Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah (12950 Views)

Israeli Airstrike In Rafah Kills At Least 9 Palestinians, Including 6 Children / Benjamin Netanyahu: 'We Will Finish The Job In Rafah' ( Video, Pics) / ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by successman100: 10:41am On Feb 17
I think Sout Africa is now a terrorist sympathizer and financial going by their resent attitudes in the committee of Nations.

2 Likes

Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by Krismas(m): 10:53am On Feb 17
KelGraphicz:
South Africa so desperate to be a global power grin
But in reality they are still πŸ‘‰πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘

A country that is still in modern day slavery , and has 7 of it's cities ranked as the most dangerous in the world is worried about Israel . I even heard they sent there boys cadet soldiers to congo and recorded 3 fatality in less than 2days 🀣
grin South Africa is better than your GENERATOR REPUBLIC grin
You think live end here on NL?
Go out and see how much your USELESS Israel is despised!
Lovers of the DRUGGY state of Israel grin grin grin

Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by Broveens42(m): 10:53am On Feb 17
sgtponzihater1:
Unfortunately South Africa is calling the wrath of God upon itself.

The deadliest thing to do is to fight Israel. The most high says He will curse who ever curses Israel, and bless whoever blesses Israel.

I don't see South Africa making any meaningful progress from now on, except they repent and the most compassionate God will forgive them , and save them from the destructive path they are threading on.

No! The deadliest thing to do is embrace ignorance and delusion, caused by man made religion.

Go and drop bomb in any part of north Korea and let's check if God will forgive you

2 Likes

Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by TenQ: 10:57am On Feb 17
Botragelad:

Source:
https://www.timesofisrael.com/top-un-court-rejects-south-african-request-for-urgent-measures-to-safeguard-rafah/amp/
A king that did not know Joseph on the Throne!

Don't forget that a few decades ago, both Israel and Apartheid South African government jointly developed their atomic bomb and nuclear energy.

Of course, the nuclear capability and knowledge is dismantled and with the white South Africans while the blacks who by population alone got power are barking like dogs everywhere!
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by Egbeda1(m): 10:59am On Feb 17
I'm surprised the usual south africans that are quick to defend their BS are nowhere to be found in this thread lol
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by fx45(m): 11:01am On Feb 17
Exousiang01:

You obviously thought this crisis started with the attack from HAMAS, go back check your history books, take a look at the map of Israel from a 100 years ago, even from Bible times and compare that map to what you have now.
What you call Israel didn't even exist till a few years ago.
Some of us have been following this for years and we saw this attack on Israel coming, no body with a shred of dignity would have held on for that long.

Just go check your history books, then you will understand that Israel is not the victim here
Shut the Fvck up! Which history do you know? What is Palestine? Has there ever been any State known as Palestine in the history of mankind?

Roman colonialists displaced the Jews and renamed their land Syria Palestina. The Arabs claiming Palestinians now migrated to the area following the conquest of Judea by the Ottoman Turks. In reality they are the occupiers and that is why Israel has kicked their arse out of the land. They have zero history in that place and it is not and can never be their land

2 Likes

Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by Exousiang01: 11:05am On Feb 17
fx45:
Shut the Fvck up! Which history do you know? What is Palestine? Has there ever been any State known as Palestine in the history of mankind?

Roman colonialists displaced the Jews and renamed their land Syria Palestina. The Arabs claiming Palestinians now are Arabs that migrated to the area following the conquest of Judea by the Ottoman Turks. They have zero history in that place and it is not and can never be their land

Would have tried to reason with you, but shouting insults instead of bringing up a superior argument puts you in the same class with my dog, what you did.... this is the same way he barks at strangers. You have not acted any different.
Unfortunately you are even a wild one, no cage
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by Beigalodesigns(m): 11:07am On Feb 17
Exousiang01:

You obviously thought this crisis started with the attack from HAMAS, go back check your history books, take a look at the map of Israel from a 100 years ago, even from Bible times and compare that map to what you have now.
What you call Israel didn't even exist till a few years ago.
Some of us have been following this for years and we saw this attack on Israel coming, no body with a shred of dignity would have held on for that long.

