Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali (47960 Views)

Super Eagles Keeper Nwabili Returns Back To His South Africa Club Chippa United / Nwabali: Our Support For You Remains Steadfast - Chippa United Back Super Eagles / Transfer: South African Club, Chippa United Demand €2 Million For Nwabali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by zinaunreal(m): 2:10pm On Feb 07
ruggedboych:
Nigerians should shut and stop making controversies over nothing, South Africa are ahead of Nigeria in every aspect until we kill corruption… is like I will support them to kill eagle chickens once and for all😁😁😄

I'm not suprised at your ancient stone brains. Always one washed up Nigerian with indomie brain will always open his big bashed mouth to feel relevant.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by ZaddyJ: 2:12pm On Feb 07
bestman09:
This post has appeared before on the front page under a different 53 try heading. Which mod pushed it to the front page again?
Anyway, the man just shot himself on the leg. He just gambled with his business. Some words are not meant to be spoken out. THE INTERNET NEVER FORGETS
What If his account was hacked or doctored grin
Like how our polithiefcians always blame it on hackers grin
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by zinaunreal(m): 2:12pm On Feb 07
RickyJesus:

This has nothing to do with illiteracy, the man was idiotic to show support for Nigeria just because your goal keeper is from there, that's just plain stupid.

So you're not idiotic for this statement? Look at the mirror and see a bigger one
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by REGINALD001(m): 2:12pm On Feb 07
robosky02:
South Africans attack Chippa United boss after declaring support for Nwabali & Super Eagles

Chippa United chairman released a statement to disclose the club's support for their goalkeeper Stanley Nwabali and the Nigeria Super Eagles.
Chippa United chairman Siviwe Mpengasi has sparked outrage in South Africa after he declared his support for club star Stanley Nwabali.

Pulse Sports Nigeria can report that the Chippa United boss released an official statement to reveal the club’s position ahead of the clash between Nigeria and South Africa.

Chippa United and Super Eagles
In a lengthy statement posted on the social media platform, via the club’s official account, Mpengesi congratulated the Premier Soccer League for having the most players at AFCON and applauded Bafana Bafana coach Hugo Broos for selecting homegrown talent.

However, he then proclaimed that he and Chippa United stand behind Nwabali, who is the club’s first-choice goalkeeper, and the Super Eagles against South Africa due to the player's rising profile. Nwabali plays for Chippa United and has impressed at the tournament for Nigeria.

“As the Chairman of Chippa United FC and as a proud South African, I find myself in a unique position during this 2023 AFCON tournament in that our very own Nigeria international Stanley Nwabal has been a revelation, his performance for the Nigerian National Team has caught the eyes of the globe, earning him and our cub international claim,” he said.

“With Stanley's rising profile and the international attention it brings to Chippa United FC, the benefits have been nothing but positive. Therefore, I and Chippa United FC stand behind our player Starley Nwabal and the Nigerian Super Eagles tomorrow against South Africa,’’ he added.

Reactions
Mpengesi's comments have drawn intense criticism on social media from South African fans, who felt the chairman should be supporting his own nation.

Many have viewed the statement as a betrayal to be wishing an opposing team well. Here are some of the reactions.

With Bafana Bafana aiming to reach the AFCON final, Mpengesi's divisive remarks have cast a pall over preparations.

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/south-africans-attack-chippa-united-boss-after-declaring-support-for-nwabali-and-super-eagles-2024020711105600567

ONYE ERIRI ERI

WHY SHOULD YOU PLACE YOUR CLUB FIRST BEFORE YOUR NATION.......I TRUST S.A FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION, HE WILL BE SANCTIONED ONCE THEY LOSE, AND I FEAR FOR THE SADETY OF OUR NWABALI WHEN HE RETURNS BACK TO BASE.

IF YOU ARE IN U.K (SCUNTHORPE in LINCOLNSHIRE) LOOKING FOR A FRIEND TO ALWAYS RELAX WITH .....DM ME, E GET WHY.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by femicyrus(m): 2:13pm On Feb 07
They will vent all their anger on this man if they lose since they can't desend on Nigerians after the letter from the high commission
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Promax4321: 2:14pm On Feb 07
This open hype of Nwabali may be a call for exposing our keeper's weakness to his country, understand international politics to ur own good.

We must inform our keeper of this development to shame south African and their fans
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by chysam: 2:22pm On Feb 07
Fork dey hungry me
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Malawian(m): 2:24pm On Feb 07
If Nigeria beat South Africa, shey this Nwabali no go look for another country so?

