Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match (24445 Views)

Kebbi Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Football At Orientation Camp / Male Corper Slumps And Dies In Lagos (Photos) / 29-Year-Old Corper Slumps, Dies While Playing Basketball (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 9:22am On Feb 08
A Member of the National Youths Service Corps, NYSC, slumped and died during the penalty shootout stage of the match between Nigeria and South Africa, Wednesday evening.

DAILY POST gathered that the youth, identified simply as Samuel from Kaduna State, who was serving in Adamawa, died just before the last kick that ensured Nigeria’s progress to the final of the African Cup of Nations.

A witness said in a social media post, “We lost one Nigerian during our victory celebration over South Africa today at our sports viewing center here in Numan.

“The corps member who is serving in Numan from Kaduna fainted before the kick of the winning goal. He died before they could reach the hospital. May his soul rest in peace.”

The NYSC Coordinator in Adamawa State, Mr. Jingi Dennis, confirmed the matter in a telephone conversation Thursday morning.

The coordinator said, ”I received the news of his death last night. I hope to have more details today.

“According to his colleagues who went with him to watch the match, the late corps member told them that he didn’t like watching penalty shootout. He then bowed his head and all of a sudden, he collapsed.

”He was confirmed dead at the General Hospital in Numan by the doctor.”

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/08/nysc-member-slumps-dies-while-watching-nigeria-south-africa-match/

6 Likes

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 9:22am On Feb 08
What Can Lead To This NYSC Member Death?

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by Odin13: 9:26am On Feb 08
Tension..extreme anxiety..

Super Eagles must dedicate that cup to the Corp member..

Rest on

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by God1000(m): 9:29am On Feb 08
This is sad.

Even me myself went through serious anxiety yesterday, may his soul rest in peace

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by libertyfather(m): 9:30am On Feb 08
he should hv stay back, if only he knows....so sad

21 Likes

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by JASONjnr(m): 9:31am On Feb 08
May his sole rest perfectly.....

He died supporting the eagles.....

21 Likes

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by SETHARTHUR(m): 9:44am On Feb 08
Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by ekelebeXstunner: 9:46am On Feb 08
I don’t believe the story. Nigerian journalists pen stories out of boredom. This guy is exercising his craft.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by Cassandraloius: 9:47am On Feb 08
Such a terrible news.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by chukskafor(m): 9:54am On Feb 08
E be things
Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by muyico(m): 10:04am On Feb 08
again?
Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by Matrix137(m): 10:05am On Feb 08
What the hell is going on

This is the third time I'm seeing similar news. One is even on front page as i speak

4 Likes

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by muyico(m): 10:05am On Feb 08
maybe they shouldn't allow us to watch final, there is tension in d land
Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by Omihanifa: 10:46am On Feb 08
The match that killeth

4 Likes

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by robinso01(m): 11:53am On Feb 08
What a pity ,may his soul rest in peace .
A lot walking dead these days . In whatever you do ,just avoid fighting anyone

11 Likes

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by Creamypie(m): 1:16pm On Feb 08
Iheanacho suppose greet his family

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by UptownVibes(m): 1:22pm On Feb 08
I hope baba no go stake SA to qualify o..

Rip to the dead..
Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by richiemcgold: 1:41pm On Feb 08

Na wa o. Me sef make I just say na luck I get yesterday.

The way my heart they do me during that match, e be like say e wan fail. I never felt like that before in my life. My heart come dey beat so fast and loud. E dey do like ji-gbi-ji-gbi, gbi-gbi-gbi! I no fit stand, I no fit siddon; I was seriously on edge throughout the penalty shootout. Yet I no wan commot my eyes for TV. I can't believe say I still get passion for Nigeria like dis o. The thing surprise me.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by Mayhem1: 2:06pm On Feb 08
UptownVibes:
I hope baba no go stake SA to qualify o..

Rip to the dead..
Nah, he probably died from high bp during that penalty shootout

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by geoworldedu: 2:33pm On Feb 08
I think the health of people in Nigeria have really deteriorated due to hardship. Even in the old days when many people are more patriotic and are 100% fans of the national team, many don't slump and die like this. In those days when we have Okocha, Kanu, Amokachi, Ikpeba, Yekinni, etc, you will think we can never lose a match and the rule then was golden rule, yet many Nigerians don't collapse and die of heart attack. Why now when people don't even trust SE as such?
I think many people are challenged healthwise and mentally these days due to the unforeseen crises we are all facing.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by UptownVibes(m): 2:33pm On Feb 08
Mayhem1:
Nah, he probably died from high bp during that penalty shootout
Too bad
Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by eepeepook: 2:34pm On Feb 08
Nairaland spreading fake news.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by gasparpisciotta: 2:34pm On Feb 08
Nigeria’s victory has claimed some lives unexpectedly.

This goes to show that the state of health or well being of many Nigerians are delicate.

That is the reason why I advise people to manage their temperament in whatever situation they find themselves.

As for me, I don’t pay much attention to football matches. Win or lose, I move!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by DAVIDELUXED: 2:35pm On Feb 08
this slump and die is now trending but God will cancel us from the trend.Amen

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by Dougad: 2:36pm On Feb 08
Omo my eye be don dey almost red during the short break before the shootout oo but I no really understand how people heart go dey overbeat for football match unless there be get pre existing heart condition wey there be no know

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by arantess: 2:36pm On Feb 08
....and when he opens his eyes in Elysium, he'll ask the angel "did he score"?, "did Nigeria win"?

6 Likes

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by Dougad: 2:38pm On Feb 08
eepeepook:
Nairaland spreading fake news.

It's in punch news

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by faceland: 2:39pm On Feb 08
Just too sad.

Why he put all his mind in the game?

RIP
Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by Equity15(m): 2:40pm On Feb 08
People still love naija
Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by Dozzywest(m): 2:41pm On Feb 08
This is why it's important to drink beer or any alcohol why watching that kind of football. Feel relaxed and enjoy the moment.

3 Likes

Re: Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match by mukthar2000(m): 2:42pm On Feb 08
I dey imagine how many numbers of die on final March day.

Rest on brother.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NYSC Camps Reopen On 10 November / Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms / Late Kaduna Female Corper's Candle Lighting, Set For Burial (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.