Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,084 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

“Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” (2266 Views)

Access Bank Denies Herbert Wigwe's Arrest / Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern / Childhood Throwback Photo Of Herbert Wigwe, CEO Of Access Bank PLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by KnowAll(m): 10:03am On Feb 14
Herbert Wigwe bought Erastus Akinkugbe’ s bank after Sanusi and his cronies had asset stripped it to bear bones. The carcass was giving to Wigwe for a few coins.

Erastus being a pastor of d redeem Christian church lick his wounds and disappeared into oblivion.

Just thinking I hope Herbert has not falling foul of that wise saying of touch not my anointing and do my prophet no harm.

The calamities of those who took part in this heinous crime on Erastus and what have befallen them:

Herbert lost his life at d peak of his life

2. Sanusi disgraced out of his emirship role

3. Saraki his strong hold in Kwara State fell like the walls of Jericho with no chance of ever arising. If Saraki runs as a ward chairman today he would lose. This was a man who was Nigerian’s number 3 man.

So my people “ touch not my anointing and do my prophet no harm” if you don’t want calamity to befall you.

A word is good for the wise😲🤔🤫

3 Likes

Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by immortalcrown(m): 10:06am On Feb 14
cool
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by Floky215: 10:09am On Feb 14
KnowAll:
Herbert Wigwe bought Erastus Akinkugbe’ s bank after Sanusi and his cronies had asset stripped it to bear bones. The carcass was giving to Wigwe for a few coins.

Erastus being a pastor of d redeem Christian church lick his wounds and disappeared into oblivion.

Just thinking I hope Herbert has not falling foul of that wise saying of touch not my anointing and do my prophet no harm.

The calamities of those who took part in this heinous crime on Erastus and what have befallen them:

3. Saraki his strong hold in Kwara State fell like the walls of Jericho with no chance of ever arising. If Saraki runs as a ward chairman today he would lose. This was a man who was Nigerian’s number 3 man.

So my people “ touch not my anointing and do my prophet no harm” if you don’t want calamity to befall you.

Erastus don enter ground for them..forget about any anointing...!!

If you know, you know....!! grin
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by KnowAll(m): 10:10am On Feb 14
Floky215:

Erastus don enter ground for them..forget about any anointing...!!

If you know, you know....!! grin

U mean fasting and prayer, all my detractors shall perish abi.
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by MrProlific95: 10:10am On Feb 14
Make Una rest please. Conjectures up and down

6 Likes

Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by AfonjaEkiti: 10:13am On Feb 14
KnowAll:

Business is business.

Erastus had a poor business plan

He is done gone and forgotten, forget church or bible.

He lost and he is a failure a failure I say

2 Likes

Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by otipoju(m): 10:19am On Feb 14
AfonjaEkiti:

Business is business.

So having a poor business plan meant he should be robbed of his sweat.

Intercontinental Bank was a leading bank and they robbed himof it.
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by AfonjaEkiti: 10:21am On Feb 14
otipoju:

So having a poor business plan meant he should be robbed of his sweat.

Intercontinental Bank was a leading bank and they robbed himof it.

He wasn't robbed for goodness sakes , he is simply failure.

Same with the owner of savannah bank

Same with union bank

Same with diamond bank

Same with oceanic bank

Business fold if you can't maintain or keep it the sharks come in to swallow shikena

4 Likes

Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by KnowAll(m): 10:23am On Feb 14
AfonjaEkiti:

Business is business.

The only in-ethical thing done by Erastus was giving huge tithes to his church and that did not sit well with some people.
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by KnowAll(m): 10:26am On Feb 14
AfonjaEkiti:

Same with union bank

Same with diamond bank

Same with oceanic bank

Business fold if you can't maintain or keep it the sharks come in to swallow shikena

Thank you my friend. U cannot stripe a man of his sweat and go scored free. Erastus was d most flamboyant banker in his day and understandably enviousness would be running deep. Just like how Herbert was flamboyant.
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by VeryWickedMan: 10:27am On Feb 14
So this RCCG anointing god did not work 10 years ago or 5 years ago.

How about Ibru?

Now that Wigwe is dead, why isn't Erastus the CBN governor? What is his RCCG god waiting for? So the powerless ajo tithe-contribution deity waited until Wigwe's death to work.

That means Wigwe controls Erastus' RCCG deity.

Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by WorldRichest: 10:27am On Feb 14
KnowAll:

All those that are part of the illegal takeover of Intercontinental Bank, Oceanic Bank, Bank PhB, and others will never know peace. Their children'd children will not know peace.

1 Like

Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by Floky215: 10:28am On Feb 14
KnowAll:

Forget that fasting level...!!

Baba don go table the matter before him ancestors make dem judge and they delivered a brilliant judgment...!! grin
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by AfonjaEkiti: 10:29am On Feb 14
KnowAll:

Thank you my friend. U cannot stripe a man of his sweat and go scored free. Erastus was d most flamboyant banker in his day and understandably enviousness would be running deep. Just like how Herbert was flamboyant.

My bro i dont know why Africans bring church into everything.

Erastus failed to guard his sweat and he failed.

He is a failure.

I see the same thing happening to Erisco soon

Because only him wants to be king without council.

When he fails they will call church

1 Like

Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by KnowAll(m): 10:30am On Feb 14
VeryWickedMan:
So this RCCG anointing god did not work 10 years ago or 5 years ago.

How about Ibru?

Now that Wigwe is dead, why isn't Erastus the CBN governor? What is his RCCG god waiting for? So the powerless ajo tithe-contribution deity waited until Wigwe's death to work.

That means Wigwe controls Erastus' RCCG deity.

Look for calamity to befall 3 different individuals is not coincidental it is Devine. He who feels the pinch would tell u d pain their through.
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by CilicMarin: 10:38am On Feb 14
AfonjaEkiti:

My bro i dont know why Africans bring church into everything.

Erastus failed to guard his sweat and he failed.

He is a failure.

I see the same thing happening to Erisco soon

Because only him wants to be king without council.

When he fails they will call church

Whatever Intercontinental Bank, Oceanic Bank etc were accused of doing then, FirstBank, Diamond Bank, Zenith, UBA etc did worse...I mean insider's trading, non performing loans etc. Sanusi was just out to take a pound of flesh to those who lobbied for the retention of Soludo. Don't ask me, how Iknow these things ...

Sanusi na sadist! lipsrsealed
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by otipoju(m): 10:48am On Feb 14
AfonjaEkiti:

Same with union bank

Same with diamond bank

Same with oceanic bank

How was he a failure. His bank was not in distress when they robbed him of it.

Sasaki wanted Erastus Akingbola to do something shady which he refused and Saraki used his childhood friend and old school mate at Kings College Sanusi who was the CBN governor to rob him of the bank.

Intercontinental Bank was not in distress when it was aquired by the CBN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by SleekyP(m): 12:05pm On Feb 14
otipoju:

How was he a failure. His bank was not in distress when they robbed him of it.

Sasaki wanted Erastus Akingbola to do something shady which he refused and Saraki used his childhood friend and old school mate at Kings College Sanusi who was the CBN governor to rob him of the bank.

Intercontinental Bank was not in distress when it was aquired by the CBN.
CilicMarin:

Whatever Intercontinental Bank, Oceanic Bank etc were accused of doing then, FirstBank, Diamond Bank, Zenith, UBA etc did worse...I mean insider's trading, non performing loans etc. Sanusi was just out to take a pound of flesh to those who lobbied for the retention of Soludo. Don't ask me, how Iknow these things ...

Sanusi na sadist! lipsrsealed

👆

1 Like

Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by coputa(m): 12:20pm On Feb 14
KnowAll:

Are you not referring to Erastus Akingbola
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by WantsandMore: 12:52pm On Feb 14
Na gist dey bring gist, the never before spoken stories of the Nigeria financial sector. E b like those control social media cos you hardly hear of controversial publishing prints or otherwise
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by KnowAll(m): 1:23pm On Feb 14
coputa:
Are you not referring to Erastus Akingbola

Yes Erastus Akingbola

1 Like

Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by Olawade24: 1:46pm On Feb 14
OP no kill me with carcass oh.

Wetin carcass get to do with banking. Choi grin
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by KnowAll(m): 1:56pm On Feb 14
Olawade24:
OP no kill me with carcass oh.

Wetin carcass get to do with banking. Choi grin

You don’t know what they call asset stripping by venture capitalists. U need to go read about it.

1 Like

Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by Olawade24: 3:09pm On Feb 14
KnowAll:

You don’t know what they call asset stripping by venture capitalists. U need to go read about it.

OK sir. I guess you might be a PhD holder.

