Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,271 members, 7,860,631 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:30 PM

Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again (500 Views)

Abubakar Yunus: Kuje Prison Attack May Be β€˜Trade By Barter’ / How Can The Youths End Bad Governance In Nigeria, Lets Forget Protests !!! / We Are Not Even Enjoying One Nigeria Lets Go Separate Way.miyeti Allah Telbuhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by guobe: 6:37pm On Feb 20
One dollar equals more than 1,800 naira while the pounds is about 2,300 naira .
The rise in foreign currency against the naira is having a ripple effect on the economy as the cost of living is now very high for the common man.
Salary still remains stagnant with high cost of fuel with middle class citizens abandoning their cars at home.
How did we get here.
At this rate I think we should go back to trade by barter and start afresh as the Government of the day seems confused about their economic policies.
Just my take.
Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by RepoMan007: 6:42pm On Feb 20
Since the govt has decides that printing cash and selling petrol to arm a selected few so they can buy what I and others produce is the right approach, I support we go back to trade by barter.

Among other things, it will:
- Force more people to think about what they can offer to get what they need and want.
- Help people stop belittling some noble professions, vocations and businesses.
- Reduce oversaturation of distribution chain in commerce, thus forcing some persons to go and join the productive arm of the labour force.
- Help govt have a rethink about ignoring welfare of the drivers of the economy. (The lowly).

1 Like

Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by guobe: 6:45pm On Feb 20
RepoMan007:
Since the govt has decides that printing cash and selling petrol to arm a selected few so they can buy what I and others produce is the right approach, I support we go back to trade by barter.

Among other things, it will:
Our grand parents did not know what is called dollars and pounds and they lived well.
They were communal and lived happily .
Nothing like inflation.
If you get give me if I get I give you and they were happy.
Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by RepoMan007: 6:49pm On Feb 20
guobe:

Our grand parents did not know what is called dollars and pounds and they lived well.
They were communal and lived happily .
Nothing like inflation.
If you get give me if I get I give you and they were happy.
there was inflation and famine in their own time too. Those two phenomenon are synonymous to lack. What they did better than us was managing it better by crying to God above for answers and not to their kings for endless palliatives or for printing of money.

1 Like

Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by jmoore(m): 6:50pm On Feb 20
Your suggestion is ridiculous.
Your great grand parents were not importing goods from China.
Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by guobe: 6:56pm On Feb 20
jmoore:
Your suggestion is ridiculous.

Your great grand parents were not importing goods from China.

But they survived and lived longer.
How many people can survive like them now.
BP is now killing 28 years old Nigerians because of hardship.
Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by jmoore(m): 6:58pm On Feb 20
guobe:
But they survived and lived longer. How many people can survive like them now. BP is now killing 28 years old Nigerians because of hardship.
Can you stay for one year without your phone, laptop and TV?

1 Like

Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by NPFLADMIN(m): 7:07pm On Feb 20
All we need RN is six things.

1. The best security team even if it's foreign.
2. More farmers.
3. Constant electricity.
4. Jobs for the youth who must pay taxes.
5. Fixing the leakages in the finance sector.
6. Good leadership and apprehension of corrupt officers.

1 Like

Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by guobe: 7:10pm On Feb 20
NPFLADMIN:
All we need RN is six things.

1. The best security team even if it's foreign.
2. More farmers.
3. Constant electricity.
4. Jobs for the youth who must pay taxes.
5. Fixing the leakages in the finance sector.
6. Good leadership and apprehension of corrupt officers.
They still can't fix power in Nigeria
Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by guobe: 7:11pm On Feb 20
jmoore:

Can you stay for one year without your phone, laptop and TV?
If that will make me to have peace of mind why not.
Our grand parents lived without those gadgets and survived.
Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by jmoore(m): 7:13pm On Feb 20
guobe:
If that will make me to have peace of mind why not. Our grand parents lived without those gadgets and survived.
Stone age is better? Is China doing trade by barter?

1 Like

Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by guobe: 7:15pm On Feb 20
jmoore:

Stone age is better? Is China doing trade by barter?
The present Government in Nigeria are not getting it right.
Maybe trade by barter will be like a reset button.
Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by NPFLADMIN(m): 7:34pm On Feb 20
guobe:

They still won't fix power in Nigeria

Corrected!

Yep. 100% true.

Corruption in 9ja na sometin else!

1 Like

Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by Rantingpiglets: 7:38pm On Feb 20
Trade by barter?

Can we exchange TINUBU for A PLATE of GBEGIRI?

Asking for a friend cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by guobe: 8:21pm On Feb 20
Rantingpiglets:
Trade by banter?

Can we exchange TINUBU for A PLATE of GBEGIRI?

