Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,504 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? (12728 Views)

Football Player Shoes: What Football Boots Do The Best Players Wear? / See What Football Legend, Ronaldinho Looks Like Now (photos) / See What Football Legend Ronaldinho Now Looks Like (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by bnanny: 3:25pm On Feb 11
Nigeria vs South Africa. We can lose to any other team but not South Africa. Funny but true.
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by BigDickProblems: 3:25pm On Feb 11
France Vs Argentina

December 18th 2022

9 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by FireUpNow(m): 3:25pm On Feb 11
banjicom:

Do you mean man united or man city? Because the cup was won by chelsea in 2020/2021

Chelsea and Man I played Champions league final in 2008 and Mam U won. Dedier Drogba was sent off . Chelsea manager was Avram Grant then.
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Caramia2020(m): 3:25pm On Feb 11
Smile
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Mustiboy(m): 3:26pm On Feb 11
Brazil Vs Germany 2014 (gave me nightmares actually as Brazil supporter since I started watching football as a kid.)

Brazil Vs Belgium 2018 (tension was high as f**k)

Brazil vs Croatia 2022 (Depressing to say the least)

PSG vs Bayern 2020 UCL final (wanted Neymar to win another UCL

Man City Vs Chelsea UCL final (Imagine losing your first final as a City fan since 2011)

Madrid VS Man City semi UCL final (I was confident we had won until Rodrygo happened)

And lastly...

City vs Inter final (Inter almost sent me to my early grave. Thought we'd concede an equalizer. My chest was pounding so hard)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Jeshurun90: 3:26pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:
I have watched several tough matches that caused tension, but the one I can bring out is Chelsea VS Man united (Champions League Final) 2008

angry

See how u just made me have unpleasant flashback!
Like it happened yesterday, the outcome of the match wounded me psychologically and emotionally! I had bad dream throughout the night - I dreamt of John Terry repeatedly missing the penalty take as he did in reality. It was as if that particular scene was put on auto reverse.

When I woke up the following day, I burnt my Chelsea jersey. After I burnt my jersey, I came back to my senses and I asked myself this question "How much would I be given if Chelsea had won?" If I was an old man then, it could have led me to grave.

I don learn my lesson never be so emotional about football like that.

3 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by osculatedon(m): 3:26pm On Feb 11
banjicom:

Do you mean man united or man city? Because the cup was won by chelsea in 2020/2021
I understand you just started watching football

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Nene1997: 3:28pm On Feb 11

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by anonymous1759(m): 3:28pm On Feb 11
Argentina vs France final

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Gr8lex(m): 3:28pm On Feb 11
It has to be the WC final btw France and Argentina especially that Kolo Muani moment, I almost had a heart attack.

3 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by PrimeWatermark: 3:29pm On Feb 11
JoshTim:
2006 uefa champions league final between liverpool and milan, 2022 world cup final between argentina and france

It was 2005. Milan vs Liverpool
2006 was Barcelona vs Arsenal.

2 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Damian911: 3:29pm On Feb 11
2022 FIFA World Cup Final between Argentina and France

2021 Champions League Final between Manchester City and Chelsea

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by ParagonPrick: 3:29pm On Feb 11
Argentina v France, Workd cup final that match was pulsating and tension filled, thank God Argentina won, I almost fainted that day grin

6 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by naptu2: 3:30pm On Feb 11
naptu2:
The craziest and most nerve-racking matches were

Nigeria vs Algeria in the semi-final of Maroc '88 (the one with the unending penalties).

The Miracle of Damman (the quarter-final of Saudi '89).

Nigeria vs Ivory Coast (the semi-final of Tunisia '94).

Nigeria vs Brazil at Atlanta '96.

I lost my voice and I could have sworn that my heart stopped beating during this game.

This was a game between the two most star studded teams in the competition. They were probably the two best teams in Africa at that time.

The 1994 Super Eagles team needs no introduction, so I'll tell you about the Ivorians.

They had the African legend, Abdoulaye Traore as their captain. They also had one of the best goalkeepers in Alaine Gouamene (who we renamed Allan Quartermaine).

They had Joel Tiehi and the Atletico Madrid star, Serge Alaine Maguy. They also had a young Ahmed Ouattara on the bench.

But I had never heard of Michel Basole before and he was the person that almost killed me on that day. He scored both of Ivory Coast's goals.

Thank heavenly God for Ben Iroha. Iroha injured both Michel Basole and Abdoulaye Traore (they both had to be substituted) and he only got a yellow card.

Not only did Iroha take out both of the Ivorian's danger men, but he also combined beautifully with Okocha to score the first goal (yes, a defender scored our equaliser). Then Yekini scored the equaliser for us.

