Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair (33920 Views)

Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike / Final Year Student Of Michael Okpara University Killed In Accident In Abia / Michael Okpara University Final Year Students Spray Cash After Final Paper (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by CooldipoMPS: 8:37pm On Feb 12
shocked
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by ouigy99(m): 8:37pm On Feb 12
Aluta.....sorry, I meant A-LOOTER

1 Like

Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by seanery: 8:37pm On Feb 12
K
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by Shellsploit: 8:38pm On Feb 12
Tru81bdje:
>:

Delete this edited ticket u posted
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by Maj196(m): 8:39pm On Feb 12
Na the students go suffer am

1 Like

Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by duduade: 8:41pm On Feb 12
atiku4President:
So you mean the school authority is indirectly preparing the students mind to pay reparations?

Yes for sure

The students must pay

1 Like

Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by magzey: 8:41pm On Feb 12
Wia is the Pisure of Damage done and the culprits grin grin
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by oyeb15: 8:44pm On Feb 12
Theives everywhere
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by siant: 8:50pm On Feb 12
Evangelistdisu:
G
Why you come increase am to 2k nah? As at last year when 1 dollars was #900, you dey do am for 1k,
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by zoedew: 8:50pm On Feb 12
The VC must carry the can. He acted in a rather tactless and immature manner that provoked the tensed up students.
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by tallfish145(m): 8:53pm On Feb 12
Every student,except some few handicapped should brace up for a reparation fee of about 50k or more. Then few will be shown red cards

2 Likes

Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by Dyfynezz12(m): 8:55pm On Feb 12
clockwisereport:
Obodo adiro mma bu uru ndi nze
I swear bro,I told one of my guys that attends the scholl that they just made money for the school management nd he taught I was lying

1 Like

Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by tuzle(m): 8:55pm On Feb 12
It happened in funaab one year like that too. By the time they give each student 20k damages fee or no exam. Some few stupid people that like destroying what they can't build will just put everyone in trouble and the stupid thing is that they can still do the same thing tomorrow again.

1 Like

Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by Tayorshd87: 9:11pm On Feb 12
immortalcrown:
I wanted to say the damage is not even up to ₦500 million. But I remember Naira keeps falling in value and the school management will likely eat through padding of expenses.

But I will still say it. What does the school have for the damage to worth ₦2b? Did the students destroy the entire school property and empty the school bank account?

And guess what! Students will pay the money or government allocation will be diverted.

Lol I wonder óòoo bastards ..

Our so called people in system or whatever are all looking for a way to loot the treasury dry from the federal government..

Thieves thieves generation
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by Dennisochampa: 9:15pm On Feb 12
This is the problem with Nigeria and Nigerians...

We are angry... We destroy in minutes, what took years and significant amount of resources to build....
Tomorrow, if government no gree fix am... We go say the government dey irresponsible....

U no vex block road or block lecturers from going to classes.... Why destroy infrastructures that will take time and money to rebuild

This country ehn... I don fess talk am... No be only government need to change....

Our mentality need to change as well...

If u go abroad... If them deh protest... Them go dey stone police... Dey burn Tyres and all that..... But our own... Na to dey destroy infrastructure wen we deh manage... It is well

5 Likes

Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by YourKarma: 9:20pm On Feb 12
Dpharisee:
The stupid students who will cheer outsiders to burn down their school have given opportunity to corrupt politicians to loot another N2B from the system.

The worst part is that the students will still be the ones to pay this money for their Aluta foolishness on resumption and many who will not afford it could be forced to abandon their education.

Can't they protest without shooting themselves in the foot by burning down buildings?

The school knows how to collect the money by fixing exam upon resumption in batches starting with 100 level and final year and you must present your payment receipt before you enter the school gate.

Your own no pass to open mouth to spew crap. Didn't you watch the video, did you see any building get burnt? THis politician claims 2BN worth of damages, common sense should've told you he just padded the figure.

Na waa to some of una
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by fitinwell: 9:29pm On Feb 12
Metrix147:

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/damage-at-michael-okpara-university-heartbreaking-will-cost-n2bn-to-repair-rep-aguocha/

This is just Testing the Mic oooo

If food price continue to go higher..

