Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" (918 Views)

Eid-el-maulud: Saraki’s Message To Nigerians (MUST SEE ) / 2019: Why Nigerians Must Stand Firmly Behind Buhari – Keyamo / Obasanjo: "Buhari Planning To Frame Me Up & To Seize My International Passport" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by Validated: 1:47pm On Feb 18
Of you know the history of Ghana must go, then prepare to welcome Nigerians in Ghana home with small bags of clothes.

"Ghana must go is a renowned phrase in Ghana and Nigeria. It dates back to history where Ghanaians were deported from Nigeria following a presidential executive order in 1983. The deportation was due to the fear that Ghanaians were taking over Nigerian jobs".

Fast forward to 2024, the economic fortunes of Nigeria has witnessed a steep fall. This has necessitated the upsurge of Nigerians relocating to Ghana and other West and Southern Africa for economic refuge (refugees). Now the young Ghanians on reddit are calling on authorities to send Nigerians back home. What a paradox?

The problem is that Ghanians are still rummaging on the type of sack to name this phenomenal. All this is no thanks to Tinubu's tribulation on Nigeria.

See a reference post here:

Mass immigration of Nig€ri@ns in Ghana

Visiting Ghana

"There is a big problem in Ghana which the mass immigration of nigerian citizens into our country...

I am all for immigrants that bring value to our country but it seems that a lot of nigerians immigrants who come here only bring problems with them (fraud, kidnapping, ritual killings, bad behaviour etc)...i am not saying these things didnt exist before nigerians came but kidnappings and fraud was not as commons as now and from what some police officers friends told me...its mostly nigerians..

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against nigerians but we should only allow in Ghana those that bring value in our country...

Ghana is definately not perfect but at least it is a peaceful, stable country with relatively low criminality unlike Nigeria .....we dont want nigerians to come here and turn our country into the same Nigeria nigerians are running away from...Nigerians should focus on staying and building their country.

God bless our Motherland, medase."

https://www.reddit.com/r/ghana/comments/1asnw2e/mass_immigration_of_nigrins_in_ghana/

1 Like

Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by RepoMan007: 1:52pm On Feb 18
I see so many must-go cries in this cost of living crisis sweeping the globe.

Jews must go.
Nigerians must go(from South Africa)
Nigerian must go(from Ghana)
Nigerians must go (from Togo, CIV, Chad, India, Lybia)
Hausa must go(from Nigerians)

Everybody see the exits of the other prosperous group as a quick fix for opportunities and employment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by Paraman: 1:58pm On Feb 18
There are lots of Ghanaians in Nigeria too
Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by koondog: 2:40pm On Feb 18
I find it very hypocritical that south westerners are always the ones talking about these countries wanting Nigerians to leave and about xenophobia but same south westerners are asking Igbos to leave Lagos and even went as far as stopping them from voting in the last election.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by accordadoga24(f): 2:46pm On Feb 18
Hehehe

They have gone to constitute nuisance again.

From South Africa to India to China to Thailand to UAE to Philippines to everywhere.

Dem don carry their ill-manners enter Ghana again

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by NextAbuja: 2:53pm On Feb 18
Exactly like here where You Igbos allowed people to vote in the same election but of course selective delusion mired in excessive foolishness you are deluded with will not let you see this but you will see that of SW .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQlFpn3gNC8?feature=shared

koondog:
I find it very hypocritical that south westerners are always the ones talking about these countries wanting Nigerians to leave and about xenophobia but same south westerners are asking Igbos to leave Lagos and even went as far as stopping them from voting in the last election.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by haffaze777(m): 2:55pm On Feb 18
We're chasing ghanian out of Ghanagrin
Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by guysbewise: 2:56pm On Feb 18
Validated:
The deportation was due to the fear that Ghanaians were taking over Nigerian jobs".

Wrong it was Ghana that first asked Nigerians to leave long before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by Validated: 5:03pm On Feb 18
guysbewise:

Wrong it was Ghana that first asked Nigerians to leave long before.
When was that? Let us learn sir/ma.
Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by Bookhub: 5:18pm On Feb 18
even Nigeria must go out of Nigeria yorubas have already started chasing igbos from southwestern Nigeria vawulence everywhere.
Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by guysbewise: 8:56pm On Feb 18
Validated:

When was that? Let us learn sir/ma.

Good you asked sir/ma.

Expulsion of Nigerian Immigrant Community from Ghana in 1969
This paper examines the remote and immediate factors that propelled the expulsion of Nigerian migrants from Ghana in November 1969. While the paper observes that jealousy and xenophobia played important roles in instigating the expulsion order, it notes that the key consideration that informed the Ghanaian action was the economic depression experienced in the country notable in the high rate of youth unemployment within the country. The study further notes that the action brought positive and negative impacts on the Nigerian nation but spelled doom for the cocoa and retail business sectors of the Ghanaian economy in the immediate post-expulsion period. The paper concludes that though Ghana had an inalienable right to expel aliens from her territory, the haste involved in the order and the in-human disposition of Ghanaian law enforcement agents to the deportees left much to be desired.

https://www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/DCS/article/view/12874

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by Tjra: 9:00pm On Feb 18
Bookhub:
even Nigeria must go out of Nigeria yorubas have already started chasing igbos from southwestern Nigeria vawulence everywhere.
Have you asked yourself why it's only your people they chase away from everywhere? Ghana, South Africa, Singapore, India, Malaysia, etc.

