Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity (22559 Views)

Reps Approve Bill To Create State Police, Security Outfits / Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown / Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by tnerro1(m): 8:06pm On Feb 15
If I join state police and I see any Fulani inside our forest, o ti lo oooo
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by goslowgoslow(m): 8:06pm On Feb 15
Ategberoson:

Vigilante are mostly the personnel that will be used for the creation of the state police and some interested youths

Govs had been using police to do their shady work, so that shouldn't stop the reason for the creation

We've right activist that will always caution the excesses of the gov

State police is just very important, if plateau had state police, benue indigene dominate their state police, how will one insider come in to hurt them? The era of security agencies bias will be over in middle belt
I agree with your last point, that is the only good accept of it.
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by pacespot(m): 8:16pm On Feb 15
This is the best move by this government so far. State police not only helps in the fortifications of security within the state but also helps in the devolution of powers to the states to check the excesses of the center.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by AncientAlien(m): 8:19pm On Feb 15
tommy589:
Political opponents should be preparing for extinction
Federal government dey use Nigeria police too. Let's have state police and strengthen our security.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by Lovit(m): 8:31pm On Feb 15
If only to combat Fulani incursions into the south, it is a welcome idea

The federal police has been inefficient largely because the North and Abuja controls the states security architecture. The IGPs, DSS chiefs and the COAS has been largely northerners who are aiding banditry and Boko Haram.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by TheGift: 8:33pm On Feb 15
Gjrich:
FG And State Governors Agreed To Creat State Police To Combat Insecurity.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/02/15/tinubu-state-govs-mull-state-police?amp=1

This is the most relevant and logical plan that the so called jagaban has,? at least , outlined.
What’s next?
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:38pm On Feb 15
chigoziri2403:
Hope there won't be any conflict of interest
nNa don Start, we clamour for this for many years, now approved, you start another stories. Wetin be your problem?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by Kay25(m): 8:39pm On Feb 15
MADIFF:
I must join this state police why any means necessary and destroy enemies of my state, wetin no happen inside my state no concern me. grin
Talk say u won dey road dey collect ur shares
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by RosyIsBlessed: 8:43pm On Feb 15
Long overdue
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by Mercury12(m): 8:44pm On Feb 15
Nice one ...
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by BondRiv: 8:48pm On Feb 15
It will end in tears. Governors being who they are. Pity.
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by HBB1(m): 8:52pm On Feb 15
Abbeyme:
Lol. Dey play.

That will not solve nada. It’ll only make state governments and officials siphon more funds.

So what alternative do you suggest?
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by Obinoscopy(m): 8:54pm On Feb 15
Very good development. However, the rules must be well spelt out so that it won't be used for political or personal benefits.

It's also high time the government pumped more money into the police force and employed more educated and specialized officers who are professionals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by Patojargz: 8:59pm On Feb 15
Well groomed and oriented officers no b 2 pack criminals full there else things will get complicated...
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by bizzibodi(m): 9:05pm On Feb 15
Even d northern states that always play d ostriches
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by uzhiyeka(m): 9:18pm On Feb 15
Cut a tree and it will grow again, cut the root and it will die off.
Unemployment is the root.
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by TemmyT002(m): 9:22pm On Feb 15
Finally
But retrain these current police officer o
Retrain them ooo
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by zeyt: 9:23pm On Feb 15
Another disaster in waiting. useful tool for politicians at state level to harass and intimidate opposition. And above all initial plan to prepare the ground for Nigeria breakup.
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by WorldRichest: 9:25pm On Feb 15
Tinubu is Restructuring without making noise.
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by WorldRichest: 9:28pm On Feb 15
forgiveness:
This is the way to go. I like the way the Federal government is able to bring the state governments together to deliberate and agree on this particular security architect of state and federal police.

Tinubu fought vigorously and single handedly for state police. He will definitely implement it. Omo Alhaja Mogaji is Restructuring without making noise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by WorldRichest: 9:28pm On Feb 15
zeyt:
Another disaster in waiting. useful tool for politicians at state level to harass and intimidate opposition. And above all initial plan to prepare the ground for Nigeria breakup.

Shey federal government no abuse federal police ni? Let states too abuse state police nah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by WorldRichest: 9:29pm On Feb 15
BondRiv:
It will end in tears. Governors being who they are. Pity.

Presidents too have been abusing federal police, let states too abuse state police
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by MamaletASO: 9:43pm On Feb 15
Capital judgement is the solution
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by DigitB: 9:48pm On Feb 15
[quote author=holluwizzy post=128471076][/quote]

China law?

Enlighten me please
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by greypencils: 9:49pm On Feb 15
That's good. This way, amotekun can be fully armed with the most sophisticated weapons.
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by greypencils: 9:56pm On Feb 15
skj1377:
During election state police will work for ruling party. Opposition will be arrested , harassed and intimidated .
That one dey, what is of more importance is ridding the forests of kidnappers and killer herdsmen. If election intimidation is to be the opportunity cost, so be it.

1 Like

Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by greypencils: 9:59pm On Feb 15
Ategberoson:

I'm more interested in my safety in my state of residence and of course origin

A Fulani won't have any power to come and hurt in my state, he will be deal with and no Abuja to his rescue because he will be judge within the state court jurisdiction
Thank you.
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by Patrioticman007(m): 10:00pm On Feb 15
Anguldi:
I prefer neighborhood watch with automatic rifles tongue

Tribal and political oppression will begin in states

This is the weapon that will finally lead to 2nd civil war in Nigeria and it will start from south east state, state Police invading another south eastern state.
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by soccerlite: 10:03pm On Feb 15
Talk is cheap

Agreeing is nothing

When is the framework for implementation
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by Ken4Christ: 10:23pm On Feb 15
The Constitution has to be amended first. What if those opposing it are more because terrorism is a joint venture business.
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by whitejs: 10:27pm On Feb 15
Bovis:

The arguments against state police is flawed because police officers can be redeployed outside their usual states of operation during elections. Additionally, states police can be made accountable to the federal (IG) of police instead of state governors. The constitution can always be amended

But we want the state police to serve the state well esp this herdsmen and other insecurity

If they are made accountable to the federal pol (IG)
then how possible
Re: FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity by whitejs: 10:29pm On Feb 15
cescky:
rigging/armed robbery/assasination machines about to be created

thie-fnubu will finish nigeria,....

so tell me, what will state police do differently from fed police...

tinubu is just about to cement his hold on nigeria for the next 50 years.....alas he will meet God for his judgement

So what should be the solution to the insecurity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Return Your Loot To Experience Peace – Buhari Tells Looters / Assets Declaration: Supreme Court Upholds Saraki’s Appeal, Frees Him Of Charges / "Politicians Buy AK47, Weapons For Herdsmen" - Miyetti Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.