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by efficiencie(m): 2:27pm On Feb 07
Emperormartin:
As a Nigerian I will have to admit the Coach is wrong here.

He's placing Club commitment first to his nation's committee.

In football world, it's your country first then all other things follows

If the country puts you first, right? If you live in a country that puts you last or tries to kill you will you put that country first?

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by ThunderFireAgba: 2:30pm On Feb 07
ruggedboych:
Nigerians should shut and stop making controversies over nothing, South Africa are ahead of Nigeria in every aspect until we kill corruption… is like I will support them to kill eagle chickens once and for all😁😁😄
5 South African foo.ols like your comment.
MzansiCoolio
JaceBlaze
TMKsouth
IronGalaxy
WannaHowzit, acknowledging their fellow animal post.

3 Likes

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Salowise: 2:36pm On Feb 07
AOB1:
He have right to support whoever he wants, South Africa citizens are not mature at all
He's not patriotic, much as i want my country Nigeria to win, it'll be right if he supports his country though he's supporting Nigeria because of his own interest.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Jayhome24: 2:37pm On Feb 07
But does all these noise necessary?
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by obaidan: 2:39pm On Feb 07
I hope Nwabali has evacuated his family from his house. South Africans are barbaric. They are animals. Nigerians living in South Africa are practically walking on egg shells.....I will advice them to be smart and very careful in this period.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by esemes256: 2:39pm On Feb 07
Business over national interest. If Nwabali shines more, his market price will go up. The club chippa utd will benefit. I like people who always see the business side of things. Chippa utd will benefit more if Nwabali continues to shine but will benefit little with South Africa win.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by CAPTIVATOR: 2:44pm On Feb 07
robosky02:
South Africans attack Chippa United boss after declaring support for Nwabali & Super Eagles

Chippa United chairman released a statement to disclose the club's support for their goalkeeper Stanley Nwabali and the Nigeria Super Eagles.
Chippa United chairman Siviwe Mpengasi has sparked outrage in South Africa after he declared his support for club star Stanley Nwabali.

Pulse Sports Nigeria can report that the Chippa United boss released an official statement to reveal the club’s position ahead of the clash between Nigeria and South Africa.

In a lengthy statement posted on the social media platform, via the club’s official account, Mpengesi congratulated the Premier Soccer League for having the most players at AFCON and applauded Bafana Bafana coach Hugo Broos for selecting homegrown talent.

However, he then proclaimed that he and Chippa United stand behind Nwabali, who is the club’s first-choice goalkeeper, and the Super Eagles against South Africa due to the player's rising profile. Nwabali plays for Chippa United and has impressed at the tournament for Nigeria.

“As the Chairman of Chippa United FC and as a proud South African, I find myself in a unique position during this 2023 AFCON tournament in that our very own Nigeria international Stanley Nwabal has been a revelation, his performance for the Nigerian National Team has caught the eyes of the globe, earning him and our cub international claim,” he said.

“With Stanley's rising profile and the international attention it brings to Chippa United FC, the benefits have been nothing but positive. Therefore, I and Chippa United FC stand behind our player Starley Nwabal and the Nigerian Super Eagles tomorrow against South Africa,’’ he added.

Reactions
Mpengesi's comments have drawn intense criticism on social media from South African fans, who felt the chairman should be supporting his own nation.

Many have viewed the statement as a betrayal to be wishing an opposing team well. Here are some of the reactions.

With Bafana Bafana aiming to reach the AFCON final, Mpengesi's divisive remarks have cast a pall over preparations.

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/south-africans-attack-chippa-united-boss-after-declaring-support-for-nwabali-and-super-eagles-2024020711105600567

The PR team didn't word the message well

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by CAPTIVATOR: 2:45pm On Feb 07
esemes256:
Business over national interest. If Nwabali shines more, his market price will go up. The club chippa utd will benefit. I like people who always see the business side of things. Chippa utd will benefit more if Nwabali continues to shine but will benefit little with South Africa win.

True

But there is a way to weave words so as not to cause commotion, I think the public relations team should have known better

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Adrian9(m): 2:46pm On Feb 07
CraigslistAD:
grin

It's all business.

His club is about to make an amount no player has ever made for the club and it can only get better if Nwabili continues to impress at the Afcon.

Imagine buying a player 4mil and in less than a year he's worth over 30mil.
I'm sure Naabili won't be at Chippa much longer.