Just go check your history books, then you will understand that Israel is not the victim here
You talking about history claiming u know more than the Palestins mumu since u know much about this Palestine and the people please give names of there first five kings and there descendants and I will give you names of all the ancient kings that have ruled over Isreal and there descendants over 3000 years ago and you are quoting Palestine possession of the land from 100 years ago while Isreal in all history books of the world dated back to over 3500 years ago... lied and propaganda won't do you any good

2 Likes

Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by fx45(m): 11:09am On Feb 17
Exousiang01:

Would have tried to reason with you, but shouting insults instead of bringing up a superior argument puts you in the same class with my dog, what you did.... this is the same way he barks at strangers. You have not acted any different.
Unfortunately you are even a wild one, no cage
I gave you a little tutorial on the history of Israel and Palestine. You're here shouting insult. Asking you to shut up is not an insult. The purpose is to stop you from further embarrassing yourself and spreading false information
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by Krismas(m): 11:11am On Feb 17
Broveens42:

No! The deadliest thing to do is embrace ignorance and delusion, caused by man made religion.

Go and drop bomb in any part of north Korea and let's check if God will forgive you
grin LOL
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by Mrtaye: 11:13am On Feb 17
Luckysbab:

But you fool will blame Putin for invading Ukraine for similar reasons.

The nuts in your head are misplaced.
You're the fo..l here for comparing Russian invasion to Israel's operation
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by Krismas(m): 11:15am On Feb 17
sgtponzihater1:
Unfortunately South Africa is calling the wrath of God upon itself.

The deadliest thing to do is to fight Israel. The most high says He will curse who ever curses Israel, and bless whoever blesses Israel.

I don't see South Africa making any meaningful progress from now on, except they repent and the most compassionate God will forgive them , and save them from the destructive path they are threading on.
grin I SEE!

Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by Idaytesj29(m): 11:22am On Feb 17
Exousiang01:

Lol
You obviously don't have the slightest idea of the politics playing around the Israel-HAMAS crisis.

You dey mind the Mumu.

My own question to Israel is, How many HAMAS terrorist has been killed so far? Cos we don't know the difference anymore between terrorist and civilians. When US killed Osama Bin Laden, they met his wives and children, they killed the terrorist and left his family alone, cos they didn't commit the crime with their father or husband. Why is that difficult for Isreal to do? Why can't they separate Civilians from terrorists?

1 Like

Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:24am On Feb 17
smileyoo:
pls, save us all these religious craps, the truth is that Israel is right in defending themselves from an existential threats by Hamas terrorists and South Africa is on the wrong part in this conflict by supporting a world recognized terrorists organization, that just wasted innocent lives.
No sane humans support acts of terrorism.
Had it been that the Israelis were following and acting on the principle of the biblical fairy tales, of waiting for the sky God to fight for them and defend them from these their heartless Arab neighbors, the Israelis would have been annihilated long time ago.
The Israelis are still standing because they choose to be strong by labouring for it, not because of any privilege from any sky God any where.
Almighty God has no business with your already polluted world politics yet.
Where was the caring sky God when the Israelis lost 6 million Jewish citizens to the Holocaust ?

We don't need to answer the question about where God is. The real question is who are we, how did we get here and where are we in the whole scheme of things.

We all have free will just like the angels who rebelled. I choose to use my free will to worship the God who was there before the world began, who set the world in motion. You choose to question His existence.

One day we will all stand before His judgement throne to settle accounts with Him. All eyes will see Him then, and all those who question his authority will cry and wail, but it definitely will too late.

To the only wise God, the one who saved me from the grip of the "god of this world" and from my own intelligence, to Him who sent His son to become my wisdom. To Him be glory, majesty, power, dominion and authority, before history began, in this present age, and in the age to come. Amen πŸ™
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by ChristCee: 11:36am On Feb 17
nairalanda1:

Palestinian groups supported the ANC during the struggle against Arphateid, while Israel supported the arphateid government back then

