Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,998 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" (8994 Views)

Sit At Home: Why Has Nigerian Government Failed To Arrest Simon Ekpa? / Tinubu: Nigerians Don’t Want Failed Promises Repackaged And Fed To Them Again / Throwback Cartoon Of Failed Promises By Buhari On A Loaf Of Bread- Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by membranus: 7:09am On Feb 16
ASUU should hide his gun for now. Don't add to us parents headache. The government is broke, and no money to pamper ASUU, and there is hunger in the land.
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by bluefilm: 7:10am On Feb 16
princepeter566:
I think tinubu is a blessing I disguise to Nigeria. Tinubu is the reward of wrong electoral choice.
He built Lagos and South Africa. He'll build Nigeria.
The other day I heard some of his northern supporters are now IDPs in Niger republic because of hunger

Please stop exaggerating.

He did not build South Africa

He only built Lagos and USA

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by Customised3(f): 7:13am On Feb 16
Do well yo contact us for your school projects, dissertation, thesis, proposal, PowerPoint.
Check signature for details
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by bluefilm: 7:15am On Feb 16
HateBigots:
Everything have collapsed under Bulaba in less than a yeargrin grin ... imagine how things would be in 8 years time

That's what is normally expected when you bend the will of the people, just because you can

Even if the people cannot rise up against you because they have been subdued, the gods certainly will...

Vox populi; vox Dei
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by Chikemn: 7:16am On Feb 16
[b]More than 200 PhD holders, about 40 professors wrote the results for the presidential election and more than 1500 ASUU members for the other elections. They must enjoy the govt they gave to Nigerians.

Nwodosis:
Na ASUU member brought in the government of the day, let them not come and disturb our peace .
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by Angelfrost(m): 7:16am On Feb 16
tuzle:
shockingly most school fees of federal universities is still not up to $100.

Here we go again with this Dollar comparison.

Okay, how much is the minimum wage in Dollars?!! cool

1 Like

Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by Reelmii: 7:21am On Feb 16
Every sector of tge economy is now complaining
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by membranus: 7:24am On Feb 16
StatisticianDr:

Do you pay the money to ASUU or FG?

ASUU lecturers are their school administrators too. So they should use part of the increased fees they placed on their students to settle their needs formerly placed on the FG.

All federal universities are now money mongers, unlike before. They should therefore use the excessive money they are now generating, besides their FG allocations, to take care of their academic and infrastructural needs.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by Reelmii: 7:25am On Feb 16
adyam:

That $100 is a huge amount to an average Nigerian
u are very correct....i liquidated $282 from my investment and i was shocked to get over 400k....
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by Chikpat(m): 7:28am On Feb 16
Zetty177x:

Who be that ASUU member? Oshiomole?

Professor Mahmood Yakubu
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by Folzye(m): 7:31am On Feb 16
you mean after increasing tuition fees by over 100 percent, Nigeria is just a joke
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by PJ123: 7:34am On Feb 16
These ASUU people are not serious, they're just too selfish. People are fighting for survival, they're talking about repositioning the University. Would the University operate outside the prevailing economy? They should fight for repositioning the economy? And then university issues would naturally be solved.
Of what use is increasing their salaries by any percent with current state of the economy? Bag of cement is 8300.
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by Brushstrokes20: 7:37am On Feb 16
Your STUPIDITY must be nafdac certified for you to believe in any thing from the useless govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS!

eBOLA is all shades of disasters! 💯💯💯

1 Like

Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by obesse: 7:38am On Feb 16
tuzle:
What is shocking about it? How much did you pay per session if you attended a Nigerian Federal University?
I paid 38 Naira per session as tuition fee in a federal university. A Hostel accommodation was 70 Naira per session.
Many of my mates who are currently holding public offices paid similar amounts. Some of the public office holders enjoyed Scholarship to study abroad; everything paid for by the federal government! Most of the public office holders enjoyed highly subsidized tertiary education.
So, why should current undergraduates be treated differently. Is good education no longer a right of the bonafide citizen?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by adyam: 7:39am On Feb 16
Reelmii:
u are very correct....i liquidated $282 from my investment and i was shocked to get over 400k....

The current situation in Nigeria is that numerous individuals desire a continuous decline in the value of the naira because they stand to gain a significant amount of naira when exchanging their dollars.
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by Judolisco(m): 7:48am On Feb 16
Nwodosis:
Na ASUU member brought in the government of the day, let them not come and disturb our peace .
which ASUU members? ASUU has gone on strike under every administration since 1999...
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by Reelmii: 7:48am On Feb 16
adyam:

The current situation in Nigeria is that numerous individuals desire a continuous decline in the value of the naira because they stand to gain a significant amount of naira when exchanging their dollars.
the government really need to look for a way to make naira appreciate again....because it is really affecting the citizens
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by Franking: 8:03am On Feb 16
Government prefers to spend money on frivolities.

Make una nor gree.
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by emonis88: 8:05am On Feb 16
bluefilm:

Please stop exaggerating.

He did not build South Africa

He only built Lagos and USA
With hunger, insecurity, high exchange rate, currency loosing value, CFA is even has more value than Naira.
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by nkemjacob2(m): 8:14am On Feb 16
It was ASUU that brought this calamity to us
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by FireUpNow(m): 8:25am On Feb 16
bonechamberlain:
Nigeria is about to collapse.

It hasn't collapsed before? It's not a new thing anymore
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by ViceGovernor: 8:29am On Feb 16
easyfem:
so ASUU is trying to go back on strike again , omoooooo

shege banzaaa
If they try it we will have the military shoot them like the terrorists they are.
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by Trustedpronet: 8:35am On Feb 16
They have 100% reason to go on strike. The salary is poor and increase of utilities has eaten deep into the pockets of teachers and lecturers. I only pity hardworking parent. Wetin we go do?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by zoedew: 8:40am On Feb 16
ASUU is just waking up now after the largely conscienceless and roguish National Assembly just spent N160 million on each legislator buying SUVS for themselves. Such times call for Labour Unions to rise up and block waste by declaring strikes to checkmate waste and corruption. Imagine how much in dollars was spent buying those vehicles!
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by Charly68: 8:56am On Feb 16
Whegn unfaithful men take over power what you see is failed promises..that has been our problem in Africa.. We thought Buhari has integrity until he came and destroyed everything with his pretencious fraudulent teams
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by Emman08: 9:37am On Feb 16
Did they trust the government before?? grin grin
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by Love800(m): 10:39am On Feb 16
What do u mean by increase of utilities?
Trustedpronet:
They have 100% reason to go on strike. The salary is poor and increase of utilities has eaten deep into the pockets of teachers and lecturers. I only pity hardworking parent. Wetin we go do?
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by chicoMX(m): 10:46am On Feb 16
StatisticianDr:

Do you pay the money to ASUU or FG?

The money is paid to the school.
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:57am On Feb 16
We want total lockdown
Re: ASUU Raises Alarm Over Government’s "Failed Promises" by Connected1: 11:35am On Feb 16
tuzle:
You be Mumu.

Big One.

Idiot.

If you like report my account.

Minimum wage is less than $20 and you think someone will use their 6 months salary untouched to pay for School Fees of their wards.

You are mad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2011 Presidential Elections: Results From Up North- CPC calling the shots so far / Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office / Emmanuel Samuel Nanle Dies In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.