Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship (550 Views)

10 Aspirants That May Likely Feature In Edo 2024 Governorship Race (Video) / Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race / 5 Lessons Nigerians Should Learn From The Ekiti Governorship Election For 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by Kenrichest: 5:22pm On Feb 17
BREAKING: Thugs disrupt Edo APC governorship primary results’ announcement
17th February 2024

APC condemns alleged attempts to collate Brass LGA results in Yenagoa
APC logo

By
Adeyinka Adedipe
Kindly share this story:

Suspected political thugs on Saturday disrupted the coalition of results of the primary election of the All Progressives Congress for the governorship election in Edo State.

The results being collated at Lushville Hotel and Suite, in GRA, Benin, was beamed live on television.

Results from eight local hovernment areas had already been announced when journalists covering the event were alerted to vacate the centre of the event.

Before journalists could gather their things together, the thugs swooped on the venue after overpowering the police operatives at the gate.

Several journalists, including an NTA cameraman and FRCN reporter, were manhandled and their equipment scattered.

The presence of the state Commissioner of Police, Funsho Adeboye, who was present with the officials of the party at the centre did not deter the hoodlums from engaging in the free-for-all.

At the time of filling this report, it was not yet clear what went wrong.

Results announced before the disruption:

Dr Stanley Ugbuoja – Returning Officer

Esan South East

Blessing A. 20
Gen C Airbahaire 20
Sen. O Osunbor 108
Col David Imuse 62
Sen. Monday – 237
Hon. Dennis Idahosa 54
Dr Ernest Umahikhe 16
Gideon Ikhine
Osagie Ize-Iyamu 14
Sunday 12
Abba Clement I 15
Lucky Imasuen 12

Oredo

Related News
Another Edo APC gov aspirant, Umakhihe, withdraws
Why I withdrew from Edo gov race – Ize-Iyamu
I'm not any godfather's candidate, says Edo APC gov aspirant
Blessing Agumere 24
Gen C Airbahaire 327
Sen. O Osunbor 21
Col David Imuse 15
Sen. Monday – 1490
Hon. Dennis Idahosa 662
Dr Ernest Umahikhe 60
Gideon 45
Osagie Ize-Iyamu 34
Sunday 59
Agba Clement 100
Lucky Imasuen 6

Esan West

Blessing Agumere 8
Gen C Airbahaire 10
Sen. O Osunbor 60
Col David Imuse 36
Sen. Monday 612
Hon. Dennis Idahosa 83
Dr Ernest Umahikhe 42
Gideon Ikhime 140
Osagie Ize-Iyamu 9
Sunday 44
Agba Clement 12
Lucky Imasuen 8

Owan West

Blessing Agumere 44
Gen C Airbahaire 469
Sen. O Osunbor 102
Col David Imuse 57
Sen. Monday 1647
Hon. Dennis Idahosa 583
Dr Ernest Umahikhe 113
Gideon 146
Osagie Ize-Iyamu 73
Sunday 90
Agba Clement 76
Lucky Imasuen 69

Akoko Edo

Blessing Agumere 186
Gen C Airbahaire 23
Sen. O Osunbor 62
Col David Imuse 7
Sen. Monday 837
Hon. Dennis Idahosa 984
Dr Ernest Umahikhe 248
Gideon 18
Osagie Ize-Iyamu 19
Sunday 33
Agba Clement 215
Lucky Imasuen 88

Esan Central

Blessing Agumere 01
Gen C Airbahaire 0
Sen. O Osunbor 29
Col David Imuse 37
Sen. Monday 138
Hon. Dennis Idahosa 44
Dr Ernest Umahikhe 6
Gideon 28
Osagie Ize-Iyamu 0
Sunday 0
Agba Clement 43
Lucky Imasuen 5

Ovia South West

Blessing Agumere 0
Gen C Airbahaire 14
Sen. O Osunbor 36
Col David Imuse 3[b][/b]
Sen. Monday 251
Hon. Dennis Idahosa 326
Dr Ernest Umahikhe 5
Gideon 7
Osagie Ize-Iyamu 3
Sunday 10
Agba Clement 43
Lucky Imasuen 39
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by garfield1: 11:32pm On Feb 17
Cc Fergie001, aswani, indispensable85,jorussia this is the real result from the field
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by aswani(m): 11:37pm On Feb 17
garfield1:
Cc Fergie001, aswani, indispensable85,jorussia this is the real result from the field

Thanks for the info. So it's either Monday or Denco against Asuẹn.

