monday to condemn the bombings.

in Lagos yea undecided
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 09, 2011
[size=16pt]Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine[/size]

[size=20pt]ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION. IT IS AN INSTRUMENT OF TERROR[/size].
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by castrokins(m): 11:43am On Nov 09, 2011
Continue condemning on paper angry
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by Kx: 11:46am On Nov 09, 2011
Public condemnation.
secret support?
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by manchy7531: 11:52am On Nov 09, 2011
"jerseyboy

Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION. IT IS AN INSTRUMENT OF TERROR.

ISLAM IS OCCULTISM AND IT'S CHEAP AND BLINDLY GUIDED HOOLIGANS MUST BE FLUSHED OUT OF THE FACE OF THE EARTH IF PEACE MUST REIGN.THESE CAMEL BRAINS KILL BOTH OTHER PEOPLE AND THEIR KIND.ISLAM WAS FOUNDED BY A LUNATIC AND EVIL SPIRIT TORMENTED MAN CALLED MOHA-MAD WHO LIVED IN THE CAVE AND DIED IN THERE.WE THE PEOPLE FROM THE EAST DARE YOU BEASTS TO BRING THE FIGHT ON AND YOU WILL REGRET EVER BEING PART OF NIGERIA.GO AND ASK VERY WELL BECAUSE WE ARE VERY MUCH READY FOR YOU NOW.THIS IS NOT 1966 WHEN BRITAIN HELPED YOU BRING GENOCIDE UPON BIAFRA.WE WILL CRUSH YOU ALL THIS TIME AND DON'T FORGET ISREAL, AS WE WILL TURN THE WHOLE NORTH TO GAZA.ONE NIGERIA MY FOOT !

Fellow Nigerian. It's not Boko Haram fault. Just a cursory look at Muhammad's Qur'an (Koran) should be enough to warn you to keep your distance from Islam:

In it you will see "unbridled raw evil", such as statements like these:
- Truly, god loves those who fight
- Fight and slay the pagans wherever you find them, and seize them,
beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem.
- Chop off their hands and chop off their fingertips
- When you meet the unbelievers, chop off their heads
- Fight and slay those who don't convert wherever you find
them
- Believers, take neither Jew nor Christians for your friends
- Those who follow Muhammad are ruthless to unbelievers
- Those who reject Islam are "the vilest of creatures" and thus deserve
no mercy
- Fight them until Islam reigns supreme (throughout the world)

There are more than 100 verses in the Qur'an (Koran) advocating the use of violence to spread Islam. There are exactly 123 verses in the Qur'an about killing and fighting.

The word "Islam" has been falsely proclaimed by Muslims to mean peace. The word Islam, actually means "submission" to the Muslim god of intolerance and hatred. It comes from the root Arabic word "taslim". In Arabic, the word for peace is only "solh".
I wonder what kind of god muslims are serving.You can always know a false god.
False gods always demand the blood of innocents.
When a Muslim declares that Islam is a religion of peace, he/she is either ignorant of the Koran (Qur'an), or is deceitfully thinking of this "peace", as it extends only to those within the Muslim Community. The deceit is that they will not tell you exactly what they mean. According to the Qur'an: "Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah. Those who follow him are merciful to one another, but ruthless to unbelievers" Surah 48:29. "Kill the Mushrikun (unbelievers) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush, " Surah 9:5. Also see Surah 9:29: PICKTHAL: "Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture (Christians & Jews) as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His 'messenger', and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.". Please note that there is not a single verse in the entire Christian Bible that contains this "open-ended", universal command to kill/or be ruthless to unbelievers. Judge for yourself which religion really is a religion of peace. The emptiest barrel makes the loudest noise they. Y all this noise about islam is religion of peace when opposite is really the case. Religion of ruthlessness and brutality
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by hafees: 11:55am On Nov 09, 2011
@ jersey boy, your generalization sounds so uninformed, please research.

@ kx, why don't you go to to the Boko Haram head office yourself and condemn them. Amir no get bomb proof.

Mean while you can not stop any one from believing islam is a terrorist religion, i can only say the islam i know and i practice never gave me the thought to kill another human being.
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by PurestBoy(m): 11:59am On Nov 09, 2011
hafees:

@ jersey boy, your generalization sounds so uninformed, please research.

@ kx, why don't you go to to the Boko Haram head office yourself and condemn them. Amir no get bomb proof.

Mean while you can not stop any one from believing islam is a terrorist religion, i can only say the islam i know and i practice never gave me the thought to kill another human being.

