Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon (36646 Views)

Sam Amadi Threatens To Sue FFK If He Doesn't Apologise. / Sam Amadi Apologizes For Tweeting Picture Of CJN, Ariwoola / Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Amumaigwe: 4:22pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Am unapologetic Igbo but I must be brutally honest.Anyone with insults can direct them to his or her ancestors, and generation unborn.
Why are they harassing Gowon? He spoke the truth about the civil war.
Gowon never wanted the war to break out and sought peaceful means of settlement,but Ojukwu was reckless,rash and too eager to pull Igbos out of Nigeria.
Well Gowon is still alive, healthy and bubbling in good health, while Ojukwu the war lord has long ago passed to the other Side.
And Gowon is older than Ojukwu.
Irony of life.

So it was Ojukwu that reneged on the Aburi accord that was a mutually agreeable exit from the political empasse of that time? Ojukwu is dead though, but he is better than Gowon who God has kept alive as punishment so that he will witness what becomes of his people in the one Nigeria he fought hard for. The sad thing is that he cannot even complain without looking foolish. Such a pitiable fellow.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by gidgiddy: 4:31pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Am unapologetic Igbo but I must be brutally honest.Anyone with insults can direct them to his or her ancestors, and generation unborn.
Gowon never wanted the war to break out and sought peaceful means of settlement,but Ojukwu was reckless,rash and too eager to pull Igbos out of Nigeria.
Well Gowon is still alive, healthy and bubbling in good health, while Ojukwu the war lord has long ago passed to the other Side.
Irony of life.

Then that means you don't know much about the war. The war was caused by Gowon when he broke the Aburi agreement he signed with Ojukwu in Ghana

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by gidgiddy: 4:39pm On Feb 23
Roger3D:
The Aburi agreement was not binding before consultation with the Nigerian people. Gowon consulted and he was advised accordingly. Ojukwu thought he was smart by using his Oxford learning to bamboozle his peers into signing an agreement that would have been the end of Nigeria, until he met his match in others as learned as he was. The rest is history

A President signs an agreement but it is not binding? Really? Is that how you people reason? You sign an agreement then decide later if you want to go through with the agreement or not?

So how did you expect their won't be trouble?

I sign an agreement, and later I say that I conducted, and decided not to honor the agreement I signed? So I couldn't consult before signing? Then its Gowons's fault 100%

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Goodday90(m): 5:06pm On Feb 23
Mods are only active when it’s non Yorubas making the hate speeches,I didn’t even say 1/4 of this and they banned me for a month

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Roger3D(m): 5:13pm On Feb 23
gidgiddy:

A President signs an agreement but it is not binding? Really? Is that how you people reason? You sign an agreement then decide later if you want to go through with the agreement or not?

So how did you expect their won't be trouble?

I sign an agreement, and later I say that I conducted, and decided not to honor the agreement I signed? So I couldn't consult before signing? Then its Gowons's fault 100%
Most countries with a constitution require the approval of their respective national assemblies before foreign agreements entered into by their executives can take force. In Nigeria's case back then, Gowon needed to have the consent of the SMC before the Aburi accord could be implemented. He did' not get that consent. Abi you wan make him be dictator?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by TYCO77: 5:15pm On Feb 23
[color=#000099][/color]
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.

You are naive on this issue, go and study the 'Aburi Accord'. Ojukwu never wanted the use of force in settling the crisis and eventually, the Aburi Accord was reached in Ghana to which both sides celebrated with champaign only for Gowon for reasons best known to him reneged and opted out of the agreement upon returning to Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by RomanGreen: 5:25pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.

You're very dense and I can bet my balls you're not Igbo now to the topic, who reneged on the Aburi accord? You just be bereft of common sense I must say, yes the Igbo lost many souls during the war courtesy of this war criminal called Gowon, tell me how is Gowon's village today, same people he fought Igbos to make proud of are the ones killing and maiming people in his village. Una never see anything, the blood of the Innocent Gowon spilled will keep avenging all that. God kept Gowon alive to witness evil befall his own people, have you ever heard the old foooool speak against Fulani militia? South East is today the safest part of this country, same can't be said of Plateau, the home state of this war criminal Gowon

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 5:27pm On Feb 23
This Amadi needs his head examined.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by AfonjaConehead: 5:51pm On Feb 23
BlakKluKluxKlan:
This Amadi needs his head examined.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by swagana: 6:00pm On Feb 23
Any time you give Gowon microphone the only thing he talks about is the civil war.Without that civil war Gowon was nothing and is still nothing even with it.He could not achieve nor contribute anything meaningful since he was disgraced out of office the reason he always talk about the war as if it was a trophy won by Nigeria...That war was the worst thing that ever happened to Nigeria and there absolutely nothing to celebrate about it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by ada9ja(f): 6:02pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.

That's why evil men live longer

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by WhiteWood: 6:02pm On Feb 23
General Gowon deserves far more accolades than he currently receives. Statues commemorating his selfless contributions to Nigeria should be erected in every corner of the country to honor his legacy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by casualobserver: 6:05pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.

