Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,492 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) (4806 Views)

Fayose Insults Sheikh Muhydeen Ajani-Bello, Islamic Cleric / Ijaw Youth Council Plans One-million-man March Against Buhari / Northern Leaders Stole More Than Diezani, Alamieyeseigha – Ijaw Youth Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by manchy7531: 4:38pm On Nov 09, 2011
National Youth Council President Ajani Wale, is being detained at the SSS office in Abuja, His offence? He called on the youths to go on hunger strike to protest against bad leadership,

I hope GEJ is not just playing with fire cos this might be the opportunity we are waiting for.
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by manchy7531: 4:40pm On Nov 09, 2011
Nigerian youths what are you waiting for? The opportunity is here to make history. A young man in Tunisia set fire on himself in public the result became a revolution that sacked the president. Now that the useless SSS that couldn't tackle Boko Haram is flexing its weak muscles on one of you, What are you waiting for before you do the things your mates in Egypt, Tunisia, Syria etc did and are doing?

it is time we started our revolution.
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by kokoA(m): 4:43pm On Nov 09, 2011
Start from Huston texas where you live nau undecided undecided We'd join you grin
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by manchy7531: 4:48pm On Nov 09, 2011
^^^^^^

I Shuffle Texas and Nigeria most of the time.but right now am home.we can do this before i go back in two months time
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 09, 2011
http://omojuwa.com/?p=1785

JONATHAN’s SSS CONFIRMS ARREST OF WALE AJANI NIGERIAN YOUTH LEADER
Posted On Wednesday, November 9, 2011 By Japh. Under ARTICLES

The Nigerian State Security Service SSS obviously acting on the orders of the President Goodluck Jonathan (now known for his ability to orchestrate evil things like illegal arrests and illegal removal of Justices) has detained the National Youth Council President Wale Ajani in a bid to stop Friday’s planned Abuja protest at Unity Fountain in Abuja on 11-11-11 from 9am and hunger strike. A source with him @ SSS office says he’s been held and questioned for hours now. Wale Ajani only last Sunday descriibed the removal of oil subsidy as “EVIL.”

This is another statement of intent by the Jonathan administration to remove any slight form of opposition in its bid to make the next coming days and years the worst in Nigerian’s history. This is a reminder that we are back to the days of unlawful arrests and obviously this long ceased to be a democracy because this is not about the people. Any government that is not for the people is against the people. More arrests are on the way from the look of things. The SSS has confirmed the arrest… I’ll keep you posted.

@omojuwa

if this is true our snale is already showing his colours

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-797397.0.html
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by Beaf: 5:57pm On Nov 09, 2011
People just want to be used as tools. Hunger strike my foot.
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2011
^^^^^
i think you mean march against corruption my arse
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by Bornagain190: 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2011
When did a simple protest become a threat?
Beaf:

@beaf, maybe we can start this ur march against corruption on friday. Am in.
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by Bornagain190: 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2011
@mods, i think this should make frontpage.
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by aljharem3: 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2011
manchy7531:

Nigerian youths what are you waiting for? The opportunity is here to make history. A young man in Tunisia set fire on himself in public the result became a revolution that sacked the president. Now that the useless SSS that couldn't tackle Boko Haram is flexing its weak muscles on one of you, What are you waiting for before you do the things your mates in Egypt, Tunisia, Syria etc did and are doing?

it is time we started our revolution.

gbamm supported
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by Johndoe100(m): 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2011
What the small boy did / is doing is calling for insurrection. He should be jailed and flogged everyday. Bloody Imp
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by Gbawe: 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2011
They are jittery of Nigeria going the way of Egypt,Tunisia and Libya.
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by OmoLisabi(m): 7:04pm On Nov 09, 2011
Johndoe100:

What the small boy did / is doing is calling for insurrection. He should be jailed and flogged everyday. Bloody Imp
You hate the truth
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by Rhino5dm: 7:17pm On Nov 09, 2011
That was the two faced jackal in action. Dont mind the poor soul, nothing can save him.

oyb:

^^^^^
i think you mean march against corruption my arse
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by dayokanu(m): 7:21pm On Nov 09, 2011
Beaf:

Egbon mi? Didnt you call for a march against corruption recently?
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by nastydamus(m): 8:00pm On Nov 09, 2011
dayokanu:

Don't mind Beaf. As someone said, his account might have been hacked to create the 'march against corruption' thread.
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by Beaf: 8:10pm On Nov 09, 2011
^
You people and your silly posts!
The boy said never claimed he wanted to protest against corruption, did he?

Rather, his goal was to go on hunger strike against the govt for no clear-cut reason, best for him to carry out such a strike with the kind permission of the SSS.

He will be released quite quickly I'm sure, but I hope he would have learnt that you do not force yourself against the peoples mandate. Boko haram is more than enough distraction; no one needs fools adding themselves to that equation.
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by Godmann(m): 8:37pm On Nov 09, 2011
[size=20pt]Gentlemen and Ladies,

We must not allow paid criminal agents like Beaf and PointB to distract us.

We must fight for this nation or we all perish.

