Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali (48063 Views)

Super Eagles Keeper Nwabili Returns Back To His South Africa Club Chippa United / Nwabali: Our Support For You Remains Steadfast - Chippa United Back Super Eagles / Transfer: South African Club, Chippa United Demand €2 Million For Nwabali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Blazetrailer: 3:40pm On Feb 07
AOB1:
He have right to support whoever he wants, South Africa citizens are not mature at all

How will you have reacted if this was a Nigerian supporting South Africa to win...? I'm sure you woukd have called him names too
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Blazetrailer: 3:42pm On Feb 07
Nigerians condemning the reactions from South africans as if they would not have reacted same way or worse if a Nigerian voiced his support for South Africa to win against Nigeria. Hypocrisy
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Izuchukwu70: 3:42pm On Feb 07
Emperormartin:
As a Nigerian I will have to admit the Coach is wrong here.

He's placing Club commitment first to his nation's committee.

In football world, it's your country first then all other things follows

He's putting his pocket first. If Wabali gets transferred to a top European club, that's millions of dollars for Chippa United. Good sense.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by IPDGP: 3:48pm On Feb 07
Emperormartin:

You are not really right
During the balloon door, Nigeria no vote for their country player oshimen.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by ViceGovernor: 3:50pm On Feb 07
Them never lose YET they don start dey attack one of their own.

Now imagine after we finish walloping them this evening

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by back2sender: 3:57pm On Feb 07
Please can anyone share the livestream website one can watch Nigeria vs South Africa today?
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Sharon805010: 3:57pm On Feb 07
ruggedboych:
Nigerians should shut and stop making controversies over nothing, South Africa are ahead of Nigeria in every aspect until we kill corruption… is like I will support them to kill eagle chickens once and for all😁😁😄
keep quiet, corruption started from the likes of you undecided
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by idomytin(m): 4:05pm On Feb 07
You will go down with them too
ruggedboych:
Nigerians should shut and stop making controversies over nothing, South Africa are ahead of Nigeria in every aspect until we kill corruption… is like I will support them to kill eagle chickens once and for all😁😁😄
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by merits(m): 4:05pm On Feb 07
robosky02:
South Africans attack Chippa United boss after declaring support for Nwabali & Super Eagles

Chippa United chairman released a statement to disclose the club's support for their goalkeeper Stanley Nwabali and the Nigeria Super Eagles.
Chippa United chairman Siviwe Mpengasi has sparked outrage in South Africa after he declared his support for club star Stanley Nwabali.

Pulse Sports Nigeria can report that the Chippa United boss released an official statement to reveal the club’s position ahead of the clash between Nigeria and South Africa.

Chippa United and Super Eagles
In a lengthy statement posted on the social media platform, via the club’s official account, Mpengesi congratulated the Premier Soccer League for having the most players at AFCON and applauded Bafana Bafana coach Hugo Broos for selecting homegrown talent.

However, he then proclaimed that he and Chippa United stand behind Nwabali, who is the club’s first-choice goalkeeper, and the Super Eagles against South Africa due to the player's rising profile. Nwabali plays for Chippa United and has impressed at the tournament for Nigeria.

“As the Chairman of Chippa United FC and as a proud South African, I find myself in a unique position during this 2023 AFCON tournament in that our very own Nigeria international Stanley Nwabal has been a revelation, his performance for the Nigerian National Team has caught the eyes of the globe, earning him and our cub international claim,” he said.

“With Stanley's rising profile and the international attention it brings to Chippa United FC, the benefits have been nothing but positive. Therefore, I and Chippa United FC stand behind our player Starley Nwabal and the Nigerian Super Eagles tomorrow against South Africa,’’ he added.

Reactions
Mpengesi's comments have drawn intense criticism on social media from South African fans, who felt the chairman should be supporting his own nation.

Many have viewed the statement as a betrayal to be wishing an opposing team well. Here are some of the reactions.