Ọ má.
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by fergie001: 11:38pm On Feb 17
garfield1:
aswani, indispensable85,jorussia this is the real result from the field
Not true.
This was announced in Ize-Iyamu's parlour. It was conducted by the Ag APC Chairman of Edo State, Jarret Tenebe.

Only the NWC-backed Primary is authentic and Uzodinma has announced Idahosa Dennis as winner.

Tenebe even granted an interview and said that Idahosa was disqualified because he isn't a financial member of the Party, that's bs.

APC has released a statement this night!

Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by press9jatv: 11:47pm On Feb 17
APC will lose Edo State governorship election 🗳
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by garfield1: 11:52pm On Feb 17
fergie001:

Not true.
This was announced in Ize-Iyamu's parlour. It was conducted by the Ag APC Chairman of Edo State, Jarret Tenebe.

Only the NWC-backed Primary is authentic and Uzodinma has announced Idahosa Dennis as winner.

Tenebe even granted an interview and said that Idahosa was disqualified because he isn't a financial member of the Party, that's bs.

Oga,try and understand me na.whatever uzodinma did is legal but between me and you,they simply wrote that result in their hotel rooms.if not for oshiomhole, okpebholo actually won.the real voting saw okpebholo winning.
With tenebe,iyamu supporting okpebholo,idahosa may be dropped later on

1 Like

Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by garfield1: 11:52pm On Feb 17
aswani:

Ọ má.

We knew this since na.let them reach a compromise with denco deputizing
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by fergie001: 7:13am On Feb 18
garfield1:
Oga,try and understand me na.whatever uzodinma did is legal but between me and you,they simply wrote that result in their hotel rooms.if not for oshiomhole, okpebholo actually won.the real voting saw okpebholo winning.
What is new?
Oshiomhole is the leader of Edo APC, and he has made the call. It's not the first time. Sylva did it last year and very many examples.
You and I knew Oshiomhole's candidate must prevail. Our politics here in Naija follow a similar pattern.
You and I know this is not possible, right?
When the oga goes a direction, others follow.
Did Buhari not interfere for Ambode?

Idahosa will not be dropped, so you know what that will do to Oshio's ego? Maybe before the Primary but now Sen Monday has showed his hands worse still with Ize Iyamu, Imasuen, Tenebe and co, you think they will still go back on Idahosa?

Upon all the accusations and counter-accusatioms, has Oba backed down on Asue? When that decision is made, it's swim or drown, except the leader no get capacity.

Tell the truth, at this stage, if you are Oshiomhole, you will agree for Monday to be chosen? Make we dey talk true.... Oshiomhole went for loyalty FIRST rather than even capacity to win the election.
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by TheCeasar: 7:49am On Feb 18
garfield1:

oga I can't believe you're the one saying this? So disappointed I thought you know much about politics..

What right does uzodinma has to declare result? Is it not the job of the returning officer?
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by garfield1: 10:45am On Feb 18
TheCeasar:
oga I can't believe you're the one saying this? So disappointed I thought you know much about politics..

What right does uzodinma has to declare result? Is it not the job of the returning officer?

It is the job of the chairman of the electoral panel to declare results going by apc constitution sir
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by garfield1: 10:55am On Feb 18
fergie001:

What is new?
Oshiomhole is the leader of Edo APC, and he has made the call. It's not the first time. Sylva did it last year and very many examples.
You and I knew Oshiomhole's candidate must prevail. Our politics here in Naija follow a similar pattern.

You and I know this is not possible, right?
When the oga goes a direction, others follow.
Did Buhari not interfere for Ambode?

Idahosa will not be dropped, so you know what that will do to Oshio's ego? Maybe before the Primary but now Sen Monday has showed his hands worse still with Ize Iyamu, Imasuen, Tenebe and co, you think they will still go back on Idahosa?

Upon all the accusations and counter-accusatioms, has Oba backed down on Asue? When that decision is made, it's swim or drown, except the leader no get capacity.

Tell the truth, at this stage, if you are Oshiomhole, you will agree for Monday to be chosen? Make we dey talk true.... Oshiomhole went for loyalty FIRST rather than even capacity to win the election.

Buhari didn't really intervene for ambode,he only asked if it won't affect his second term bid.the tinubu I know will intervene at least to pacify and unite not necessarily to drop idahosa but maybe for the other camp to produce deputy.if oshiomhole does not have the backing of the party chair,then he isn't a complete leader.
Besides loyalty,I think idahosa is a better candidate than okpebholo individually.though I'll have preferred he got someone else from esan

1 Like

Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by fergie001: 11:01am On Feb 18
garfield1:
Buhari didn't really intervene for ambode,he only asked if it won't affect his second term bid.the tinubu I know will intervene at least to pacify and unite not necessarily to drop idahosa but maybe for the other camp to produce deputy.if oshiomhole does not have the backing of the party chair,then he isn't a complete leader.
Imuse was the chair but resigned recently to run, so it fell on his Deputy, so it is understandable that some don't like the Idahosa's choice.

