Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,725 members, 7,831,298 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) (41844 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) / Europe Is Not Easy — Nigerian Lady Reveals The Kind Of Job She Does To Survive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by DivinegiftofGod: 2:57pm On Feb 06
Poanan:

Don't be deceived by the likes. I can't say for u.s but for UK 100 pounds is not like 100 naira. Big fat lie. At the end of the month most minimum wage job pay 1600 pounds per month. Does anyone earn 1600 naira per month? Now if u stay in certain areas that are cheap. You will be able to find self contained studio for 600 per month with all bills inclusive. Food and transport for only one person may take like 250 per month. Without spending extravagantly with no social life just to cut cost. You are left with u are left with 750pounds. This for someone without any family. Then he decides to send 200 everyminth then family begins to do any how spending. How will u feel? Please do and go abroad to show people how not to be stingy if you feel this is stinginess and envy.

How can you say 100 pounds is not like 100 naira? How can you compare 1600 Pounds to 1600 naira? Do you even know what you're saying?

Ok, since you want to compare cost of living, can 1600 naira afford you all those things you mentioned in Nigeria? Since you feel they are both of the same value.. if you earn 1600 in Nigeria it can't even feed you a day. But the Same 1600 pounds can afford you a lot both home and abroad and you'll still be able to save so what exactly is your point?
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by izibili44: 3:03pm On Feb 06
Na really stingy person. This is the season i send moremoney home. Before i send 1000 euro its like 450k back then. Now my 1k na 1.400 million. This year all my brother go joi .e ooo. quote author=DivinegiftofGod post=128304625]This is pure jeolousy. Envying your own family members is the height of witchcraft

It's not their fault that they live in a place where the 10 dollars you send can get them a luxury it can't afford you over there. If you look at it, you still spend the bulk of your money more than them because you send them chingum money that can't take you a week but spend thousands of what you send to them there for yourself. So how are they enjoying more than you?
Person go just dey begin calculate the small 100 dollars ( wey be like 100 naira to am) wey him dey send say e too much. Small prayers wey you for receive for sending a meager 100 dollars, you now lose it because of over calculations.

It's this wicked mentality that is making many of you to be stingy. It's very bad. If they have the opportunity to be there like you, I'm sure they won't ask you for anything.

Keep your money. Those in naija go still shine and fresh pass una because we eat real natural organic food and get natural Vit D year round.
You guys wait. It's only a matter of time, we will soon have good govt and nobody will send you and your lonely lives abroad anymore.

Very stingy people.[/quote]
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by EmperorCaesar(m): 3:25pm On Feb 06
1Sharon:
We are not like our parents generation. No silly fake story moves us anymore ! People back home lie so much.

Notice how their sob stories always sound the same and it's always an incessant emergency that only your money can solve. No matter the amount you send, their problems never end.

Extended family back home don't care about you, they care about what they can get.

Focus your money and attention on those that truly care about you. People back home lie to rob you dry.

No wonder u cancelled out religion

Na this kind wickedness dey live for your heart

Na those fools wey dey ask una for money i blame

Inferiority-complex at its peak

Spits on your forehead

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by OvertheTop(m): 3:25pm On Feb 06
Tjra:
My friend's younger brother stopped sending him £300 monthly ever since my guy dedicated his new house 🙄

What do we call this?

shocked grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by DivinegiftofGod: 3:29pm On Feb 06
izibili44:
Na really stingy person. This is the season i send moremoney home. Before i send 1000 euro its like 450k back then. Now my 1k na 1.400 million. This year all my brother go joi .e ooo. quote author=DivinegiftofGod post=128304625]This is pure jeolousy. Envying your own family members is the height of witchcraft

It's not their fault that they live in a place where the 10 dollars you send can get them a luxury it can't afford you over there. If you look at it, you still spend the bulk of your money more than them because you send them chingum money that can't take you a week but spend thousands of what you send to them there for yourself. So how are they enjoying more than you?
Person go just dey begin calculate the small 100 dollars ( wey be like 100 naira to am) wey him dey send say e too much. Small prayers wey you for receive for sending a meager 100 dollars, you now lose it because of over calculations.

It's this wicked mentality that is making many of you to be stingy. It's very bad. If they have the opportunity to be there like you, I'm sure they won't ask you for anything.

Keep your money. Those in naija go still shine and fresh pass una because we eat real natural organic food and get natural Vit D year round.
You guys wait. It's only a matter of time, we will soon have good govt and nobody will send you and your lonely lives abroad anymore.

Very stingy people.

My brother God bless you!!!.. that's the spirit and na so you go dey prosper dey go. Leave all the AKA gum to be forming too know and over calculations. Na only them get calculator.

