Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents (40068 Views)

Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji / Vice President Shettima Commissions Geometric Power Plant In Aba / Peter Obi In Abia State For The Commissioning of Aba Geometric Power (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by willexyaho(m): 11:01pm On Feb 26
Rootcures:
God bless nigeria.

For permanet cure for weak erection, quick ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, Watery and low Sperm Count, infertility and improvement of your girth reach me on WhatsApp with the number on my signature.

If after one week you do not get your desired result you are free to report my bank account for fraud and post my details online and call me out on nairaland.

Its 100 percent herbal and 90 percent bitter kola made without any side effects.

Oga for this economy?
You want someone to buy something to make something hard for long time under this already hardship?

1 Like

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by flokii: 11:04pm On Feb 26
Igbos are now waking up while my Yoruba people are still in deep slumber.. God help us.

1 Like

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by lexy2014: 11:04pm On Feb 26
Greenback:

Enemies of progress are confused 😁😁😁😁😁

See how he don mental 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

you have not answered the question.

if all the gas you say is in the SE is in my mind, how then is it in the SE? or is my mind the SE?
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Emmabyte: 11:04pm On Feb 26
My governor is working
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by lexy2014: 11:05pm On Feb 26
AngelicBeing:
Let me educate you, Favor means unmerritted grace, considering the hardship in Nigeria today, electricity is a kind of favor in this context to the poor masses, life generally is a gracious favor From God,hope you get my drift shocked
I dont get your drift

how is geometric power plant unmerited favour?
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Princewill1(m): 11:05pm On Feb 26
CaptainFM1:
Gas supply will be the doom of this white elephant project.
"Geometric Power is said to have spent about $800 million on its integrated power project, which includes the building of a 27-kilometre natural gas pipeline, from Owaza in Ukwa West LGA in Abia, to the Osisioma industrial layout in Aba."

Mr man Abia State has abundant gas reserve.

https://www.thecable.ng/tinubu-to-inaugurate-geometric-power-plant-today/amp

3 Likes

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by DissTroy(m): 11:08pm On Feb 26
I hope the owners cut off the Transmission Company of Nigeria to transmit directly.

The TCN's facilities are old so can't take up all the generated electricity.

Ibom Power generates 130MW of electricity but TCN can take up only 32MW so the Ibom Power has to transmit the rest itself while the rest goes to waste even though it can generate enough power to power Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, and most of Rivers. But the power supply in Akwa Ibom is good regardless.

Congratulations to Abia. 9 LGAs is a good start.

Other states must sit up. FG can't do it all.

1 Like

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Sccarrr: 11:08pm On Feb 26
G00dharddick:
Damn!

I see massive pains loading from our SW brothers, they'll evade this thread and wail bitterly while comparing abia to Lagos which is a very large dirty slum.

Now imagine Abia having 24/7 electricity, the pains wil be too much for our SW brothers
ode u still find a way to drag SW in to dis ..your insecurity is top notch ..can u please move back to your region in droves now wey light don dey?

2 Likes

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Duru009(m): 11:12pm On Feb 26
What is Lagos doing with the billion of naira made here everyday....

LAGOS suppose to have a 24 hrs electricity by now

1 Like

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by mbaise1000: 11:18pm On Feb 26
BBIA:
“Geometric power plant” no be any standard term for engineering.

Abeg where these IPOB the get these ideas to coin funny names to make concept wey
sound absurd?

abi na the new world standard IPOB naming convention? cool
Haaaa bross,. Some simple mind made a statement up there and you didn't disappoint, when we say the little minds dominate here, what you wrote just proved you didn't know anything about the topic or at least didn't read it, sometimes we need to think with our brains and not our fingers
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by wman(m): 11:19pm On Feb 26
Walai:
Just imagine Peter Obi's influenced legacy template in Abia is replicated nationwide. Dunno why people hate good thing seriously embarassed

Peter Obi in Abia? Peter Obi governed Anambra, not Abia.

3 Likes

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by gabbasin: 11:20pm On Feb 26
G00dharddick:
Damn!

I see massive pains loading from our SW brothers, they'll evade this thread and wail bitterly while comparing abia to Lagos which is a very large dirty slum.

Now imagine Abia having 24/7 electricity, the pains wil be too much for our SW brothers
abia state having 24/7 power supply is not only good for Abia and the south east but for Nigeria in general, it's a good development for Nigeria and it will be beneficial for the rest of the country in more than one way. If Abia is removed from the national grid, there will be more power ration to other areas from the grid. The Abia template if successful as envisaged will be a template for other states, and most importantly it will reduce the overpopulation of Lagos as most Abians and other south easterners will move to Aba to invest and work due to the development to be derived from uninterrupted power supply

5 Likes

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by mbaise1000: 11:22pm On Feb 26
Emmabyte:
My governor is working

Chief, this business belongs to Barth NNAJI and not to any govt
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by mbaise1000: 11:23pm On Feb 26
Emmabyte:
My governor is working

Chief, this business belongs to Barth NNAJI and not to any govt or governor
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Greenback: 11:33pm On Feb 26
lexy2014:

you have not answered the question.

if all the gas you say is in the SE is in my mind, how then is it in the SE? or is my mind the SE?

