Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) (47128 Views)

First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. / Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations / Inside Yahaya Bello's Multi-Billion Naira Mansion By TheNigeriaTimes.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by splendournoni: 9:05pm On Feb 06
Good step in the positive direction BUT good deals should be made at our own interest not our politicians seeking our resources out just to fill their pockets
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by Think9ja(m): 9:06pm On Feb 06
Righthussle:
"Plant Expected To Be Inaugurated This Year, It Would Create Jobs And Positively Impact The Economy.
"

Story

Big story I swear
And where is the multi billion structure?
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by merits(m): 9:08pm On Feb 06
Zafsy75:
This Is A Multi Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State, Nigeria .

●The Lithium Processing Plant Has The Capacity Of Processing 3000 Metric Tonnes A Day.

●Plant Expected To Be Inaugurated This Year, It Would Create Jobs And Positively Impact The Economy.

Bandits will still kidnap the workers and demand for huge amounts of money to jeopardize the company management, North is hell
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by Think9ja(m): 9:08pm On Feb 06
christejames:
This is interesting!

Nasarawa State is the home of solid minerals, if that state gets a well focused government, the fortune of the state will be turnaround for good.

All na wash
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by matify83: 9:09pm On Feb 06
MasterTeeUSA:
Wrong...TESLA wanted to import our Lithium without building a plant..Chinese agreed to build a plant and they are also building Lithium Battery Plants and Lithium Solar...so yes they will benefit but they are not stealing..they are adding value to it. Would you have invested in it? Should Govt start doing all these?

If those things you listed are parts of the T&C for operating the plant, it will be a welcome development. It will mean we are getting it right gradually.

Imagine we had such contracts with shell , BP and chevron when oil was discovered in Niger delta to build refineries upon hitting any well with reserves of say a billion barrels .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by seunayantokun(m): 9:12pm On Feb 06
The Chinese grabbing you all by the balls.
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by ilevic(m): 9:16pm On Feb 06
Zafsy75:
This Is A Multi Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State, Nigeria .

●The Lithium Processing Plant Has The Capacity Of Processing 3000 Metric Tonnes A Day.

●Plant Expected To Be Inaugurated This Year, It Would Create Jobs And Positively Impact The Economy.

It's sad that lithium is extracted in the south but take to the North for processing.
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by bizzibodi(m): 9:17pm On Feb 06
They will process d extract d lithium raw take it to china to produce lithium ion batteries then sell it to us exorbitantly in dollars,no be foolishness be that?
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by LegallyBlunt: 9:20pm On Feb 06
jojothaiv:

Hopefully, Africans will start demanding accountability from her leaders and those who just come around to cart away what's left of her.

Personally, I believed the redemption Africa needs and bleeds for will not come out to Nigeria, we are far too divided to be have a united voice.

Take a good look at this thread and you will understand my point.
It's so sad.
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by adonainana: 9:37pm On Feb 06
I think I have a conspiracy theory when random industries spring up in the most unsuspecting places .

So for instance let’s say Chinese factories need batteries or raw materials for making batteries in China

So they engage private investors who go to 3 rd world countries where the raw material for the finished product is located . A few hands are settled here and there and thereafter the companies are launched in the 3rd world country

The company would employ locals and contribute to Nigeria economy however the materials for making the Lithium would be locally bought or accesssed and then after the finished batteries would be exported or moved to CHINA

No company in Nigeria or no factory in Nigeria needs batteries for anything

This arrangement makes the Chinese investors double rich as not only are they sourcing the raw material for free they are now even exporting the same finished product for free

Remember the Chinese company that is domiciled in the CHINA is exactly the same company that built the factory in Nigeria so it won’t really be exporting

It will be more or less just moving the finished products from one department to another

Very smart and innovative

So more or less the Chinese just came to acces

1 Like

Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by RickyJesus: 9:40pm On Feb 06
matify83:

Correction!

Lithium doesn't waste away, it has been there for donkey years and will remain there for another thousands of years if it is not mined.

I don't want us to repeat the mistakes we made with oil with another resource that requires foreign investors to process. The case of Niger and France concerning uranium mining is still causing ripples in the west African subregion.
Get your ass off social media and act, join group or something. Don't for one minute think posting your opinion on here is worth jack.
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by matify83: 9:50pm On Feb 06
RickyJesus:

Get your ass off social media and act, join group or something. Don't for one minute think posting your opinion on here is worth jack.

A barbarian spotted.

If you are so incapacitated in making a coherent contribution on a simple topic as this, then I guarantee you that your 6 weeks Benin republic certification was also a waste of scarce resources.

Let me school you on a popular quote from prof wole Soyinka.

“I don’t deal in social media. As far as I’m concerned, barbarians have taken over social media and they have swapped the intellectual quotient which used to make and still make social media valid in other societies. Here in this country, social media has been dragged down to the lowest common denominator."
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by shortIGBOman: 10:05pm On Feb 06
Lovelyn451:
u call Anambra, imo, and Abia Barren? U be mumu...crude, gas, coal, rice, palm, cassava, human development etc...anyway they don't mine skulls so you're right they're barren...

They are the only states that contribute zero to Nigerian economy.
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by Pauliaette(m): 10:10pm On Feb 06
Owner is from where? This is serious
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by ObiPandora: 10:11pm On Feb 06
Are the Chinese the one that turn Niger Delta into what it is today ?! Isn't it your america n British fools you trusted beta than the Chinese ?

matify83:

Go to the Niger delta and see the environmental degradation and pollution your so called investors have wrecked on their land.

We must learn from our past mistakes. Our desperation for foreign investors shouldn't make us sign our death warrant.

The Chinese are not people with scruples that you can trust fully.

