Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,397 members, 7,861,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:53 AM

Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians (32815 Views)

Don’t Elect Incompetent Leaders, Sanusi Tells Nigerians / Nigeria Will Be History, If Igbo Youths Picks Arms-lamido Sanusi Tells FG / 2019: EU, US, UK & Saudi Arabia Ask Buhari Not To Contest; APC Considers Kingibe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians by morgstreme: 9:06pm On Feb 12
lexy2014:

how was that a mistake and who was the PDP CBN governor?
I see you are still young and new to this..

Emefiele was the "PDP" GOVERNOR of the CBN...

1 Like

Re: Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians by mcquin(m): 9:23pm On Feb 12
Slurity:
We forget things easily in this country. Yes, life of average Nigerians was better during Jonathan in terms of porverty, but Janthan remain out biggest mistake. For your information, Janathan regime made more money than any government we ever had in the past because that was when there is oil boom in the international market, in fact Buhari dint not made up to half of what Jonathan made, that same stupid government made all the money and wasted the money without saving a penny, he also when to our external reserve and squandered the $67billion obj saved, remaining just $22billion. As if that is still not enough, he still borrowed more debt during same time and even shared the borrowed money for politician through Dasuki gate and co. The only president defending national thieves like Dazini saying the alleged money is too big for a young woman like Diazini to steal, Stella Odua of aviation, Its as if Jonathan came to legalize corruption, pension money that disappeared, SURE-P scam, Cassava bread scam project, Jamb never remitted a penny under Jonathan, whereas they remitted billions of naira within a year under Buhari. On top of all that, Shekarau is doing live broadcast of bombing and killing innocent lives under Jonathan and the amebicide president still don't believe that bokoharam is a real threat to security that will degenerate to other insecurity problems. Jonathan is the Biggest Nigerians mistake and not Buhari, Buhari made a lot of stupid mistakes too but Jonathat is a total disaster.
If you ask average Nigerian, even the APC supporter what administration he wants back, he'd say Jonathan. Feel free, do a survey?

Do you know the cost of rice, cement, even chicken now?

Everything that went wrong under GEJ quadrippled under Buhari. Funny, I don't blame Tinubu, he made a wrong political alliance but denying Buhari's failure is all shades of wrong.
Re: Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians by mcquin(m): 9:25pm On Feb 12
Donedeal1:

Quite so,but getting sent out of the office is the major cause to allowing disasters to take the seat.Just as one former President will say"we don't know who will fill the seat but we surely know those who will can not occupied it".That is saying we shall never made a mistake to let the wrong man taken over.
Who brought the wrong man in? Why bring the wrong man in the first place?
Re: Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians by lexy2014: 10:12pm On Feb 12
morgstreme:

I see you are still young and new to this..

Emefiele was the "PDP" GOVERNOR of the CBN...

how was Emefiele a "PDP GOVERNOR of the CBN"?

how was it a mistake for Buhari to have kept him after he took over?
Re: Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians by year2013: 2:33am On Feb 13
Paraman:
I agree with Sanusi. Tinubu will get us out of this mess before the year end

How?.
Re: Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians by tonyson010(m): 7:55am On Feb 13
Solsix:
Yes that's the pattern. The present president blames the past and the cycle keep on going without find any tangible solution to our problems. Mind you it was tinubu and south west goons supported buhari not once but twice to finish up Nigeria. There is no way u can talk about Nigeria's woes without mentioning tinubu.

They keep repeating the blame game. The current administration is borrowing massively to live lavishly while the masses suffer. No change at all....that's all I see.
Re: Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians by OkukoIgbo: 8:15am On Feb 13
omohayek:

Where exactly was Tinubu supposed to get the money from to "put in place to cushion the effects"? You already read that the reason Tinubu was forced to (partially) remove the subsidy in the first place was because the FG could no longer afford it! Did you not bother to read where Sanusi said debt servicing was already eating up nearly 100% of government revenues?

The harsh reality is that Nigeria is broke, and international interest rates have skyrocketed since Buhari went on his 8-year borrowing spree. Nobody was going to lend money to Nigeria to squander on a foolish subsidy scheme whose biggest beneficiaries were smugglers and the citizens of other ECOWAS countries. The only other source of funding left without raising taxes is simply to hope you can print more money faster than people can demand higher wages and "palliatives", and this attempt to paper the cracks through printing more money is what is causing the skyrocketing inflation we are seeing right now.

There is no magic wand that could have prevented hard times from befalling Nigerians. If Xi Jinping in China and Joe Biden in the USA can't shield their people from higher interest rates, it isn't the president of a dirt-poor Third-World country who can manage the feat. Nigerians would still be facing hard times right now even if Tinubu and all his cabinet members had Nobel Prizes in economics, and neither Obi nor Atiku could have done any better in providing "palliatives" without accelerating inflation.

If Tinubu is to be faulted, it is for his institution of half-measures that will needlessly prolong this crisis, out of a fear of public backlash. Despite all the moaning and groaning on here, Tinubu has not really abolished the petrol subsidy, he just (temporarily) reduced the amount, and with inflation accelerating, the scale of the subsidy is ballooning once again because petrol prices have not been deregulated. Tinubu has not allowed Cardoso to raise interest rates to a level that will curb inflation and draw foreign investment. Finally, Tinubu has not made any serious effort to reduce the FG's wage bill by launching an ambitious privatization programme. All of these things are vital to restore investor confidence and kickstart growth, and Tinubu knows they are necessary, but he is so paralyzed by fear of even worse public reaction that he has now settled into tinkering here and there instead of giving Nigeria the strong medicine it needs - and yet ignoramuses like you whine endlessly as if he had a magic wand that could painlessly solve all your problems overnight.

