Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe (929 Views)

Kano Or Kaduna Which City Is The Face Of Arewa(pics) / Those Saying That There Are No Igbos In Edo State. See This. / "There Are No Igbos In The South South" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by abdeefggh: 12:42pm On Feb 07
Why i ask this question is because i have not seen any igbo claiming they are from kano, sotoko or Borno but they are quick they say they are from SW states especially Lagos with the excuse that they born them there, is it that they dont live or born in other places aside Lagos?

This is becoming weird day by day, why are igbos not claiming other states since its one Nigeria and they have right to claim anywhere they want ?? undecided

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by DarkLover: 12:50pm On Feb 07
I hope this question is asked with pure intention and devoid of ethnic profiling.

The answer is yes, coming from someone who has spent quality time in the ‘north’ North. I've seen quite a few. They always have the northern accent and they seem cool and friendlier than Igbos in the West.

My best friend is Bauchi raised Igbo, dude’s the best man I've seen, he's more a brother to me than my blood bro.

6 Likes

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by Mindlog: 1:02pm On Feb 07
abdeefggh:
Why i ask this question is because i have not seen any igbo claiming they are from kano, sotoko or Borno but they are quick they say they are from SW states especially Lagos with the excuse that they born them there, is it that they dont live or born in other places aside Lagos?

This is becoming weird day by day, why are igbos not claiming other states since its one Nigeria and they have right to claim anywhere they want ?? undecided

So the Igbos who were your classmates in primary and secondary school, used to fill Osun, Oyo, Ogun etc as their state of origin?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by IamAtikulate: 1:20pm On Feb 07
What's Yoruba fixation with Lagos?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by rantingpigs: 1:26pm On Feb 07
Its FEAR masqueraded with hatred.

IamAtikulate:
What's Yoruba fixation with Lagos?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by rantingpigs: 1:28pm On Feb 07
They have opened another tribe baiting thread..but the funniest thing about it is that they are all failures and worthless idiots.

Let dem keep hating , while IGBOs have proven to be real NIGGAZ that bring value.

Sophisticated foolishness is generational...ask Awolowo... grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by Dubetex96(m): 1:33pm On Feb 07
Mumu man

1 Like

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by waynetee(m): 4:01pm On Feb 07
Fear!

They dare not try any nonsense in those places you mentioned because the day they try it might be their last day on earth
They've been there many times so they know what's up.

I doubt they can even cross their boundaries in some SW states also like Oyo and some places in Osun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by christistruth01: 4:07pm On Feb 07
abdeefggh:

They are not even claiming ordinary Edo State
You know the way Edo State are they don't take nonsense
Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by AbaganaMiracle: 5:15pm On Feb 07
abdeefggh:

Why are 99& of yorubas claiming Lagos state when they are all migrants to Lagos state?

8 Likes

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by chiagozien(m): 6:42pm On Feb 07
abdeefggh:

Lagos is no man's land.

2 Likes

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by Amumaigwe: 7:13pm On Feb 07
abdeefggh:

Don't go and hustle and make enough money and start buying properties everywhere like Igbos so that you will have bragging right like them too. You claim Lagos as Yoruba, but Igbos own the properties that makes Lagos what it is. Lazy ass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by Amumaigwe: 7:17pm On Feb 07
waynetee:
Fear!

They dare not try any nonsense in those places you mentioned because the day they try it might be their last day on earth
They've been there many times so they know what's up.

I doubt they can even cross their boundaries in some SW states also like Oyo and some places in Osun

Lagos is a former FCT and therefore a nomansland. Kano does not have the same status.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by christistruth01: 7:21pm On Feb 07
There are even 4th Generation Yorubas in Kaduna that claim Ogbomosho Oyo State

3 Likes

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by christistruth01: 7:24pm On Feb 07
Amumaigwe:

Lagos is a former FCT and therefore a nomansland. Kano does not have the same status.

Lagos Island was the Capital not Lagos State
Lokoja was also Capita
99% of Lagos State Land Mass was carved out of Awolowo's Yoruba Western Region in 1967
It wasn't part of the Capital and 95% of Lagos State Population live there
Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by abdeefggh: 7:32pm On Feb 07
Amumaigwe:

Why u no claim kogi state or calabar since they are all former capital.
Moreover only Lagos Island which is not even up to 4% of current Lagos state was former capital, you can see you still don't make sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by APCNig: 7:55pm On Feb 07
Mindlog:

So the Igbos who were your classmates in primary and secondary school, used to fill Osun, Oyo, Ogun etc as their state of origin?