Learn to live peacefully with others. Respect your hosts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by guysbewise: 9:02pm On Feb 18
Bookhub:

Their hateful shops with fakes everywhere in other peoples states, but they don't want fulani cows in their own states in the east.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by christistruth01: 9:02pm On Feb 18
koondog:

Hypocrisy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by Bookhub: 9:15pm On Feb 18
guysbewise:

Their hateful shops with fakes everywhere in other peoples states, but they don't want fulani cows in their own states.
we know you love fulanis you are one
one love.
Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by guysbewise: 9:21pm On Feb 18
Bookhub:

we know you love fulanis you are one
one love.

But you hate SS/SW/North na only una waka come nigeria?
Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by Nigercity: 9:43pm On Feb 18
Metcheew
Who cares
Let them do it
Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by Zooposki(f): 9:47pm On Feb 18
guysbewise:

But you hate SS/SW/North na only una waka come nigeria?

Please take SS out of your foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by guysbewise: 9:57pm On Feb 18
Zooposki:

Please take SS out of your foolishness.

Please take SS out of your Bia-fraud's foolishness.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:00pm On Feb 18
NextAbuja:
Exactly like here where You Igbos allowed people to vote in the same election but of course selective delusion mired in excessive foolishness you are deluded with will not let you see this but you will see that of SW .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQlFpn3gNC8?feature=shared

You keep referring back to this one incident as your ‘proof positive’ that Igbo/LP/Obi engaged in ‘massive voter suppression and rigging’ in the south-east! Dude, give your campaign of falsehood a rest! I would have said that not even you believe your own lies, but one never knows how the mind of a power-hungry bigot works! It’s possible you’re also deluded as well as bigoted and hateful! I’d take any ‘proof/evidence’ provided by your ilk with a truckload of salt as you’re capable of ANYTHING just to ensure your emilokan god was rigged in!
Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by NextAbuja: 11:49pm On Feb 18
In a video not essay or just photo

Video thay we can both hear what they were saying and you have the audacity to still deny what is glaring to de deaf.

Make you Igbos de fear God now.

Considering how nobody defend the guy, how so we want to know other communities worst things weren't done.

We know how many APC supporters you Igbos burnt their cars in the East which never happen any part of the country.

I will love to go n on n on but the election is over as Nigerians saw tru your deceit, everybody just de wait make country plight improve small before una go see flogging across the country if you talk anyhow.

PROUDIGBO:

You keep referring back to this one incident as your ‘proof positive’ that Igbo/LP/Obi engaged in ‘massive voter suppression and rigging’ in the south-east! Dude, give your campaign of falsehood a rest! I would have said that not even you believe your own lies, but one never knows how the mind of a power-hungry bigot works! It’s possible you’re also deluded as well as bigoted and hateful! I’d take any ‘proof/evidence’ provided by your ilk with a truckload of salt as you’re capable of ANYTHING just to ensure your emilokan god was rigged in!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by Konquest: 9:15pm On Feb 24
guysbewise:

Good you asked sir/ma.

Expulsion of Nigerian Immigrant Community from Ghana in 1969.

This paper examines the remote and immediate factors that propelled the expulsion of Nigerian migrants from Ghana in November 1969. While the paper observes that jealousy and xenophobia played important roles in instigating the expulsion order, it notes that the key consideration that informed the Ghanaian action was the economic depression experienced in the country notable in the high rate of youth unemployment within the country. The study further notes that the action brought positive and negative impacts on the Nigerian nation but spelled doom for the cocoa and retail business sectors of the Ghanaian economy in the immediate post-expulsion period. The paper concludes that though Ghana had an inalienable right to expel aliens from her territory, the haste involved in the order and the in-human disposition of Ghanaian law enforcement agents to the deportees left much to be desired.

https://www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/DCS/article/view/12874
True that.
Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by JagabanB: 9:20pm On Feb 24
Ghana can't affórd doing a "Nigeria must go", their economy is in shambIes.
Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by Blue3k(m): 10:37pm On Feb 24
Validated:

I am all for immigrants that bring value to our country but it seems that a lot of nigerians immigrants who come here only bring problems with them (fraud, kidnapping, ritual killings, bad behaviour etc)

Can anyone explain why it's wrong to deport illegal aliens. I don't get this mumu debate amongst Africans. When did it become a human right to live in and work in someone else's nation?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Planning "Nigerians Must Go" by GeneralDae: 10:40pm On Feb 24
Blue3k:
Can anyone explain why it's wrong to deport illegal aliens. I don't get this mumu debate amongst Africans. When did it become a human right to live in and work in someone else's nation?
I tire. SA's and Ghanaian just like complaining. Deport illegal immigrants naw.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sowore Deletes Fake Okuama Reprisal Attack Video, Apologises To Army / Political Promises / N820m Yar'adua Inauguration-is It Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.