I don't understand this your epistle at all.

before and during election, didn't your tinubu know about all these, didn't he say he installed buhari, for Christ sake do you guys have a soul at all?
Re: Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians by realonebizschl: 9:32am On Feb 13
We are tired of blaming people, all we need are competent hands from people who understand the problem solving skills and can apply it.

Not bunch of criminals that forces themself into the positions they don't belong then continuously deliver bad governance and always look for people to blame for their incompetence.

We want people who knows what to do without blaming anyone.

Everybody knows that blaming others is the #1 indicator of incompetency.

Islie:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/blame-buhari-not-tinubu-for-economic-hardship-sanusi-tells-nigerians/

Re: Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians by Donedeal1(m): 10:15am On Feb 13
mcquin:

Who brought the wrong man in? Why bring the wrong man in the first place?
The idea is now looking clear,use him to secure powers, then highjack the power from him .Look like what happened during Gen Buhari first time he spent 18 months before he was shoved aside only for IBB to spent 8+years.
Re: Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians by Slurity(m): 1:18pm On Feb 14
mcquin:

If you ask average Nigerian, even the APC supporter what administration he wants back, he'd say Jonathan. Feel free, do a survey?

Do you know the cost of rice, cement, even chicken now?

Everything that went wrong under GEJ quadrippled under Buhari. Funny, I don't blame Tinubu, he made a wrong political alliance but denying Buhari's failure is all shades of wrong.
You are correct but believe me, they will want Jonathan time back because the are ignorant. We have too many stupid people in Nigeria.
Re: Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians by mcquin(m): 9:51am On Feb 15
Donedeal1:

The idea is now looking clear,use him to secure powers, then highjack the power from him .Look like what happened during Gen Buhari first time he spent 18 months before he was shoved aside only for IBB to spent 8+years.
Political power but at what cost? Hungry, desperate Nigerians? Look where we are today cause a man wanted to hijack power? Just sad.
Re: Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians by mcquin(m): 9:56am On Feb 15
Slurity:
You are correct but believe me, they will want Jonathan time back because the are ignorant. We have too many stupid people in Nigeria.
I'll try to refrain from guile speaking but trust your comment is unfair to the millions of Nigerians that have been patient, endured bad governance this past 10years. Else where things would have erupted.

Check cost of everything, from food to drugs to cement etc. Just check and tell me whether wity such inflation such government should stand. Is it the Naira value? Name one country that can patient and resilient as Nigeria and Nigerians before coming out to call them stupid.
Re: Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians by kayusely70(m): 10:17am On Feb 15
This man has always been frank and truthful! That was why he was dethroned! I pray he's return to the throne!
Re: Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians by Slurity(m): 1:36pm On Feb 15
mcquin:

I'll try to refrain from guile speaking but trust your comment is unfair to the millions of Nigerians that have been patient, endured bad governance this past 10years. Else where things would have erupted.

Check cost of everything, from food to drugs to cement etc. Just check and tell me whether with such inflation such government should stand. Is it the Naira value? Name one country that can patient and resilient as Nigeria and Nigerians before coming out to call them stupid.
Get my point right, The current government in the past 10 years are all getting things wrong, nobody will dispute that, in fact, we should still blame the present government less because correction of errors has great negative impact, but what i am saying is the the government of Jonathan dug the graves that Nigerian fell into today. Jonathan should carry the heaviest blame if you understand what actual went wrong under Jonathan, you will hate him instead of praising him above other problem creator like Buhari that don't even have any vison.
Re: Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians by mcquin(m): 4:32pm On Feb 15
Slurity:
Get my point right, The current government in the past 10 years are all getting things wrong, nobody will dispute that, in fact, we should still blame the present government less because correction of errors has great negative impact, but what i am saying is the the government of Jonathan dug the graves that Nigerian fell into today. Jonathan should carry the heaviest blame if you understand what actual went wrong under Jonathan, you will hate him instead of praising him above other problem creator like Buhari that don't even have any vison.
I do not suscribe to conspiracy theories but work with facts.

The insecurity Nigerians decried under Jonathan went worse under Buhari with the crook even supporting an amnesty for Bokoharam sect, a spite on our feelings. He never cared how Nigerians felt anyway. Tinubu fares better in that light. Jonathan was by far the best here. Too calm, gentle; that we took his simplicity for granted. With the insults hurled at him, he never targeted the social media but allowed us all including you insult him.

Corruption, oh that's story for another day, from AG Malami to his nephew to the grass cutter; the list goes on.

For want of too much talk, do a survey; ask 5 to 10 people around you about the last two administrations, then come back and talk to me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shola Ladoja Proposes To Amena On Her Birthday (Photos) / Peter Obi In Bayelsa For The Burial Of Goodluck Jonathan's Elder Sister / The Truth About The Second Niger Bridge-Chibuzo N. Ziggy Azike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.