Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 (26257 Views)

Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel / Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown / Customs Begins Online Auction Of Seized Vehicles, Goods - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by maasoap(m): 9:41am On Feb 23
Sumerians:

Wereey so your stupid blocked eyes don clear nowgrin
Clear to what? Clear to Tinubu or what we knew that custom officers had been doing for donkey years?
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by Connectionmi: 9:42am On Feb 23
Why selling to your self and you can not sell to each local government to sell to the masses me I don't. Even need ok but Scam is too much you sharing things and everybody is not benefiting so was the need Why not make the price of rice go back to normal so is annoying but I known GOD we get involved one day and one day is one day be watching the end of bad people let watch nd see thier end no dey good so don't jealousy them let them enjoy here nd suffer in hell advice I we give people is to known thier GOD nd give thier soul to GOD
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by Coldkev17: 9:43am On Feb 23
Nyouth:
Auction to who and who
Like seriously.. Who are they Auctioning it too?
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by Theoarhics: 9:44am On Feb 23
Na the custom ogas go buy those products finish and no one would go to the masses
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by gfelo(m): 9:45am On Feb 23
We know it's all lies,
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by Besuccesful: 9:56am On Feb 23
The rice should be sold to one person each. If not someone will buy many and sell it to buyers at market price and the government will not achieve the purpose of selling it cheap. People are wicked in this country not only the government are wicked.
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by scholes23(m): 9:58am On Feb 23
And they'll now sell for 70,000
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by paskal16: 10:03am On Feb 23
Question is would the ordinary Nigerian get it
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by icankel: 10:07am On Feb 23
Rice one Alhaja will buy off and be selling at 80k per bag. Even one politician can buy everything and use it for campaign in the next election abi no be Nigeria again
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by themanderon: 10:33am On Feb 23
They will simply use agents to buy it up and sell at the prevailing rates in the markets

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by Majesty7: 10:56am On Feb 23
VeryWickedMan:
"Masses" that will stock the same bags in their shops @ N90k.

Thank you! Like that is not enough. They will still suck out more than 4 modules and will be the first to blame the government.
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by LegendaryArnold(m): 11:23am On Feb 23
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by Father4all: 11:38am On Feb 23
Na them go still buy am
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by Princewell2012(m): 1:15pm On Feb 23
idanone:
funny ways to stop famine in the land.
It will make sense if they didn't sell it as proxy, you know what I mean.
Who is going to monitor it?
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by Princewell2012(m): 1:18pm On Feb 23
AuwalYusuf812:
Sale again. Why can't dey share it for free tongue undecided
It will still end up in the hands of their families, so no difference.
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by Okwyjesus(m): 1:20pm On Feb 23
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by Princewell2012(m): 1:25pm On Feb 23
jojothaiv:

This is Nigeria
That is where leadership comes to play, terms and conditions should apply in this kind of case. Why will you all one individual to buy more than one bags is that not madness. Believe me we don't have sent in this country.
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by Princewell2012(m): 1:30pm On Feb 23
yeman05:
I just don't understand the fact that some of us have phobia for good news. As in good news irritates them. How it's gon be sold is a different case but the fact that there a thought of selling it to the masses is commendable.
We complain about govt every time but we citizen are also part of the problem. I mean, with this news now, someone somewhere will already be planning on how he/she is gon buy multitude of this items and hoard them and sell at higher price later. Why can't we just go there buy one and just leave? We are too greedy and selfish.
Who do you blame here the buyers or the government officials? Am sure you know who to blame.
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by brightleave(m): 1:33pm On Feb 23
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by Princewell2012(m): 1:52pm On Feb 23
VIKTO83:
Now yahoo boys don get format.
Soon u go dey receive messages on ur phone and emails concerning fake custom auctioning.

Come to think of it: why not government open border on importation of rice and noodles while they close against exportation?

This might help in bringing down d cost of rice....

The government knows what to do, they were just playing game with the masses.
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by Rejoice28(f): 2:29pm On Feb 23
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by Sibetolo: 3:06pm On Feb 23
There are many numerous programmes year back till date that government have been dishing out, grants loans at single digit interest some payable over a very long period. \those who are wise and less skeptical have been enjoying it with the help of their kinsmen. These beneficiaries cut across every tribe and ethnicity in Nigeria. Those who know about this programmes have been enjoying them, they have also been the harbingers of criticisms against the years just to cut others from benefitting same. Some have even explored these programmes several times.
You wonder why some businesses and trades kept on thriving and you wonder where they get their capital. My whole point, do not allow some people's cynic and propanganda exclude you from your benefits from the government. Even the less exciting NTA dish out some beneficial info Try and keep trying be less cynical and skeptical about everything about government, have some believe
Lalami3232:
Believe anything you hear from Nigeria leaders at your own peril. Their people will buy all the goods and sell it for 80K to the masses. So who's f00ling who? Alof of those goods must have been siphoned before bringing the remnant sef. I don lost faith in this con3. Living here is hard and leaving here is hard. But while I'm still here, I have no other business than to preach the good news to all men nationwide:

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by thunderbabs: 3:17pm On Feb 23
This country leadership lack real solution ideas
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by jojothaiv(m): 3:38pm On Feb 23
Princewell2012:

That is where leadership comes to play, terms and conditions should apply in this kind of case. Why will you all one individual to buy more than one bags is that not madness. Believe me we don't have saint/sense in this country.
Either ways, we are our own problem
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by AuwalYusuf812(m): 3:39pm On Feb 23
Princewell2012:

It will still end up in the hands of their families, so no difference.
true
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by Jomonix: 3:45pm On Feb 23
Tonytonex:
it is the bolded.

OK
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by optionalY09: 3:59pm On Feb 23
so why not give it back to the investors who bought these item for their business purposes
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by IJEYdiamond(f): 5:27pm On Feb 23
Are these good cursed?....

Na wetin me dey fear ooo
Re: Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 by Ravenna: 5:55pm On Feb 23
VeryWickedMan:
"Masses" that will stock the same bags in their shops @ N90k.

Evil masses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku / Bauchi Residents Set Broom Ablaze During Peter Obi's Campaign Rally / 2015: It’s Either A Northerner Or No More Nigeria - Farouk Adamu Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.