Of course, Tinubu will but how much it pacifies the other camp and the Esan people, time shall tell.
Besides loyalty,I think idahosa is a better candidate than okpebholo individually.though I'll have preferred he got someone else from esan
How is he a better candidate?
It takes guts for an APC person to go to Esan and win the Senate seat, hope you know that?

Again, the cry of Zoning there seems to be resonating.

I am happy you are now soft on zoning unlike before you will be backing Idahosa without recourse. When Wike appointed his boy Sandy from Central, I know even PDP members in Biase all worked for Otu, you already know the reason.
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by garfield1: 11:20am On Feb 18
fergie001:

Imuse was the chair but resigned recently to run, so it fell on his Deputy, so it is understandable that some don't like the Idahosa's choice.

Of course, Tinubu will but how much it pacifies the other camp and the Esan people, time shall tell.

How is he a better candidate?
It takes guts for an APC person to go to Esan and win the Senate seat, hope you know that?

Again, the cry of Zoning there seems to be resonating.

I am happy you are now soft on zoning unlike before you will be backing Idahosa without recourse. When Wike appointed his boy Sandy from Central, I know even PDP members in Biase all worked for Otu, you already know the reason.

Even if tenebe is against idahosa,he should be rallying behind osho.i never talked about pacifying the esan people but okpebholo camp..he is a better candidate based on age, experience,grassroot etc.
Okpebholo won because of the incursion of lp into Edo central just like in south,his pdp roots,his links to anenih hero of the esan while idahosa won based on merit against igbineduon daughter( their kada cinema in cali was gutted yesterday).
I have been a strong supporter of zoning right from presidency to state.this thing is like kogi.while ododo isn't a good candidate based on zoning,there's nothing much one can do.no matter how aggrieved the okpebholo faction are,they won't work with the obaseki people.
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by Indispensable85(m): 11:20am On Feb 18
fergie001:

Not true.

Don't mind Garfield1 jooor.
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by garfield1: 11:21am On Feb 18
Indispensable85:

Don't mind Garfield1 jooor.

If this matter goes to court,APC will be disq as there was no lawful primaries.
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by Indispensable85(m): 11:22am On Feb 18
aswani:

Ọ má.

It's Denco vs Asue. But don't underestimate LP sha ooo
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by Indispensable85(m): 11:41am On Feb 18
garfield1:

If this matter goes to court,APC will be disq as there was no lawful primaries.

Taaaaaarrrrr comot jooor.
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by fergie001: 11:41am On Feb 18
garfield1:
Even if tenebe is against idahosa,he should be rallying behind osho.i never talked about pacifying the esan people but okpebholo camp..he is a better candidate based on age, experience,grassroot etc.

Okpebholo won because of the incursion of lp into Edo central just like in south,his pdp roots,his links to anenih hero of the esan while idahosa won based on merit against igbineduon daughter( their kada cinema in cali was gutted yesterday).
Leave LP and Obaseki..... Edo LP is funded from Osadebey Avenue and that's the truth. That's the fall-back plan whenever GO feels things aren't going his way.

Even at that, take nothing away from Monday, it has to be tough to do it. Still on still, even the LP didn't win it and don't forget the fight with Orbih damaged PDP there beyond repair.

I have been a strong supporter of zoning right from presidency to state.this thing is like kogi.while ododo isn't a good candidate based on zoning,there's nothing much one can do.no matter how aggrieved the okpebholo faction are,they won't work with the obaseki people.
Okpehbolo don't need to work with Obaseki, one thing is sure he will siddon look, just like Lyon did in Bayelsa.

In this kind of thing, he dare not go out to join any campaign against Asue, especially in Esan land. Laughably, I remember when Dino was all over Natasha before the Guber.... She for open mouth say make Dem vote Dino nah grin

garfield1:
After what happened with obaseki,he was going for true party loyalty first
Oshiomhole loyalty....

garfield1:
They should have allowed that live collation to stand
Hahaha, why will they?
I was even fooled to believe it was the main thimg when TVC was airing live.
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by garfield1: 11:51am On Feb 18
fergie001:

Leave LP and Obaseki..... Edo LP is funded from Osadebey Avenue and that's the truth. That's the fall-back plan whenever GO feels things aren't going his way.

Even at that, take nothing away from Monday, it has to be tough to do it. Still on still, even the LP didn't win it and don't forget the fight with Orbih damaged PDP there beyond repair.