Over happiness wan kee the man
You get sense! I was waiting for this kind of comment.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by themanderon: 2:50pm On Feb 07
Let us not be too overconfident about this match. Let's keep our eyes on the ball. Football is sometimes about who wants it most rather than who has more quality.
The South Africans would want to show they are no push over and getting this far is no fluke. They eliminated Morroco remember? Even though Morocco was more better technically on paper.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Sleekfingers: 2:53pm On Feb 07
Pipefitter:

Yes oo.. it was an act of desperation, because he knows bigger clubs will make love for the guy, so it's an indirect blackmail

Exactly....

After the expiration of his contract, my advice to the keeper is to move to another club.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Goddyrichie(m): 2:54pm On Feb 07
robosky02:

Reactions

black people things we always b different in everything Switzerland and UK play football nothing like this happen but when it comes to African na so so treat I regret being a black e Dey pain me and we Nigerians that carry this matter 4 head like gala what of we that kill ourselves here like goat because of tribe religion what did we say about it

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by JealousCobra(m): 2:54pm On Feb 07
KekeNash:

that time we hosted almost everything wink

Has SA hosted the Olympics?

I used to be an admirer of South African women but lately am really scared. (Xenophobia)

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Salubata(m): 2:59pm On Feb 07
Seun nlfpmod mukina2 mynd44

This kind of comment shouldn't be allowed on fp
It's the Country this kind of person is mocking not the President
UcheKingsley1:
Nwabali for president.
Tinubu for ambassador of Balu ba baba blue grin

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by ifinger: 2:59pm On Feb 07
bestman09:
This post has appeared before on the front page under a different heading. Which mod pushed it to the front page again?
Anyway, the man just shot himself on the leg. He just gambled with his business. Some words are not meant to be spoken out. THE INTERNET NEVER FORGETS

Wi u Kip kwayet
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by DadaStephen1(m): 3:00pm On Feb 07
[s][/s]
ruggedboych:

That’s how you people behave. You’re the ones responsible for those uncivilised wild animals insulting every Nigerian because of the stinky things you people spew out from your rotten maggot infested brains.
Is South Africa corrupt free?
Is any country in the world perfect?

How many South Africans come out to talk down on their country on social media?

You guys will look for cheap ways to leave Nigeria, you will head to South Africa and other African countries and misbehave, then still have the boldness to insult and denigrate Nigeria and Nigerians online for those guys to have what to say.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by DeepSight(m): 3:21pm On Feb 07
ruggedboych:

They can never, not in a zillion lifetimes, have the breath and depth of the Nigerian diaspora.
Neither can they equal Nigeria in global intellectual input.

Needless to say, they have always been our wives in terms of football. The kind of wife you don't make love to, but the kind you rape because she is too noisy.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Rumundele(m): 3:23pm On Feb 07
If they kill any Nigeria all south African business in Nigeria will be shutdown indefinitely
I will comment again after the match
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by UcheKingsley1: 3:27pm On Feb 07
Salubata:
Seun nlfpmod mukina2 mynd44

This kind of comment shouldn't be allowed on fp
It's the Country this kind of person is mocking not the President

Fvck the president Bruh grin

Less I forget, Fvck u grin
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Diligence: 3:31pm On Feb 07
Bigger Picture: Business over patriotism! Chai! Chippa is being strategic here. So deliberate. Well timed. Tactical Publicity.
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by obayendo1010(m): 3:31pm On Feb 07
The chairman self nor good, Nigeria would do same if is us..
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by Faposky95: 3:38pm On Feb 07
Emperormartin:
As a Nigerian I will have to admit the Coach is wrong here.

He's placing Club commitment first to his nation's committee.

In football world, it's your country first then all other things follows

Ehnn, ehhn
No be juju say you receive #20M paid into it account...as you reach house you receive dispatch with visa to Europe ...on top of all the girl you dey admire for FB send you text say she dey miss you.....
All of a sudden, you say you no go, you return the money to bank and las Las you send the gal text say you be born again....?
No be village people ....?!
Re: South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali by thatigboman: 3:38pm On Feb 07
The news should say Black South Africans. There is no single white man in the South African team.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Luis Suarez Slams Barcelona Teammates After Defeat To Liverpool In The Champions / Best FIFA Awards: Ronaldo Shades Barcelona And Messi (Video) / Sunday Oliseh Strikes Pose With His Boys After Today's Training Session In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.