You are not a true muslim if you do not kill as written in your quran, Saying islam is a religion of peace is like believing that Police is your friend.
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by Ralphjoe(m): 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2011
manchy7531:

ISLAM IS OCCULTISM AND IT'S CHEAP AND BLINDLY GUIDED HOOLIGANS MUST BE FLUSHED OUT OF THE FACE OF THE EARTH IF PEACE MUST REIGN.THESE CAMEL BRAINS KILL BOTH OTHER PEOPLE AND THEIR KIND.ISLAM WAS FOUNDED BY A LUNATIC AND EVIL SPIRIT TORMENTED MAN CALLED MOHA-MAD WHO LIVED IN THE CAVE AND DIED IN THERE.WE THE PEOPLE FROM THE EAST DARE YOU BEASTS TO BRING THE FIGHT ON AND YOU WILL REGRET EVER BEING PART OF NIGERIA.GO AND ASK VERY WELL BECAUSE WE ARE VERY MUCH READY FOR YOU NOW.THIS IS NOT 1966 WHEN BRITAIN HELPED YOU BRING GENOCIDE UPON BIAFRA.WE WILL CRUSH YOU ALL THIS TIME AND DON'T FORGET ISREAL, AS WE WILL TURN THE WHOLE NORTH TO GAZA.ONE NIGERIA MY FOOT !

Fellow Nigerian. It's not Boko Haram fault. Just a cursory look at Muhammad's Qur'an (Koran) should be enough to warn you to keep your distance from Islam:

In it you will see "unbridled raw evil", such as statements like these:
- Truly, god loves those who fight
- Fight and slay the pagans wherever you find them, and seize them,
beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem.
- Chop off their hands and chop off their fingertips
- When you meet the unbelievers, chop off their heads
- Fight and slay those who don't convert wherever you find
them
- Believers, take neither Jew nor Christians for your friends
- Those who follow Muhammad are ruthless to unbelievers
- Those who reject Islam are "the vilest of creatures" and thus deserve
no mercy
- Fight them until Islam reigns supreme (throughout the world)

There are more than 100 verses in the Qur'an (Koran) advocating the use of violence to spread Islam. There are exactly 123 verses in the Qur'an about killing and fighting.

The word "Islam" has been falsely proclaimed by Muslims to mean peace. The word Islam, actually means "submission" to the Muslim god of intolerance and hatred. It comes from the root Arabic word "taslim". In Arabic, the word for peace is only "solh".
I wonder what kind of god muslims are serving.You can always know a false god.
False gods always demand the blood of innocents.
When a Muslim declares that Islam is a religion of peace, he/she is either ignorant of the Koran (Qur'an), or is deceitfully thinking of this "peace", as it extends only to those within the Muslim Community. The deceit is that they will not tell you exactly what they mean. According to the Qur'an: "Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah. Those who follow him are merciful to one another, but ruthless to unbelievers" Surah 48:29. "Kill the Mushrikun (unbelievers) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush, " Surah 9:5. Also see Surah 9:29: PICKTHAL: "Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture (Christians & Jews) as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His 'messenger', and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.". Please note that there is not a single verse in the entire Christian Bible that contains this "open-ended", universal command to kill/or be ruthless to unbelievers. Judge for yourself which religion really is a religion of peace. The emptiest barrel makes the loudest noise they. Y all this noise about islam is religion of peace when opposite is really the case. Religion of ruthlessness and brutality

spot on
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by Kx: 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2011
PurestBoy:

You are not a true muslim if you do not kill as written in your quran, Saying islam is a religion of peace is like believing that Police is your friend.

Exactl,
See below:

"Slay them wherever you find them, (Surah 2:190-)

"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it." (Surah 2:216)

"Believers, do not make friends with any but your own people, They desire nothing but your ruin, You believe in the entire Book, When they meet you they say: 'We, too, are believers.' But when alone, they bite their finger-tips with rage." (Surah 3:118, 119)

"If you should die or be slain in the cause of God, His forgiveness and His mercy would surely be better than all the riches, " (Surah 3:156-)

"Seek out your enemies relentlessly." (Surah 4:103-)

"The Jews and Christians say: 'We are the children of God and His loved ones.' Say: 'Why then does He punish you for your sins?" (Surah 5:18)

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by Ifemyke: 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2011
ODI was wiped out of this surface earth because they killed two policemen. Countless number of IBOS were killed during the Biafra war
just because they tried to say no to injustice.Their kits and kin were brutally massacred in the Northern states and the dead bodies were
packed in trains and sent back to east.
This country will only know peace if and when our leaders stop this injustice. I think IBOS deserve apology from the entire country.
Imagine if boko haram were Ibos. The entire military force of the federal government would have been visited on the poor people.
Let them try that on the northerners now. Funny country.
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by KINGwax(m): 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2011
Ifemyke:

