Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Tinubu Orders Merger, Scrapping Of Many Govt Agencies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Orders Merger, Scrapping Of Many Govt Agencies (424 Views)

Tinubu Orders Massive Fixing Of Federal Roads Nationwide (list) / Tinubu Orders Withdrawal Of 24-Year-Old Kashim’s Nomination As FERMA Chairman / Stop Payment To MDA's Till Further Notice, Tinubu Orders CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Orders Merger, Scrapping Of Many Govt Agencies by Visblog: 5:17am On Feb 27
President Bola Tinubu has ordered the full implementation of the Stephen Oronsaye report.⁣ The Oronsaye report proposed a leaner government by merging some agencies and scrapping many others. The president’s decision was announced by a presidential spokesperson, Bayo Onanuga, in a post on X.

“Twelve years after the Steve Oronsaye panel submitted its report on restructuring and rationalizing Federal government parastatals and agencies and a white paper issued two years after, President Tinubu and the Federal Executive Council today decided to implement the report,” Mr Onanuga wrote.

“Many agencies will be scrapped and many others will be merged, to pave way to a leaner government,” he said.

Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, also disclosed this while briefing State House correspondents at the end of the FEC meeting, presided over by President Bola Tinubu, at the Council Chamber, Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The minister explained that with the adoption of the report, it means that some agencies, commissions and departments of government have been scrapped, some merged, some subsumed under some others and others moved under new ministries where they are supposed to perform better.
“In a very bold move today, this administration, under the leadership of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, consistent again with his courage to take very far-reaching decisions in the interest of Nigerians, has taken a decision to implement the so called Orosanye Report.

“Now, what that means is that a number of agencies, commissions, and some departments have actually been scrapped, some have been merged, while others have been subsumed. Others, of course, have also been moved from some ministries to others where government feels they will operate better.

“Like I said, this is a very far-reaching decision. It is aimed, one, to fine-tune or to restructure government operations as a whole. Secondly, it’s in line also with decision of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to reduce the cost of governance”, he said.

https://www.visblog.ng/2024/02/tinubu-orders-merger-scrapping-of-many.html

Re: Tinubu Orders Merger, Scrapping Of Many Govt Agencies by Lumarstone: 6:24am On Feb 27
Goverment of decit..! They are going to implement this report fast enough in order to rob Peter to enable them pay Paul.

I left..!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Orders Merger, Scrapping Of Many Govt Agencies by Nokio2: 6:27am On Feb 27
Just to razzle civil servant's not to protest
Yesterday I realise 9ja don finish

Patapata

One guy post pic of sniper bottle for IG

Come write "I'm about to end it all"

FTC come ansa "brotherly, drink remain for me abeg ,even if na two spoons, since 3wks my money never complete to buy d bottle"
Re: Tinubu Orders Merger, Scrapping Of Many Govt Agencies by PointZerom: 6:41am On Feb 27
After making appointments and approving billions of Naira to those agencies you now realized that they ought to have bn merged.

You're a COMPLETED MANGO TREE in Odumeje's voice.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Orders Merger, Scrapping Of Many Govt Agencies by SWATMan: 7:00am On Feb 27
This is meant to frighten the NLC grin grin grin . Jagaban na master.
Re: Tinubu Orders Merger, Scrapping Of Many Govt Agencies by Acidosis(m): 8:12am On Feb 27
Scrapping of 3 agencies out of the 54 recommended agencies by the Oransaye report is why you're celebrating??

Politicians really have una muu mu button

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Orders Merger, Scrapping Of Many Govt Agencies by commoditiesnig: 8:43am On Feb 27
Good decision
Re: Tinubu Orders Merger, Scrapping Of Many Govt Agencies by commoditiesnig: 8:44am On Feb 27
Lumarstone:
Goverment of decit..! They are going to implement this report fast enough in order to rob Peter to enable them pay Paul.

I left..!
You're not making any sense my friend! You guys should stop being silly!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Orders Merger, Scrapping Of Many Govt Agencies by OhuDealer: 8:49am On Feb 27
Lumarstone:

I left..!

Rest.

Most of these MDAs are a drain on the polity and only serve as conduits to siphon money by politicians and as a welfare centre to political cronies and their relatives.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Have Known Ribadu For 30 Years, There Was No Time He Labelled Tinubu, Orji Ka / Again, Best Governor In The South East To The Rescue / Hamas-israel War: US Govt Approves More Bombs, Warplanes For Israel – Sources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.