Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,245 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha (16609 Views)

Obi Expresses Shock Over Planned Demolition Of 200 Houses In Nuwalege Community / Peter Obi Expresses Shock Over Attacks In Kaduna / Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by SatoshiX: 9:26pm On Feb 27
Treasure17:

Nonsense talk.
May Peter obi pay you condolence visit

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by christistruth01: 9:27pm On Feb 27
cool
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Treasure17(m): 9:28pm On Feb 27
SatoshiX:

Get a life.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:28pm On Feb 27
seunmsg:
When will Tinubu be blamed for this?

Oh I forgot, most of the victims voted for Tinubu. This is a direct punishment for the way they voted at the last presidential election. Election have consequences so they say. cool

I wish I can meet u in person let know what ur daily life is like.. u seem hopeless when u speak
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Treasure17(m): 9:29pm On Feb 27
SatoshiX:

See them πŸ˜‚πŸ€‘
Go and update his profile on Wikipedia az the President na.
Anu.... πŸ˜‚
Ofcourse. Hug transformer ogbeni.
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Exceed15: 9:31pm On Feb 27
SatoshiX:
Chief mourner of the nation. πŸ˜‚
Anywhere bad news dey, Obi must dey. πŸ˜†

Election is over nah .. how is Nigeria fairing now is the major concern
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by SatoshiX: 9:31pm On Feb 27
Treasure17:

Ofcourse. Hug transformer ogbeni.
Treasure17:

Get a life.
Pains is that you? Stil more 7 years ndo? πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by TimeTraveller: 9:32pm On Feb 27
Always sad.
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by SatoshiX: 9:32pm On Feb 27
Exceed15:

Election is over nah .. how is Nigeria fairing now is the major concern
Nigeria is getting back on track for greatness.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by bewla(m): 9:34pm On Feb 27
Kaycee9242:
And one agbadorian was wailing on the other thread that Obi didn't make statement on this. What 30k cannot do does not exist
Most you play politics with every thing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Exceed15: 9:35pm On Feb 27
RockHard:
PBAT should please create a special ministry of mourning affairs for Peter Obi. E go too fit am wella coz he has a talent for mourning and grieving.
Looooooool.... Tinubu till 2098.... Yeye people
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by seunmsg(m): 9:36pm On Feb 27
Funkyswagzz:

I wish I can meet u in person let know what ur daily life is like.. u seem hopeless when u speak

Why will any reasonable person want to meet someone who appear hopeless? Una no dey think before posting? Anyway, not being able to think sensibly is a major factor to qualify as an Obidient so I’m not surprised.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by deji17: 9:37pm On Feb 27
They cursed INEC chairman, this is happening.... Hmmm..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Lumarstone: 9:40pm On Feb 27
The Man with human sympety..!
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by tolue42(m): 9:44pm On Feb 27
Kaycee9242:
And one agbadorian was wailing on the other thread that Obi didn't make statement on this. What 30k cannot do does not exist

Minister of disaster and bad news has spoken at last.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by truthfinder319: 9:50pm On Feb 27
Always rushing to cash in on disaster in other regions now he has to do it at home
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by truthfinder319: 9:51pm On Feb 27
Yes President o Alaba Market and Biafra not Nigeria

Malroux:
The president we voted for.
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by AllenSpencer: 9:53pm On Feb 27
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

It was really a very gory sight to behold.
The incidence occured at exactly 08:45 PM, yesterday, and I was just passing by.

The one that wrecked my heart completely was the cry of a man that was trapped, crying for help, but the building's deadload was just too much for our punny strength to overcome.

I couldn't stand the sight and cries of those trapped as I immediately left the scene, I didn't know what later happened to them.

For the safety of the general public,
it's about time the government swung into action to address building collapses in Nigeria, which requires a comprehensive approach that involves multiple stakeholders, just like my Boss pointed out above. The government must, especially number 7, enforce strict compliance to these possible solutions below, viz.

1. Implement strict building codes and regulations to ensure that construction projects adhere to safety standards. Regular inspections and monitoring are crucial in this regard.

2. Improve oversight of construction projects by requiring licensed professionals such as Quantity Surveyors, Architects and Engineers to be involved in the cost management, design and supervision of buildings.

3. Educate the public about the importance of building safety and the dangers of cutting corners during construction. Empower citizens to report substandard construction practices.

4. Enhance the capacity of regulatory bodies and local authorities to enforce building regulations effectively. This may involve training programs, resource allocation, and technology adoption.

5. Provide technical support to builders and developers to ensure they have the knowledge and resources to construct safe buildings.

6. Develop and implement emergency response plans to swiftly respond to building collapses, including search and rescue operations.

7. Hold accountable those responsible for negligence or violation of building regulations to deter future incidents.

8. Foster collaboration among government agencies, construction industry stakeholders, academia, and the community to collectively work towards ensuring building safety.