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Greenback: 11:35pm On Feb 26
BBIA:

Comprehension failed you.
BBIA:

I only talk about funny name oh!

sorry for saying IPOB… I meant BIAFRA grin

you know I am not a Nigerian. cool

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by kmaster007: 11:42pm On Feb 26
Aba no be Lagos
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by stagger: 11:44pm On Feb 26
nlfpmod:

By Ugodre

We heard all this in 1988 when Egbin was commissioned. Same with Afam in the early 90s.

It all became a mirage. No be Nigeria we dey?
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by aribisala0(m): 11:48pm On Feb 26
flokii:
Igbos are now waking up while my Yoruba people are still in deep slumber.. God help us.
Inferiority complex
The first governor to conceive independent power was Tinubu who brought Enron to Egbin
Fashola commissioned independent power plants and The Metro rail is powered by electricity

The Blue line has a dedicated 18 MW POWER PLANT
So stop deceiving yourself no matter how fast a horse runs it will always meet the road in front

Yoruba are always ahead of you.
There is nothing you will do that we are not doing better

6 Likes

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by blowjohn(m): 12:03am On Feb 27
Good one.
It's still a long way to see the product..... Gas, discos, tarrifs etc
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by daveP(m): 12:21am On Feb 27
Just so glad things like this become reality. It is a big big win for Abia state. Imagine states with plants being foremost beneficiaries of the power generated in their domain?! Life would be much better than this sending to national grid before redistribution. We'll get there!!

If it was this way, it will spur those without plants to do exactly what Gov Otti has done. But laziness is synonymous with governors. They get praised for things LGA chairmen ought to be using to brag.

1 Like

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by CaptainFM1: 12:46am On Feb 27
Princewill1:
[s]Geometric Power is said to have spent about $800 million on its integrated power project, which includes [b]the building of a 27-kilometre natural gas pipeline, from Owaza in Ukwa West LGA in Abia, to the Osisioma industrial layout in Aba.

Mr man Abia State has abundant gas reserve.
[/s]
https://www.thecable.ng/tinubu-to-inaugurate-geometric-power-plant-today/amp

Save this message and come back in a year or two to validate what I said. Do we not have oil pipelines laid all over Nigeria? Why are we still having problems supplying oil since oil was discovered? I like to be optimistic like you too, but it's good to be objective as well. This is Nigeria, not Qatar, Saudi Arabia, or Canada. I live here, in-case you don't.

1 Like

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Amalekki: 12:47am On Feb 27
grin grin grin grin

Abeg na Obi's template o. Obi that already generated 22,000MW of energy for Anambra State powered by Hero Beer.

wman:

Peter Obi in Abia? Peter Obi governed Anambra, not Abia.
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Amalekki: 12:49am On Feb 27
Tinubu used Obi's template for that Egbin plant masterplan. I heard it authoritatively at Mama Nkechi's nkwobi joint last night.

aribisala0:

Inferiority complex
The first governor to conceive independent power was Tinubu who brought Enron to Egbin
Fashola commissioned independent power plants and The Metro rail is powered by electricity

The Blue line has a dedicated 18 MW POWER PLANT
So stop deceiving yourself no matter how fast a horse runs it will always meet the road in front

Yoruba are always ahead of you.
There is nothing you will do that we are not doing better
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by BBIA: 12:52am On Feb 27
[quote author=Greenback post=128664571][/quote]
Can I buy a made in Aba brain from you? no offense grin
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by xukwaa: 1:13am On Feb 27
9ja is screwed and that is why this news is a junk. My papa Tinubu disappoint me. Why carry the electricity to Aba when there are alot you can do in Lagos?
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by LagosG: 1:53am On Feb 27
lexy2014:

how is this power plant a product of "Peter Obi's influenced legacy template"?

what influence did peter obi have in this endeavour?
By replying, you sef fuckup
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by LagosG: 1:57am On Feb 27
Sccarrr:
ode u still find a way to drag SW in to dis ..your insecurity is top notch ..can u please move back to your region in droves now wey light don dey?
If this project was anywhere in the SW, our SE brothers will use their mouths to bastardize it

2 Likes

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by mrwilliams9: 2:01am On Feb 27
This is a very big development. Not just for residents, but for businesses alike.

You can’t empower people without stable power and energy.

People will know now that if they pay their bills, they will have access to stable light.

The key thing for this project will be the distribution. If the plant can distribute was it produces, then Abia will undergo massive industrialization.

Great work Prof Nnaji!
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Emmabyte: 2:18am On Feb 27
All you mention work together for the betterment of all of us in abia oga get lost
mbaise1000:

Chief, this business belongs to Barth NNAJI and not to any govt or governor
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Maxtipulation(m): 2:30am On Feb 27
CaptainFM1:
Gas supply will be the doom of this white elephant project.

Abia has abundant natural gas reserve...can't you read? they connected a 27km natural gas pipeline to the location in Osisioma.
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by bemeruca: 2:31am On Feb 27
Question is, una transformers good?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Operation Crocodile Smile: See What Soldiers Did In A Nairalander's Community / Shina Peller Arrested And Detained By The Police / Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.