Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters (7988 Views)

FG To Publish Names Of Treasury Looters / Treasury Looters Should Rot In Jail They Don't Deserve Bail- Falana / Fuel Scarcity: Senator Wants Buhari To Be Summoned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2011
Abeokuta — Senator Adegbenga Kaka has advocated a conditional amnesty for public officials that looted public purse to ensure that the looted funds could be returned into the country for productive use.

The senator, who is representing Ogun East senatorial district, spoke at the Correspondents' Chapel programme tagged: "Correspondents' Dialogue" in Abeokuta, emphasizing that the best way to retrieve the alleged stolen money by corrupt individuals that have been stashed away within and outside Nigeria was to provide what he called "conditional amnesty."

He explained that a comprehensive list of such individuals should be made public by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) so that they would be granted amnesty to enable them bring back part of the money.

"Our stolen money that is in foreign lands is more than enough to bail us out of the mess we are in now. Our stolen money that is lying idle within the shores of Nigeria is more than enough to energise our developmental efforts. So, we may have to consider granting conditional amnesty to all the treasury looters whether civil, private or public servants," he said.

"Conditional in the sense that, EFCC will do a thorough job along with ICPC and other agencies to get us a comprehensive list of the amounts looted and where the money is being hidden and we will now give them, the amnesty on the condition that within six month, the stolen money should be brought back into the country," the lawmaker said.

He added that, "we must invest this money in productive ventures. Productive venture like electricity, mass transit programme, agriculture and education that will make the future secure for the next generation. Those looters who fail to meet up within two years should now be made to face the music. If need be capital punishment, because they did not wish us well," the senator said.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201111100730.html
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Bawss1(m): 4:28pm On Nov 10, 2011
Amnesty for looters eh? Just when you think you have heard it all someone comes up with this.

Why amnesty anyways, its not like looters are ever made to pay up the stolen monies, if anything we reward them more.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Kx: 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2011
Fresh Air!
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by egift(m): 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2011
@Post: Do as you read:

Face front, open your mouth, breath - Say after mine: Fresh Air
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 10, 2011
AMNESTY : New fad of the Nigerian government
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by brainpulse: 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2011
I will support if there are

1. AMNESTY for armed robbers
2. AMNESTY for murderers
3. AMNESTY for 419

Please who voted for these insanes?
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by mobf: 4:54pm On Nov 10, 2011
^^^

I agree.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:54pm On Nov 10, 2011
This buffoon of an excuse for a Senator is throwing up an Agenda to allow bast.ard crooks like drug-pushing, girl-friend snatching, coke-sniffing and Age-fraud., 1-eyed toad escape the claws of Justice. Sefiu Adegbenga Kaka (born. 14 May 1952) is a Nigerian politician who was elected Senator for Ogun East in the 9 April 2011 national elections, running on the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) ticket. -go figure. Tinubu is looking for any corrupt angle to get off da hook. BASTAR.D  grin
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by mobf: 4:58pm On Nov 10, 2011
Fresh Air!! it's simple really; loot the trasury, re-invest it then cut an amnesty deal to give back what you looted, then loot some more!
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by sunylop: 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2011
there can be no amnesty for looters, they desrve to go to prison,
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Beaf: 5:00pm On Nov 10, 2011
All looters need to be shot.

All hail ACN and its senators! I have never seen a more hypocritical political party, they call themselves high sounding names like "progressives," yet there isn't much progress in either their deeds or their utterances.
I wonder what that party would be without Fashola? Amnesty for treasury looters indeed! angry

egift:

@Post: Do as you read:

Face front, open your mouth, breath - Say after mine: Fresh Air

Bruv, na your low IQ de worry you. The senator is in ACN.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Okijajuju1(m): 5:01pm On Nov 10, 2011
Why is everything "FERSH AIR" with una sef?

Was it Jonathan that said it?

An Ofe mmanu Senator made a statement and everyone is shouting "Fresh air".

Tufiakwa unu!! Make una no get high blood pressure untop Jonathan matter o!
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by highland(m): 5:01pm On Nov 10, 2011
This will not work
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Demdem(m): 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2011
This senator is definitely high on something. instead of him to advocate for firing squad.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by eghost247(m): 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2011
ammnesty for looters are you freaking kidding me?
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by manny4life(m): 5:12pm On Nov 10, 2011
brainpulse:

I will support if there are

1. AMNESTY for armed robbers
2. AMNESTY for murderers
3. AMNESTY for 419

Please who voted for these insanes?

