Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents (40045 Views)

Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji / Vice President Shettima Commissions Geometric Power Plant In Aba / Peter Obi In Abia State For The Commissioning of Aba Geometric Power (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by sulaak(m): 2:41am On Feb 27
G00dharddick:
Damn!

I see massive pains loading from our SW brothers, they'll evade this thread and wail bitterly while comparing abia to Lagos which is a very large dirty slum.

Now imagine Abia having 24/7 electricity, the pains wil be too much for our SW brothers

What has the SW got to do with the Igbo's economic development? Develop your region in peace

4 Likes

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by afube: 2:46am On Feb 27
G00dharddick:
Damn!

I see massive pains loading from our SW brothers, they'll evade this thread and wail bitterly while comparing abia to Lagos which is a very large dirty slum.

Now imagine Abia having 24/7 electricity, the pains wil be too much for our SW brothers

Why should they be in pain?........Lagos has tremendous power production capacity,that can be increased in the medium to long term with a disciplined government! Lagos will grow and become better when lagosians realise that it cannot become wealthy if it is surrounded by poor states and poor people! The reason why Black Africans continue to reap poverty is because of the wicked and vindictive politics we play ( usually based on tribal and religious sentiments)............................How is it that while fulanis where in power for 8 years Air peace was never granted flying permits to the key UK and US markets, How come Geometric was never granted the permission to generate and distribute power,how come the fulanis refused to complete complete and commission the enugu international terminal........etc etc. The yorubas claim they are liberal minded and thus far Tinubu has been on the right path for now........let him continue to liberalize the economy..........it will be to the eternal benefit of all!

4 Likes

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by MasterTeeUSA: 2:57am On Feb 27
I have actually congratulated and praised this move...in SW, we are too smart and understand decentralization. It also helps...our SE brothers can finally go back home and stop trying to colonize Lagos. This is a win-win for us...and more electricity for the country minus Aba. I am sure Geometric Power will make sure electricity is paid...no more electricity theft and stealing of transformers and wires.

G00dharddick:
Damn!

2 Likes

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Bintasukai: 3:15am On Feb 27
G00dharddick:
Damn!

Nah, we are happy. Because it shows it can be done successfully. Why will development pain us, when we are not you. We’ve left that type of pain to your guys.

Sharp sharp inside your post you don include Lagos, sharp sharp you don pass judgement. Your case is the first case worldwide in history where instead of you living in a city, the city is living in your head for free. So try, even though you tried to sound lighthearted, your pain can be discerned from your words. Una go find trouble, come always Dey claim victim, e Dey una blood.

Small 188 mw you don rush go carry Vaseline and tissue. You never see the type before.

2 Likes

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Funkyswagzz(m): 3:27am On Feb 27
Kay25:
😄 no be obi template something wey dem do dey do since days of theodre orji

But you forgot the project was abandoned including the altar morden market in aba but labour party came in and completed all of them. Look at the time you mentioned and the past governors. You guys should stop arguing blindly labour party is transforming abia state speedily.
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Bintasukai: 3:32am On Feb 27
AngelicBeing:
Let me educate you, Favor means unmerritted grace, considering the hardship in Nigeria today, electricity is a kind of favor in this context to the poor masses, life generally is a gracious favor From God,hope you get my drift shocked

Oga you no get drift. With your unmerited arrogance, you want to educate yet you are as confused as this. You are not even fit to be a student, talk less of Teacher. To start with, you can’t even spell unmerited.
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by viodemus: 3:47am On Feb 27
Congrats to geometric power plant, but this is a drop in the ocean of what is needed. Let the igbo tribe/nation, not stand around and be carried away.

To sufficiently power all the igbo sides from delta to Rivers, we need about 2000 GWh, to start looking serious within ourselves or vs serious countries that are upgrading to tetrawatt.

We need mass electricity not just for chilling, but for industries and commercial activities like geometric is doing.

