Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount (15913 Views)

Gov. Sanwo-olu Slashes BRT Fares By 50%, Reduces Danfo Fares By 25% / Governor Sanwo-Olu Cooks With Whitemoney At Lagos Food Festival (Photos) / Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Jax1: 8:50pm On Feb 22
Yagier:
you are useless if you are waiting for the government to come and feed you….worthless being what are you contributing to make things better other than your foul smelling rubbish mouth.

Go and queue up for free food and collect flogging. grin grin
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by lexy2014: 8:51pm On Feb 22
Pristine664:

You are programmed to see evil in everything while asking stupid questions.

Pls keep it up. grin

you are yet to answer the questions. pls try again.

what makes you think that Sanwo-olu saw your comment on nairaland?

so the government of Tinubu decided to remove fuel subsidy because he claimed that it is too expensive.

then after removing it, the same Tinubu and state governors are pretending to be spending billions on palliatives to cushion the effect of removing fuel subsidy.

pls what is the economic sense in that?

how is this never ending palliative now different and better than the fuel subsidy they said they removed?
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Godsonkemz(m): 8:51pm On Feb 22
Are you slashing prices of tfares will you also slash the prices of petrol sold to commercial transport operators
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Pristine664: 8:56pm On Feb 22
lexy2014:

you are yet to answer the questions. pls try again.

so the government of Tinubu decided to remove fuel subsidy because he claimed that it is too expensive.

then after removing it, the same Tinubu and state governors are pretending to be spending billions on palliatives to cushion the effect of removing fuel subsidy.

how is this never ending palliative now different and better than the fuel subsidy they said they removed?

Because the billions used in subsidizing is only entering few persons pockets.

I now you will ask another stupid questions.
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by lexy2014: 8:58pm On Feb 22
Pristine664:

Because the billions used in subsidizing is only entering few persons pockets.

I now you will ask another stupid questions.

so the billions used as "palliatives" he is now sharing to governors, how many pockets is it entering?

how has sharing palliatives improved the living standard of Nigerians?

how has the economy and living standards fared before the removal of fuel subsidy and after the removal of fuel subsidy?

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Damseldammie(f): 9:02pm On Feb 22
Commendable
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Realguyman1(m): 9:37pm On Feb 22
Chrisrare:
I doubt this can happen in south east, they'll rather punish themselves to discredit Tinubu.
Discredit Tinubu as how? To u, is there any credible thing Tinubu has done since he took over as president? Even the Yoruba people wey I dey encounter everyday by day for where I dey for both Lagos and Ogun State, nor of them dey ever talk anything good about Tinubu. So, why saying thrash all because u hate the people from south east?
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by phorget(m): 9:44pm On Feb 22
lexy2014:

I really dont understand their kick and follow unending palliative measures, they should have centered the palliative on fuel like it should to.be before rather than all the nonsense they are doing now.
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by oneman2k7: 9:53pm On Feb 22
He come be like say na only Lagos get governor. The remaining were busy short changing and spending their workers. Shame no even catch some governor dey pay #15, 000 palliative money.

