Stats: 3,151,713 members, 7,813,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? (12644 Views)

See What Football Legend, Ronaldinho Looks Like Now (photos) / Ruth Okafor: Referee Saves Player's Life During Football Match. Photos / Referee Kills Player In Malawi During A Football Match (2) (3) (4)

What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by ebubeson: 2:36pm On Feb 11
I have watched several tough matches that caused tension, but the one I can bring out is Chelsea VS Man united (Champions League Final) 2008

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by banjicom(m): 2:45pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:
I have watched several tough matches that caused tension, but the one I can bring out is Chelsea VS Man united (Champions League Final)

Do you mean man united or man city? Because the cup was won by chelsea in 2020/2021

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by ebubeson: 2:49pm On Feb 11
banjicom:

Do you mean man united or man city? Because the cup was won by chelsea in 2020/2021
The one under Cristiano Ronaldo. Chelsea lost.

39 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by oweniwe(m): 2:53pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:
I have watched several tough matches that caused tension, but the one I can bring out is Chelsea VS Man united (Champions League Final) 2008

Bayern vs Chelsea ucl final

Chelsea vs Barcelona orevbo angry

37 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by perfectsusanoo(m): 3:14pm On Feb 11
Germany spain 2010 world cup. Supported germany but puyol successfully made me dislike him during the match. God, i miss that german team.

Then naija ivory coast. That drogba offside goal eh. Forgot d year sha

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by christejames(m): 3:23pm On Feb 11
Man Utd recent poor run especially towards the twilight of Ole Gunner Solster's management undecided. The major one happened during the last edition of AFCON in Cameroon πŸ‡¨πŸ‡², after Nigeria's impressive run in the group stage only to be knocked out by Tunisia πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡³ like some 'showboaters'. shocked

Since then eh, I don't watch football with any emotional attachment again, I watch it for fun which is the way it's supposed to be...

If no be for banter eh! grin grin

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by HeadNigga: 3:23pm On Feb 11
No match gives me tension. If I support you and you win or get defeated it will change nothing in my life. Infact, I can even switch my support when the team I am supporting is losing. No be me una go give heart attack. I don't have any club that I support.

I want Nigeria to win tonight but if it doesn't happen I go still chop suya and malt sleep happily

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Umueme: 3:23pm On Feb 11
Olympics 1996

Nigeria vs Brazil
When Nigeria was losing 3 goals to 1.

And miraculously, we still won that match

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Haydens: 3:23pm On Feb 11

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by sacajawea: 3:23pm On Feb 11
2015, 2016
Champions League

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by mobileboy: 3:23pm On Feb 11
South Africa Vs Nigeria

The others ones even though there is tension I can afford not to care

Who ever loose loose for himself

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by JoshTim: 3:23pm On Feb 11
2006 uefa champions league final between liverpool and milan, 2022 world cup final between argentina and france

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by spy24(m): 3:23pm On Feb 11
Nigeria vs Ghana last world cup qualifier in Abuja

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by damosade(m): 3:23pm On Feb 11
Atlanta 96... with brazil

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by fergie001: 3:23pm On Feb 11
UCL final 2008 - Chelsea v. Man Utd

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Ramirezkhay(m): 3:24pm On Feb 11

NONE

Cos my mental health comes first!

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by haybhi1(m): 3:24pm On Feb 11
As a kid, Nigeria - Argentina final 2005: 1 - 2. I got so revved up and hated Messi here, lol.
Barca - Arsenal UCL final 2006: 2 - 1, the only I cried.
Barca - Chelsea SF 2008: 1 - 1, packed, lost hope, and then Iniesta reignited the fire.

Hard to pick between all three. Wonderful times.

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Rich4god(m): 3:24pm On Feb 11
As a Liverpool fan

Liverpool Vs AC Milan

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by richiemcgold: 3:24pm On Feb 11

2008 Champions League Final
Manchester United vs Chelsea

Italia '90 World Cup Final
West Germany vs Argentina

fleksy:

O'l boy, so we gat some oldies in here?

I can never forget how much I cried like a baby on that night of Italia 90 final. I wanted Argentina to win because of maradona. It was a very painful loss, maradona dey cry for tv, me too dey cry for our house, my mama come dey beg me. Chai! ...old memories

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Lyoncrescent: 3:24pm On Feb 11
Arsenal vs Barcelona UCL Final 2006

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by phr0nesis(m): 3:24pm On Feb 11
banjicom:

2008 UCL Final
Man U vs Chelsea
Match ended 1:1 and was eventually decided by a penalty shootout.

To answer your question.
I can't really pick any specific one, because there's a lot of them. E choke

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by achiever1991: 3:24pm On Feb 11
Nigeria vs South Africa 2024 AFCON

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Jessyjeff: 3:24pm On Feb 11
Nigeria against Italy, US 94 world cup.

Forza Roberto Baggio!!

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by simmydebadest(m): 3:24pm On Feb 11
Bayern Munich v5 Chelsea
2012 champions league final
I am a Chelsea fan, it was a one sided affair... Prime Bayern team be throwing everything at us like we looted their palliative

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by PROPEACE: 3:24pm On Feb 11
Barca Chelsea 2009 Champions league final.

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by GreaterFuture(m): 3:24pm On Feb 11
None from recent memory.

Come enjoy AFCON, other Football & sports games, and much much more.
Best streaming service to enjoy it, at an excellent affordable price:
Watch all sports, ⚽⚽ πŸ€ 🏈 🎾 πŸ€ΎπŸ½β€β™‚οΈ ⚽;
ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, on any Device
Stream from anywhere you are in the world πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡¨πŸ‡³πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡·πŸ‡²πŸ‡½... Anywhere at all
Watch Any Live event. Anytime, anywhere.

Over 13k channels, watch all the local and international TV station, every single one one in the world! Follow all African countries' stations.
Over 80k movies & 20k series (100k total)
This is especially good for Nigerians ( and other Africans) in the diaspora, an excellent service for y'all. As internet is very affordable there

WhatsApp/call/SMS Zero9045327063

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Goodlady(f): 3:24pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:
Tonight's own ll likely kill many.
It ll be better if you no watch am!
Hope Nigeria ll lose tonight so that people can come out in anger against bad governance. I can't imagine celebrating a football competition when the lives of many is in tatters due to poor economic decisions!
Make Ivory Coast win!

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Emma1Oj(m): 3:25pm On Feb 11
In 2006... Ac Milan bit Liverpool in champions League final. I went to work the following day I couldn't do anything, my body was shaking.

Since then I WATCH FOOTBALL WITH AN OPEN MIND.

THE BEST TEAM SHLD WIN.

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by chopnaira: 3:25pm On Feb 11
That semifinal with south Africa.
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by geedot: 3:25pm On Feb 11
Germany vs Argentina 2014, and that Gotze goal almost cut my fuse. Argentina style of play that year also didn't help, they were like Athletico Madrid. Defending and looking for counter attacks, against a german team that just devoured Brazil, 7-1 in the semis.

12 African Coaches Who Won AFCON / NFF Appoints Coaches For Home Eagles, Flying Eagles, Golden Eaglets / 5 Nigerians Drafted Into The National Basketball Association (Photos)