When we get serious as a group, we can open speciality manufacturing, that will produce the parts for the plant. Atleast 80% of the plant's parts. We also need smart farming and living.
In serious working countries, for 1 million people, they use the equivalent of 5 to 10 streets, for farming. High quality producing farming. Since there is a concern about artificial It is also true, they build high, (in most parts of america, after 3 floors, the building requires an elevator, mostly no exceptions ) .

May God continue to over bless this great tribe.

2 Likes

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by freeDR(m): 3:51am On Feb 27
G00dharddick:
Damn!

I'm from Southwest, and I'm very happy to read the news. What's your f..King problem?

2 Likes

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by AngelicBeing: 3:58am On Feb 27
Bintasukai:

I am hungry and frustrated in Nigeria and as a result I am a nuisance online, due to hunger and frustration, l don't know that people can make typo errors while typing, the hunger in Nigeria has blocked my brain and I might likely die of hunger Soon, I am a lunatic, belch by a village witch and a frustrated idiot .
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by StingingStinger: 4:01am On Feb 27
Akpaamunsi:

Ronu people, abeg celebrate with una eastern brothers for once on una lives na

At last something to rejoice by Ponu amaka.
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by slimthugchimee2(m): 4:11am On Feb 27
CaptainFM1:
Gas supply will be the doom of this white elephant project.

Power plant is a white elephant project?

You must be very brain dead
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by tollyboy5(m): 4:45am On Feb 27
Walai:
Just imagine Peter Obi's influenced legacy template in Abia is replicated nationwide. Dunno why people hate good thing seriously embarassed
How is it Peter obi influence?
Orisirisi
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by OgaRico(m): 5:00am On Feb 27
Be it as it may, there is nothing special here because this is one of the many mandates the current Government of the State promised the electrorates during campaign.
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by kenny160: 5:05am On Feb 27
G00dharddick:
Damn!

Sorry, always reason with your head not your an,us. I am from South West and if you see how happpy I am to hear the news you will think I am from Abia. I am just Happy coz is part progress in our country. Sincerely speaking you people need to stop this tribal nons,ense Yoruba is not like igbo, you people have created hatred in Nigeria these days, you can comment without abusing anyone, atleast you will not d,ie.

2 Likes

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by VIKTO83(m): 5:16am On Feb 27
People should also know that regular power supply goes with regular charges.
So they should learn to pay power bills and not to boycott metre.
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by emmi14: 5:34am On Feb 27
G00dharddick:
Damn!

You speaking like a public nuisance. Use this wasted energy and pray for the efficiency of the project. It could be undermine by one useless policy . God forbid.

1 Like

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by emmi14: 5:36am On Feb 27
BBIA:
“Geometric power plant” no be any standard term for engineering.

Abeg where these IPOB the get these ideas to coin funny names to make concept wey
sound absurd?

abi na the new world standard IPOB naming convention? cool
When id. Iot speaks we know
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by emmi14: 5:37am On Feb 27
kingar:
Irrespective of the party. A politician is a politician, I think we should keep this hype and celebration until after a month or probably a week of uninterrupted power supply then we can sing and dance.
Note: APC is a 🤡
Peter Obi can never be involved in nonsense
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by AntiWailer: 5:52am On Feb 27
Walai:
Just imagine Peter Obi's influenced legacy template in Abia is replicated nationwide. Dunno why people hate good thing seriously embarassed

na PO be Barth Nnaji ?

No wonder una dey always sound like clowns every where.

When PO had the opportunity to invest na brewery he invest in.

A man invested in power and choose Aba , ignorants are shouting PO

Au is that related ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by unbiased2021: 5:54am On Feb 27
CaptainFM1:

White elephant project
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by DavidEsq(m): 5:56am On Feb 27
sigil:
Abia has been favoured by God the father
This is our problem in Nigeria. So are u saying God holds Abia in esteem and finds the rest of Nigeria repulsive? They voted the right person and this is the result. If this simple logic is rocket science to you, then indeed, we Nigerians are in for a long thing
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by sholla20(m): 6:00am On Feb 27
I'm not vast in this Electricity field and all but as a layman ,sometimes I wonder how much it took some African countries with Regular power supply to have been able to achieve that. Remember Nigeria spent around 16billion dollars on same electricity within 16years and have nothing to show for it.