I weep for Nigerians
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Anonimoux: 10:33pm On Feb 22
atiku4President:
All the knee-jerk approach by APC led government will only serve to temporarily deceive the people. The real problems must be solved which include creating jobs and enabling environment for small businesses to thrive. When are we going to have leaders that think ahead?
Dont mind them with their fire brigade approaches to solving economic challenges.
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Yong4ever: 10:37pm On Feb 22
Omenlon:
lazy youth, always ask questions or read to understand issues before jumping into the waters of foolishness. He made the point of the health workers explicitly clear, stop displaying your ignorance here.
why not state the points if they're worthwhile? Nitwit!!!
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Yong4ever: 11:12pm On Feb 22
Omenlon:
lazy youth, always ask questions or read to understand issues before jumping into the waters of foolishness. He made the point of the health workers explicitly clear, stop displaying your ignorance here.
so subsidy on some drugs is the solution to hardship Doctors, Nurses, pharmacists, other health workers are facing in making sure hospitals are covered 24hrs? when he came on air saying civil servants are to come to work 3 time a week except teachers, is that applicable to health care professionals working in government hospitals,can a nurse or doctor reduce number of days he or she goes to work? ruiners called leader...
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Beolly(m): 11:45pm On Feb 22
atiku4President:
All the knee-jerk approach by APC led government will only serve to temporarily deceive the people. The real problems must be solved which include creating jobs and enabling environment for small businesses to thrive. When are we going to have leaders that think ahead?
If it was other state governors who implemented this you'll be here giving kudos. But as usual HATE have consumed most of you.
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Beolly(m): 11:48pm On Feb 22
Balistic4:
Anytime they hit the masses hard, they will tell this stooge to reduce transport fare, once the hardship sits properly with the masses, he will remove it, then harder shege will be introduced, rinse and repeat
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Laugh won tear my belle ooo
Children of HATE.
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Beolly(m): 11:50pm On Feb 22
Cruzmaster:

We are not begger like ur people. We hustle by ourself. Even when they gave us 50 ponds regardless of millions we have in our account. We Igbos still survive. U think say is this one we won't survive?? We don't need any fucking government to survive.
Those who source of livelihood is based on FAKEry definitely won't beg.
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Beolly(m): 11:52pm On Feb 22
RecessionistPMB:

You see what poverty has done to you. Human basic needs that ordinarily you should afford without sweating, is what you're here praising the same government that impoverished you.

Your "ebi pawa" just got started...Yeye people..
If this was implemented in one damaged region everybody would be clapping for the governor
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Faposky95: 12:21am On Feb 23
christistruth01:
The Wailers will soon arrive for another round of bed belle wailing

Lagos should also look into feeding all School Children and Hospital Patients

Look
Stimulate the economy......
Lagos is so endowed that it could run as a separate economy.
With all we read about Joseph......?!
Palliatives can only last ....how long.....?!
Is that the purpose of government....?
Are you safer......?
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by BabaRamota1980: 1:04am On Feb 23
This news has reached village. Ariorios are catching next bus to land in Lagos. They were waiting for launch of red line, but free food is a higher priority, relocating ASAP!
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Sibetolo: 1:24am On Feb 23
They are hardly affected by this, they are wealthy merchants and traders , so you go and worry about yourself, it is none or least of their worries. Mind you the odogwus are cashing wella in this period.
Chrisrare:
I doubt this can happen in south east, they'll rather punish themselves to discredit Tinubu.
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by christistruth01: 1:44am On Feb 23
Faposky95:

Look
Stimulate the economy......
Lagos is so endowed that it could run as a separate economy.
With all we read about Joseph......?!
Palliatives can only last ....how long.....?!
Is that the purpose of government....?
Are you safer......?

Buy foodstuffs to feed School Children will Stimulate Agriculture

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by newoffer: 6:06am On Feb 23
You don't have money to buy food . This Almajiri habits of yours. What Lagos needs is investment in farming so that farm produce will be so cheap .
Faiththatworks:
God bless Governor Sanwo-olu for listening to some of our advice on Nairaland.
Some days ago I made a passionate plea to the governor to re-introduce the subsidy on the BRT buses,and today he announced a return of the subsidy on the fare.
I have always said forums like Nairaland should be the go to website for Government officials to assuage the temperature of the masses.
We must always keeping giving Government our own ideas and opinions on how to navigate this very very difficult times in Nigeria.
I applaud every Nigerian who still believes it will get better in This country,I must reiterate I take no offense at those who have made up their mind that things will never get better.
It's of no use trying to convince people like that to make any useful suggestions at this very trying period,better to leave them to gloat at their whatever victory they believe they have as the country goes through this hardship.
As for the food market,I hope the governor is able to implement the idea of people not purchasing more than 25000 naira worth of food at the market,there are many many devilish people who will seek to buy up all the produce and resell at their stores.
I will implore the governor make sure the food is branded in a way that the logo of the state is displayed prominently on the package and anyone caught selling it outside the market should be arrested.
I'm sure this hard phase of our National life will come to an end very soon.
Still selling Land in Ibeju-lekki close to Dangote Refinery,check my signature for more details.
God bless Nigeria...........
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by newoffer: 6:08am On Feb 23
This whole package won't solve anything. Feeding 1500 people in every local govt.
Na street beggars go full the place. Where will the food be located. If we have plenty small farms, groceries will be very cheap.
Chicagograduate:
The other time sanwolu stopped the discount he introduced on BRT buses.How many days will this last?
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Ijaya123: 9:27am On Feb 23
a4cube:
Yes because they are the one that can't afford normal transport. Gov pls make it free for the poorest(Yorubas) in lagos according to Ijaya123.