You wont be able to predict howfar a hungry lion can go...
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by fadaroking: 9:56pm On Feb 12
I recall back then at federal poly nekede when similar thing happened, omor na all students partake in the surcharge so let all the students prepare to partake in the damage fee
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by DataDoc: 10:04pm On Feb 12
immortalcrown:
I wanted to say the damage is not even up to ₦500 million. But I remember Naira keeps falling in value and the school management will likely eat through padding of expenses.

But I will still say it. What does the school have for the damage to worth ₦2b? Did the students destroy the entire school property and empty the school bank account?

And guess what! Students will pay the money or government allocation will be diverted.

When people protest abroad, they do it peacefully and don't go about damaging public property.

I support the cost of repairs be calculated and shared among the students in their school fees or through whatever means

Unfortunately the innocent students will suffer along with the actual people who destroyed the institution's properties
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by lexy2014: 10:25pm On Feb 12
Ndleabilli:
How much be the whole school

good question
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by lexy2014: 10:25pm On Feb 12
DataDoc:

When people protest abroad, they do it peacefully and don't go about damaging public property.

I support the cost of repairs be calculated and shared among the students in their school fees or through whatever means

Unfortunately the innocent students will suffer along with the actual people who destroyed the institution's properties

is the cost of damage that you say should be calculated actually N2b?
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by lexy2014: 10:26pm On Feb 12
tuzle:
It happener in funaab one year like that too. By the time they give each student 20k damages fee or no exam. Some few stupid people that like destroying what they can't build will just put everyone in trouble and the stupid thing is that they can still do the same thing tomorrow again.

so what exactly was destroyed in michael okpara university that amounted to N2b?
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by Laurene: 10:50pm On Feb 12
Dennisochampa:
This is the problem with Nigeria and Nigerians...

We are angry... We destroy in minutes, what took years and significant amount of resources to build....
Tomorrow, if government no gree fix am... We go say the government dey irresponsible....

U no vex block road or block lecturers from going to classes.... Why destroy infrastructures that will take time and money to rebuild

This country ehn... I don fess talk am... No be only government need to change....

Our mentality need to change as well...

If u go abroad... If them deh protest... Them go dey stone police... Dey burn Tyres and all that..... But our own... Na to dey destroy infrastructure wen we deh manage... It is well
This is just minimal damage... Lying Nigerian crooks would inflate those numbers to suit their agenda.

Black lives matter and antifa burned and ravaged top US cities for months... How about that?

1 Like

Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by Pclemenza: 10:50pm On Feb 12
Lymetsaucer:
My alma mata that Year
and still is.
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by Laurene: 10:51pm On Feb 12
DataDoc:

check American protests since 2016.

1 Like

Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by tuzle(m): 10:55pm On Feb 12
lexy2014:

so what exactly was destroyed in michael okpara university that amounted to N2b?
did I say anywhere in my comment that the amount was up to 2billion?

1 Like

Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by Pclemenza: 10:56pm On Feb 12
lexy2014:

Leave agenda people. Just another means to enrich themselves. If prof. Iwe was reasonable like his predecessor Otunta, he would have have them write the exam and withhold the result till they pay their school fee.

1 Like

Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by chinchum(m): 11:08pm On Feb 12
Students still foolish to destroy their properties in the guise of protest. I thought SUG's and students are now wiser than some 20, 30, 40 years ago. They will be forced to pay in multiples of what was destroyed with undertaking sef.
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by ppogba: 11:16pm On Feb 12
Pclemenza:

Leave agenda people. Just another means to enrich themselves. If prof. Iwe was reasonable like his predecessor Otunta, he would have have them write the exam and withhold the result till they pay their school fee.

You don hear dat one for Naija before?

Let them.write exam.and withhold result?

Why not suggest the VC should feed them and collect the money when next they go hungry?

This Nairaland sef na comedy land.
Re: Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair by thatigboman: 12:28am On Feb 13
atiku4President:
So you mean the school authority is indirectly preparing the students mind to pay reparations?
that's for sure. The money the students will pay will be enough to build a brand new university

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation / OAU Accounting Students Exchange Blows Over Financial Report [Photo] / Ibrahim, Hauwa & Eman Indimi Graduate With MBAs From Lynn University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.