Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,258 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama (45105 Views)

Barack Obama's Daughter, Sasha Smoking Marijuana In Public goes viral / Barack Obama's Daughters, Sasha & Malia Enjoy An Afternoon Stroll / Obama: I Smoked 9 Cigarettes A Day In White House & Stopped When Malia Caught Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by AllenSpencer: 2:43pm On Feb 26
Obainoman6:
One thing i noticed about the kids of these overly woked parents is they always have issues am talking mental issues, i mean depression and stuffs over there its like cough if someone sneeze u can catch it unlike here in Africa

What’s woke in changing name!

She is an adult for crying out loud!

Do you know how many Oguntade has changed to Oluwatade, or how many Esubiyi has turned to Oluwabiyi.

Y’all just always want to make points with anything.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by NSNO(m): 3:12pm On Feb 26
theamazonguru:

True.
The various suicide cases we hear of testify to the prevalence of mental issues in our clime too.

Just yesterday, I received a call from a younger friend who has mental issues. She has attempted suicide twice in her life time. The most recent being last month.

Now she called to have a talk with me, in words, "bros I need to talk to you, my hearts are very heavy".
Right away I need the mental issue had knocked at the door again.
I slated a meeting to meet with her this afternoon.

Mental issues yapa.

God help us.
I hope the talk yields results.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Greenback: 3:15pm On Feb 26
She be looking now like an alien man
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Dagger111(m): 3:20pm On Feb 26
meobizy:
More of a pseudonym than a name change.

Yes, that should be a fictitious name, especially one used by an author.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by viodemus: 3:38pm On Feb 26
I read that Ronald Reagan's daughter changed her last/surname name to her maiden name (Davis).

The funny thing is that obama extended family members, will be flexing with the name, but his own seed will be forming overwhelmed.

That's one of the reason Nigerian politicians like to steal the money rather than invest in a business that they have to build up. They will rather have the money, and let their kids and grandchildren decide what they would do with it.

Then again, in this case, her father also used their innocence as kids to politic for voters without their consent or input, mostly because they were kids.

Same thing for these online parents always putting their kids on line, back in the day, when there was an event, parents or friends took pictures and saved it for memories; now, it's for show off, then as your kid grows, they really resent it or over embrace it.

For me, if I can feed my children, shelter, some fun, and educate them; that will be an accomplishment. If success still dey, I will increase my fun times until I kpai.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Chicagograduate(m): 3:44pm On Feb 26
Princezibk:
Na him stop the Yankee visa lottery??
Na ex president Obama stopped the American visa lottery for African countries, excluding europe wey Nigeria dey among

1 Like

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Princezibk: 4:05pm On Feb 26
Chicagograduate:
Na ex president Obama stopped the American visa lottery for African countries, excluding europe wey Nigeria dey among
Kai 😫😫

Very stewwpid man
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Iluvmycontr3: 4:16pm On Feb 26
Chicagograduate:
She for disown her papa.Na this yeye man ban free American visa for African countries.If not na there I for dey hustle.

You don't mean it,,, hmm, some of una sha🤦‍♂️
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by texazzpete(m): 4:26pm On Feb 26
Seems like a pseudonym to give herself some level of privacy. The ‘Obama’ name is too overshadowed by her dad.

Then I come here and I see long, inane discussions about ‘woke’ and ‘disowning her dad’.
No wonder many of you graduate and spend years looking for jobs.

1 Like

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by erospecial: 5:00pm On Feb 26
Which of them is mad now?
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Lerumo: 5:03pm On Feb 26
She created a pseudonym not changed her name.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Oizee(f): 5:17pm On Feb 26
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Imagine the child of a successful man doing this to her father......Even people like some of us wey their papa no even send their face self no fit try this kind play .....

Na once your papa go summon you to family meeting and na better big fine dem go take stone you...
u forget the part they will invite your mother for questioning, she must confess who your true father really is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Obainoman6: 7:36pm On Feb 26
AllenSpencer:

What’s woke in changing name!

She is an adult for crying out loud!

Do you know how many Oguntade has changed to Oluwatade, or how many Esubiyi has turned to Oluwabiyi.

Y’all just always want to make points with anything.

Your mouth dey smell.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Obainoman6: 7:38pm On Feb 26
morgstreme:

She changed her name because she doesn't want the world to later say her success in life is because she is an Obama..

Get informed..

Alot of successful ones decide to do that..

U wey never brush, what of your own papa name?
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Obainoman6: 7:39pm On Feb 26
PureFace1:

You have mental issues if you think there are no mental issues and depression in Africa.

Many Africans have committed suicide nemerous times due to depression and many are just scrapping by.

The problem with Africans is you see sufferings and smiling as a badge of honor and delusion to believe you are strong people to cope with your depression and miserable lifestyle.