My brother, God bless you.
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by DivinegiftofGod: 3:35pm On Feb 06
EmperorCaesar:

No wonder u cancelled out religion

Na this kind wickedness dey live for your heart

Na those fools wey dey ask una for money i blame

Inferiority-complex at its peak

Spits on your forehead

As in eh... And this kind people no dey ever dey Happy for their lives because they are always comparing their lives with those in Nigeria and all the freedom and simple things they are missing. Envying those who are enjoying it but they forget say life no balance.
You got the money but not the freedom and simple things that make life fulfilling and peaceful. E dey pain them? Hm!

There's nothing like having joy.

1 Like

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by cococandy(f): 4:39pm On Feb 06
Are you oluchi’s husband by chance wink
IbeOkehie:

This is a big lie o! Any Igbo person can give you stories of ladies who LITERALLY sacrificed their entire life caring for siblings and parents. Many women who had good jobs or businesses and built houses for their families, put many siblings and nephews and nieces through university and in the process "forgot" to get married.

It's soooo common in Igboland. I'm sure it's the same among other African tribes but I can only speak on the one I'm sure of.

As to husbands well my life has been very significantly and positively impacted by my wife. I admit I'm lucky. Luck plays a big role in life, some say luck exists only where preparation and awareness meets relevant opportunity.

I generally don't like to discuss family issues because it can touch on deep sensitivities and insecurities. I wish I were more brave about it but I'm only human. I'm really curious as to how you developed this opinion.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by t2luv1: 4:48pm On Feb 06
DivinegiftofGod:
This is pure jeolousy. Envying your own family members is the height of witchcraft

Very stingy people.

Really. Okay, let's come out of the woodwork on this. Someone fu*king work hard for their money and you have the stone to call that person stingy !!! Just because they don't want to share their money with you. I know money ain't the most important thing in life but trust me partner it is way ahead of whatever sh*t might be in second place so let's get that out the way. Let's make a deal you keep all your organic and Vit D crap you blabbing out and let her keep her money.

1 Like

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by cococandy(f): 5:20pm On Feb 06
You’re literally making his point. SMH
DivinegiftofGod:

How can you say 100 pounds is not like 100 naira? How can you compare 1600 Pounds to 1600 naira? Do you even know what you're saying?

Ok, since you want to compare cost of living, can 1600 naira afford you all those things you mentioned in Nigeria? Since you feel they are both of the same value.. if you earn 1600 in Nigeria it can't even feed you a day. But the Same 1600 pounds can afford you a lot both home and abroad and you'll still be able to save so what exactly is your point?
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by izibili44: 6:49pm On Feb 06
grin angry grin grin angry grin angry angry grin
DivinegiftofGod:

My brother God bless you!!!.. that's the spirit and na so you go dey prosper dey go. Leave all the AKA gum to be forming too know and over calculations. Na only them get calculator.

My brother, God bless you.
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by msrcusgarvey6(m): 8:19pm On Feb 06
Anglo Saxon capitalism kills the worker. People mistake it to be epitome of successful life and generalize it as standards obtainef in civilized world.

There more success stories about sending money home more than what some of you have
AreaFada2:

Let be realistic. Investing in 9ja is a major mistake unless you are on ground to do it yourself. People warned me years back, I didn't listen.

Done that, seen it. People managing it will ruin you. RUIN as in capital. Biggest regret.

My cousin got her own share if it 3 years back despite my warning to her. No house to see when she arrived home. House being built and pics sent were fake. Adjusting for recent inflation and currency devaluation, total sum should be abo nowut 65 to 70m Naira.

Simple advice to her: Forget the money and get your ass back abroad before they kpai you. Leave as soon as Covid-19 lockdown allows you.

Investment in shares? Same story. Fake land, etc.

If you saved 10m Naira in 9ia or invested in shares in 2014, how much is it worth today?

If you built a small hotel in 9ja, how much return will you get as ROI? Well I know many who have since sold up due to family eating all the proceeds. Decades of experience here.
9ja is a sink hole for your funds.

In any case, forget about returning to 9ia for retirement. To darkness, bandits, kidnappers, poor health care and bad roads?

Diaspora people should wake up. The community spirit and loving parents you grew up with are either already gone or will soon go totally. Nothing left. You are a grown ass adult now that only your nuclear family wherever you live care about. Nobody else.
Even the houses you built, some relatives are ready to drag it with your abroad based kids and wife if God forbid anything happens to you today. With juju and any other means.

Keep your money/investment for YOUR CHILDREN. Not in 9ja.

Do charity as the spirit leads you, but expect nothing.
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by armyofone(m): 9:48pm On Feb 06
DivinegiftofGod:
This is pure jeolousy. Envying your own family members is the height of witchcraft

Very stingy people.

grin grin grin

Why now grin
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Poanan: 9:48pm On Feb 06
DivinegiftofGod:

Your second sentence explains it all. 100 naira is not same as 100 pounds; same way 1600 naira is not same as 1600 pounds. 100pounds on feeding per month is a subtantial part of your feeding money for the month for someone without a family who doesn't eat out.
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by armyofone(m): 9:55pm On Feb 06
AreaFada2:

Let be realistic. Investing in 9ja is a major mistake unless you are on ground to do it yourself. People warned me years back, I didn't listen.