Talking about this project alone, I learnt it gulped around 800million dollars to generate about 188MW which can give a large percentage of Abia constant power, so how much would it cost to Power the whole country uninterrupted 🤔🤔🤔

South Africa & Egypt generates over 58,000MW each. How much did it cost these counties to have been able to pull this off. Are they more financially buoyant than Nigeria? Is this feat unachievable? What exactly is the problem?
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by lexy2014: 6:09am On Feb 27
LagosG:

By replying, you sef fuckup

In what way? pls explain what you mean.
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by abdsamad(m): 6:11am On Feb 27
DavidEsq:

This is our problem in Nigeria. So are u saying God holds Abia in esteem and finds the rest of Nigeria repulsive? They voted the right person and this is the result. If this simple logic is rocket science to you, then indeed, we Nigerians are in for a long thing

I don't want to step in the middle of anything here but I think you may have taken the comment analysis too far.
If someone says God has favoured a person or a country, it's not meant to spite others. It's the same way saying happy birthday to yourself doesn't mean you're saying others should have sad days.

Also, favoring someone doesn't translate to holding them in high esteem or higher esteem than others. The general subtext to 'God has favoured you' is "I pray we are also fortunate soon".

As for whether it's about the man elected or not... One thing doesn't necessarily have to be untrue for the other to be true. God has favoured them, good. God doesn't build power plants though, so he favoured them by helping them elect someone who would actually deliver.

Summary, you can take another look at your stance and adjust it a little. Maybe. If you're the kind of person to value that kind of thing.
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by lexy2014: 6:11am On Feb 27
[quote author=Greenback post=128664550][/quote]

if all the gas you say is in the SE is in my mind, how then is it in the SE? or is my mind the SE?
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by DavidEsq(m): 6:16am On Feb 27
abdsamad:

I don't want to step in the middle of anything here but I think you may have taken the comment analysis too far.
If someone says God has favoured a person or a country, it's not meant to spite others. It's the same way saying happy birthday to yourself doesn't mean you're saying others should have sad days.

Also, favoring someone doesn't translate to holding them in high esteem or higher esteem than others. The general subtext to 'God has favoured you' is "I pray we are also fortunate soon".

As for whether it's about the man elected or not... One thing doesn't necessarily have to be untrue for the other to be true. God has favoured them, good. God doesn't build power plants though, so he favoured them by helping them elect someone who would actually deliver.

Summary, you can take another look at your stance and adjust it a little. Maybe. If you're the kind of person to value that kind of thing.
Why do people always have plenty of words with little scriptures, when it comes to talking about God related things? Always plenty words.
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by nairalanda1(m): 6:29am On Feb 27
Congrats, but i hope the plant won't be wrecked by power thieves, and by the lack of a cost reflective tarrif.
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by JIBO4REAL(m): 6:40am On Feb 27
Jokerman:
I wish I was in Aba noe rather than this Iseyin Igbo wey I dey

Iseyin get constant power more than that your whole Abia go and verify
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by emerged01(m): 6:57am On Feb 27
olax02:
We hope it works to eradicate power epileptics in the region. undecided

How will 188mw eradicate power epileptic in southeast region? Out of 17 local govt in Abia it can only power 9 local govt,8 local govt will still be struggling with power.

1 Like

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Ifylee515: 7:02am On Feb 27
More than 90 percentage of Aba residents slept without light last night
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Forumobserver12(m): 7:12am On Feb 27
CaptainFM1:

How can you call this a white elephant project? A project that was solely executed by private investors A WHITE ELEPHANT PROJECT? Does it mean that the was not needed in the first place or what?

These are the kind of project both public and private entities need to embark on nationwide cos we need energy to drive out economy as a nation....
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Great0ne1: 7:12am On Feb 27
CaptainFM1:
Hope hunger doesn't end you before then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oshiomhole's Dancing Style At APC Rally Yesterday / Peter Obi's Lagos Rally: Akin Alabi Salutes Pastor Adefarasin / The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.