All of them are now claiming Lagos indegene. But we know that Shukwundi and Shinaza are not children of Oduduwa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by ValarDoharis: 8:21pm On Feb 07
The Igbanke people of Edo are Igbos
christistruth01:

They are not even claiming ordinary Edo State
You know the way Edo State are they don't take nonsense
Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by christistruth01: 8:26pm On Feb 07
ValarDoharis:
The Igbanke people of Edo are Igbos

They are Edos and have been in their location for many Centuries

2 Likes

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by christistruth01: 8:28pm On Feb 07
AbaganaMiracle:

Why are 99& of yorubas claiming Lagos state when they are all migrants to Lagos state?
Because Lagos is Yorubaland
And Yorubaland is Yoruba Homeland

1 Like

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by ValarDoharis: 8:30pm On Feb 07
Doesn't matter in they've been there for thousands of years. From Igbanke all the way to Benue to Rivers....Igbos stretches across.

You're looking at boundaries created by the colonialists and military. The Igbos are in Edo, Delta, Imo, Enugu, Abia, Anambra, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Benue, Kogi, Ebonyi
christistruth01:

They are Edos and have been in their location for many Centuries
Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by gidgiddy: 9:18pm On Feb 07
abdeefggh:

Not even Tinubu is from Lagos, but claimed Lagos and became its Governor. Sanwo-Olu did the same

1 Like

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by christistruth01: 9:36pm On Feb 07
ValarDoharis:
Doesn't matter in they've been there for thousands of years. From Igbanke all the way to Benue to Rivers....Igbos stretches across.

You're looking at boundaries created by the colonialists and military. The Igbos are in Edo, Delta, Imo, Enugu, Abia, Anambra, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Benue, Kogi, Ebonyi

The Igbanke are even Edo and part of the Oduduwa Commonwealth
They answer to the Oba of Benin

Stop eyeing others territory

1 Like

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by ValarDoharis: 9:49pm On Feb 07
They're Igbos. Again, you're looking at boundaries created by govts. They speak Igbo language and their culture is Igbo
christistruth01:

The Igbanke are even Edo and part of the Oduduwa Commonwealth
They answer to the Oba of Benin

Stop eyeing others territory
Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by paramakina202: 9:55pm On Feb 07
abdeefggh:

And every Taofik and Tijani from Kwara in Northern Nigeria is claiming Lagos state as their state origin.
Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by christistruth01: 10:29pm On Feb 07
ValarDoharis:
They're Igbos. Again, you're looking at boundaries created by govts. They speak Igbo language and their culture is Igbo

Igbanke are part of the Oduduwa Commonwealth under Oba of Benin

It was not created by the Government the British met them there

Igbos don’t have kings

Igbanke do

2 Likes

Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by Nicepoker(m): 10:33pm On Feb 07
Op your brain is as tiny as ewedu seed. What kind of a foolish thread is this. grin
Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by ValarDoharis: 10:39pm On Feb 07
Suit yourself, I have told you because I had close relationships with Igbanke people and we hear each other when we speak
christistruth01:

Igbanke are part of the Oduduwa Commonwealth under Oba of Benin

It was not created by the Government the British met them there

Igbos don’t have kings

Igbanke do
Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by Mindlog: 12:00am On Feb 08
APCNig:

All of them are now claiming Lagos indegene. But we know that Shukwundi and Shinaza are not children of Oduduwa.

Chukwudi and Chinaza are not children of Oduduwa and will NEVER be because God created them in His own image and likeness, they are already God's children and can't be children of a lesser god. grin cool
Re: Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe by aswani(m): 12:22am On Feb 08
AbaganaMiracle:

They are not migrants to anywhere, their forebears built houses and settled down, as is their wont, in the Western Region part of the present Lagos state.

Because the government decided to create a new state that encroaches into Western Region does not make them migrants.

They moved from one Yoruba speaking part of Western state to another, chikena. They are at home and should be allowed to relax in peace within their fathers house, so to speak.

(1) (Reply)

Military Retaliation In The South Has Colors Of Religious and ethnic Conquest / Batist Fawaz Alaba Who Wished Obi “six Feet Below” drowns at ibeshe beach / Does South West Have Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.