This is the ANC paying back Palestine for the support given.
It would have been better for SA to remain an arpatheid state.
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by kolanpas(m): 11:41am On Feb 17
Why are people saying what they don't know about history, when the Roman took over Palestine they chased out the Jew and left Christian, both the Jew and the Christian are legal owner of the land that time, because changing of faith doesn't make you illegitimate of your land, so when the Muslim first conquered the place they chased away the roman politicians and welcome back the jews, along the way so many citizen changed their faith and become Muslim Again the Catholic conquered Jerusalem, they killed the Muslims and chased away Jews also burning them them on stakes while leaving only the Christian, after a while the muslim reconquered it through Saladin, and some Jews came back. So since then Muslim, Christian and Jew were living peaceful in Palestine before the Boufler declaration in 1948, giving part of Palestine to European Jews in which most of them do no have any DNA linking to Palestine. Go and research if the present local in Palestine do have DNA linking to the time Isrealite of the old. Does changing faith make you the bastard of your land

1 Like

Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by nairalanda1(m): 11:43am On Feb 17
ChristCee:

It would have been better for SA to remain an arpatheid state.

NO, it would have ended and the good thing was that it ended peacefully, because the injustice that was happening was so bad, it would have reached boiling point if it had continued beyond 1993. Heck, by the 90's there were bombings and threats of racial war...and tribal war.

PLus by the early 1980.s the black people despite being the majority were being forced into tiny bantustans that covered 13 percent of the land.

At some point things got so hot that by 1985, the country was on fire. Had it not been for the coded discussions that had been ongoing for years, first between the black liberation movement and the business class, then the political class, it could have ended terribly.

Let me explain it to you in Nigerian terms. If the white people had stayed in power after 1960, and forced all Northerners to live in Kaduna and Katsina and Kano state, all SOuth westerners to live in Oyo state, and all Igbos and south southerners to live in Enugu state....what do you think would have happened by now?

Arphateid was bad for SOuth africa. Even now, thanks to the policy of denying most blacks specialized higher educaiton, there is a large poor undereducated lower class...which is why xenophobia is a thing.
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by smileyoo: 11:49am On Feb 17
sgtponzihater1:

We don't need to answer the question about where God is. The real question is who are we, how did we get here and where are we in the whole scheme of things.

We all have free will just like the angels who rebelled. I choose to use my free will to worship the God who was there before the world began, who set the world in motion. You choose to question His existence.

One day we will all stand before His judgement throne to settle accounts with Him. All eyes will see Him then, and all those who question his authority will cry and wail, but it definitely will too late.

To the only wise God, the one who saved me from the grip of the "god of this world" and from my own intelligence, to Him who sent His son to become my wisdom. To Him be glory, majesty, power, dominion and authority, before history began, in this present age, and in the age to come. Amen πŸ™
you are quoting me out of context, never told you that i never believe in the existence of almighty God, but I believe that he had given men authority over the worldly governments, that is whenever and wherever the righteous rules the people rejoice, but when the wicked ascend the throne the people groan.
The present human world government is just too horrible and imperfect to be associated with a perfect all powerful God.
Most of doctrines that religious fanatics are claiming to come from God are actually doctrines of men.
If indeed there is a day of judgement, a big shock await humanity when the real God unveil himself and his plans for humans.
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by Chikel20000(m): 11:55am On Feb 17
Goodlady:

Bitterleaf man, what's ya problem?
Yorubas voted Obi. Don't be an ungrateful soul!
Nigeria was worst under GEJ who's your son too. We should work together for betterment and not playing ethnic card!
oh....Jonathan is now our son
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by ChristCee: 11:55am On Feb 17
nairalanda1:

NO, it would have ended and the good thing was that it ended peacefully, because the injustice that was happening was so bad, it would have reached boiling point if it had continued beyond 1993. Heck, by the 90's there were bombings and threats of racial war...and tribal war.

PLus by the early 1980.s the black people despite being the majority were being forced into tiny bantustans that covered 13 percent of the land.

At some point things got so hot that by 1985, the country was on fire. Had it not been for the coded discussions that had been ongoing for years, first between the black liberation movement and the business class, then the political class, it could have ended terribly.

Let me explain it to you in Nigerian terms. If the white people had stayed in power after 1960, and forced all Northerners to live in Kaduna and Katsina and Kano state, all SOuth westerners to live in Oyo state, and all Igbos and south southerners to live in Enugu state....what do you think would have happened by now?