If your number 7 point should be strictly enforced, you will realize that, the same people you trying to protect will come from your head.

We don’t like law, order and truth in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Asswipemod: 10:01pm On Feb 27
seunmsg:
When will Tinubu be blamed for this?

Oh I forgot, most of the victims voted for Tinubu. This is a direct punishment for the way they voted at the last presidential election. Election have consequences so they say. cool

Kadoso Mutairu aka seunmsg!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Teeklef(m): 10:01pm On Feb 27
SatoshiX:

Which kin wahala be this bayii.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Rostikol: 10:02pm On Feb 27
Ttalk:
Just look at the way he deliberately omits the state from the government to confuse obidients and blame the federal government when it is the state's responsibility to enact laws on building control and monitoring.

Obi should simply admit there was no state law during and after his tenure to oversee building control and specifications,

EXACTLY.

HE THINKS HE IS SMART, BUT WE SAW RIGHT THROUGH THAT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Exceed15: 10:04pm On Feb 27
SatoshiX:

Nigeria is getting back on track for greatness.

Looooooool... Tinubu till 2098.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:15pm On Feb 27
seunmsg:

Why will any reasonable person want to meet someone who appear hopeless? Una no dey think before posting? Anyway, not being able to think sensibly is a major factor to qualify as an Obidient so I’m not surprised.

Obviously to help you have a better life maybe this is the only way you get little happiness. What benefit is it to you when you attack someone who is not handling the affairs of this country. You should channel your energy on something positive cos what you doing now is absolutely pointless. You speak ill about everyone buh ur president has destroyed the country with his try and error policy. So tell me mr hopeful when will the economy regain its strength. When will you and your people stop complaining of hunger. You see it's one thing to have power but it's another thing to make proper use of it. Use this energy to tackle ur president to make a better decision than waste it on Peter obi cos he will never correct the wrong decisions ur president is making. Ignorance is a disease

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Kay25(m): 10:17pm On Feb 27
We want u visit them as u dey do for other states and then to all of una wey mock ekiti and oyo people for voting bat say na why evil dey happen.. hope dis na ur own good time

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Tareq1105: 10:17pm On Feb 27
Kaycee9242:

Obi should go and pay condolences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by AntiWailer: 10:25pm On Feb 27
Minister of Sad News and Condolences.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Orinechi: 10:44pm On Feb 27
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

The incidence occured at exactly 08:45 PM, yesterday, and I was just passing by.

The one that wrecked my heart completely was the cry of a man that was trapped, crying for help, but the building's deadload was just too much for our punny strength to overcome.

I couldn't stand the sight and cries of those trapped as I immediately left the scene, I didn't know what later happened to them.

it's about time the government swung into action to address building collapses in Nigeria, which requires a comprehensive approach that involves multiple stakeholders, just like my Boss pointed out above. The government must, especially number 7, enforce strict compliance to these possible solutions below, viz.

1. Implement strict building codes and regulations to ensure that construction projects adhere to safety standards. Regular inspections and monitoring are crucial in this regard.

2. Improve oversight of construction projects by requiring licensed professionals such as Quantity Surveyors, Architects and Engineers to be involved in the cost management, design and supervision of buildings.

3. Educate the public about the importance of building safety and the dangers of cutting corners during construction. Empower citizens to report substandard construction practices.

4. Enhance the capacity of regulatory bodies and local authorities to enforce building regulations effectively. This may involve training programs, resource allocation, and technology adoption.

5. Provide technical support to builders and developers to ensure they have the knowledge and resources to construct safe buildings.

6. Develop and implement emergency response plans to swiftly respond to building collapses, including search and rescue operations.

7. Hold accountable those responsible for negligence or violation of building regulations to deter future incidents.

8. Foster collaboration among government agencies, construction industry stakeholders, academia, and the community to collectively work towards ensuring building safety.
The ones they did in Lagos u and ur boss said the target was Igbos

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by emperor4love(m): 11:09pm On Feb 27
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

u go school my broda and u must be an environmentalist
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by CluelessMODS: 11:25pm On Feb 27
Malroux:
The president we voted for.
At Nsukka.
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by CluelessMODS: 11:26pm On Feb 27
SatoshiX:
What does black dress signify again? Sadness, sorrow, bad news, bad luck, etc.
May Peter Obi not visits us in Jesus name. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
Amen πŸ™
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by CluelessMODS: 11:27pm On Feb 27
Ayo25:
2085------ Peter Obi for President grin
3085 you mean?
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by victorclean(f): 11:28pm On Feb 27
A true leader

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Cries Out, Accuses AMCON Of Threatening Her Husband's Life (Pics) / Court Stops EFCC, Police, DSS, CCT From Probing Saraki / Dapo Abiodun Visits Governor Ajimobi At His Office In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.