Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget (19944 Views)

Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal / I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher / Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Pemisire113: 12:39am On Feb 13
Hey family, am glad to be here, am a 28 yrs old Nigerian lady with a great determination spirit. I couldn't attend a university to study a nursing degree which is my dream career but I attended a college of health with struggles due to financial incapability. I was raised by a mum who lost her husband at early stage. We are four am the third.

When I completed my secondary school i started working in a hospital as an hospital aid, I was able to raised some cash I proceeded to a college of health where i did a three years course and i graduated with flying colours.

I immediately moved to Lagos and start working in a hospital. I was able to raise some money that was in 2020. I did my pass port. I went online, I met some friends and i applied for a Dubai visa with the intention of getting there to do some care course, so I can work in care homes or hospital.

I got the visa. I traveled, i did the course i was able to get a caregiver job luckily for me with 2000 dhm salary. I was happy thinking my dream is gradually coming through i would able to save money, proceed with my nursing degree and take care of my mum, unfortunately for me, the issues of Nigerian cultists came up in UAE. They stopped all documentation for Nigerians, that was when the ban started. I waited a bit but nothing changed i had no choice than to come back to Nigeria in 2020. I quickly landed in Lagos and started applying to hospital all over again, i got a job again, salary was way below the offers i got in UAE, since then till now, i was able to raise 2M.

Now my people please advice me, which country can this amount take me to with flight tickets etc.

A country I can be able to work and may be further to earn a degree later.

Pls Advice me 🥺

Thank you sir /thank u ma

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by sunnymighty(m): 3:19am On Feb 13
Pemisire113:
Hey family ,am glad to be here ,am a 28 yrs old Nigerian lady with a great determination spirit , I couldn't attend a university to study a nursing degree which is my dream career but I attended a college of health with struggles due to financial incapability,I was raised by a mum who lost her husband at early stage ,we are four am the third ,when I completed my secondary school i started working in a hospital as an hospital aid, I was able to raised some cash I proceeded to a college of health where i did a three years course abd i graduated with flying colours , i immediately moved to lagos and start working in a hospital,i was able to raised some money that was in 2020 I did my pass port I went online i meet sime friends abd i applied for a Dubai visa with the intention of getting there to do some care course, so I can work in care homes or hospital, i got the visa I traveled , i did the course i was able to get a caregiver job luckily for me with 2000 dhm salary i was happy thinking my dream is gradually coming through i would able to save money ,proceed with my nursing degree and take care of my mum, unfortunately for me , the issues of nigerians cultist came up in UAE ,they stopped all documentation for nigerians,that was when the ban started ,i waited a bit but nothing changed i had no choice ,than to come back to Nigeria in 2020, I quickly landed Lagos and started applying to hospital all over again, i got a job again ,salary was way below the offed i got in UAE ,since then till now ,i was able to raise 2M

Now my people please advice me ,which country can this amount take me to ,with flight tickets etc

Pls Advice me 🥺

Try SA, atleast you already have the exposure and the travel experience.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:31am On Feb 13
See how bad life is. Just because you hold a Nigerian passport cry cry cry

60 Likes

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Gerrard59(m): 3:45am On Feb 13
sunnymighty:

Try SA, atleast you already have the exposure and the travel experience.

N2M will take her nowhere in South Africa. This is assuming she even gets a visa to enter the country. Nigerians who plan to write the NCLEX exams in South Africa don see something in visa application. Hopefully, the newly opened centre in Nairobi will offer them chances to write the exam.

Her best bet is the UK. OP should look for well-wishers, especially relatives or friends who reside abroad, to support her lofty dreams. Continue to work and save what you can. I am not too familiar with nursing degrees, but are you sure a degree from a college of health would open you to opportunities as BSc in Nursing? This would help adjust your plans and ambitions.