Arphateid was bad for SOuth africa. Even now, thanks to the policy of denying most blacks specialized higher educaiton, there is a large poor undereducated lower class...which is why xenophobia is a thing.
What did native Africans who supported them receive in return apart from xenophobia and hatred? America and the europeans did a lot of slave trading in the past but it's all bygones now. All those things you mentioned would have ended, how many kids today know of the Rwanda war? The whites were being cruel back then but things would have normalized. These black people of SA just should not be at the helm of affairs. I am being quiet realistic here.
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by Krismas(m): 11:58am On Feb 17
fx45:

Roman colonialists displaced the Jews and renamed their land Syria Palestina. The Arabs claiming Palestinians now migrated to the area following the conquest of Judea by the Ottoman Turks. In reality they are the occupiers and that is why Israel has kicked their arse out of the land. They have zero history in that place and it is not and can never be their land
grin There was a state called Palestine. grin
Emperor Hadrian changed the Kingdom of Judaea to the Kingdom of Palestine grin
So Judaeans are Palestinians grin
The Greek writer, Herodotus, writing in 'The Histories', writes about PALESTINE in 450 BC. The Romans conquered the Holy Land in 135 BC, over 300years after Herodotus wrote this book.
And, there has never been an "Israel". There were 2 sort of Judaean groupings: Judah in South of Jerusalem and Samaria in the North. There were no Jew in Palestine until the 1940S. infact, the first King James version released in 1611 had nothing like Jews in it.
Similarly Shakespeare in the book Othello called the place Palestine, about 600 years ago. grin
So, what are you saying?

Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by Yujin(m): 11:59am On Feb 17
Anguldi:

The thing is what's the percentage of Muslims in SA There's violence anywhere there are Muslims. Use your head
You should google their population to know.
For your information, there are a sizeable number of South East Asians and Indians who are mostly muslims. Not to forget the indigenous muslims from among the coloured people of Capetown.
The thing is this: muslims even when small have a way of influencing the politics of an area if you allow them and South Africa happen to be a country with inclusiveness. They aren't seeing any threat for now and hopefully, it doesn't arise but experience with muslims have proven otherwise.

1 Like

Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by nairalanda1(m): 12:02pm On Feb 17
ChristCee:

What did native Africans who supported them receive in return apart from xenophobia and hatred? America and the europeans did a lot of slave trading in the past but it's all bygones now. All those things you mentioned would have ended, how many kids today know of the Rwanda war? The whites were being cruel back then but things would have normalized. These black people of SA just should not be at the helm of affairs. I being quiet realistic here.

It was not going to normalize, and things would have gotten even worse.

The arphateid government too got under a lot of pressure from its Western backers. Before, when there was the threat of the communist bloc, evil governments like the Arphateid government were able to get subtle support from the West by alligning themselves with anti-communism. Once communisim fell from 1989, that support went and hard questions started being asked. Botha (PM in the 1980;s) was already negoitating with Mandela as early as 4 years before Mandela was released. The wind was blowing in a new direction.

But as I said, it was getting wors.e Black people were angry (read about the injustices, and the repeated attacks on blacks by white run police and army from 1950-90, and you would see why there was so much anger), and many white people were also battering down the hatches (most South African whites are Afrikaans...and many of them regarded SOuth africa as their homeland, and were prepared to fight for white supremancy at all costs). If not for the negotiations and the realization that there was no western backing...

As for xenophobia...every country has xenophobia. Even here in Nigeria...see ghana must go in the 1980s...where several ghanians were chased out on the basis of their nationality. And it was government policy.
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by Kingbuhari(m): 12:12pm On Feb 17
South Africa are broke... And Arab are busy dashing them free money to play the game... Smart country chopping free money grin
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by fx45(m): 12:14pm On Feb 17
Krismas:
grin There was a state called Palestine. grin
Emperor Hadrian changed the Kingdom of Judaea to the Kingdom of Palestine grin
So Judaeans are Palestinians grin
The Greek writer, Herodotus, writing in 'The Histories', writes about PALESTINE in 450 BC. The Romans conquered the Holy Land in 135 BC, over 300years after Herodotus wrote this book.
And, there has never been an "Israel". There were 2 sort of Judaean groupings: Judah in South of Jerusalem and Samaria in the North. There were no Jew in Palestine until the 1940S. infact, the first King James version released in 1611 had nothing like Jews in it.
Similarly Shakespeare in the book Othello called the place Palestine, about 600 years ago. grin
So, what are you saying?
Funny how you lie to yourself and think you're smart. There were no Arabs in Palestine 500-1000 years ago. The place was occupied by Greeks, Romans and Jews. The Arab invaders came after the Ottoman Conquest. At the time of Christ the place was known as Judea and was occupied by Jews.