Some respect!!!
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:34pm On Feb 14
An official of the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation, Mr Paul Akali, told the Federal High Court in Lagos on Friday that Access Bank owed the now-defunct Intercontinental Bank N14.2bn as of the time it went under.

Akali, a member of the NDIC team that investigated Intercontinental Bank for regulatory infractions in May 2009, told the court that despite the N14.2bn debt, the distressed Intercontinental Bank was sold to Access Bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The probe and indictment of Intercontinental Bank, as well as the removal of then-Managing Director, Dr Erastus Akingbola, happened under the watch of Lamido Sanusi as the CBN Governor.

Akingbola is being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission before the court for an alleged fraud of N179bn.

The EFCC alleged that Akingbola used N179bn belonging to the now-defunct Intercontinental Bank for “fictitious transactions.”

Fielding questions under cross-examination by Akingbola’s lawyer, Prof Taiwo Osipitan (SAN), Akali told the court that while going through Intercontinental Bank’s books in May 2009, his team discovered that Access Bank was indebted to Intercontinental Bank in the sum of N14.2bn.

Apart from this, he said his team also found that contrary to the law, then-Managing Director and Deputy Managing Director of Access Bank, Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede and Herbert Wigwe were directors of a private company also indebted to Intercontinental Bank.

Akali said, “When you are the MD of a bank, you are not expected to be a director in any other company that is not a subsidiary of the bank. Incidentally, I was a member of the team that conducted special examination on Access Bank. I raised some issues with Access Bank with the MD and DMD of Access Bank; that they were directors of a company. They denied the allegation; they said they resigned from the company in March 2008. But we were not satisfied with their explanation. We told them that evidence before us showed that they were still directors of that company; and we indicted them for being directors of a company that borrowed from Intercontinental Bank.

We indicted them in our special report for that borrowing. Incidentally, Akingbola was also a director of two companies that borrowed from Access Bank. The companies had an outstanding balance of N9.28bn.

“If we had examined Access Bank before examining Intercontinental Bank, we would have equally indicted Akingbola for being a director of two companies that were not subsidiaries of the bank. What they did was back-to-back borrowing.”

When Osipitan asked Akali to confirm that in spite of the indictment of Access Bank’s MD and DMD, the CBN still sold Intercontinental Bank to Access Bank, Akali said, “It was long after our report that the CBN sold Intercontinental Bank to Access Bank.

AfonjaEkiti:

Business is business.

1 Like

Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by gaby(m): 4:25pm On Feb 14
So, Erasmus Redeem God kill Redeem Herbert?

Ayam trying to understand the Redeem God.

2 Likes

Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by KnowAll(m): 5:07pm On Feb 14
gaby:
So, Erasmus Redeem God kill Redeem Herbert?

Ayam trying to understand the Redeem God.

Look it is not Herbert‘d fault, he bought a caused bank which was stripped bare bone by powers that be. Herbert bought d carcass but there is a. cause in the origin of that purchase.
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:59pm On Feb 14
KnowAll:

Herbert wigwe was also a redeem pastor like Erastus.
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by KnowAll(m): 7:22pm On Feb 14
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Herbert wigwe was also a redeem pastor like Erastus.

Because u take over your brethens’s property does not give you grace. Go and study grace. If d foundation is bad, every other thing is bad.
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by Femmyfamous4u(m): 10:32pm On Feb 14
AfonjaEkiti:

Business is business.

You don't know background story. Intercontinental bank lent Access Bank 16b it could not pay . As at that time, the bank was the largest with over 350 branches across the country. Sanusi sold intercontinental bank at 50b. AIG Imoukuede;s mother in-law was in charge at Bank of Industry. Everything was facilitated.
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by Miletuss: 11:45pm On Feb 14
Herbert Wigwe was a promising Banker but then I do not know much about his person when he was alive and cannot put the blame on him.

Look at Elumelu and Standard bank too, alot of them.

I've always frowned at roles that he and other bank owners played in the Nigerian financial misfortune, except we all want to shy away from the truth.

I pray God forgives and rest his soul. You can read more about him here;
https://oldnaijahistory.com.ng/herbert-wigwe/
Re: “Do Not Touch My Annoiting” Did Herbert Take Over Eratus’s Bank” by etrange: 4:38am On Feb 15
OP, the expression is "do not touch my anointed"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biro Pen Supplier / Do Nigerians Buy Goods Online? / Do I Sue The Owner Of Learnsmart.com.ng??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.