ODI was wiped out of this surface earth because they killed two policemen. Countless number of IBOS were killed during the Biafra war
just because they tried to say no to injustice.Their kits and kin were brutally massacred in the Northern states and the dead bodies were
This country will only know peace if and when our leaders stop this injustice. I think IBOS deserve apology from the entire country.
Imagine if boko haram were Ibos. The entire military force of the federal government would have been visited on the poor people.

well i wouldn't say you're foolish, but u sure sounded like one!
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2011
See these people expecting Civil war when am actually expecting a world war, US VS Russia, Bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn grin
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by Baawaa(m): 12:37pm On Nov 09, 2011
Majority of us don't know the genesis of boko-haram,if not that it has been hijacked by our politicians,it what me and you will support and lead to revolution.What will need in this country is revolution!!
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 09, 2011
GOOD MUSLIMS ARE BAD PEOPLE. BAD PEOPLE ARE GOOD MUSLIMS
Boko Haram are GOOD MUSLIMS
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by juman(m): 12:54pm On Nov 09, 2011
Hmmm. TMC brothers.

The statement said, "The bombings are condemnable and totally antithetical to the principles of peace, tolerance and decorum preached by Islam and exemplified by Prophet Ibrahim. The action is even more repulsive because it took place during the periods of Arafat and Eidul Adha.
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by sheyguy: 12:56pm On Nov 09, 2011
i hope they dont eliminate the pple who have made these comments like the Obj visit aftermath.
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by Ifemyke: 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2011
KINGWAX, call me foolish, no wahala. but truth must be told always. Read that my write up again and ask your parents to tell
you what happened during the war if they were born then.
Please dont rush to reply, just think first and then reply. And some questions for you, Has the federal government handled this issue well?
If it were in the east, would they not have sent in military men from the core north that will pretend as if they dont hear english?
will they not have mandated them to kill at sight?
Please think , think , dont be parochial.
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by kings112(m): 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2011
So they ar now condemin them, becos it hapnd on the sallah day,and many muslims where a afected/killed eeh ?
When they were bombing churches and kiling christin where they not sopotin them?
Bunch of hypocrits.
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by nagoma(m): 1:25pm On Nov 09, 2011
« #11 on: Today at 12:12:19 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Foolish!
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by 4Truth: 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2011
HEFEE

AM SORRY UR COMMENT SHOWS YOU ARE NOT TRUE TO YOURSELF AND THE RELIGION YOU PRACTICE.
THE QUOTATIONS FROM YOUR HOLY BOOKS SHOWS A TRUE PICTURE OF ISLAM, IRRESPECTIVE
OF WHAT YOU CLAIM.
BOKO HARAM,OSAMA AND THE LIKE ARE THE REAL MUSLIMS- TERRORISTS AND MURDERERS
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by nagoma(m): 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2011
Northern muslims are not silent, they are speaking everyday right now ACF is meeting for the upteenth time in Kaduna. Besides, the terror of BH is affecting them and they (both muslims and christians in the north) are busy at burial grounds on a daily basis because of BH killings. The northern muslims have no constitutional basis other than to support the government at all levels (Federal, State and LGA). It is the government that is silent or just inactive towards addressing a national problem. I do not know what the Niger Delta community did differently to help the government solve the problems of their restive violent youth, did they talk? what did they say? remind me? The federal government or Yar'adua went in with the solution they thought was best. The current President needs to read his job description again, this is his job and he has all the institutions and the resourses at his disposal to bring peace to the country. If the country breaks it will be due to his weakness and cluelessness.
I wonder what these imbeciles on NL want from muslims who are equally even more terrorized by BH
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by mustspin: 1:54pm On Nov 09, 2011
nagoma:

Northern muslims are not silent, they are speaking everyday right now ACF is meeting for the upteenth time in Kaduna. Besides, the terror of BH is affecting them and they (both muslims and christians in the north) are busy at burial grounds on a daily basis because of BH killings. The northern muslims have no constitutional basis other than to support the government at all levels (Federal, State and LGA). It is the government that is silent or just inactive towards addressing a national problem. I do not know what the Niger Delta community did differently to help the government solve the problems of their restive violent youth, did they talk? what did they say? remind me? The federal government or Yar'adua went in with the solution they thought was best. The current President needs to read his job description again, this is his job and he has all the institutions and the resourses at his disposal to bring peace to the country. If the country breaks it will be due to his weakness and cluelessness.
I wonder what these imbeciles on NL want from muslims who are equally even more terrorized by BH
thank you sir, some people 'll always wait for the opportunity to jump at religious and tribal issues and taking sides. rather than bringing ideas to help prevent more killings, they keep trading blames and taking sides till they get blown up dem selves.
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by chmod777: 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2011
WHY are we decieving ourselves the, I have googled this ""[b]Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)" and it is correct.[/b]