AGREED, I second this motion grin grin grin
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2011
Demdem:

This senator is definitely high on something. instead of him to[b] advocate for firing squad.[/b]

this has always been on my mind,  if such thought comes up i will spend all i have to see some mob fight for it!!
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 10, 2011
Is this senator for real?
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by gascoign1(m): 5:28pm On Nov 10, 2011
I think there should be amnesty for Samson Siasia!
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2011
dis senator is a criminal! Wetin do firing squard?
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by BoOOosHBoy: 5:33pm On Nov 10, 2011
I wish he was in china
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by kokoA(m): 5:33pm On Nov 10, 2011
Are our political leaders that dumb They don't even know the meaning of amnesty any more. undecided I no blame dem sha, Yaradua don teach dem wetin amnesty be, anybody fit stand up talk am grin
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by blackpanda: 5:34pm On Nov 10, 2011
These Boko Haram or whatever they call themselves are fools! They are busy bombing innocent people meanwhile these theives who parade themselves as "senators" are allowed to breathe the same fresh air that well meaning nigerians are breathing!
This senator is a big fool and may him and his cohorts be punished for all the evils they have done to this country.
I cant even imagine! Amnesty for what??
So we should start giving amnesty to robbers, theives, 419ers etc
May the stupid senator perish!
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by owobokiri(m): 5:37pm On Nov 10, 2011
Saw the heading and wanted to curse this man but, On the surface, it sounds like the man is drunk but on a closer look, he might have some points. Most of these monies may never be recovered . The looters are busy in foreign lands where they buy anything in sight from mansions and cars to golf courses and islands just to expend the loot they are afraid to invest in Nigeria because a vindictive government will 'Ribadu' them. Though I am not sure any one of them will bite, if amnesty will lead them to invest the loot in Nigeria, maybe you guys should consider that. Imagine IBB investing over 20 billion usd in Naija with the hundreds of thousands of jobs coming with that. Most corrupt nations in the developing world seem to enjoy the benefit of re-investing the looted funds in the country. In Nigerias case the first thing that comes to the mind of corrupt government official is how to buy that house adjacent to 10 Downing street. . Pratical idea maybe, unless we still need to wait for that revolution we have been waiting for over 4 decades while shouting 'one day go be one day' to our graves.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Superking: 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2011
This amnesty thing has been bastardized.  Amnesty for MEND; Amnesty for Niger Delta Militants; Amnesty for KIDnappers (and ADULTtnappers) and SS and SE; Amnesty for Boko Haram; its now the turn of our thiefing politicians i.e amnesty for Looters; soonest another Senator will propose Amnesty for Hard Drug Dealers/Peddlers, Armed Robbers, Fake Drug Dealers, Yahoo Boys and their likes.

God punish USELESS and CONFUSED Senators!!!
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Francis5: 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2011
Typical Yoruba senator. For them, looters like Obasanjo needs to be protected
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by blackpanda: 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2011
owobokiri:

Saw the heading and wanted to curse this man but, On the surface, it sounds like the man is drunk but on a closer look, he might have some points. Most of these monies may never be recovered . The looters are busy in foreign lands where they buy anything in sight from mansions and cars to golf courses and islands just to expend the loot they are afraid to invest in Nigeria because a vindictive government will 'Ribadu' them. Though I am not sure any one of them will bite, if amnesty will lead them to invest the loot in Nigeria, maybe you guys should consider that. Imagine IBB investing over 20 billion usd in Naija with the hundreds of thousands of jobs coming with that. Most corrupt nations in the developing world seem to enjoy the benefit of re-investing the looted funds in the country. In Nigerias case the first thing that comes to the mind of corrupt government official is how to buy that house adjacent to 10 Downing street. . Pratical idea maybe, unless we still need to wait for that revolution we have been waiting for over 4 decades while shouting 'one day go be one day' to our graves.

Em, and when u grant them amnesty, what will be the motivation/force for them to return the funds. They may just give back chicken change, collect the amnesty and continue the loot!
The request for amnesty for thieves is the most ludicrous thing that has come out of this govt.
Its as if we have babboons for senators. I wonder what Boko Haram is waiting for
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by NET1(m): 5:47pm On Nov 10, 2011
when are we coming out of this quagmire?

.NET
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by godman01(m): 5:50pm On Nov 10, 2011
Then there should be amnesty for the other crimes. 50-50 no cheating.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 10, 2011
what about those billions dollar money Ribadu and waziri collected what have they done with it, that money is enough to fix electricity in this country but some greed people sit on it and share it among themselves. God help Nigeria.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Sacarstic: 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2011
I think it is just his opinion on how we can recover our stolen wealth, i am looking forward to the opinion and contribution of other dishonorable Senators on how we can recover our stolen resources.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 10, 2011
It's not such a bad idea afterall, at least in theory. If even half of all the looters we've had in this country (which by the way include all our parents, uncles and aunties that live beyond their means and engage in sharp practices both in the private and public sectors) embraces this kind of amnesty, I'm sure the recovered money would surpass the GDP of the whole of West Africa put together. The only problem is that the proceeds of the amnesty would be re-looted all over again by those in power at the moment, and so on and so forth. So I guess it's like the flying car concept; beautiful in theory but ugly in practice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Confuse Titles With Professions / Respond To US Corruption, Human Right Allegations - PDP Challenge Buhari And APC / Opposition Parties Mobilising Bandits, Boko Haram Against Elections, FG Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.