Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha (16682 Views)

Obi Expresses Shock Over Planned Demolition Of 200 Houses In Nuwalege Community / Peter Obi Expresses Shock Over Attacks In Kaduna / Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by CluelessMODS: 11:34pm On Feb 27
Funkyswagzz:

Obviously to help you have a better life maybe this is the only way you get little happiness. What benefit is it to you when you attack someone who is not handling the affairs of this country. You should channel your energy on something positive cos what you doing now is absolutely pointless. You speak ill about everyone buh ur president has destroyed the country with his try and error policy. So tell me mr hopeful when will the economy regain its strength. When will you and your people stop complaining of hunger. You see it's one thing to have power but it's another thing to make proper use of it. Use this energy to tackle ur president to make a better decision than waste it on Peter obi cos he will never correct the wrong decisions ur president is making. Ignorance is a disease
He is not handling the affairs of the country but he keeps jumping up and talking up and down like he is the president. He even address Nigerians on independence day like the president! Tell your Obi to keep quiet Atiku also contested but we hardly hear about him. If he thinks doing all that will make him win in 2027 then that time hbp go finish him he won't be able to talk talkless of jumping up and down.
If you like quote me, insult me I won't respond because you OBIdients are brainwashed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by CluelessMODS: 11:37pm On Feb 27
Funkyswagzz:

I wish I can meet u in person let know what ur daily life is like.. u seem hopeless when u speak
Haha he dey pain you? Anytime something bad happens in the west you easterners will say we are suffering because we voted Tinubu, now dem don give you back he dey pain you....
Lmao 😂🤣

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by favor914: 11:55pm On Feb 27
Kaycee9242:
And one agbadorian was wailing on the other thread that Obi didn't make statement on this. What 30k cannot do does not exist
He will blame Tinubu as usual.
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by favor914: 11:56pm On Feb 27
CluelessMODS:

He is not handling the affairs of the country but he keeps jumping up and talking up and down like he is the president. He even address Nigerians on independence day like the president! Tell your Obi to keep quiet Atiku also contested but we hardly hear about him. If he thinks doing all that will make him win in 2027 then that time hbp go finish him he won't be able to talk talkless of jumping up and down.
If you like quote me, insult me I won't respond because you OBIdients are brainwashed.
You dey mind the useless hypocrite?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Funkyswagzz(m): 12:01am On Feb 28
CluelessMODS:

Wait a minute so you are actually saying Peter obi is dragging to be the president and you want him to keep quiet. Wow you really can't be satisfied with anything.. lemme ask you if for instance obi had an accident and he goes into coma for like 8 months will you be happy?
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Tochj(m): 12:12am On Feb 28
Golan007:
And he's smiling ?
is this one illiterate or shere stupidity
So the picture story is when he spoke?
No wonder you are with APC🤨🤔🤔
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Funkyswagzz(m): 12:17am On Feb 28
CluelessMODS:

Haha he dey pain you? Anytime something bad happens in the west you easterners will say we are suffering because we voted Tinubu, now dem don give you back he dey pain you....
Lmao 😂🤣

Lol you clearly the reflection of what you said. Look at how happy you are.. in my opinion you guys didn't vote tinubu rather he was the highest bidder for the seat. What is actually painting me is that people like you are feeling the hardship but you are happy because he is your brother. Had it been it was obi I am 100% sure ur tribe would repeated the Jonathan effect or worse, the evidence is there.
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by charlizonto: 12:27am On Feb 28
[quote author=SatoshiX post=128681073]
Nigeria is getting back on track for greatness.
When u are not smoking
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by charlizonto: 12:31am On Feb 28
SatoshiX:

Nigeria is getting back on track for greatness.
When you are not smoking
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by HeroicMeastro: 2:42am On Feb 28
Malroux:
The president we voted for.
You and ur people from the sad-east
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by CluelessMODS: 3:28am On Feb 28
Funkyswagzz:

Lol you clearly the reflection of what you said. Look at how happy you are.. in my opinion you guys didn't vote tinubu rather he was the highest bidder for the seat. What is actually painting me is that people like you are feeling the hardship but you are happy because he is your brother. Had it been it was obi I am 100% sure ur tribe would repeated the Jonathan effect or worse, the evidence is there.
What stops your tribe from reflecting Jonathan effect on Tinubu? To you everybody is suffering like you. What of all the curses you people are heaping on Tinubu? Why didn't go to court and prove that we didn't vote Tinubu? You will continue to be in pain

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by CluelessMODS: 3:29am On Feb 28
Funkyswagzz:

