Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,992 members, 7,845,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC (28384 Views)

Politicians Have Enjoyed Enough, It’s Now People’s Turn – Otti / Betta Edu: Suspension Of A Minister Is A Rare Occurrence In Nigeria - BBC / Lagos Traffic Jams Disappear But This Isn't Good News For Nigeria - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by PureFace1(m): 9:28am On Feb 15
I laugh at most Nigerians foolishness.

The current economic crisis Nigeria is facing is inevitable no matter who became the president. CBN no longer have billion of dollars to keep defending the naira, no matter who became the president either Peter Obi or Atiku would have make the same decision as Tinubu by floating the naira when they see what Buhari left in CBN treasury. There's a reason why Tinubu is going hard on Emefiele it is no longer about the Cashless Policy but most Nigerians can't read the handwriting on the wall.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by able20(m): 9:33am On Feb 15
By the time Mr Tinubu finishes destroying the economy maybe Nigerians will learn to follow those who know road.
For now....... Up up Tinubu, up up Muslim -Muslim ticket.
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Streetdoctor: 9:53am On Feb 15
Botragelad:
Tell these people to stop having too many kids. You keep popping out kids you can't look after then you moan about it.

Why wouldn't there be a rise in poverty and crime when the kids lose hope and resort to other ways to survive.
Blame ur damn and useless govt and stop blaming d parents
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by killsmith(f): 9:56am On Feb 15
Instead of protesting against hardship. The people of SS, SE and Middlebelt should protest for restructuring or total seperation. We cannot continue to share a nation with the gullible ronus and abokis who are allies and willing tools to the criminals in power

4 Likes

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Gbogbowa: 9:57am On Feb 15
I have seen this in the South West people come to party to pack left over food from people s plate,I asked one of them what they want to do with it and she said that is what they eat to survive I was shocked.APC has succeeded in turning many to Alumajiri

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:59am On Feb 15
happney65:
In 2015. We told them in simple and basic English.

You do not remove a nagging wife which was GEJ and replace her with a road side prostitute. It was the analogy I gave them.

I told my friends voting for these people then that you do not on no occasion vote for a Buhari.

A Buhari is the road side prostitute who will sleep with your neighbors and friends.

Either you replace GEJ with someone better or you leave him there. The ones coming will make things worst for us. His antecedents are glaring.

But with stupid emotions,they didn't listen so some of us stayed away from the polls in 2015. I wasn't ready to vote for GEJ again,but it would be over my dead body I would vote for Buhari because I know who exactly he was.

Coming down to 2023, The one taking over from him was even worst than him. All he said was Emilokan. He never promised us anything whatsoever.

It was just about him and his EGO. While a candidate was telling you and telling us we have to move from consumption to production. Mr Emilokan proudly said " shey na statistics we go chop"

How a presidential candidate can say that and so callee educated people still voted and campaigned for him is one of the wonders of the 21st century

24hours before his inaguration. I said it in black and white on my status that he will be worst than Buhari. Apart from the fact that he said he would continue from where Buhari stopped, Himself and Buhari are nothing but birds of the same feather

The Economy that was the fastest growing in Africa when they got power,has turned to the poverty capital of the world and our people are now poorer than they have ever been since 1960

See,This is just the beginning. We haven't started and we haven't seen anything yet at all

Brace up fellow Nigerians!

Gej himself in his campaign words told Nigerians to choose between moving forward or backwards, choose between old ways or new Era, he told us clear not to listen to those only interested in grabbing power through bitterness, what happened? Jonathan was abandoned, ASO Rock became deserted, we choose evil and now paying the price, fast forward to 2023, how can someone see evil face to face and still chuk head? Nigeriana deserve what they get, my condolences are with those of us who told them but they called us bastaaaads son of Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Botragelad: 12:37pm On Feb 15
Streetdoctor:

Blame ur damn and useless govt and stop blaming d parents
Your government?
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by LeeSmart: 12:39pm On Feb 15
They allow religious sentiment to cloud their sense of reasoning, na all of us the face am now
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by newnigerdelta00: 12:53pm On Feb 15
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by ComeToJesus: 12:54pm On Feb 15
BBC dey find Onanuga trouble. He will tell them how their mama conceive them.