Who can give me the Wale's Details? We need to support him. We need to join hands together to build this country.

The CRIMINALS IN POWER MUST BE STOPPED.
[/size]
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by aljharem3: 8:46pm On Nov 09, 2011
Godman_n:

[size=20pt]Gentlemen and Ladies,

We must not allow paid criminal agents like Beaf and PointB to distract us.

We must fight for this nation or we all perish.

Who can give me the Wale's Details? We need to support him. We need to join hands together to build this country.

The CRIMINALS IN POWER MUST BE STOPPED.
[/size]

WELL SAID supported

Yes Beaf is a paid agent and DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE ORDINARY MAN

while Point B Is not paid, he is just playing tribalistic politics that just needs to be ignored. aka trying to do the SE SS crap he is crying around the internet.
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by egift(m): 10:58pm On Nov 09, 2011
dayokanu:

My people, if Beaf ask you to follow him to March against corruption on GEJ led administration, here is what will happen:
1. He will collect allocation from "govt" for the march.
2. Invite you all for the march.
3. Lead you guys to surrender to the Police for thorough humiliation (dose of Fresh air).
4. You all will be separated into two groups - Pros and Anti - Corruption.
5. Police will detain the "Anti" corruption and tag you all Boko Harams
6. While the "Pro" Corruption will continue the march as a solidarity march "Nigerian Youths For Jonathan".
7. The footage will be all over the media, while Beaf and other militants will have a sit out with Oga Presido on NTA with a cup of Tea.
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by Donmeca(m): 8:57am On Nov 10, 2011
Fuel subsidy removal: Youths mobilise for hunger strike, demonstration

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/31026-fuel-subsidy-removal-youths-mobilise-for-hunger-strike-demonstration

Nigerian youths have advised President Goodluck Jonathan to tread softly on the plan to increase the pomp price of fuel in Nigeria by means of subsidy removal on petroleum product, stating that the action could set Nigeria ablaze.

The youth under the aegis of National Youths Council of Nigeria advised the government not to set a rigid date for its plan to remove the subsidy, but should rather weigh available options as a compelling alternative.

Vowing to resist the plan by the government, the youth said the government should start taking positive steps towards fighting corruption among public officials both at the federal and state levels, stressing that the amount being looted on a daily basis by these officials were sufficient enough to cushion the subsidy.

Already, the youth have started mobilising for  hunger strike which is to hold on November 11, this year  at Unity Fountain besides Transcorp Hilton, Abuja even as they have opened points of contact on Facebook and Twitter to that effect.

They noted that fuel subsidy removal without curbing the rapacious and corrupt instincts of some of  government officials, including ministers, heads of parastatals, state governors and local government chairmen would yield no positive results.

In a statement signed by the association’s National President, Olawale Ajani and made available to the Nigerian Tribune, the youth said they had scheduled a hunger strike to dissuade the government from proceeding on its action, following which they would mobilise across Nigeria to protest the fuel subsidy removal.

The statement read, “given the accounts by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) and the Code of Conduct Bureau, government officials no longer pay attention to accountability, while they freely engage in  looting, running into billions at the expense of innocent, hardworking and ever hopeful Nigerians.

“From the accounts by the EFCC, ICPC and others, ex-governors, ministers and heads of government agencies are billionaires without any known tangible personal businesses.”

The Youths asked President Jonathan to be wary of advise from his aides meant to force hardship on Nigerians through the planned subsidy removal even contrary to the initial promises he made to Nigerians on giving the citizens good lease of life.

“Our dear President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR had earlier promised, “As a democracy, we are constantly reminded that we serve the people only at their pleasure. Thus, when the people feel strongly about an issue, we have had to thread the path of caution and return to drawing board of consultation”

The statement by the youths read in part, “Why will government set an irrevocable terminal date of January 2012 for the total removal of this so-called fuel subsidy? Why must it happen next year? Why can’t they put the necessary infrastructures in place; modern day refineries that can at least refine the fuel needed by Nigerians in before thinking of the removal of the subsidy?

“They said when they remove the subsidy they will set up committee of eminent Nigerians to manage it.

Why can’t they set up the committee now to manage the subsidy?“It is a common saying that problem known is half solved, unlike Nigeria situation with our rulers, Problem known is to be suffered by every Nigerians except them. They said subsidy goes to the hand of few cabals, they can not mention the names of these cabal, if any. Rather the Government is so weak and ineffective to checkmate the ‘’cabals” so they want us to pay for it?

What is the reasonable justification behind the removal of fuel subsidy while there is excess crude account? Can the Government be trusted at all? Where is the Good governance they promised?

“Where is the adequate security for all that they promised? What have they practically done to fight corruption, what happen to the widely call for special court to handle economic and financial crimes? What have they done with the recovered loot from Abacha, Tafa Balogun and others.”