Okpehbolo don't need to work with Obaseki, one thing is sure he will siddon look, just like Lyon did in Bayelsa.

In this kind of thing, he dare not go out to join any campaign against Asue, especially in Esan land. Laughably, I remember when Dino was all over Natasha before the Guber.... She for open mouth say make Dem vote Dino nah grin

Oshiomhole loyalty....

Hahaha, why will they?
I was even fooled to believe it was the main thimg when TVC was airing live.

The live collation. Was aired nationally so now turning around to cancel it is very wrong.it was well organized in inec pattern.ofcourse,the APC candidate must be loyal to oshiomhole
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by fergie001: 11:54am On Feb 18
garfield1:

The live collation. Was aired nationally so now turning around to cancel it is very wrong.it was well organized in inec pattern.ofcourse,the APC candidate must be loyal to oshiomhole
Our Court will just follow the regular pattern.
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by garfield1: 11:58am On Feb 18
fergie001:
Our Court will just follow the regular pattern.

This primary is exactly like that of anambra where dapo declared ubah and was later annulled
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by fergie001: 12:07pm On Feb 18
garfield1:
This primary is exactly like that of anambra where dapo declared ubah and was later annulled
It won't happen now.
In the case of Anambra, the stakeholders, the contenders, INEC all agreed there was no Primary.

In this case, both factions agreed there was a valid Primary but the contention is the actual winner.
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by garfield1: 12:09pm On Feb 18
fergie001:

It won't happen now.
In the case of Anambra, the stakeholders, the contenders, INEC all agreed there was no Primary.

In this case, both factions agreed there was a valid Primary but the contention is the actual winner.

Not true, uzodinma panel conducted no primary.the primaries was conducted by okpebholo people
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by aswani(m): 1:18pm On Feb 18
Indispensable85:

It's Denco vs Asue. But don't underestimate LP sha ooo

LP has nothing in Edo state this elections.

Ẹdo people can now see di real agenda behind Obidients so nutin for dem.

A party that can't win in Imo state will win in Edo state. I doubt it.
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by Indispensable85(m): 2:15pm On Feb 18
aswani:

LP has nothing in Edo state this elections.

Ẹdo people can now see di real agenda behind Obidients so nutin for dem.

A party that can't win in Imo state will win in Edo state. I doubt it.

Let's see their candidate first. Edo is a very peculiar state ooo.

The Obidient movement was stronger in Edo than in Imo State.
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by aswani(m): 2:35pm On Feb 18
Indispensable85:

Let's see their candidate first. Edo is a very peculiar state ooo.

The Obidient movement was stronger in Edo than in Imo State.

Unless they bring Shuaibu or one of those scorned APC aspirants, in which case you might be right, LP are going to lose their deposit.

Obidients in Edo state are now extinct, they were the strongest everywhere apart from maybe Ala Anambra.
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by TheCeasar: 6:51am On Feb 20
garfield1:

It is the job of the chairman of the electoral panel to declare results going by apc constitution sir
I hope you're now seeing the handwriting on the wall?
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by garfield1: 12:47pm On Feb 20
TheCeasar:
I hope you're now seeing the handwriting on the wall?

At where?
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by TheCeasar: 2:56pm On Feb 20
garfield1:

At where?
Edo state primary election..

Oshiohmole boys has besieged APC secretariat calling for APC to recognise denco as their candidate.

Have you not noticed oshiohmole has been quite lately? Oshiohmole that supposed to be dancing since.

Inec has even confirm they only recognise one election as stated by the party officials and observe by the returning officers.

I told you earlier denco is going nowhere
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by garfield1: 3:26pm On Feb 20
TheCeasar:
Edo state primary election..

Oshiohmole boys has besieged APC secretariat calling for APC to recognise denco as their candidate.

Have you not noticed oshiohmole has been quite lately? Oshiohmole that supposed to be dancing since.

Inec has even confirm they only recognise one election as stated by the party officials and observe by the returning officers.

I told you earlier denco is going nowhere

You don't get this.i totally support okpebholo and any esan candidate.but if at the end of the day,denco emerges I will support him.
Re: APC Primary Election For 2024 Governorship by TheCeasar: 4:39pm On Feb 20
garfield1:

You don't get this.i totally support okpebholo and any esan candidate.but if at the end of the day,denco emerges I will support him.
alright let's be watching

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!! International Monetary Fund (IMF) Issues Strong Message To Nigeria / No More Room For Killer-herders In South West – Igboho Takes Charge / Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Allegations He Fathered Mercy Chinwo's Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.