Wait a minute so you are actually saying Peter obi is dragging to be the president and you want him to keep quiet. Wow you really can't be satisfied with anything.. lemme ask you if for instance obi had an accident and he goes into coma for like 8 months will you be happy?
What is this clown 🤡 saying?
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by HRMK: 3:40am On Feb 28
saddened indeed!was this not same state you ruled for donkey years?but which you refused to live in for been inferior to other states?the usual and normal crocodiles tears of our politicians!
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Chochovini: 5:03am On Feb 28
Malroux:
The president we voted for.
. Exactly. Then the useless inec and the corrupt judiciary imposed one mic licker, cert. forger and a drug baron on us, subverting our wills that got us where we are today.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Debest49ja: 5:05am On Feb 28
Had it been you build our state well when you are governor all this can be avoided. You rule Anambra for over nine years no single ultrasound market nothing apart from shoprite no single shopping mall in Anambra. I think I'd time will stopping deceiving ourselves and focus.
Meanwhile rest in peace to the dead may they found peace in the bosom of Almighty.

quote author=DamnnNiggarr post=128680267] shocked

It was really a very gory sight to behold.
The incidence occured at exactly 08:45 PM, yesterday, and I was just passing by.

The one that wrecked my heart completely was the cry of a man that was trapped, crying for help, but the building's deadload was just too much for our punny strength to overcome.

I couldn't stand the sight and cries of those trapped as I immediately left the scene, I didn't know what later happened to them.

For the safety of the general public,
it's about time the government swung into action to address building collapses in Nigeria, which requires a comprehensive approach that involves multiple stakeholders, just like my Boss pointed out above. The government must, especially number 7, enforce strict compliance to these possible solutions below, viz.

1. Implement strict building codes and regulations to ensure that construction projects adhere to safety standards. Regular inspections and monitoring are crucial in this regard.

2. Improve oversight of construction projects by requiring licensed professionals such as Quantity Surveyors, Architects and Engineers to be involved in the cost management, design and supervision of buildings.

3. Educate the public about the importance of building safety and the dangers of cutting corners during construction. Empower citizens to report substandard construction practices.

4. Enhance the capacity of regulatory bodies and local authorities to enforce building regulations effectively. This may involve training programs, resource allocation, and technology adoption.

5. Provide technical support to builders and developers to ensure they have the knowledge and resources to construct safe buildings.

6. Develop and implement emergency response plans to swiftly respond to building collapses, including search and rescue operations.

7. Hold accountable those responsible for negligence or violation of building regulations to deter future incidents.

8. Foster collaboration among government agencies, construction industry stakeholders, academia, and the community to collectively work towards ensuring building safety.[/quote]
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Chochovini: 5:16am On Feb 28
SEsellingBabies:
The hypocrite Peter girigory Obi has opened his gutter mouth again
. Despite all the insults, he is still greater than all your kins put together by a million times over.
Kiss the truth.
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by itsene: 5:40am On Feb 28
Peter Obi should just go away.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Kaycee9242(m): 6:20am On Feb 28
bewla:
Most you play politics with every thing

Go and ask your agbado colleague that question
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Funkyswagzz(m): 6:25am On Feb 28
CluelessMODS:

What is this clown 🤡 saying?

Oh you can't read again and now am a clown lol
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Funkyswagzz(m): 6:28am On Feb 28
CluelessMODS:

What stops your tribe from reflecting Jonathan effect on Tinubu? To you everybody is suffering like you. What of all the curses you people are heaping on Tinubu? Why didn't go to court and prove that we didn't vote Tinubu? You will continue to be in pain

The truth is bitter. Look at how all those smile of yours went away and your hands started shaking.

Ahh doctor give me para I'm in pain... Mumu
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by franugo(m): 6:47am On Feb 28
Putindbutt:
After Reno don enter am well.. the fear of Reno. But Obi na hypocrisy go kill am, he didn't push any blame on the Governor this time, he even told the people to follow laid down procedures. if this happened in Lagos, he would have politicized and tribalised it.

Pls provide a source on where he blamed lagos govt for the collapse of a building
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by VerifiedGadgets: 6:54am On Feb 28
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

The incidence occured at exactly 08:45 PM, yesterday, and I was just passing by.

The one that wrecked my heart completely was the cry of a man that was trapped, crying for help, but the building's deadload was just too much for our punny strength to overcome.

I couldn't stand the sight and cries of those trapped as I immediately left the scene, I didn't know what later happened to them.

it's about time the government swung into action to address building collapses in Nigeria, which requires a comprehensive approach that involves multiple stakeholders, just like my Boss pointed out above. The government must, especially number 7, enforce strict compliance to these possible solutions below, viz.

1. Implement strict building codes and regulations to ensure that construction projects adhere to safety standards. Regular inspections and monitoring are crucial in this regard.