Shut up, your mouth dey smell
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Obainoman6: 7:39pm On Feb 26
tollyboy5:
Who told alot of kids don't have mental depression here in Nigeria?
The blue whale is the largest sea animal.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Obainoman6: 7:41pm On Feb 26
Calitoscassius:
So Obama's daughter decides to change her last name to her grand mother's name that means she has mental illness? grin grin grin you have become Nairaland's self appointed psychiatrists suddenlly and diagnosed Malia with mental illness?

Did you know that %75 of Naigeerian are suffering from stress, anxieties and depressions? Stress, anxieties and depression can escalates to mental illness, in Naigeerian mentally ill people are seen all over in the streets walking about some with no cloths on and some mumbering to themselves. They are the people Naigeerians label "Mad people"they are not mad they are just suffering from one mental illness or the other that can be treated with medications. But Naigeeria do not care about these sick people who only needs helps.
Is that why you write an epistle, opofu like you.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Calitoscassius(m): 7:48pm On Feb 26
Obainoman6:

Is that why you write an epistle, opofu like you.
Yes!! that means i can write, try writting your own epistle if you can grin clearly you cannot. You don't even have common knowledge. grin It is not write, it is wrote. Past present tense. cheesy

Please, what does opofu mean? I couldn't find the word in my English dictionary.

I can teach you more stuff about mental illness in Naigeeria if you want. grin
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Obainoman6: 7:58pm On Feb 26
Calitoscassius:
Yes!! that means i can write, try writting your own epistle if you can grin clearly you cannot. You don't even have common knowledge. grin It is not write, it is wrote. Past present tense. cheesy

Please, what does opofu mean? I couldn't find the word in my English dictionary.

I can teach you more stuff about mental illness in Naigeeria if you want. grin

Anakogheri, when you are done tell me.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:01pm On Feb 26
Chicagograduate:
She for disown her papa.Na this yeye man ban free American visa for African countries.If not na there I for dey hustle.

She's disowning his African name, Bro!

1 Like

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Calitoscassius(m): 8:21pm On Feb 26
Obainoman6:

Anakogheri, when you are done tell me.
More rubbish! cheesy please! what does Anakogheri mean? You see? There is no point writting these words you keep writting if i don't know what they mean. Write in the language i can understand. Like English!!

They just sounds like total bollocks to me grin grin
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Gandrova: 10:08pm On Feb 26
Chicagograduate:
Don't mind the nonsense man.
And his grandparents originated from Africa

1 Like

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Favor99(m): 12:43am On Feb 27
She changed her African name to an American name. You guys here on Nairaland can continue to play as dumb as you like.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Favor99(m): 12:52am On Feb 27
Her excuse is that she is changing the name to honor her grandmother, who even died before she was born. She didn't want an African name, she wants American name, simple. I mean she is part Black American through her mother and Kenyan and mixed through her dad but her dad's paternal ancestry is African(Kenyan)
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Dshocker(m): 2:16am On Feb 27
Noticed she is looking way too old than her age.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Difrent: 6:14am On Feb 27
Chicagograduate:

That's the way of the white man
Use Black man to stop blacks from coming to America.
See how Rishi and Suella Braverman both children of immigrants are at the forefront of limiting migration...... Suella goal is to reduce Uk net migration below 100k ... because she's hoping to become PM
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Agugbadin: 6:36am On Feb 27
Malian Ann is her business name, just as you have David O,Wiz kid,Burma Boy to mention but a few.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by morgstreme: 9:33am On Feb 27
Obainoman6:

Another local MISCREANT on the beat...
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by AerialMapper: 6:15am On Mar 01
Obainoman6:

His father's name is Okoro... He will soon come and tell you story about how his father was a renowned architect who worked with Ekwueme and had excess river sand which Morgstreme now decided to advertise on Nairaland under his moniker nobeku.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by morgstreme: 7:46am On Mar 02
AerialMapper:

His father's name is Okoro... He will soon come and tell you story about how his father was a renowned architect who worked with Ekwueme and had excess river sand which Morgstreme now decided to advertise on Nairaland under his moniker nobeku.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Local thing!

You might as well go back to school and study my lifestyle,young moronic misguided pained unexposed kid of humongous inferiority complex..

Keep it coming..
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by morgstreme: 7:58am On Mar 02
AerialMapper:

You never start, town crier..

That's the way of COWARDS..Weak men with no valour..

Hide behind a screen while using his keyboard to type nonsense..

You know me right?Show me the front door of my house..I dey wait you..

You are living in a bubble..

You are TRULY mental..

Things will soon be clear to you..

Kid...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe Gets $10m Golden Handshake, Full Salary And Benefits / Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" / Turkish MP Suffers Heart Attack Right After Cursing Israel ( Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.