Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali (47962 Views)

Super Eagles Keeper Nwabili Returns Back To His South Africa Club Chippa United / Nwabali: Our Support For You Remains Steadfast - Chippa United Back Super Eagles / Transfer: South African Club, Chippa United Demand €2 Million For Nwabali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by onadana: 1:25pm On Feb 07
He is right to support his pocket.The higher Nigeria goes the more negotiating power for Chippa United.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Badguy77(m): 1:25pm On Feb 07
That was too unpatriotic of him.

Sometimes silence is golden.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by VinnyBaba: 1:28pm On Feb 07
bestman09:
This post has appeared before on the front page under a different heading. Which mod pushed it to the front page again?
Anyway, the man just shot himself on the leg. He just gambled with his business. Some words are not meant to be spoken out. THE INTERNET NEVER FORGETS

Life is Gambles! smiley

Gambles is Publicity!

Publicity is Attention and even Money.

Many Europeans will watch this Match because of this Saga.
Some will follow South African league because of it, too.
Unless South Africans are Dull, they should see the good side of it. smiley

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by ablejesus26(m): 1:29pm On Feb 07
SA is going home this evening,them don over stay their welcome for the tournament sef.

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by absoluteSuccess: 1:31pm On Feb 07
ZekeYeager:
Nigeria is truly a cursed land.

Hyper-poverty, wretchedness, cost of living, kidnapping and crime at home
;

Xenophobia and discrimination away from home

Meanwhile the Iragbiji bedwetter has run away to chill in the cool and leafy atmosphere of a 5 star luxury hotel in fashionable Paris, France while his impoverished foot soldiers have been abandoned to feel the heat grin

O ma se o!

And you can say this about the country of your birth and that of your parents just to spite? Nigeria is not cursed, its the people in it catastrophizing instead of looking for a way forward.

Do you know just one good thing about Nigeria?
Can you stand for one good thing for Nigeria?

Its convenient to stand aside and point at the curse in other people's life when we should be doing our best to make life better. That's what took us here in the first instance, convenient thinking instead of moving forward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by marsup: 1:31pm On Feb 07
He should have just kept quiet.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Liamm(m): 1:31pm On Feb 07
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by VinnyBaba: 1:32pm On Feb 07
RickyJesus:

This has nothing to do with illiteracy, the man was idiotic to show support for Nigeria just because your goal keeper is from there, that's just plain stupid.

Leave the Man alone. sad

He is thinking of Money that will be gotten from Nwabali's sale.

It's a business gamble.

Let's hope it goes well for him. smiley
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by leathalbeast: 1:33pm On Feb 07
Nigerians, be careful out there in SA
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by sageb: 1:37pm On Feb 07
robosky02:
South Africans attack Chippa United boss after declaring support for Nwabali & Super Eagles

Chippa United chairman released a statement to disclose the club's support for their goalkeeper Stanley Nwabali and the Nigeria Super Eagles.
Chippa United chairman Siviwe Mpengasi has sparked outrage in South Africa after he declared his support for club star Stanley Nwabali.

Pulse Sports Nigeria can report that the Chippa United boss released an official statement to reveal the club’s position ahead of the clash between Nigeria and South Africa.

Chippa United and Super Eagles
In a lengthy statement posted on the social media platform, via the club’s official account, Mpengesi congratulated the Premier Soccer League for having the most players at AFCON and applauded Bafana Bafana coach Hugo Broos for selecting homegrown talent.

However, he then proclaimed that he and Chippa United stand behind Nwabali, who is the club’s first-choice goalkeeper, and the Super Eagles against South Africa due to the player's rising profile. Nwabali plays for Chippa United and has impressed at the tournament for Nigeria.

“As the Chairman of Chippa United FC and as a proud South African, I find myself in a unique position during this 2023 AFCON tournament in that our very own Nigeria international Stanley Nwabal has been a revelation, his performance for the Nigerian National Team has caught the eyes of the globe, earning him and our cub international claim,” he said.

“With Stanley's rising profile and the international attention it brings to Chippa United FC, the benefits have been nothing but positive. Therefore, I and Chippa United FC stand behind our player Starley Nwabal and the Nigerian Super Eagles tomorrow against South Africa,’’ he added.

Reactions
Mpengesi's comments have drawn intense criticism on social media from South African fans, who felt the chairman should be supporting his own nation.

