Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 (10584 Views)

Dangote Refinery Set For Production As Crude Supply Hits 6 Million Barrels / Twitter Ban: Nigeria Lost N10.72 Trillion - LCCI / Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Hits Record High Of 93 Million Litres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by Focusmind: 4:14pm On Feb 23
The corrupt politicians and their associates will take huge chunk of the money to the black and white markets to buy dollars. You keep wondering whats happening to naira. You can only push the naira that you have sold to the market and received dollars in exchange.
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by coputa(m): 4:16pm On Feb 23
Kingmadiba2:
Pls ooh is there anyone using our e-naira?
It was an elephant project
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by Putinofrussia: 4:17pm On Feb 23
IamAtikulate:

Some Tinubu supporters are already celebrating that (all-time money supply) without knowing the implications.

When we call them illiterates, they say we are toxic.

🤣🤣🤣
That is because they are mostly more educated than you are..

Effect of Money Supply on the Economy.

An increase in the supply of money typically lowers interest rates, which in turn, generates more investment and puts more money in the hands of consumers, thereby stimulating spending. Businesses respond by ordering more raw materials and increasing production. The increased business activity raises the demand for labor.

The opposite can occur if the money supply falls or when its growth rate declines. Banks lend less, businesses put off new projects, and consumer demand for home mortgages and car loans declines.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by Callmemike(m): 4:18pm On Feb 23
WhiteWood:
Good News!! It's uplifting to see positive developments emerging in Nigeria. Kudos to BAT.

How is this a positive development, abeg?
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by bigtt76(f): 4:19pm On Feb 23
Selling forex gained from exportation of oil, issuing of bonds and treasury bills, lending from banks etc are among ways through which government raises funds to fund its operations. Tax is not fully grounded for now hence why I didn't mention it. Now with dwindling revenue from oil sale and foreign reserve level, treasury bills and bonds would've been the best option but they shut out the retail sector and concentrated on wholesale ...this ensured that very few people with N50m and above could participate in this (the process going through banks and brokers are convoluted).

The only other option left was the printing of more naira to fund the government's operations which though not bad was not done ethically. Now we have more naira in circulation than over foreign reserve converted to Naira. This means that the clamour for dollar no matter the rate would continue.

Solution lies in increase interest rates to encourage savings or drastic measures like re-designing the naira and curtail the amount in circulation which the former CBN governor tried to do just before the elections and failed.

ArewaNorth:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/02/22/nigerias-money-supply-hits-new-all-time-high-of-n93-72-trillion-in-january-2024/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by coputa(m): 4:19pm On Feb 23
matify83:
Too much naira chasing fewer goods.

Too much naira trying to buy the few available dollars.

These are surefire recipes for INFLATION and CURRENCY DEVALUATION.

Of the 90 trillion, the cash component is 30 trillion while digital naira is over 60 trillion.
Is e naira functional
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by coputa(m): 4:27pm On Feb 23
bigtt76:
Selling forex gained from exportation of oil, issuing of bonds and treasury bills, lending from banks etc are among ways through which government raises funds to fund its operations. Tax is not fully grounded for now hence why I didn't mention it. Now with dwindling revenue from oil sale and foreign reserve level, treasury bills and bonds would've been the best option but they shut out the retail sector and concentrated on wholesale ...this ensured that very few people with N50m and above could participate in this (the process going through banks and brokers are convoluted).

The only other option left was the printing of more naira to fund the government's operations which though not bad was not done ethically. Now we have more naira in circulation than over foreign reserve converted to Naira. This means that the clamour for dollar no matter the rate would continue.

Solution lies in increase interest rates to encourage savings or drastic measures like re-designing the naira and curtail the amount in circulation which the former CBN governor tried to do just before the elections and failed.

Government make a lot of money from taxes,do you know how much Nigeria customs generates annually or what the government collect as value added tax.

Yet they still go borrowing and printing money despite the billions they realize from internally generated revenue.

The government deliberately or ignorantly destroyed the economy
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by lastkingsman: 4:30pm On Feb 23
APC increased money supply by 100% but are telling us inflation is 29%?