Also, does it mean since the ban, Nigerians cannot get a work visa to work in the UAE? What about those in the country who will need a renewal of their work visas?
cc: Pemisire113

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Karleb(m): 7:40am On Feb 13
If you can learn Portuguese, apply for scholarship in Brazil. The Gcub scholarship will commence in the middle of this year.

Even if you don't get the scholarship, try to get the admission and save more for accommodation and feeding, education is free there.

Save what you currently have in dollar.

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Ayinke93(f): 9:00am On Feb 13
Pemisire113:
Hey family ,am glad to be here ,am a 28 yrs old Nigerian lady with a great determination spirit , I couldn't attend a university to study a nursing degree which is my dream career but I attended a college of health with struggles due to financial incapability,I was raised by a mum who lost her husband at early stage ,we are four am the third ,when I completed my secondary school i started working in a hospital as an hospital aid, I was able to raised some cash I proceeded to a college of health where i did a three years course abd i graduated with flying colours , i immediately moved to lagos and start working in a hospital,i was able to raised some money that was in 2020 I did my pass port I went online i meet sime friends abd i applied for a Dubai visa with the intention of getting there to do some care course, so I can work in care homes or hospital, i got the visa I traveled , i did the course i was able to get a caregiver job luckily for me with 2000 dhm salary i was happy thinking my dream is gradually coming through i would able to save money ,proceed with my nursing degree and take care of my mum, unfortunately for me , the issues of nigerians cultist came up in UAE ,they stopped all documentation for nigerians,that was when the ban started ,i waited a bit but nothing changed i had no choice ,than to come back to Nigeria in 2020, I quickly landed Lagos and started applying to hospital all over again, i got a job again ,salary was way below the offed i got in UAE ,since then till now ,i was able to raise 2M

Now my people please advice me ,which country can this amount take me to ,with flight tickets etc

Pls Advice me 🥺

You are more than qualified for the Canadian Express entry. You should easily be nominated for the healthcare worker category. Use that 2m to evaluate your credentials with WES, and write IELTS. You'll figure out proof of funds on the way.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Pemisire113: 1:54pm On Feb 13
Gerrard59:

N2M will take her nowhere in South Africa. This is assuming she even gets a visa to enter the country. Nigerians who plan to write the NCLEX exams in South Africa don see something in visa application. Hopefully, the newly opened centre in Nairobi will offer them chances to write the exam.

Her best bet is the UK. OP should look for well-wishers, especially relatives or friends who reside abroad, to support her lofty dreams. Continue to work and save what you can. I am not too familiar with nursing degrees, but are you sure a degree from a college of health would open you to opportunities as BSc in Nursing? This would help adjust your plans and ambitions.

Also, does it mean since the ban, Nigerians cannot get a work visa to work in the UAE? What about those in the country who will need a renewal of their work visas?
cc: Pemisire113

Yes sir the ban doesn't allow visit or work permit for nigerians

5 Likes

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Pemisire113: 1:56pm On Feb 13
Ayinke93:

You are more than qualified for the Canadian Express entry. You should easily be nominated for the healthcare worker category. Use that 2m to evaluate your credentials with WES, and write IELTS. You'll figure out proof of funds on the way.

Thank you sir ,what I have is a diploma in healthcare assistant/technician, would I be able to apply for such programs with that qualifications

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Pemisire113: 2:12pm On Feb 13
tensazangetsu20:

It is terrible brother

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Ayinke93(f): 2:47pm On Feb 13
Pemisire113:

Thank you sir , what I have is a diploma in healthcare assistant/technician, would I be able to apply for such programs with that qualifications
Sounded like you had a diploma and a degree. If you have up to two diplomas, that should work. Check out the Canadian express entry thread on Nairaland.
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by forsaleitem: 3:26pm On Feb 13
Pemisire113:

It is terrible brother

Just like someone suggested, you can check the Canada thread and see what you can take out of it

I wish you the best of luck

Kindly WhatsApp me on 09081577626, I have something to discuss with you

Note: I am not asking you for any money and I am not a visa agent, but something that I thought might be helpful to some extent.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Bdotnets: 4:02pm On Feb 13
If you can try Germany 🇩🇪, can help you
Pemisire113:

Pls Advice me 🥺

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Darien4: 6:08pm On Feb 13
While chatting people privately, be careful with your 2m naira. Don't give out shi shi to anybody for whatever help they would want to render.