Many have viewed the statement as a betrayal to be wishing an opposing team well. Here are some of the reactions.

With Bafana Bafana aiming to reach the AFCON final, Mpengesi's divisive remarks have cast a pall over preparations.

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/south-africans-attack-chippa-united-boss-after-declaring-support-for-nwabali-and-super-eagles-2024020711105600567

@Samantha124 Nigeria will win South Africa
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by ogeenanthony(m): 1:38pm On Feb 07
Your opinion
His opinion
Their opinions
But, no cause for violence...
Richnero99:
They are right though
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Beuberry(f): 1:40pm On Feb 07
Pity South African on internet.
The trolling I ll do ll be unbearable!
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by khattab02: 1:41pm On Feb 07
All these are uncalled for...

It is going to heat the intense atmosphere already.

I hope everyone remains calm
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by JuanDeDios: 1:42pm On Feb 07
AOB1:
He have right to support whoever he wants, South Africa citizens are not mature at all
Dumb of him, if you ask me. He should've just kept quiet. Or maybe he knew the reaction he'd get and he was prepared for it - based on some calculations of benefits accruing to the club from Nwabali's performance. If it was Nigeria, some people would react too.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by slowice(m): 1:44pm On Feb 07
Emperormartin:
As a Nigerian I will have to admit the Coach is wrong here.

He's placing Club commitment first to his nation's committee.

In football world, it's your country first then all other things follows

You are a bigoted soul.. He's a business focused on his business. This isn't a war, just footballl
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Pipefitter: 1:46pm On Feb 07
Sleekfingers:

You got it.

But the message came out at the wrong time.

Yes oo.. it was an act of desperation, because he knows bigger clubs will make love for the guy, so it's an indirect blackmail

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by KekeNash(f): 1:47pm On Feb 07
Hope they get relegated so they can get sense, Chippa is sponsored by Municipality with tax payers money, nonsense!
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by KekeNash(f): 1:49pm On Feb 07
JealousCobra:

Xenophobic country!

It is in their bloods, "jackie999" I don't know about you? Major international football tournaments should not be held in that country.

that time we hosted almost everything wink
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Henix(m): 1:51pm On Feb 07
He is a business man and therefore should put his business interest 1st before pleasure
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by RickyJesus: 1:55pm On Feb 07
VinnyBaba:

Leave the Man alone. sad

He is thinking of Money that will be gotten from Nwabali's sale.

It's a business gamble.

Let's hope it goes well for him. smiley
Na wetin make am throw his country under the bus be that? Him for just dey stay silent for the matter naw.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by ZekeYeager: 1:56pm On Feb 07
I didn't ask for Nigeria to be the country of my birth so I have no moral or legal obligation to defend its reputation. The only connection I have with Nigeria is my family and friends. Outside of that circle, nothing else matters to me.

I am also not responsible for Nigeria's abysmal record of nearly 70 years of failure, incompetence and underachievement.

absoluteSuccess:

And you can say this about the country of your birth and that of your parents just to spite? Nigeria is not cursed, its the people in it catastrophizing instead of looking for a way forward.

My guess is that you can't even mention one truly good or useful thing about Nigeria otherwise you wouldn't be asking me to supply you with the answer to your questions.

Do you know just one good thing about Nigeria?
Can you stand for one good thing for Nigeria?

I'm doing my best to make life better for myself, my family and my friends. God willing I will be better able to help them when I relocate to a more prosperous part of the world. It is not my duty to save Nigerians from having to live with the consequences of the bad electoral choices they have consistently made for themselves from 1960 to present.
Its convenient to stand aside and point at the curse in other people's life when we should be doing our best to make life better. That's what took us here in the first instance, convenient thinking instead of moving forward.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by DLuciano: 1:58pm On Feb 07
ruggedboych:
Nigerians should shut and stop making controversies over nothing, South Africa are ahead of Nigeria in every aspect until we kill corruption… is like I will support them to kill eagle chickens once and for all😁😁😄

for your mind your foolish talk make sense
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by hotseat: 2:01pm On Feb 07
The time tested adage which says "silence is golden" readily comes to mind.

This man just goofed!

Most times it's better to keep ones thoughts and wishes to one's self.

This may jeopardise his businesses in SA.

Majority of South Africans are mean and highly volatile!

The "soccer war" has just begun!

@hotseat
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Angelfrost(m): 2:03pm On Feb 07
These idiots don't understand the power of Reverse Psychology...!