Done that, seen it. People managing it will ruin you. RUIN as in capital. Biggest regret.

My cousin got her own share if it 3 years back despite my warning to her. No house to see when she arrived home. House being built and pics sent were fake. Adjusting for recent inflation and currency devaluation, total sum should be abo nowut 65 to 70m Naira.

Simple advice to her: Forget the money and get your ass back abroad before they kpai you. Leave as soon as Covid-19 lockdown allows you.

If you saved 10m Naira in 9ia or invested in shares in 2014, how much is it worth today?

If you built a small hotel in 9ja, how much return will you get as ROI? Well I know many who have since sold up due to family eating all the proceeds. Decades of experience here.

In any case, forget about returning to 9ia for retirement. To darkness, bandits, kidnappers, poor health care and bad roads?

Diaspora people should wake up. The community spirit and loving parents you grew up with are either already gone or will soon go totally. Nothing left. You are a grown ass adult now that only your nuclear family wherever you live care about. Nobody else.
Even the houses you built, some relatives are ready to drag it with your abroad based kids and wife if God forbid anything happens to you today. With juju and any other means.

What should someone do in this situation of dragging your property with you?
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by armyofone(m): 10:01pm On Feb 06
1stGenAmerican:

If this guy managed to build himself a new house in Nigeria, why does he need his brother abroad to send him 300 pounds per month? His accomplishment proves he can take care of himself so why does he need his brother’s money?

I wonder....
Why would a brother send 300 pounds or dollars to another brother per month ?
Ummm he will be in trouble the day or month he didn’t send.

2 Likes

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by armyofone(m): 10:20pm On Feb 06
1Sharon:
We are not like our parents generation. No silly fake story moves us anymore ! People back home lie so much.

Notice how their sob stories always sound the same and it's always an incessant emergency that only your money can solve. No matter the amount you send, their problems never end.

Extended family back home don't care about you, they care about what they can get.

Focus your money and attention on those that truly care about you. People back home lie to rob you dry.

Edit:

You'll see a diasporan with 20-30yrs experience abroad with nothing to show for it.

They siphoned all their money to Africa to mind businesses that don't concern them, they end up having nothing for themselves. Those same ppl they helped will end up mocking and ask why you have nothing.

Spending their money on common Vitamin D tablets would have been truly more beneficial than sending to an ungrateful manner less relative.

So true!
You hear of people who manage and lived frugal life overseas to be able to send money home all the time as the asking for money never ends.
You hear of those who can't send their kids to private schools oversea so they can afford to send money to family whose kids are in private schools in Nigeria or responsible for family members in university.

Tomorrow, they will still tell you you didn't do anything for them. Entitlements!

2 Likes

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Gerrard59(m): 8:54am On Feb 07
armyofone:

What should someone do in this situation of dragging your property with you?

You let it go. grin
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Gerrard59(m): 8:56am On Feb 07
I read everything, and the comments are interesting and startling.

I am grateful to God for the family I come from.

sha, one major way to tackle this issue na for people to born the number of children dem fit take care of.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Hausa(m): 7:07am On Feb 08
AreaFada2:

Damn, bro...
What exactly did people in Nigeria do to you that is making you commit this fallacy of hasty generalisation?
Haba!

Omo, dem bleed you ooo.
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by AreaFada2: 2:04am On Feb 14
Hausa:
Damn, bro...
What exactly did people in Nigeria do to you that is making you commit this fallacy of hasty generalisation?
Haba!

Omo, dem bleed you ooo.

If you spent decades believing in and pursuing the goal of returning to 9ja, only to see that virtually everyone you trusted was a fraud all along, you will know whether it's fallacy or not. You are talking of generalisation when I quoted examples of other people's experience too. Even the projects they managed to complete, it cost around 150 to 200% than the actual cost.

Anybody is free to invest in 9ja, but shine YOUR EYES. Trust nobody, especially if you don't have any parents alive anymore.

The good thing is that the disappointment has become a blessing now. Hold your hard currency where you dey hustle.

1 Like

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Originalsly: 4:38am On Feb 14
DivinegiftofGod:

Shey because you send person money you want to dictate how they should live their lives?

Oh.. because they depend on you they should live like paupers so you can feel like a king over them,? Weldon o

It's bad. If you give person something, commot eyes. Don't try to rule peoples lives because you helped them. That's evil manipulation.
Nothing like entitlement mentality here. Let the poor breathe!

If a guy be asking you for money to help feed his family .... would you give him? If you later find out the money you be giving him is being used to buy drugs ... will you continue to give him? If no .... why not?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Vehicle Skids Off Bridge, Falls Into Lagoon In Lagos / Ghastly Accident Along Njaba Road In Imo, Resident Blames Marine Spirit. Photos / Man Comes Out Alive From Crushed Bus After Container Destroyed 9 Vehicles. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.