Mad people everywhere
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by Vision101(m): 4:30pm On Feb 23
@ogbonti… because Tinubu is busy printing trillions of naira and changing it to dollars for him and his cronies to steal - that is why the dollar is rising

a forger is at the helm of affairs and we wonder why our money is falling when the forger is busy forging trillions daily and stealing it by converting it to dollars

I have said this up to 100 times here - no policy will work because his turn to loot is not to repair.

@me
This government has not been raising money through ways and means. The present CBN governor said that it will not happen until the old ones are paid.

This is one of the evils of emefeli's days as CBN governor. This is partly the reason for high inflation and exchange rate. Say what you know and stop spreading falsehood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by WhiteWood: 4:34pm On Feb 23
IamAtikulate:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

It seems only illiterates support BAT. Too much money in circulation (money supply) are one of the major causes of inflation.

Too much money supply when Nigeria is already experiencing one of the worst inflations ever shows how clueless the CBN Governor is.

Shut up your mouth -- you waste of air

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by tunddy(m): 4:35pm On Feb 23
I think ur partner doesn't attract you again so go and carry olosho, you will get over it within sometime
Yamleg:
Please my libido is dead. How do I revive it?
Thanks all.
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by baby124: 4:36pm On Feb 23
They need to reduce the supply of naira in circulation.
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by emerged01(m): 4:40pm On Feb 23
thatsleepboy1:
Government of Propaganda
By propaganda
And For Propaganda.

Ndị ire ncha.
It shows you didnt understand the thread. If you understand you wont call it propaganda. It was actually a bad news and you still called it propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by Konquest: 4:48pm On Feb 23
spiSeyi:
This is bad for the economy hence the reason for the inflation. The fiat currency supply outweigh our production output as a country. The CBN should recall the money by increasing the interest rates and stop further printing of Naira.
The money supply is huge but...

Increasing interest rates would further harm the industries that need more funding to grow their production output. So, sequencial interest rate hikes must not be too high to the point where SMEs cannot survive. Historically, single-digit interest rates around the world have been used to grow the economies of successful countries globally and Nigeria has to key into that principle for sustainable growth and development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by Konquest: 4:52pm On Feb 23
Vision101:
@ogbonti… because Tinubu is busy printing trillions of naira and changing it to dollars for him and his cronies to steal - that is why the dollar is rising

a forger is at the helm of affairs and we wonder why our money is falling when the forger is busy forging trillions daily and stealing it by converting it to dollars

I have said this up to 100 times here - no policy will work because his turn to loot is not to repair.

@me
This government has not been raising money through ways and means. The present CBN governor said that it will not happen until the old ones are paid.

This is one of the evils of emefeli's days as CBN governor. This is partly the reason for high inflation and exchange rate. Say what you know and stop spreading falsehood.
@ Vision101, I've noticed within the last 3 days of seeing your original NL posts, that you don't know how to properly quote a post in order to send a reply. (Some of your NL posts here are insightful).

To do so, just simply click on the Quote link at the end of the post of the NL moniker that you want to send a reply to. Then in the "text composer" that appears, SCROLL DOWN to the end of the texts you want to reply to and start TYPING your message or reply AFTER the last quote box that you can see here after this arrow =>[/quote]

When you're done typing your reply, click on the SUBMIT button.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by Farrason: 5:05pm On Feb 23
Yamleg:
Please my libido is dead. How do I revive it?
Thanks all.

Stick an electrical wire into it.... The revival will be over your expectations. grin
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by Konquest: 5:16pm On Feb 23
bigtt76:

Succinctly put.
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by bizzibodi(m): 5:17pm On Feb 23
Just tell us the FG & CBN is printing money any how does confuse d laymen with grammar,am not happy for GEJ handing over power easily to APC...he shouldn't have done that!
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by Eriggayabdem: 5:27pm On Feb 23
I'm so damn certain those monies moving around as claimed, are seamlessly moving into the bank accounts and pockets of always ravenous politicians and their apprentices.
1+1=2. Everybody(almost) knows that. Stop showing us lengthy algebraic solutions to basic problems.
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by RingRoadCartel: 5:28pm On Feb 23
WhiteWood:
Good News!! It's uplifting to see positive developments emerging in Nigeria. Kudos to BAT.