The man is trying a different approach of increasing the 'confidence' of Super Eagles with the hope that it makes them lower their guards against his countrymen.

In essence... An overconfident Nwabali whose head is in the sky will make avoidable mistakes thereby giving South African strikers an edge to come out victorious.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by iamtardey: 2:03pm On Feb 07
See them… I’m beginning to dislike South African people fr fr… like wtf….
I remember how AKA(rip) use to trash talk Nigeria too …. Kini wahala won pelu Nigeria exactly nahh
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Agunesinjaweola: 2:06pm On Feb 07
Super Eagles 🦅 aren't capable of beating Bafana Banana though.

Nothing to worry about xenophobic attack.

So cool temper !!
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by zinaunreal(m): 2:07pm On Feb 07
Fvck the afcon Cup. I want us to beat this useless drug addicts today
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by bdon12: 2:08pm On Feb 07
robosky02:
South Africans attack Chippa United boss after declaring support for Nwabali & Super Eagles

Chippa United chairman released a statement to disclose the club's support for their goalkeeper Stanley Nwabali and the Nigeria Super Eagles.
Chippa United chairman Siviwe Mpengasi has sparked outrage in South Africa after he declared his support for club star Stanley Nwabali.

Pulse Sports Nigeria can report that the Chippa United boss released an official statement to reveal the club’s position ahead of the clash between Nigeria and South Africa.

Chippa United and Super Eagles
In a lengthy statement posted on the social media platform, via the club’s official account, Mpengesi congratulated the Premier Soccer League for having the most players at AFCON and applauded Bafana Bafana coach Hugo Broos for selecting homegrown talent.

However, he then proclaimed that he and Chippa United stand behind Nwabali, who is the club’s first-choice goalkeeper, and the Super Eagles against South Africa due to the player's rising profile. Nwabali plays for Chippa United and has impressed at the tournament for Nigeria.

“As the Chairman of Chippa United FC and as a proud South African, I find myself in a unique position during this 2023 AFCON tournament in that our very own Nigeria international Stanley Nwabal has been a revelation, his performance for the Nigerian National Team has caught the eyes of the globe, earning him and our cub international claim,” he said.

“With Stanley's rising profile and the international attention it brings to Chippa United FC, the benefits have been nothing but positive. Therefore, I and Chippa United FC stand behind our player Starley Nwabal and the Nigerian Super Eagles tomorrow against South Africa,’’ he added.

Reactions
Mpengesi's comments have drawn intense criticism on social media from South African fans, who felt the chairman should be supporting his own nation.

Many have viewed the statement as a betrayal to be wishing an opposing team well. Here are some of the reactions.

With Bafana Bafana aiming to reach the AFCON final, Mpengesi's divisive remarks have cast a pall over preparations.

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/south-africans-attack-chippa-united-boss-after-declaring-support-for-nwabali-and-super-eagles-2024020711105600567
Do they understand that club is a business n hav no relationship wit nationality?nwabali has made d club money rite now becos his transfer price done increase meaning chippa will hit big on top nwabali ....its jst like chelsea refusing to praise Drogba during worldcup btw england n ivory coast becos of his nationality. SA guys are really backward in terms of basic orientation....they really do hav low self esteem
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Flows001(m): 2:08pm On Feb 07
bigdammyj:
As expected.

How will Nigerians react if Eyimba main Striker is from South Africa and the Club (Eyimba Chairman) a Nigerian is wishing South A to win Nigeria in semifinal of AFCON?
I had Nigerian neighbours who openly supported Cameroon because of the Super Eagles poor group stage performance, but nobody threatened them. The Super Eagles rather embarrassed them by convincingly beating Cameroon..

Everyone is entitled to support whoever he or she feels like supporting, it's a mere sport after all, not like the man chose Nigeria over SA in a war situation..
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Emperormartin(m): 2:09pm On Feb 07
slowice:

You are a bigoted soul.. He's a business focused on his business. This isn't a war, just footballl
You're the bigoted sonofabitch...
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by FireUpNow(m): 2:09pm On Feb 07
Na dem dem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Best FIFA Awards: Ronaldo Shades Barcelona And Messi (Video) / Sunday Oliseh Strikes Pose With His Boys After Today's Training Session In Abuja / FIFA Accused Of refusing Super Eagles’ Fans From Entering The Stadium With Drums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.