2. Improve oversight of construction projects by requiring licensed professionals such as Quantity Surveyors, Architects and Engineers to be involved in the cost management, design and supervision of buildings.

3. Educate the public about the importance of building safety and the dangers of cutting corners during construction. Empower citizens to report substandard construction practices.

4. Enhance the capacity of regulatory bodies and local authorities to enforce building regulations effectively. This may involve training programs, resource allocation, and technology adoption.

5. Provide technical support to builders and developers to ensure they have the knowledge and resources to construct safe buildings.

6. Develop and implement emergency response plans to swiftly respond to building collapses, including search and rescue operations.

7. Hold accountable those responsible for negligence or violation of building regulations to deter future incidents.

8. Foster collaboration among government agencies, construction industry stakeholders, academia, and the community to collectively work towards ensuring building safety.

Sorry bro! But @ 08:45pm that market was supposed to be closed right!!
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by zoedew: 7:00am On Feb 28
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

8. Foster collaboration among government agencies, construction industry stakeholders, academia, and the community to collectively work towards ensuring building safety.
Public historians will do well to examine Anambra State public records to see what Peter Obi did in that regard when he was governor.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by DamnnNiggarr: 7:07am On Feb 28
VerifiedGadgets:

Sorry bro! But @ 08:45pm that market was supposed to be closed right!!
Good morning Bro!
Yeah, the market has closed as at the time of the incident. Reason why we didn't record much casualties, except those labourers working there.
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by VerifiedGadgets: 7:28am On Feb 28
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

The incident occured at exactly 08:45 PM, yesterday, and I was just passing by.

Good morning Bro!
Yeah, the market had closed by the time of the incident. Reason why we didn't record much casualties, except those labourers working there.

Ook ok. I remember when I went there to learn more on PS3 PKG installation. May God see the injured mercifully through their trying times
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Kusu12: 8:14am On Feb 28
Obirodents would have written letter to UN, USA and other organisations if this happens outside South East region, citing sabotage and ethnic victimisation. Igbos and victim mentality are like siamese twins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by johnjose68: 8:33am On Feb 28
DamnnNiggarr:
See previous Thread >>>HERE

Peter Obi

Mr Lamba, Gbajue, why not delegate condolence messages to keneth okonkwo

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by johnjose68: 8:37am On Feb 28
Putindbutt:
After Reno don enter am well.. the fear of Reno. But Obi na hypocrisy go kill am, he didn't push any blame on the Governor this time, he even told the people to follow laid down procedures. if this happened in Lagos, he would have politicized and tribalised it.

Had it been it happened in Lagos, the chief tribalist, would have quoted china building act to abuse Lagos Government, and his gullible mumudient would have razed down the internet cursing and abusing the government and the Yoruba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by lapintoz: 8:42am On Feb 28
Nzeribe.....are you now happy your cry cry daddy has spoken in his female voice....

Kaycee9242:
And one agbadorian was wailing on the other thread that Obi didn't make statement on this. What 30k cannot do does not exist
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by Okoroawusa: 8:48am On Feb 28
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

The incident occured at exactly 08:45 PM, yesterday, and I was just passing by.

it's about time the government swung into action to [b]address building collapses in Nigeri[/b]a, which requires a comprehensive approach that involves multiple stakeholders, just like my Boss pointed out above. The government must, especially number 7, enforce strict compliance to these possible solutions below, viz.

Good morning Bro!
Yeah, the market had closed by the time of the incident. Reason why we didn't record much casualties, except those labourers working there.
I read your comment and I never knew that you can be this constructive and civil in your comment.
Also I noticed that you didn't blame, curse or abuse the Anambra state present or past governors.
Then you went further to proffer solution to building collapse in Nigeria, why generalize? Why not Anambra?
Lastly, I would advise you come to Lagos and see emergency equipment during building collapse you will marvel. If it was Lagos that man you heard cry under the building wouldn't have died.
Re: Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha by SEsellingBabies: 9:17am On Feb 28
Chochovini:
. Despite all the insults, he is still greater than all your kins put together by a million times over.
Kiss the truth.
You think everyone is from your generations, is he greater than Tinubu that singlehandedly trashed him and his kins put together, because he is greater than your generations put together by trillion times over, he is beneath some people, he is even not part of 100 richest or most accomplished Nigeria, you people normally talk as if your brain is in kanu nnamdi anus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

G7 Govs, Others Chased-out Of nPDP Meeting. / INEC Drags Uba, Oduah To Supreme Court / Return Justice Sylvester Ngwuta "Loot" Back To Kogi Gov. Group Begs DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.