Omockery and Bwala go waka neked pray for BBC
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by newnigerdelta00: 12:54pm On Feb 15
PlanetZero:
It is so obvious now thst the political class are so heartless. Expecially this demonic APC

Owner mumu o ,so anything bloggers write owner go just believe their rubbish....why government nor go take owner play, owner mumu too much
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by eepeepook: 12:56pm On Feb 15
Yes, Caucasians, reach far into your bottoms for news to paint former territories as hapless without your presence. I swear, I hate these former colonists.
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Winning123: 12:56pm On Feb 15
happney65:

You do not remove a nagging wife which was GEJ and replace her with a road side prostitute. It was the analogy I gave them.

I told my friends voting for these people then that you do not on no occasion vote for a Buhari.

A Buhari is the road side prostitute who will sleep with your neighbors and friends.

Either you replace GEJ with someone better or you leave him there. The ones coming will make things worst for us. His antecedents are glaring.

But with stupid emotions,they didn't listen so some of us stayed away from the polls in 2015. I wasn't ready to vote for GEJ again,but it would be over my dead body I would vote for Buhari because I know who exactly he was.

Coming down to 2023, The one taking over from him was even worst than him. All he said was Emilokan. He never promised us anything whatsoever.

It was just about him and his EGO. While a candidate was telling you and telling us we have to move from consumption to production. Mr Emilokan proudly said " shey na statistics we go chop"

How a presidential candidate can say that and so callee educated people still voted and campaigned for him is one of the wonders of the 21st century

24hours before his inaguration. I said it in black and white on my status that he will be worst than Buhari. Apart from the fact that he said he would continue from where Buhari stopped, Himself and Buhari are nothing but birds of the same feather

The Economy that was the fastest growing in Africa when they got power,has turned to the poverty capital of the world and our people are now poorer than they have ever been since 1960

See,This is just the beginning. We haven't started and we haven't seen anything yet at all

Idiot is still talking about Jonathan in 2024!

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by newnigerdelta00: 12:56pm On Feb 15
BigBlackPreek:
Clueless and confused government

Nigeria has gone to the dogs indeed and only God can redeem the whole systems SMH

Only your name shows you are the clueless and the dog
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by MemphitzDgreat1(m): 12:56pm On Feb 15
Peter Obi told Northerners that he will devote more time, energy & resources in the North if elected president. He told them the vast lands in the North is Nigeria's greatest Gold mine. He said the North will flow in milk & honey, but they said no.

Now, dem don dey chop leaves and feeds for poultry and fisheries farming🤣🤣🤣
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Savedday2: 1:00pm On Feb 15
This is really terrible! I feel for these people. God please have mercy!
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by dalass(f): 1:00pm On Feb 15
happney65:

This is all shades of wickedness. Gloating while people are groaning. I wonder the joy people derive from this gloating because they pretend as if e no consign them. Anyways, it is well.

E go favour me and family.. tongue

1 Like

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by ShenTeh(m): 1:01pm On Feb 15
NLCreator:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-68272830

Every time I see the suffering that we are passing through as Nigerians I remember that video of Pastor David Ibiyiome warning Nigerians of the dangers ahead if APC is elected into power again.

O ti doju e nsihin.
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by koribobo: 1:01pm On Feb 15
Sheuns:
The politicians still see nothing wrong in the country. They go about their daily business.
The Nigerian youths are not ready cos if they are by now ,we should be experiencing a very strong but revolution rather prefer government from the comfort of their home.
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by coputa(m): 1:04pm On Feb 15
Sctests:
Na serious die una dey..

Let the poor Nigerian die. They are the worst voters. Nature is simply doing it's natural cleansing of taking away idiots from the equation. The one's with good brains will survive, while the ones who are swayed by a cup rice and a N1,000 during the election will be removed from the equation.

In the next election, idiotic politicians won't have mass poverty-stricken idiots who they can bribe en mass, if hunger kills them off.

All things work together for good.