135 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Pemisire113: 7:43pm On Feb 13
forsaleitem:

Just like someone suggested, you can check the Canada thread and see what you can take out of it

I wish you the best of luck

Kindly WhatsApp me on 09081577626, I have something to discuss with you

Note: I am not asking you for any money and I am not a visa agent, but something that I thought might be helpful to some extent.

Thanks

Thank u sir
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Pemisire113: 7:44pm On Feb 13
Darien4:
While chatting people privately, be careful with your 2m naira. Don't give out shi shi to anybody for whatever help they would want to render.

Thank you sir

26 Likes

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Pemisire113: 7:45pm On Feb 13
Bdotnets:
If you can try Germany 🇩🇪, can help you

How do I contact you sir
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by JayTripz(m): 6:09pm On Feb 21
Omoooo

You try to save that much in this economy

I wish you well on your travel plans

There are cheaper countries like Romania, Malta, Ukraine... Their visa is easier than the likes of UK, US

9 Likes

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Anguldi(m): 6:09pm On Feb 21
E no go buy flight ticket tongue
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Jennyclay(f): 6:10pm On Feb 21
Denmark or Sweden
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Goodlady(f): 6:11pm On Feb 21
Malo shi hairdressing salon tabi koma ta boskoro or restaurant tabi koma ransho bi tailor. If it's through school route, college or masters, a suitable japa cost nothing less than N12m for school fee deposit, like another N15m for completion of the school fee and like N2m - N4m for interest of proof of funds and visa processing fee, tests, police reports, jama-jama, etc!
You ll need like N30m - N40m as a single applicant for POF if it's studies route!
Except you are lucky to land job sponsorship!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by SPF247(m): 6:11pm On Feb 21
Mali & Burkina faso 🇧🇫

With Russian backings….you’re safe.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by yesloaded: 6:11pm On Feb 21
Hope on God

2m is like $1k+ now

Don't give a kobo to anybody in the name of assistance

Keep your money & keep on bustling here in Nigeria till you save up enough, that 2m us not enough at all

20 Likes

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by IceLip: 6:11pm On Feb 21
F
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Omoawoke: 6:12pm On Feb 21
1000 dollars

Hmmmm

2 million naira in 2016/2017 could have taken you to Germany for an MSC program but now, 1k dollars can’t do anything.
One month house rent alone in US don chop that money

6 Likes

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by ezegenigbonine: 6:12pm On Feb 21
Kenya grin grin grin
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Sarang(f): 6:12pm On Feb 21
Becareful of SCAMMERS. BE VERY CAREFUL.
I wish you well

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Sleekfingers: 6:13pm On Feb 21
tensazangetsu20:

Some Nigerians have messed up in so many countries. With their I too wise mentalities. Nigerian passport in many countries is a red flag.
Wahala for who still dey use Nigerian passport

13 Likes

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by inoki247: 6:13pm On Feb 21
Lol
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Menclothing: 6:14pm On Feb 21
You where able to raise 2m within some years in savings
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Beverlyjean(f): 6:14pm On Feb 21
Lol... ask urself what country will 1k dollars take u to .... Nigerians are the worst people on earth... because Dubai gave free visas , they went there to be doing the stupid things they do here like dubai belongs to them ... reason other African countries hate us ...we disrespect and intentionally brrak other countries law ...but we will not take it if Ghanaians did same to us here ... we will even do worse that xenophobia

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Rebuker(m): 6:14pm On Feb 21
2M? Well, this maybe be very helpful: that's the latest update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJEzEvf_95Q

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At Lagos Airport / Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia / How To Get Australia Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.