I bet you that they set up that plant because they are not interested in handling the waste the plant will generate in their own country.

Before long you will begin to hear of poor waste disposal from that plant.

Concerning my ethnicity, it is irrelevant to the discuss.
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by ObiPandora: 10:13pm On Feb 06
You de go rest for house.

nlfpmod seun mydd44 obinascopy nlfpmod fergie001

Lovelyn451:
u call Anambra, imo, and Abia Barren? U be mumu...crude, gas, coal, rice, palm, cassava, human development etc...anyway they don't mine skulls so you're right they're barren...
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by Yestogood: 10:40pm On Feb 06
matify83:
The Chinese are here to grab and leech on our resources again.

I hope there will be stringent regulations to protect the environment and also prevent them from fleecing the state and country of our dues.

Government should follow up on the agreement with them setting up a battery manufacturing plant in proximity to this processing/extracting plant

The Chinese are already illegally mining lithium and a bunch of solid minerals across the North. They have never been bothered by the violence and insecurity. Sometimes it seems like they have a hand in the insecurity.
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by PROPEACE: 11:04pm On Feb 06
matify83:

I hope there will be stringent regulations to protect the environment and also prevent them from fleecing the state and country of our dues.

Government should follow up on the agreement with them setting up a battery manufacturing plant in proximity to this processing/extracting plant
And how, if I may ask, did you arrive at the conclusion that it belongs to the Chinese?
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by matify83: 11:08pm On Feb 06
PROPEACE:

And how, if I may ask, did you arrive at the conclusion that it belongs to the Chinese?

“I strongly believe that with the construction of the lithium factory here in Nasarawa State, more of Chinese stakeholders will invest in Nigeria which would help to boost the economy of the nation,” The President of Ganfeng Lithium Industry Limited, Pan Quen,

1 Like

Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by Chaolin: 11:11pm On Feb 06
Righthussle:
"Plant Expected To Be Inaugurated This Year, It Would Create Jobs And Positively Impact The Economy.
"

Story

Story, story hhhh
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by Menclothing: 11:38pm On Feb 06
Produce all types of battery In Nigeria
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by Everfrank(m): 12:00am On Feb 07
Zafsy75:

THANKS TO BUHARI.
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by MasterTeeUSA: 12:33am On Feb 07
That was under Buhari by the way/// The idea of adding values started then but most Nigerians had no clue...Look it all up.

https://restofworld.org/2023/nigeria-lithium-processing-ev/

matify83:

If those things you listed are parts of the T&C for operating the plant, it will be a welcome development. It will mean we are getting it right gradually.

Imagine we had such contracts with shell , BP and chevron when oil was discovered in Niger delta to build refineries upon hitting any well with reserves of say a billion barrels .
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by Lovelyn451(f): 1:02am On Feb 07
shortIGBOman:

They are the only states that contribute zero to Nigerian economy.
even your existence depends on them
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by Sirianese: 1:03am On Feb 07
MrProlific95:
Will IT WILL CURE mouth ODOUR OR ADDICTION TO COCAINE?

E dey cure madness!
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by kayusely70(m): 1:40am On Feb 07
shotuns:
Would have been nice if states have the autonomy to control its resources but the money vampires in Aso rock won't let it happen. All states in Nigeria have one or more natural resources that can be harnessed to bring about rapid development for the states. Nigeria should have no business with poverty.
You've spoken very well! Nigeria needs to be restructured by giving the states some powers to harness their resources but would those benefitting from the current system allow it?
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by Bfly: 2:12am On Feb 07
Chinese company? Nigerians will work there as labourers while the government tax the company.Africa are mentally lazy. The tropical environment is one hell of a comfort zone.
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by cloud7: 2:30am On Feb 07
You guys don't know the POWER of mafia's controlling the Littium business world.... Americans/Britain/Russian will not fold their hands and see that company thrives...Ajakuta steel company comes to mind....
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by Xiaohei(m): 2:31am On Feb 07
matify83:

Quit sounding like a broken vinyl record. Would you be convulsing if Elon Musk or a European company had set-up a lithium processing facility in Nigeria? Are wealthy Nigerians, cooperations investing in the lithium industry? The black man perpetually blames others for his own failures.
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by matify83: 4:19am On Feb 07
Xiaohei:

Quit sounding like a broken vinyl record. Would you be convulsing if Elon Musk or a European company had set-up a lithium processing facility in Nigeria? Are wealthy Nigerians, cooperations investing in the lithium industry? The black man perpetually blames others for his own failures.

Do yourself some schooling by exploring other nations where the Chinese have set up shop to extract rare earth minerals and you will agree with me why I'm pessimistic about their outwardly innocuous investment in this project which has the potential of becoming pernicious if the regulators take their eyes off the ball.

The fact that wealthy Nigerians are not investing in lithium extraction does not mean we should jump at every investment with potential to harms our ecosystem, expose our citizens to degrading work and health conditions and fleece the nation of the desired foreign exchange.

Elon musk has some modicum of scruples in his business organization unlike the Chinese who are renowned for their underhand tactics in business.

The regulators like I said earlier have their work cut out for them.

I will help you by providing a link to many of the atrocious behavior of the Chinese in other African countries.

Not all that glitters is gold

https://www.wilsoncenter.org/blog-post/examining-chinas-impact-mining-africa-critiques-and-credible-responses
Re: Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) by Hotice085: 4:21am On Feb 07
matify83:

If the Chinese can grab and leech on our resources doesn't it tell our useless both leaders and followers we as a people are?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun Governorship Election Results By LGA (2023) / Buhari Receives Briefing From Osagie Ehanire And Chikwe Ihekweazu / "Emir Of FESTAC Town" In Sallah Parade In Lagos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.