Asking for a friend cheesy
Lol

1 Like

Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by Realdeals(m): 8:54pm On Feb 20
What will you the OP trade? What is your product that others require?
guobe:
The rise in foreign currency against the naira is having a ripple effect on the economy as the cost of living is now very high for the common man.
Salary still remains stagnant with high cost of fuel with middle class citizens abandoning their cars at home.
How did we get here.
At this rate I think we should go back to trade by barter and start afresh as the Government of the day seems confused about their economic policies.
Just my take.

1 Like

Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by guobe: 9:23pm On Feb 20
Realdeals:
What will you the OP trade? What is your product that others require?
Everybody must have something either goods or services that we can use to exchange.
If a plumber does a plumbing work for you,a yam farmer can give him yam as payment.
It will increase productivity.
Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by Dcass(f): 12:23pm On Feb 21
goube waiting I do you
Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by adamma24: 1:44pm On Feb 21
guobe:
How did we get here.
Just my take.

My take on this...if we should go by trade by barter...the south-south and the north will be the most sustain region due to the oil and agriculture sector.

The west be will the big losers because they have nothing to offer to the rest of the other regions.

As for the east...I dont even know what to say.

My 2cent

1 Like

Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by guobe: 1:58pm On Feb 21
adamma24:

My take on this...if we should go by trade by barter...the south-south and the north will be the most sustain region due to the oil and agriculture sector.

The west be will the big losers because they have nothing to offer to the rest of the other regions.

As for the east...I dont even know what to say.

My 2cent
It will create competition as everybody will want to be a producer otherwise they will go hungry as there will be no food for lazy man

1 Like

Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by adamma24: 3:45pm On Feb 21
guobe:

It will create competition as everybody will want to be a producer otherwise they will go hungry as there will be no food for lazy man

Yeah...it will create competition...now let us give technology hub to the easterners...north will be agricultural hub...south south will be oil and gas...what will be the fate of the west??

1 Like

Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by Greenback: 3:47pm On Feb 21
I have ewedu leaves and I need that baale big yansh daughter 😁😁😁😁😁
Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by guobe: 3:56pm On Feb 21
adamma24:

Yeah...it will create competition...now let us give technology hub to the easterners...north will be agricultural hub...south south will be oil and gas...what will be the fate of the west??
They are good at Agriculture as cocoa farming is big business
Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by adamma24: 4:02pm On Feb 21
guobe:

They are good at Agriculture as cocoa farming is big business

Yeah...during Awolowo time..the built most of the west with sales of cocoa....but will that feat happen in the era when 90% of western youth need fast money.

1 Like

Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by guobe: 4:13pm On Feb 21
adamma24:

Yeah...during Awolowo time..the built most of the west with sales of cocoa....but will that feat happen in the era when 90% of western youth need fast money.
If there is no other choice they will go into it.

1 Like

Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by adamma24: 4:15pm On Feb 21
guobe:

If there is no other choice they will go into it.

Yeah...condition go make crayfish bend..

1 Like

Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by guobe: 8:05pm On Feb 21
adamma24:

Yeah...condition go make crayfish bend..
So true
Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by wandycole007: 8:29pm On Feb 21
adam or eve abi wetin u dey call ursef. u sha won drag west and ur contribution have been so subjective. even d so called technology u want to give east, they don't have it. don't confuse importation from asia with tech. you can Google top 10 Nigeria tech and i can bet you the west dominates it.
Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by Verbtips(m): 10:32pm On Feb 21
Trade by barter won't favour this economy,
becuase it will affect
the educational sector
(teachers may not have the zeal to teach anymore)
if trade by barter is implemented
the naira will lose it value 10 times it previous value
by then
nothing can be imported
due to inflation
when a loaf of bread will hit 50,000,
the only way nw is to just find a power bank, pending when when the dam will begin it work effectively
in my area some teacher go to sch 3 times a week
Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by SonofGod231: 1:55am On Feb 22
Does trade by barter change the narrative that you must have goods to sell or services to render?!
Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by yinkeys(m): 3:57pm On Feb 22
guobe:
How did we get here.
Just my take.
How do you mean
One kidney for iPhone 15 shocked
Re: Can We Now Go Back To Trade By Barter In Nigeria Lets Start Afresh Again by guobe: 5:25pm On Feb 22
yinkeys:

How do you mean
One kidney for iPhone 15 shocked
No na lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oyo: Ongoing Project of The 48 Km Ido-eruwa Road In Eruwa done by GSM govt(pics) / The Unbeaten History Of Orji Uzor Kalu In Abia State Governance / Army Discovered Bakery Own By ISWAP Terrorists In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.