Elections have consequences.
Stop repeating this senseless narrative in every thread,it doesn't make sense
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Vischy: 1:04pm On Feb 15
happney65:

This is so emotional,I felt like crying while reading.😢God bless you immensely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Carlylepneuma: 1:05pm On Feb 15
happney65:

I told my friends voting for these people then that you do not on no occasion vote for a Buhari. Mr, the problem wasn't the prostitute or the nagging wife, even if u bring a saint in the house there is nothing that could be done to amend the prevailing economic melt down. The whole world is facing these problems and if u ask me, there are people who in one way or the other influence these problem and they are surely taking advantage of these problems to achieve certain selfish needs of theres. My theory thou

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by WorkaholicB(m): 1:07pm On Feb 15
NLCreator:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-68272830

The greatest problem of the northern Nigerian population is ignorance. If they know that election is a serious business, they will not be putting religion and ethnicity into consideration during voting. They will look at track records and competence. Now the north is suffering more than other regions. Meanwhile they are the ones using underage to rig election for incompetent old men and woman..

1 Like

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by AkpaMgbor(m): 1:07pm On Feb 15
happney65:

You’re a kindred spirit! The analogy I used back then in 2015 was that you can’t cut of your nose to spite your face. I told them that it was better to stay one place when in doubt than to start going backward, voting Jonathan may have caused us to stay one place( for a while) but voting buhari definitely was going to take us backwards. The antecedents was there, you didn’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out. There’s no justifiable reason for anyone born before or after buhari’s stint as a military head of state to say he or she didn’t know about the man. His history was in plain white and black for all to know and make a sound voting choice.

5 Likes

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Carlylepneuma: 1:07pm On Feb 15
happney65:

Mr, the problem wasn't the prostitute or the nagging wife, even if u bring a saint in the house there is nothing that could be done to amend the prevailing economic melt down. The whole world is facing these problems and if u ask me, there are people who in one way or the other influence these problem and they are surely taking advantage of these problems to achieve certain selfish needs of theres. My theory thou
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Benrosaria(m): 1:07pm On Feb 15
Soon we will have meals with human body parts on our plate
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by lexy2014: 1:08pm On Feb 15
Botragelad:

Mate, how can you be in dire poverty and keep having kids you can't look after. Isn't that being daft.

It's more of a vicious circle that keeps the parents and the children in pain and trouble. It's pointless to have more kids than you can care for, as it only makes things worse and harder.
It would be more wise and responsible to have fewer kids, or none at all, until you are ready and able to give them a proper and respectable life.

is it only people with many kids that are suffering in Nigeria?
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Adakintroy: 1:08pm On Feb 15
Jonathan is great.

Hunger go beat this truth out of them

Jonathan no good ..whats the way forward? Let's put 2 consecutive old men.

Tribalism kill una there...! Owere!

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Vischy: 1:08pm On Feb 15
if Buhari's tenure did nothing to warn you about APC, then you need serious deliverance

As this economic crises is not enough,some cursed fools will still vote for APC 2027.

To your tent O Israel will be the best thing for Nigeria at this point, everyone can rule each other and get the leaders they want.
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by lexy2014: 1:09pm On Feb 15
dalass:

This is all shades of wickedness. Gloating while people are groaning. I wonder the joy people derive from this gloating because they pretend as if e no consign them. Anyways, it is well.

E go favour me and family.. tongue

how did he gloat?

is he the one responsible for the groaning that you say people are groaning?
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by mukthar2000(m): 1:10pm On Feb 15
But they have never come out to brocast all this when their sai BABA was president. Set of hypocrites.
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Vischy: 1:10pm On Feb 15
Carlylepneuma:
Mr, the problem wasn't the prostitute or the nagging wife, even if u bring a saint in the house there is nothing that could be done to amend the prevailing economic melt down. The whole world is facing these problems and if u ask me, there are people who in one way or the other influence these problem and they are surely taking advantage of these problems to achieve certain selfish needs of theres. My theory thou

What's now our concern with what the whole world is facing,ehn shameless Agbado miscreant. You guys are the reason Nigerians are suffering.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nneoma Okorocha Donates A Bungalow To A Widow In Owerri Today (Photos) / Sherrif Oborevwori Emerges Delta State PDP Guber Candidate / Adamu Garba To APC: New Party Won Lesotho, Don't Underestimate Obidients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.