Gowon outsmarted Ojukwu by creating states. Ojukwu rushed to declare secession because the newly appointed state governors were due to take office imminently. If they took office he would be powerless.

The war was about Oil...nothing more, nothing less! Gowon carved states to remove the Oil producing areas from under Ojukwu's control and Ojukwu rushed to war to retain control of the Oil producing areas.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Chickensoup: 6:05pm On Feb 23
Slytiger:

The war wasn't needless. If the ibos had taken only their igboland, they would have likely succeeded. But the encroachment into other minorities land made the war mandatory.
what encroachment. which land did the Igbos encroach?

3 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Houseontherock1: 6:06pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.
Like some of us today, Ojukwu felt leaving was best for his people...he may not have been diplomatic about it, but let's stop blaming him because both sides are at fault undecided
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by ericuzor(m): 6:06pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.
you are a fool and ignorant of history also neither are you Igbo.. get lost..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by hardbody: 6:06pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.

They used Gowon's people as the foot soldiers to prosecute the war. Today what is happening to the Tivs of the middle belt? Who are the ones decimating them, the Igbos? Does it now make sense why I don't sympathize with them when their fulani brethren go showing them love?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by ericuzor(m): 6:08pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by hardbody: 6:09pm On Feb 23
RomanGreen:

You're very dense and I can bet my balls you're not Igbo now to the topic, who reneged on the Aburi accord? You just be bereft of common sense I must say, yes the Igbo lost many souls during the war courtesy of this war criminal called Gowon, tell me how is Gowon's village today, same people he fought Igbos to make proud of are the ones killing and maiming people in his village. Una never see anything, the blood of the Innocent Gowon spilled will keep avenging all that. God kept Gowon alive to witness evil befall his own people, have you ever heard the old foooool speak against Fulani militia? South East is today the safest part of this country, same can't be said of Plateau, the home state of this war criminal Gowon

Spot on!!!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Desusi: 6:09pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.
Thank you my brother, many people died prematurely and a kind of avoidable deaths because of their foolishness. War and show of power and popularity is not always end well.in fact it destroyed much goodness.like you really pointed out,many great Igbos have gone to early grave because of someone irrational behavior. Nonetheless, every man will give account of himself before the great God who shall judge the quick and the death at his appearing.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by aariwa(m): 6:09pm On Feb 23
Mumu Gowon rejoicing that Britain fought his war for him

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Omenlon: 6:10pm On Feb 23
Sam Amadi, pack well, civil war has come and gone, we move on. Nothing wrong in Gowon referring to his experiencing in his time as head of state.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Chickensoup: 6:10pm On Feb 23
Ola9ja23:
He is not afraid of anyone.

He is not a coward

Anyone who is angry should go and attack Gowon
Not everything needs violence. Listen, it is the duty of a leader of a Nation to prevent separation without proper means however it is also bad what he did that brought about the civil war. Its like saying Tinubu with bad leadership is not afraid of anyone that if you are angry, you should attack him. Criticism is a health practice that doesn't need violence.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by CommonSense1967: 6:11pm On Feb 23
Gowon will always be remembered as one of the best leaders to ever lead Nigeria.
This Sam Amadi is a complete lunatic. Instead of blaming the cowardly clown Ojukwu who started an unjust war, this fool like the rest of his tribal clowns prefers to abuse a man who did what any right-thinking leader would have done.
Gowon will always be a statesman in the eyes of the vast majority of Nigerians.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Ulogwe1: 6:11pm On Feb 23
I don't expect Baba to still refer to the civil war.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by ribbit: 6:11pm On Feb 23
cally10:

While igbo people are way better off than Gowon people... the people he claimed to maimed are the one speaking against fulani onslaughts against his poeple of plateau today.
The irony of life
how are igbo people better than plateau people again?

Aren't your people protesting against same fulani just last week?

5 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Omenlon: 6:11pm On Feb 23
aariwa:
Mumu Gowon rejoicing that Britain fought his war for him
and your grandfather was hiding under the bed while Gowon was dealing with the saboteurs.

9 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by seunayantokun(m): 6:12pm On Feb 23
Gowon is so shamelessly insensitive with that comment.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by pongwa(m): 6:12pm On Feb 23
Biafrannuke:
It is called Biafran blackmail. The day nizoorians signed up to fight against Biafra, they also signed up for a future of misery, regret, corruption, greed, hardship and every vice that anti Igbo sentiment represents. 1967 civil war was a truimph of evil over good. Nizoorians are held captive by blackmailing elites. Anytime they complain or threaten to dislodge the elites, they are accused of organizing separatism.
you wan fight another Biafra war? If not, STFU.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by hardbody: 6:12pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.

Meanwhile, you are an Ikwere man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nyeson Wike In trouble As Card Readers Only Recorded 292,000 Accredited Voters / Aisha Buhari Hosts Fatoumata Ban Barrow (Photos) / APC Flag Off Campaign In Zamfara Despite Candidate Names Missing On INEC - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.