Even the Al-Aqsa Mosque was built on top of Solomon's temple. Solomon was an Israelite King. You Muslims can continue lying to yourselves but it won't change what is on ground. The Modern State of Israel has taken back their lands. Even the much touted 2-State solution can never happen because it means relinquishing Judea and Samaria otherwise known as the West Bank now. Israel has no such plans.

1 Like

Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by Dadimendino: 12:15pm On Feb 17
South Africa, the real giant of Africa 🌍
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by Agunesinjaweola: 12:16pm On Feb 17
What's wrong with the Black race

A SA country butchering Nigerians for taking their wife's and G-friends now complaining about Israel treatment of the terrorists...
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:25pm On Feb 17
smileyoo:
you are quoting me out of context, never told you that i never believe in the existence of almighty God, but I believe that he had given men authority over the worldly governments, that is whenever and wherever the righteous rules the people rejoice, but when the wicked ascend the throne the people groan.
The present human world government is just too horrible and imperfect to be associated with a perfect all powerful God.
Most of doctrines that religious fanatics are claiming to come from God are actually doctrines of men.
If indeed there is a day of judgement, a big shock await humanity when the real God unveil himself and his plans for humans.

My apologies for quoting you out of context. Get you now. Thanks
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by hammed71(m): 12:31pm On Feb 17
Kai I can't believe some dumb Nigerians are supporting Israel the apartheid state, Nigerians are so clueless, religious bigots
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by preciousmetals: 12:38pm On Feb 17
South Africa and Eye Service is like 5 and 6
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by Johnjustice: 12:42pm On Feb 17
Southafrica influencing the world stage, while Nigeria is held at the jugular by the dollar, and greedy elites who love dollar more than the country.
Re: ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah by Krismas(m): 1:02pm On Feb 17
fx45:
Funny how you lie to yourself and think you're smart. There were no Arabs in Palestine 500-1000 years ago. The place was occupied by Greeks, Romans and Jews. The Arab invaders came after the Ottoman Conquest. At the time of Christ the place was known as Judea and was occupied by Jews.

Even the Al-Aqsa Mosque was built on top of Solomon's temple. Solomon was an Israelite King. You Muslims can continue lying to yourselves but it won't change what is on ground. The Modern State of Israel has taken back their lands. Even the much touted 2-State solution can never happen because it means relinquishing Judea and Samaria otherwise known as the West Bank now. Israel has no such plans.
grin grin grin
LOL
ignorance is your fault grin
Infact the Caliphates has been in Palestine for over 1,300 years back grin
Am talking of none other than Abu Bakr the successor of the Islamic prophet, setting up his throne in Palestine 1,300 years back! and u say no Arabs in Palestine 500-1000 years back? do you people even bother to study?
Ottoman conquest is pretty recent grin and why is it that its only ottoman NL Jew-lickspittles only know about? grin
There is no record anywhere as for Israel ever been a country. The bible is not a credible record, Solomon temple is a Myth no different from KING SOLOMON'S MINES grin
And as for Palestine been occupied by Jews, you are a liar. grin The Jews are from Eastern Europe and have never been connected to Palestine at any time. the first time they came into the place was in 1930s. They are not Hebrew, they are not Judaeans. they are Europeans.
The Judaeans are the Palestinians. that's cos the name was changed to Palestine. so Judeans are Palestinians.
that the predominant religion in the place today is Islam does not mean they are Arabs. they are Hebrew. not Arabs.
And as for Israel taking the place, i remind you, there is a war ongoing currently. let the invaders win first b4 you boast for them.
The kingdom of Judaea was formed thru bloodshed. the Seleucid had to be defeated before Judea was formed. It was costly, but it happened. the Jews are no different from the Seleucid today. They will be defeated also. no matter how difficult it may seem.
Inaddition, no one gives a toss about Israel plans for Palestinian lands. there rant is completely nonsensical.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jacob Zuma 'fathers 20th Child With Friend's Daughter' / South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? / UN Adds Russia To β€˜list Of Shame’ For Killing Hundreds Of Children In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.