Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,101 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel (13450 Views)

Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 / Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown / Customs Begins Online Auction Of Seized Vehicles, Goods - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Islie: 10:20am On Aug 30, 2023
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) says it has commenced the implementation of value-added tax (VAT) on automobile gas oil (AGO), also known as diesel, imported into the country.

The service made this known in a memo, dated July 28, 2023, sent to all importers and agents of diesel.

The memo was titled, Request for Charge of Value Added Tax (VAT) on Automobile Gas Oil (ago) or Diesel Imported into the Country’.

The communication, signed by PC Chibuoke (DC admin) on behalf of the area controller, Area I, Port Harcourt; made reference to a “headquarters circular No. NCS/T&T/T/899/217/VOL.I of 27 July 2023 on the above subject matter”.

I am directed to inform you that henceforth, Value Added Tax (VAT) is to be charged on Automobile Gas Oil (AGO), and Procedure Code 4900 000 shall be used on all importations of AGO,” the memo reads.

The service added that no importer of diesel is allowed to use “additional Code 409 in their declaration”.

In 2020, the federal government began the implementation of the Finance Act, which stated that a 7.5 percent VAT would be charged on diesel costs.

The development means that the price of diesel, which has been surging, may reach unprecedented highs — further worsening the plight of Nigerians and manufacturers.

In July 2023, the price of a litre of the product increased to N794.48 a litre, compared to N774.38 per litre in the corresponding period last year, according to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).

https://www.thecable.ng/price-hike-looms-as-customs-begins-implementation-of-vat-on-diesel/amp

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Alchemy528: 10:22am On Aug 30, 2023
grin

4 Likes

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by TemplarLandry: 10:23am On Aug 30, 2023
cool Refuse to panic.

#RenewedHope

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 30, 2023
Oluwa ooooooo.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by slivertongue: 10:37am On Aug 30, 2023
Tinubunomics na suffer head economic policy

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by CodeTemplar: 10:48am On Aug 30, 2023
It is highly well o.

Woto woto shege to the electorate, afterall you guys wouldn't give the mandate but forced them to bid for it.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by CodeTemplar: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool
dedicate suffering n smiling by Fela Anikulakpo to the shege survivors now, or which one be smiley again?

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2023
Give agbadorians wotowoto

Bad time to really be an agbadorian.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Airlohim(m): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2023
Wow, this is great news. As an average yoruba man brainwashed by Tinubu, I don't mind suffering as long as its my brother in power.

Who cares if my children go to school?

Who cares if I go to bed on empty stomach from now on?

Who cares if my mom and dad dies due to unfavourable economic policies?

Who cares if I lose my source of livelihood?

Who cares if I cannot afford to transport myself to work and have to resort to trekking?

As long as its "my brother" that is in Aso Rock and I get to rub it on the faces of Obidients on twitter and nairaland, all of these things don't matter. I must deal with Obidients on the internet.

Tinubu owns my life. God bless Tinubu and APC!

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Cemsorcems: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2023
Which VAT? The Increase in price is only for Obidients and Atikulators, we Agbadogians still buy Diesel at N105 to power our Molue. angry

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by crossfm: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2023
Hehehe.

The work this government is doing is so huge but eyes can't see it grin

The poor should be patient, very patient so that our leaders can finish us pkatakpata.

Anyone who speaks out at this point becomes an enemy of the state. We must all be suffering and smiling so that they don't call us names.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by ThiefnubuBandit: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2023
We support the military take over in Gabon. On their mandate we stand!!!

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by RECTEM: 10:57am On Aug 30, 2023
Tinubu let the Poor breathe

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Creditalerts: 10:57am On Aug 30, 2023
Suffer pro max

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by israelmao(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2023
Emilokan bread will be served to everyone and it will reach everywhere.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by bosschinalu(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2023
Pluto Way.🚀🚀🚀

This economy shall favour me and my family

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by LagosPrince: 10:57am On Aug 30, 2023
Tinubu has nothing to offer Nigeria. He should be shown the way out

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Shikini: 10:57am On Aug 30, 2023
Chai !
Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by safarilove(m): 10:58am On Aug 30, 2023
one APC guy above is saying he refuse to panic
No worry e go soon clear for your eye..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Skillsnigeria: 10:58am On Aug 30, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by bennybuhari: 10:58am On Aug 30, 2023
Guyman, you promise to let the poor breathe but here you are suffocating them

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Johnrake69: 10:58am On Aug 30, 2023
Lol
Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by oluwaseyi0: 10:59am On Aug 30, 2023
after removing subsidy do we really need to tax any form of fuel?

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Kingpele(m): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2023
Hahaha Hahaha na those who voted for peter obi go suffer this increment of diesel while the agbadorians will have it cheaper than before....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by cjudy(m): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2023
grin
Ebola Nigeria, Otilo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by GanagiBitrus: 11:00am On Aug 30, 2023
Let Nigerians breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeethe!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by ZombiePUNISHER: 11:00am On Aug 30, 2023
undecided

May the price hike favour zombies and their families..

Ebola must rule Nigeria till 2050

it's his turn to scatter things
let's support him

RONU ooooooooo

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:01am On Aug 30, 2023
The want to kuku finish the entire economy patapata!

Manufacturing is in its lowest state

SMEs have folded up

Industries are packing up

Naira is failing by the day

Everything is now beyond expensive ...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Fuckyoumod: 11:01am On Aug 30, 2023
Hahahahahahaha.... haahahhahahaha.....

If Democracy is not working, why not try another system of Government?

Just a question sha

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Justbeingreal(m): 11:01am On Aug 30, 2023
WHEN THE COUNTRY SCATTER FINISH EVERYBODY GO REST..

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jarus Discusses Nigeria, Youths & Social Media On Channels, LTV And Bentv / Don’t Ignore Chemical Weapon Threats By Militants, Boko Haram – ECOWAS Warns FG / Buhari Departs Abuja To Participate In APC Registration Exercise In Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.