The rest of the game became a crazy battle between Yekini and Gouamene. Alaine Gouamene showed why he was one of the best goalkeepers in Africa at that time. There was nothing that Yekini did not do, but Gouamene was always in his way.

This led to that famous shot of Westerhof asking God, "Why?"

It was 2-2 at the end of extra time, so the game went to penalties. Westerhof said that he decided that Yekini must take the last penalty because he had the most missed chances.

Of course Yekini scored and took Nigeria to the final.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY4q43juBbY

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by ParagonPrick: 3:32pm On Feb 11
Gr8lex:
It has to be the WC final btw France and Argentina especially that Kolo Muani moment, I almost had a heart attack.
My brother, I watched that match in a viewing center for my area with lots of c-ronaldo fans breathing down my neck. Am a popular Messi fan for street[left][/left]

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by blaise00700(m): 3:32pm On Feb 11
richiemcgold:

2008 Champions League Final
Manchester United vs Chelsea

Bro, don't remind me of this, John Terry cry

2 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Lantosed: 3:33pm On Feb 11
Football matches no longer gives tension and that's because I quit football betting, now I watch games with a relaxed mind like am watching a movie, I enjoyed the thrill and the excitement it brings not the tension. If you are a staker even Eyimba vs Lobi stars will give you premium tension. Tetescopy has shown me many SHEGE.
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by cletz991(m): 3:33pm On Feb 11
Same here. It was so tensed until terry slipped grin
ebubeson:
I have watched several tough matches that caused tension, but the one I can bring out is Chelsea VS Man united (Champions League Final) 2008
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by SUNNYCARE(m): 3:33pm On Feb 11
Barcelona vs PSG, Barcelona won 6-2
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Chukwuka319(m): 3:34pm On Feb 11
Lol! I don't watch such rubbish.The only time I watch football is during World Cup season and AFCON just like this one recently on.
I don't watch club based soccer because whenever I see adults bickering and abusing each other over clubs and people who even don't know they exist,it gives me a lot to think about.
Sometimes I even see an adult jumping and fidgeting on a sofa, watching club based soccer, and I wonder if the tension is not enough to stress out the heart of a healthy adult, not to talk of someone who is hypertensive.
Lol!

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by jelel6: 3:35pm On Feb 11
simmydebadest:
Bayern Munich v5 Chelsea
2012 champions league final
I am a Chelsea fan, it was a one sided affair... Prime Bayern team be throwing everything at us like we looted their palliative

Even though I'm a Chelsea fan, the performance of Bayern still gives me PTSD. That's the most one-sided UCL final I've ever seen.

4 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Excallibur(m): 3:36pm On Feb 11
Argentina vs France world cup final
I couldn't sleep well for days before the match

2 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by motionarena: 3:36pm On Feb 11
Chelsea v Barca Champions League 2012 semi final
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by motionarena: 3:37pm On Feb 11
jelel6:

Even though I'm a Chelsea fan, the performance of Bayern still gives me PTSD. That's the most one-sided UCL final I've ever seen.

How was it One-Sided when Chelsea won
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Edoblakky(m): 3:39pm On Feb 11
USA '94 Nigeria vs Italy. I actually ended that match with high fever
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by judedwriter(m): 3:41pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:

I would have said Italy vs Nigeria, USA 1994 WC second round, but I guess I was too young then, lol. However, there was general feeling of sadness when Nigeria lost.

However I agree with you concerning man utd (fan) vs Chelsea 2008 Champs league final. It was really tensed, and when John terry slipped in that penalty, the emotions were mind blowing!
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Aremson14(m): 3:41pm On Feb 11
Chelsea Bayern 2012 champions league… that moment Drogba brought down Ruben I was like no now ..could not even watch the penalties

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Emaprince: 3:43pm On Feb 11
Nigeria vs argentina 2002 world cup. I fell sick watching tha match .shm

Chelsea vs united CL final 2008. I had palpitations through out. And when Terry missed, I almost wanted to faint.
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Beverlyjean(f): 3:47pm On Feb 11
Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid champions league final 2016
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by youngblaq: 3:48pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:
The one under Cristiano Ronaldo. Chelsea lost.
The one with Ronaldo...not "under Ronaldo".
T for tainks
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by APOPTOSIS: 3:48pm On Feb 11
Of Course
Unarguably the Greatest FinaLs in History

ARGENTINA Vs FRANCE 2022.
But we triumphed!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Juventus Sacks Andrea Pirlo / Sebastian Osigwe Tests Positive For Coronavirus / Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.