Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,817 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub (21308 Views)

Akpabio Responds To Criticism Of "Let The Poor Breathe" Motion / Labour Party’s Tony Nwoye Defeats Stella Oduah, Ex-first Lady, Ebele Obiano / Lara Owoeye-Wise, Omo-Agege’s Media Aide Reacts To Criticism Of Her Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by naptu2: 7:48am On Feb 19
Senator Dr Tony Nwoye @SenatorNwoye.

I have read lots of comments on the post I made about ICT Building I singlehandedly built for the Youths of Aguleri at their Unity Centre. Many have started to compare what we built with what Senator Abiru did for Lagos East Senatorial Zone. To me, there is no basis for such comparison. What I did is not a constituency project for Anambra North.

Many have also said Senators were given Money to construct Tech Hub for their people. I wonder where such news is coming from, who released the money and when?

I urge you to always do a fact check on issues, to help in moulding opinions. The project Senator Abiru did for Lagos East was constructed in 2022 and was named after him because it was his personal initiative and was commissioned by the Gov of Lagos State. Senator Abiru was sworn in 2019 and re-elected in 2023. While I was elected in 2023 as a Senator. So where is the news of the money given to the Senators to construct Tech Hub coming from. This is the first area I had expected you all to do your fact checking first so that we do not misled the public.

Senator Abiru's innovation Centre was constructed in 2022 even before this 10th Senate came into office. So who is giving the money?

Please Note that no kobo has been released to Senator Tony Nwoye for any Federal Government project for any Computer/innovation hub in the past years.

i challenge anyone who claimed to have the details of the alleged money given to me, Dr Tony Nwoye nor any Senator to build any computer or ICT Centre to come up and present his facts. I repeat, NO ONE KOBO WAS GIVEN TO ME, SENATOR TONY NWOYE TO BUILD ANY COMPUTER OR ICT CENTRE. Please verify this his claim.

I was in the House of Reps from December 2015 till June 2019. I have never received a kobo from anyone/Federal Government for any ICT/INNOVATION HUB. Federal Government of Nigeria has not released a dime to me for projects till date,rather I have used my hard earned money and contact to facilitate, construct many projects till date,with little or no refund. Please this claim is verifiable.

For avoidance of doubt, I will update some of the projects I facilitated and executed in Anambra East and West, Anambra North and Anambra State, all verifiable projects and 80% of these projects were when I was not holding any elective position or Government appointment. Stay tuned on my page.

The ICT Centre in Aguleri is a way of helping the Youths in that community since it is a promise I made to them, to help construct the Building during the Festival period. The foundation for the ICT project was laid on 13th January, 2024 and was handed over to the President of Aguleri Youth on 14th February, 2024. The ICT Centre is located on a land which also host The Ongoing Aguleri Unity Centre, which is costing the Community over 300 Million naira to put in other projects they have in mind for the Youth. The ICT Centre according to The Youth President will be used in training Aguleri Youths on ICT and other Technologies.

Thank you All.

Pictures below: Senator Tony Nwoye's ICT Centre.

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by naptu2: 7:48am On Feb 19
naptu2:
Senator Tokunbo Abiru (Lagos East)

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by naptu2: 7:48am On Feb 19
naptu2:
Tech hubs by other lawmakers.

1) Honourable Ferdinand Dozie Nwankwo.

Honourable Dozie Ferdinand Nwankwo was the lawmaker who represented Njikoka/ Anaocha and Dunukofia Federal Constituency at the House of Representatives. He won the primary election under the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) for Anambra Central Senatorial District for the 2023 Senatorial election, but lost the main election to the Labour Party candidate.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by naptu2: 7:49am On Feb 19
naptu2:
Senator Abdulfatai Buhari (Oyo North)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by Newstory1: 7:51am On Feb 19
Cooking
Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by Ogiame: 7:52am On Feb 19
Tony Nwoye should be ashamed of himself.

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by inoki247: 7:54am On Feb 19
Lol maybe he will also find AutoCAD to blame since one don blame Microsoft Excel for buying two Hilux for 1 Billion Naira....

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by JulianBond007: 7:57am On Feb 19
At least Anambra and Lagos state has a tech hub built by senators representing their zones. Where is that of Orlu my zone and other senatorial zones in Nigeria? Is it not the same money given to Abiru and Nwonye that was given to others?