We all know those who rushed to benefit from the transport discount Tinubu gave to travellers to the SE in December.
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by a4cube: 9:50am On Feb 23
Ijaya123:

We all know those who rushed to benefit from the transport discount Tinubu gave to travellers to the SE in December.
Yes to SE so the majority will be SE people. I know your reasoning is not up to standard to know that.

Although Tinubu discount is audio anyway.
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Cruzmaster: 10:01am On Feb 23
chidiokay:

Feel free to discredit my post .. with facts at your disposal only then will i take you serious,

get the fvckoff arrogant πŸ™‰

I can't argue with a dullard like you. So kiss my ass πŸ˜†
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Cruzmaster: 10:02am On Feb 23
Beolly:

Those who source of livelihood is based on FAKEry definitely won't beg.

E pain u 😝😝😝 They are even begging us to protest with them πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Confused set of people.
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by chidiokay: 11:17am On Feb 23
Cruzmaster:

I can't argue with a dullard like you. So kiss my ass πŸ˜†

IF your fathers were not dullards they won't keep playing Nzogbu Nzogbu politics and expect a different result .. dey play
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Ijaya123: 11:50am On Feb 23
a4cube:
Yes to SE so the majority will be SE people. I know your reasoning is not up to standard to know that.

Although Tinubu discount is audio anyway.

And why are you obsessed and crying over Yoruba affairs?
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by DWickedLandLord: 1:47pm On Feb 23
Chrisrare:

In this Nigeria where what is said is NEVER what is implemented, you people are already issuing out congratulatory trophies πŸ˜‚πŸ€¦πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ

You people really believe na igboman you dey battle. No wonder politicians dey use tribalism campaign for that your side

The igboman that will be giving the whole thing a side eye (because he knows his country) is now a hater for not immediately jumping on board n πŸ‘πŸΎ
Does he not have reason to be skeptical πŸ€”

Una dey reason well....Oya continue
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by a4cube: 2:32pm On Feb 23
Ijaya123:

And why are you obsessed and crying over Yoruba affairs?
Not yoruba affairs. The governor did not say the yorubas will be the only benefiary rather Lagosians. You tribalist sneaked yoruba into it.
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Ijaya123: 2:37pm On Feb 23
a4cube:
Not yoruba affairs. The governor did not say the yorubas will be the only benefiary rather Lagosians. You tribalist sneaked yoruba into it.

Lagos is a Yoruba land. Why are you crying over Yoruba affairs?
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Cruzmaster: 2:47pm On Feb 23
chidiokay:

IF your fathers were not dullards they won't keep playing Nzogbu Nzogbu politics and expect a different result .. dey play

If ur father can do without us, they would have let us go for long time now. Buh they know they can't do without us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Orelope-Adefulire SSA On Sdgs / Our Convention Holds Despite Justice Abang's Inferior Interim Order: PDP / Jonathan, Diezani, Others Shared $1.3b In Malabu Oil Fraudβ€”italian Prosecutors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.