Well the answer is clear, Who can prove me wrong. Please do.
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by chmod777: 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2011
WHY are we decieving ourselves the, I have googled this ""[b]Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)"  and it is correct.[/b]

Well the answer is clear, Who can prove me wrong. Please do.
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by easycome1: 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2011
hello mr jersey boy, what you hven saying abt islam is wrong and it shows that you dont even know your religion, since your religion did not condemn it, bt @ fist wt is Christianity wt god says abt Christianity, can you tel me the pilers of Christianity please? so please don't Abious any religion in our forum this forum is nt made for somebody like you so YOU SHOULD STOP IT IMMEDIATELY. angry
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by reindeer: 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2011
easy come:

hello mr jersey boy, what you hven saying abt islam is wrong and it shows that you dont even know your religion, since your religion did not condemn it, bt @ fist wt is Christianity wt god says abt Christianity, can you tel me the pilers of Christianity please? so please don't Abious any religion in our forum this forum is nt made for somebody like you so YOU SHOULD STOP IT IMMEDIATELY. angry

Or? are you issuing threeats?really you're just confirming what the world sees about islam and violence being synonymous.
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by morgist(m): 2:32pm On Nov 09, 2011
@Jerseyboy You are an idiot goat! You don’t know what you are doing! Why on earth will you abuse someone’s religion? This signifies you don’t have respect for your religion! Calling Islam an instrument of terror is very bad and should be withdrawn. Had it been i can see u, i will have cut your head down, freaky fool

@manchy7531 never abuse our prophet talk more of our religion. You should mind what you are saying idiot bastard. I swear to GOD ALMIGHTY, hell fire is you destination in the day of judgement.

And we will continue killing the unbelievers.

Boko haram more gress to your elbow keep the good work!!!!
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by mekaboy(m): 3:26pm On Nov 09, 2011
THEY ARE NOT SERIOUS THESE BOKO GUYS ARE NOT INVISIBLE THEY LIVE WITHIN YOU, YOU KNOW THEM, AND YOU WILL RATHER DIE THAN POINT THEM OUT, YET YOU COME TO THE PAPER TO SAY RUBBISH.

IF YOU ARE NOT IN SUPPORT EXPOSE THEM, DONT WAIT FOR THE POLICE, ATTACK THEM, BRING THEM OUT TO THE STREETS AND BURN THEM, LET US KNOW YOU ARE SERIOUS.

WHEN KIDNAPPERS WHERE DISTURBING IN ABIA , THE JTF CAME AND THE PEOPLE GAVE OUT THEIR HIDE OUT AND THEY WERE WIPED OUT. THAT IS WHAT IT MEANS TO CONDEMN AND ACT.
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by 4Truth: 3:29pm On Nov 09, 2011
@easy come

so please don't Abious any religion in our forum this forum is nt made for somebody like you so YOU SHOULD STOP IT IMMEDIATELY. Angry

@morgist

Had it been i can see u, i will have cut your head down, freaky fool

WHAT FURTHER PROOF DO WE NEED OF THE NATURE AND CHARACTER OF ISLAM AND MOHAMMED IT FOUNDER,WHEN WE HAVE INHOUSE/NAIRALAND TERRORISTS , ALMAJIRIS AND MURDERERS LIKE EASY COME AND MORGIST?

THEY CLEARLY BLINDED BY MORBID FANATICISM, SO THEY CANNOT SEE THE TRUTH AS IS BEEN PRESENTED HERE.

BLINDED AND DYEING AT THE PROMISE OF 7 VIRGINS IN PARADISE.WHAT A RELIGION? LOL
Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks by koolJ1(f): 3:30pm On Nov 09, 2011
They finally decided to talk.bunch of hypocrites.thought they'l say boko is not to blame. Wonder y it took them so long. As always,action speaks louder than words,let them take the required steps to checkmate dis den we'l know they are really serious. RELIGION NOR BE BY FORCE!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade / Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber / Sheakau Speaks English, Give Reasons For Fighting Western Education (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.