The two senators have tried. Congratulations to them

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by vernakuhlman: 8:03am On Feb 19
He might even finger AutoCAD, since it's common practice to hold Microsoft Excel responsible for the purchase of two Hilux vehicles for one billion Naira. basketball stars

10 Likes

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by greenermodels: 8:04am On Feb 19
you guys should stop insulting this guy, 80-90% of our senators don't have such projects, the most important thing is for the building to be used for what it's meant for which is acquisition of technical and other relevant skills needed for improved employment. Nigerians always leaves the main issues to waste energy on irrelevant ones.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by KingKO22: 8:04am On Feb 19
Ok

1 Like

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by MRSALT: 8:08am On Feb 19
[quote author=JulianBond007 post=128528685]At least Anambra and Lagos state has a tech hub built by senators representing their zones. Where is that of Orlu my zone and other senatorial zones in Nigeria? Is it not the same money given to Abiru and Nwonye that was given to others?

According to Senator Tony Nwoye, Ashiru did not build any ICT. Ashiru initiated it, and Lagos State govt executed it. Lagos State govt, named the ICT after Ashiru for initiating it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by naptu2: 8:09am On Feb 19
MRSALT:
According to Senator Tony Nwoye, Ashiru did not build any ICT. Ashiru initiated it, and Lagos State govt executed it. Lagos State govt, named the ICT after Ashiru for initiating it.

He never said so. There is no where in that post that he said that Lagos State Government executed it.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by benuejosh: 8:15am On Feb 19
Nothing good can come out of labour party.

Peter Obi wears black clothes and always waiting for the next death or burial news to attend and donate money.

I now understand his constant wearing of black clothes. Man is always mourning dead people and always attending death and burial ceremonies to donate money. Nigeria will NEVER die. (The more reason he will NEVER enter Aso rock. Aso rock is not a burial home or a dead place)

While their only governor is spending 5billion on just feeding in a month.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by naptu2: 8:15am On Feb 19
SAIL Foundation is owned by Senator Tokunbo Abiru. They partnered with Co Creation Hub to establish a tech hub in Lagos East Senatorial District. They then built a tech lab for the hub and they invited Governor Sanwo-Olu to commission it.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by Ogiame: 8:21am On Feb 19
naptu2:
SAIL Foundation is owned by Senator Tokunbo Abiru. They partnered with Co Creation Hub to establish a tech hub in Lagos East Senatorial District. They then built a tech lab for the hub and they invited Governor Sanwo-Olu to commission it.
Hallelujah....

Nice development. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by haffaze777(m): 8:22am On Feb 19
Senator Nwoye should stop responding to those criticizing him,he only gave Anambra people what they truly deserve.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by naptu2: 8:24am On Feb 19
Ogiame:
Hallelujah....

Nice development. undecided

undecided

What is this one on about?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by Samirana360(m): 8:31am On Feb 19
Idiot

1 Like

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by christejames(m): 8:31am On Feb 19
Oga Tony don't mind them, we know how embittered APC and their ilks are, an unreasonable set of humans shocked

4 Likes

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by SoNature(m): 8:32am On Feb 19
Before the white man brought this kind of leadership to Igbo land, people like Senator Dr Tony Nwoye would be tied to a tree in the marketplace and flogged mercilessly for defending this level of absurdity.

Oga, you have no excuse. You should have demolished that nonsense and rebuilt it into a decent ICT hub! The black man should stop disgracing himself, please!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by Stevenson20: 8:32am On Feb 19
All these our Senators and reps Shaa.
Na so one Desmond Idiot converted latrine to sef contained toilet and tagged it his constituency project.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by Badgers14: 8:32am On Feb 19
So he didn't receive any allocation for constituency projects??

Shame on him!

7 Likes

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by TermsAC: 8:33am On Feb 19
Hahaha. This is the tech toilet some political jobbers stay night and day to be dishing out stupid and unbelievable fake news every seconds.

No wonder they always lose.

4 Likes

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by englishmart(m): 8:33am On Feb 19
Twitter and fake news

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by reiddecuti: 8:33am On Feb 19
Nigeria is the only country where mediocre thrives. What's worth doing worth's doing well as the saying goes.

Nigeria is too big for the kind of mediocre we receive from our leaders.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by owiko(m): 8:34am On Feb 19
E
Re: Senator Tony Nwoye Responds To Criticism Of His Tech & Innovation Hub by BarrElChapo(m): 8:34am On Feb 19
Everyone knows Tony Nwoye is a thug, cultist, a thief and a fool.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Monorail: Wike Is A Shameless Liar – Amaechi / N500bn Social Investment Scheme Has Failed In North –aisha Buhari / Over $10 Billion Stolen By NNPC, Others In Fuel Subsidy Scam: Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.