Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,840 members, 7,844,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? (557 Views)

Avoid A Narcissist At All Cost, My Experience. A Must Read. / My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin / Who Is A Narcissist And How Are You Sure You Are Not Dating Or About To Date One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by JTCHI: 7:56pm On Feb 15
Does a narcissist ever know that they are one? Will they accept or defend themselves eventually you made them know about it?

Currently, am dating one now. Of course I have read about narcissist behavior but it is quite unusual we have gone far. I doubt she knows herself well cause I want to call her out a narcissist to her face. However, I need some reactions here.
Re: Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by Uncle96(m): 8:00pm On Feb 15
JTCHI:
Does a narcissist ever know that they are one? Will they accept or defend themselves eventually you made them know about it?

Currently, am dating one now. Of course I have read about narcissist behavior but it is quite unusual we have gone far. I doubt she knows herself well cause I want to call her out a narcissist to her face. However, I need some reactions here.

I'm dating one also and trust me , I know all your pains. They will put you through hell on earth. Bitter and angry humans, only happy a few times, manipulative thinking. And they mostly don't like admitting that they are narcissistic.

4 Likes

Re: Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by Blackestjunior(m): 8:02pm On Feb 15
Bleepp

Not sure

Ego driven people,

Strong head people

I too know people... ITK

Just tell her to her face unless you be SIMPle man.

6 Likes

Re: Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by JTCHI: 8:09pm On Feb 15
Blackestjunior:
Bleepp

Not sure

Ego driven people,

Strong head people

I too know people... ITK

Just tell her to her face unless you be SIMPle man.

Am not a simp,,, man!!!
Re: Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by Dyfynezz12(m): 8:27pm On Feb 15
They will mess with ur mental health

3 Likes

Re: Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by Dexy4yah(m): 8:32pm On Feb 15
Narcissist doesn't see themselves as one...
Anything they do is the right thing to them as long as they derive happiness from it not minding weda their partner's feelings is hurt or not.

Stay away from a narcissist...they will take away your peace of mind and make you a sadist

5 Likes

Re: Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by Brandiebird: 8:36pm On Feb 15
Ask yourself does a schizophrenic know that they are schizophrenic before they are diagnosed and treated? Same thing.

1 Like

Re: Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by 4mee: 8:39pm On Feb 15
it takes one to know one
Re: Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by Uncle96(m): 8:48pm On Feb 15
4mee:
it takes one to know one

No fool, it doesn't .

2 Likes

Re: Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by Uncle96(m): 8:51pm On Feb 15
Brandiebird:
Ask yourself does a schizophrenic know that they are schizophrenic before they are diagnosed and treated? Same thing.

Co
Re: Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by Justkatty(f): 8:54pm On Feb 15
Dyfynezz12:
They will mess with ur mental health
Most times I see them as devils.
If you've been with one before or now you'll understand. Most times it is advised you leave no matter what it may cause, atleast for the sake of your mental health.

2 Likes

Re: Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by Brandiebird: 8:55pm On Feb 15
Uncle96:

You have a point. I'm sorry, I did my research.
it’s cool, I responded too quickly ☺️
Re: Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by Uncle96(m): 8:58pm On Feb 15
Brandiebird:

It’s not a comparison, rather an analogy to illustrate that people with mental health problems or personality disorders are oblivious to their conditions until the symptoms become dysfunctional.

You have a point. I'm sorry, I did my research.
Re: Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by Nonexisting: 9:08pm On Feb 15
They don't, especially vaginarians. Even if you correct or try to advise her, she will take offense and abuse you. Sometimes, they may feel guilty and apologize especially when you satisfy their need or give them the attention they seek. But even inside the apology, they will still blame you for being the cause of their bad attitude so that will rob the apology of its good intent. Brother, run now before it's too late. A venomous snake will always poison its prey no matter how gentle it bites it.

5 Likes

Re: Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by Franzinni: 9:13pm On Feb 15
They know but they are to self absolved to care ... They are like vampires that suck the life out of thier victims unless you educate yourself about them, you are doomed

3 Likes

Re: Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by JTCHI: 11:33pm On Feb 15
Dexy4yah:
Narcissist doesn't see themselves as one...
Anything they do is the right thing to them as long as they derive happiness from it not minding weda their partner's feelings is hurt or not.

Stay away from a narcissist...they will take away your peace of mind and make you a sadist

Exactly, to her it seems that I hate the good part of hers instead of accepting criticisms.

1 Like

Re: Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by Demigod22: 4:53pm On Feb 16
Sadly, they are very ignorant of their personality disorder, even the harm it caused their victim. A mad always think he is well and the average person is mad to him.

I dated one like that in school, that was the last relationship I was intentional about. She will wreck you mentally to the point you will question your sanity. They are emotional abusers, mental torturer, and gaslighting.

I ran for my life. Later on, I realized that so many people are toxic and emotionally/ mentally damaged, and because Nigeria doesn't place importance on mental health, we take it for granted.

4 Likes

Re: Does A Narcissist Ever Know That They Are One? by DrFunmisticGlow: 6:04pm On Feb 16
JTCHI:

they do to some extent. Besides l, they have no incentive to change.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top Traits Of An Alpha Man / ''CHEATERS'' Comes To Town / Am Happy To Be A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.