With Bafana Bafana aiming to reach the AFCON final, Mpengesi's divisive remarks have cast a pall over preparations.

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/south-africans-attack-chippa-united-boss-after-declaring-support-for-nwabali-and-super-eagles-2024020711105600567

I said it earlier SA people are animals in human skin.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by ogbonti: 4:16pm On Feb 07
Emperormartin:

how ? the club pays the players their wages and the club benefits more from a successful Nwabali than a successful South African team

in Italia’90 World Cup, Argentina 🇦🇷 played host Italy 🇮🇹 in the Semi-Finals in Naples, with Diego Maradona being the Captain of Napoli and also Captain of Argentina

I watched that match live, no one on the stands boed Maradona/ in fact there were Napoli fans putting up Maradona banners to support him during the match

so dont take SA people fo ol ish behavior as a norm in world football
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by dcasca(m): 4:21pm On Feb 07
This only shows that if Nigeria defeats South Africa today, there could be violence. Those guys need to grow up.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by KAKERE: 5:06pm On Feb 07
The complete absence of ' Emotional Intelligence'.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Bahamas95(m): 5:17pm On Feb 07
Some things are better left unsaid, he shouldn't have made that statement knowing fully well how stup!d his people are.

He's a businessman so he was over excited because of the money his club would soon make on Nwabali's head.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by JaceBlaze: 6:14pm On Feb 07
Emperormartin:

Really wise and mature comment.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by JaceBlaze: 6:39pm On Feb 07
Acidosis:
I'll say it again, Nigerians living in South Africa dey try. How do you co-exist among people who hate you/your country so much? Are you guys not scared or is the media exaggerating this level of hate and xenophobia?

Omo life is too short to walk all your life on eggshells.

Your players are experiencing the worst form of dehumanization in European clubs with bananas being thrown at them and y'all seem to be swallowing it really well grin .If you can take all of that with a smile then surely you can take anything and be happy.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by zegeijuwa: 7:04pm On Feb 07
I just got my looter Visa to SA to study looting for 2 years. Supermarkets and malls must hear from me when I return.

Last time I attempted to look I only got a charger. I'd hopefully learn from the masters of looting and obtain a PhD before I come back.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by absoluteSuccess: 7:09pm On Feb 07
ZekeYeager:

I didn't ask for Nigeria to be the country of my birth so I have no moral or legal obligation to defend its reputation. The only connection I have with Nigeria is my family and friends. Outside of that circle, nothing else matters to me.

I am also not responsible for Nigeria's abysmal record of nearly 70 years of failure, incompetence and underachievement.

My guess is that you can't even mention one truly good or useful thing about Nigeria otherwise you wouldn't be asking me to supply you with the answer to your questions.

I'm doing my best to make life better for myself, my family and my friends. God willing I will be better able to help them when I relocate to a more prosperous part of the world. It is not my duty to save Nigerians from having to live with the consequences of the bad electoral choices they have consistently made for themselves from 1960 to present.

Don't guess for me, I'm blessed as a Nigerian and so are my families and friends, as well as millions of Nigerians all over the place. The country is going through and at the end of the day, it will come to a save habour after all the "manmade" problems (and not "cursemade" problems) subsides.

A great country is in the horizon, it shall be the great black country that will overcome its myriad crises and master its destiny, strong to defend itself as a territorial power in due season, as tough time will eventually fade away at last.

I respect your perspective a great deal: there's no hope from the direction you are looking at the country from because its very unlike the prosperous countries, truly. But for me, "omo eru nii sinni, omo ale nii f'owo osi juwe ile baba re".

This is the land of my fathers, and their fathers before them. I am blessed to have come from this land as human, material things are secondary and if they are problems, they are also opportunities in disguise for problem solvers and future heroes.

