Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,953 members, 7,835,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? (12749 Views)

Football Player Shoes: What Football Boots Do The Best Players Wear? / See What Football Legend, Ronaldinho Looks Like Now (photos) / See What Football Legend Ronaldinho Now Looks Like (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by gentleg87(m): 4:38pm On Feb 11
Kuwait vs Vietnam in 1874🤔
The match was too tough

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by tunwumi: 4:40pm On Feb 11
Euro 2000

Spain 4 vs Yugoslavia 3

Live on
B
C
O
S

2 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Oizee(f): 4:42pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:
I have watched several tough matches that caused tension, but the one I can bring out is Chelsea VS Man united (Champions League Final) 2008
what? When I saw the headline, this was exactly what I wanted to write plus recent Nigeria vs South Africa
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by yomi531(m): 4:45pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:
I have watched several tough matches that caused tension, but the one I can bring out is Chelsea VS Man united (Champions League Final) 2008
Nigeria Vs Brazil 1996.
Man u vs Bayern 1999.
Nigeria vs Cameroon 2000 finals.
Liverpool vs Ac Milan 2005.
Man u vs Chelsea 2008.
Man u vs Barca 2011.
Of all these matches I listed, AFcon 2000 finals and man u vs barca 2011 almost made me die of depression. I lost weight sef. Food been dey smell for me if them carry am near me. I nearly died. Football get spirit oo

3 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Ybholy(m): 4:45pm On Feb 11
Argentina 🇦🇷 vs France 🇫🇷 2022 World Cup Final

I was rooting for Messi to win but Mbappe keep increasing my Blood Pressure 😂

That boy no dey hear word at all grin

2 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by esemes256: 4:45pm On Feb 11
If it was Nigeria that played the way DR Congo played yesterday, several people would have died of heart attack.
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Icuib4cu: 4:45pm On Feb 11
Ghana vs uruguay

Gyan, the whole if Africa was with Ghana we were so close, f u Suarez

2 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Benwallt(m): 4:49pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:

I almost go nuts because of this match. It was frenetic

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Ybholy(m): 4:51pm On Feb 11
Icuib4cu:
Ghana vs uruguay

Gyan, the whole if Africa was with Ghana we were so close, f u Suarez

A lot of African hate Suarez for that hand-catch of the ball.

Asamoah Gyang come happy finish and troway PK. I shouted 😩

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Icuib4cu: 4:57pm On Feb 11
Ybholy:

A lot of African hate Suarez for that hand-catch of the ball.

Asamoah Gyang come happy finish and troway PK. I shouted 😩

Africa was so close man.

3 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by ericmor: 4:58pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:

I was just about to mention that with the F.A final against Everton that year. Also the Olympic final that Nigeria latter came from behind to beat Argentina
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by yusluvad(m): 4:59pm On Feb 11
oweniwe:

Bayern vs Chelsea ucl final

Chelsea vs Barcelona orevbo angry
Seconded!
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by yusluvad(m): 4:59pm On Feb 11
Bayern vs Chelsea ucl final

It was indeed a tough game!
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by orlahtohbadt(m): 5:00pm On Feb 11
perfectsusanoo:
Germany spain 2010 world cup. Supported germany but puyol successfully made me dislike him during the match. God, i miss that german team.

Then naija ivory coast. That drogba offside goal eh. Forgot d year sha
2006 it was, Joseph Enakhaire was the culprit, he wanted to nod the ball away and the ball flew over his head. If he had moved back a bit, he would have been able to control it.

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by unmask: 5:02pm On Feb 11
Definitely France Vs Argentina 2022 worldcup
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by orlahtohbadt(m): 5:03pm On Feb 11
PROPEACE:
Barca Chelsea 2009 Champions league final.
In which universe did this one happen?
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by OgaRico(m): 5:04pm On Feb 11
As a kid, Tunsia vs Nigeria in AFCON 2004.

Man City vs QPR in 2012 before the Aguerooooo moment.

Argentina Vs France, 2022 World Cup Final, especially after France came back from two goals down. As long as I am concern as a Football fan, that match was Argentina Vs Ronaldo fans, not once did I thought France were the actual ones playing against Argentina.

5 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by OgaRico(m): 5:11pm On Feb 11
Ooh, so Kuwait played a match against Vietnam during WW1? I never knew.

Please help us with the names of those that played for both teams.

gentleg87:
Kuwait vs Vietnam in 1874🤔
The match was too tough
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Pet1122: 5:12pm On Feb 11
Argentina vs France
World cup final 2022
Where the 🐐 Triumph

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Sleekfingers: 5:13pm On Feb 11
England vs Cameroon 1990
Nigeria vs Italy = USA 1994

Nigeria vs Brazil 1996
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Inspirer1: 5:16pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:
Bayern Munich fc Vs Chelsea fc
Champions League 2012 final, I supported Chelsea
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by jasent(m): 5:16pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:

Who did you support?
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by bluefilm: 5:25pm On Feb 11
Even though I was still a very young thug back then, I will never forget Nigeria vs Spain in the France 98 world cup.

Sunday Oliseh was the hero that day with his thunderous shot that gave Nigeria the victory that day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW3K_v7KUPE

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by skyplustk(f): 5:25pm On Feb 11
South Africa vrs Nigeria
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Magnetic010: 5:25pm On Feb 11
Emma1Oj:
In 2006... Ac Milan bit Liverpool in champions League final. I went to work the following day I couldn't do anything, my body was shaking.

Since then I WATCH FOOTBALL WITH AN OPEN MIND.

THE BEST TEAM SHLD WIN.
That was 2007....

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by formular2002(m): 5:26pm On Feb 11
AFCON 1994
SEMI FINAL
NIGERIA VS IVORY COAST
REALLY TENSED. I even cried on the day as Ivory Coast scored first, we equalized, they led again, we equalized and the game went to penalties.
I still remember the Ivorians.
Joel Tiehi
Michael Bassole
Abdulaye Traore
Alain Guomene and host of others.
Thank God, we won in the end and went on to beat Zambia in the final.
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by noob03saibot(m): 5:33pm On Feb 11
femi4:
Nothing compares to

Chelsea Barcelona 2012 (2nd leg) semi final
Chelsea Bayern 2012 final

Those two matches are incredible
the one against barca, was it the one Torres scored that late goal after Lionel hit the woodwork with a penalty? I think Terry was also sent off in that game.
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Wizpa(m): 5:37pm On Feb 11
Only the ones I place my stakes on

Nothing gives you more tension when your Salary is about to be lost instead of doubled angry cry
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by geoworldedu: 5:40pm On Feb 11
Argentina vs France final

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by fawaz050(m): 5:43pm On Feb 11
OgaRico:
Ooh, so Kuwait played a match against Vietnam during WW1? I never knew.

Please help us with the names of those that played for both teams.

1874? WW1? Your matter be like Atiku calling Ganduje thief. Na the same thing dem be.
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Harrynight(m): 5:43pm On Feb 11
banjicom:

Do you mean man united or man city? Because the cup was won by chelsea in 2020/2021

Chelsea actually played Manchester United In 2008 UCL final

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON / NFF Appoints Coaches For Home Eagles, Other National Teams / Nigeria Reject Hotel Booked By Kenya FA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.