My problem is knowing who is who among Nigerian youths. . .we seem to have organisations that do not have known criteria for membership. Who are the members of Nigerian Youth Council? How do they hold conventions? To me these guys are just community mobilsers for politicians. I just wonder why the facebook page for 2moro's hunger strike has only one "like". . .maybe that of the creator. So did the NWC of NYC not meet to decide on d strike? Did they not agree on a means of mobilisation? Why are the members (who agreed on d match) reluctant in identifying with their cause? To me, if they all like d page, others will be motivated to join and d SSS will be at a loss as to how many guys to arrest in order to cripple d protest. We need to know who to follow b4 trouping out to be used for Boko Haram/police brutality experiment.
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by sinaoye(m): 9:20am On Nov 10, 2011
SSS detains Jonathan’s campaign officer Wale Ajani grin grin grin

The Nigerian State Security Service on Wednesday detained a youth organiser who was a fervent supporter of President Goodluck Jonathan during the last presidential election.

Wale Ajani, the Head of the National Youth Council of Nigeria, was arrested after he granted a press interview claiming that the government’s proposed plan to cut fuel subsidies was “evil.” He remains detained by the SSS after he honoured an invitation by the agency to discuss his involvement in a planned hunger strike by youth groups slated for November 11 2011, AFP reports.

Ajani was asked to report to the service police in the capital Abuja on Wednesday.

He was said to have shown up as planned at 11.30 am and still had not been released as of 7.00pm, said Olayemi Success, a programme officer with the organisation.

“We sent our lawyer there,” he said. “They told our lawyer that they are investigating him, that they have a report on him that the opposition is using him against the government.”

Success said, “Their calculation is if they arrest him, the Nigerian youth will back out from the protest, but they are very wrong.”

Ajani’s group had been planning a one-day protest and hunger strike for Friday over government plans to remove the subsidy.

The subsidy is designed in part to hold pump prices at N65 per litre.

Effort of the AFP to get a reaction from the SSS on Wednesday failed.

Seems he has changed his mind, me thinks he deserves what he gets. grin grin grin
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by brainpulse: 10:44am On Nov 10, 2011
A leopard can never change its spot. They come as gentle as a dove but strikes like a viper. GEJ you av started digging ur early grave. People will start compassionate solidarity support for the guy and once started, GEJ will av himself and all his evil advisers to be blamed. This is to point out that our presiweaked has no compassion and he is all out to satisfy his evil agenda.

He told us he had no shoe, but we didnt know he sold them to rigg the election
He told us he had no bag, but we didnt know he traded it for Ghana must go sack
He told us he worked to school, but we didnt know that he always branch at a beer parlour closed to his school where PDP demons trained him.
He is the Boko haram against the masses.

WHy on earth must a leader surffer his people insteadd of suffering for his people to enjoy. Wale has an now one additional supporter.
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by Challas(m): 10:46am On Nov 10, 2011
This is d first time am hearing of this guy's name besides,which Nigerian youths is he representing.I believe d FG or some mischievious politicians just want to use him to divert our attention from d current Boko Haram crisis.Where was he when ASUU went on several months strike?That would have been a very good opportunity to represent d real nigerian youths.As for d Hunger strike,O.Y.O-ON YOUR OWN my hand and my leg no dey there, If he's that concerned about d Plight of Nigerian Youths,he should set himself ablaze just like d Tunisian guy did, Am not going to stake my life for a non-entity.
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by brainpulse: 10:58am On Nov 10, 2011
Challas:

This is d first time am hearing of this guy's name besides,which Nigerian youths is he representing.I believe d FG or some mischievious politicians just want to use him to divert our attention from d current Boko Haram crisis.Where was he when ASUU went on several months strike?That would have been a very good opportunity to represent d real nigerian youths.As for d Hunger strike,O.Y.O-ON YOUR OWN my hand and my leg no dey there, If he's that concerned about d Plight of Nigerian Youths,he should set himself ablaze just like d Tunisian guy did, Am not going to stake my life for a non-entity.
JUDAS IS[b]carrot[/b]
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by redsun(m): 11:09am On Nov 10, 2011
I am surprise that you guys don't know that beaf use the march against corruption to distract attention from the kingpins(politicians)to the underdogs of corruption(the civil servants)

Although the civil servants are bad but the politicians are mass invaders of nigerian resources.
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by Gbenge77(m): 11:16am On Nov 10, 2011
Hope he is released soon.
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by texazzpete(m): 11:28am On Nov 10, 2011
From reports I've read, the Wale Ajani fellow was an extremely fervent supporter of GEJ during the election period. Obviously, the tool hasn't been well compensated for his efforts hence an attempt to remain relevant.

Am I supposed to have any pity for this fellow who incited and induced others to vote for this plague called PDP? Abeg let SSS flog him vigorously until he repents of his ways.

PS: Some prominent naija twitter commentators are calling his 'arrest' a staged, publicity seeking stunt. We'll see.
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 10, 2011
Ijogz K strolls in, "Heard that a youth council existed, Was like wow!!! Saw Beaf and other PDP lunatics, Ran out b4 i get infected. PDP is an infection, its a plague.
Re: Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) by BoOOosHBoy: 12:39pm On Nov 10, 2011
Stage stunt huh?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kalu Invests Massively In Eastern Nigeria / PDP National Chairman, Muazu Flees? / Six Things Nigerian Government Can Do To Quell Down Biafra Agitation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.