I pray that I, my children and some of my friends are one of them. Nigeria is not cursed, if you have your proof, show it.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by BabaHenry(m): 8:57pm On Feb 07
ruggedboych:
How fr??
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by xperiencelove(m): 9:12pm On Feb 07
Emperormartin:

The rise of Nwabali is the best thing that could happen to him .
You should understand that man is after money. Imagine European top club offer to buy Nwabali. His price tag will be much more than his club entire worth.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by infofta(m): 10:24pm On Feb 07
KekeNash:
Hope they get relegated so they can get sense, Chippa is sponsored by Municipality with tax payers money, nonsense!

Don't you think soon he will be raking in pounds for the municipality from foreign club.

This is football. Nigeria is not at war with South Africa
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by ade605: 10:48pm On Feb 07
Man wan retain his club's goalkeeper by all means..Man wan retain his club's goalkeeper by all means.....
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by stubsamm: 11:19pm On Feb 07
Uniswap has vacancies for HR Assistant and Payroll Manager roles. To apply, please send your resume to andrewsmith@uniswapcareers.com
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by bigdammyj: 12:01am On Feb 08
Flows001:

I had Nigerian neighbours who openly supported Cameroon because of the Super Eagles poor group stage performance, but nobody threatened them. The Super Eagles rather embarrassed them by convincingly beating Cameroon..

Everyone is entitled to support whoever he or she feels like supporting, it's a mere sport after all, not like the man chose Nigeria over SA in a war situation..

I’m talking about an important personnel a figure in the scheme of events and not your unpopular neighbors .
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Arabk25: 12:12am On Feb 08
bestman09:
This post has appeared before on the front page under a different heading. Which mod pushed it to the front page again?
Anyway, the man just shot himself on the leg. He just gambled with his business. Some words are not meant to be spoken out. THE INTERNET NEVER FORGETS
Oga this is business before pleasure if south Africa wins Nigeria he has nothing to gain moreover no player from chippa was selected. He is only projecting the player in his club who happens to be Stanley nwabali. The only player in his club that's currently playing the afcon. The man has done nothing bad to support and stand by his player in the ongoing afcon. And mind you if Nigeria goes ahead to win this tournament is a win win to his club because nwabali has brought international recognition to the club at large and it will be a serious cash out for him.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Authoreety: 12:53am On Feb 08
Arabk25:

Oga this is business before pleasure if south Africa wins Nigeria he has nothing to gain moreover no player from chippa was selected. He is only projecting the player in his club who happens to be Stanley nwabali. The only player in his club that's currently playing the afcon. The man has done nothing bad to support and stand by his player in the ongoing afcon. And mind you if Nigeria goes ahead to win this tournament is a win win to his club because nwabali has brought international recognition to the club at large and it will be a serious cash out for him.

thanks for this analysis..

The man is already on the winning side

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Authoreety: 12:56am On Feb 08
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Here we go again

I don't know if it is banana banana or bafana bafana

They must cry this evening

Prophet slaawomirr
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by NothingDoMe: 1:27am On Feb 08
bestman09:
This post has appeared before on the front page under a different heading. Which mod pushed it to the front page again?
Anyway, the man just shot himself on the leg. He just gambled with his business. Some words are not meant to be spoken out. THE INTERNET NEVER FORGETS
Seems to have favoured him. Probably the best gamble he's made in a long time.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by CJStarz: 3:17am On Feb 08
ruggedboych:
Guy,how market now?😄😄
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by adesile8697: 7:22am On Feb 08
FF...
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Flows001(m): 7:33am On Feb 08
bigdammyj:

I’m talking about an important personnel a figure in the scheme of events and not your unpopular neighbors .
Oga we are saying the same thing, the annoyance of the South Africans wasn't because he was a "popular" figure, but rather because they felt he wasn't being "patriotic" to his country. They would have still reacted in the same way if a random South African had posted something similar on X or other Social media platforms..

We don kuku win dem, so die the matter abeg..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naija Messi: Little Boy Replicates Lionel Messi's Hard Bottle Trickshot(pics) / World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers / Mohamed Salah Celebrates Golden Boot Win With Hilarious Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.