Illiterate say na good news
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by Chummynoni(m): 5:29pm On Feb 23
Putinofrussia:

An increase in the supply of money typically lowers interest rates, which in turn, generates more investment and puts more money in the hands of consumers, thereby stimulating spending. Businesses respond by ordering more raw materials and increasing production. The increased business activity raises the demand for labor.

The opposite can occur if the money supply falls or when its growth rate declines. Banks lend less, businesses put off new projects, and consumer demand for home mortgages and car loans declines.
Tho, you didnt quote me , i had to reply you. Next time if you want to google, use the country you live in as a case study. This is coming from someone that have a degree in Economics. Peace*
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by WhiteWood: 5:37pm On Feb 23
RingRoadCartel:

Illiterate say na good news

You worthless waste of air. Two pencil pushing crack pot Ram. Lol
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by Putinofrussia: 5:49pm On Feb 23
Chummynoni:
Tho, you didnt quote me , i had to reply you. Next time if you want to google, use the country you live in as reference. This is coming from someone that have a degree in Economics. Peace*
You read Economics and didn't and still don't know that Economics is global.
And your written English is bad too.

Money supply increment means the economy is looking positive.
The effect might not quickly be felt.

In Economics,inflation means inflation and money supply means money supply.

All the terms in Economics apply to all nations.
Ii went to two unis.I did Economics too.
You surely don't know much about the course you read.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by Yankee101: 5:54pm On Feb 23
Recipe for disaster
Mad inflation loading
After accusing buhari of same money printing
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by Chummynoni(m): 6:01pm On Feb 23
Putinofrussia:

You read Economics and didn't and still don't know that Economics is global.
And your written English is bad too.

Money supply increment means the economy is looking positive.
The effect might not quickly be felt.

In Economics,inflation means inflation and money supply means money supply.

All the terms in Economics apply to all nations.
Ii went to two unis.I did Economics too.
You surely don't know much about the course you read.
i wont lecture you because of your rudity. Continue to wallow in your ignorance.
You did Economics is different from you studied Economics. You told someone that had a CGPA of 4.25 /5.00 that he doesnt know much about what he read. LoL
IN addition: tell me what is bad about my composition.
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by RodgersAkpafu: 6:02pm On Feb 23
Putinofrussia:

Don't be stupid pls
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by Chummynoni(m): 6:06pm On Feb 23
RodgersAkpafu:

Don't be stupid pls
you shouldnt have quoted that dunce. You should check out my reply to him. The guy stupidity is beyond redemption.
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by bigtt76(f): 6:28pm On Feb 23
I agree, I just didn't want to delving into the controversy of what taxation is in Nigeria cheesy but you are right ...its a more than one trillion naira sector

coputa:
Government make a lot of money from taxes, do you know how much Nigeria customs generates annually or what the government collect as value added tax.

Yet they still go borrowing and printing money despite the billions they realize from internally generated revenue.

The government deliberately or ignorantly destroyed the economy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by YourKarma: 6:35pm On Feb 23
ElSudani:
Bad news for Obidients grin How dare you publish any good news regarding Nigeria?
hahahahahahhaha...they usually say APC supporters are mostly illiterates and now I'm 100% convinced
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by merits(m): 6:52pm On Feb 23
goodman023:

Congratulations. Anyone that successfully made it abroad has made it. Before you know it, you’ll be able to save 1billion dollars in 2 months. Nigeria is a mess. Please don’t come home o

Yes I can even buy you and your generation join seff.It won't cost me more than one BTC.
Re: Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 by merits(m): 6:54pm On Feb 23
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Pegs Minimum Wage At N18,780, Level 17 Worker Gets N347,000 Monthly. / Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing / Welcome To Hell (graphic, Very Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.