Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes (13734 Views)

Senate Amends Terrorism Act, Prohibits Payment Of Ransom To Kidnappers / Court Prohibits FG From Retrying Orji Uzor Kalu / Peter Obi: It Is Wrong To Relax Lockdown For Religious Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by UnwillingColony: 6:53am On Feb 28
Unleash Your Visa Victory and Job Triumph!

Tired of visa setbacks and silent job applications? Brace yourself for a game-changing solution!

🚀 Presenting Our Expertly Crafted CVs, SOPs, and Impactful Letters 🚀

🌟 Elevate Your Interview Chances to a Staggering 95% 🌟

Immerse yourself in our world of precision, where we specialize in creating:

📝 Europass-style CVs
📝 SOPs that captivate for job and study visa pursuits
📝 Persuasive Cover Letters
📝 Compelling Motivational Letters

Say farewell to poorly articulated SOPs that hinder your dreams. We grasp the art of leaving an indelible mark, ensuring not just visa approvals but a guaranteed seat at your dream job interview.

Why settle for the ordinary when excellence is just a click away? Let us be your ticket to a radiant tomorrow! Chat or Call us NOW!

Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by DirtyAfonjas: 6:53am On Feb 28
AroOkigbo:

Yeah, they are always disturbing the neighborhood with loudspeakers every morning as they call for prayers.

You are mad.
Is it not your terrorists, head slammers brothers that disturb the neighborhood as early as 4:30am on daily basis, preaching hatred.
Religion of piss

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by zoedew: 6:53am On Feb 28
diabeticdeals:
Both religions are noisy.

Can we just call on our individual creators without bothering one another like they do in saner climes? Must everything be barbaric in our home country?
The third one is noisier than the other two! And dirtier too!! When they start the drumming and incantation and animal sacrifice in calabashes they irritate me.
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by Exceed15: 6:53am On Feb 28
Both Christians and Muslims should take caution. It's becoming a nuisance in Lagos .
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by Administration1: 6:54am On Feb 28
santaclaws:

What about mosques that put speakers at the top of their buildings waking people up by 5am everyday with quranic recitations?

Na Christians una dey always target... 😏

you don't understand sarcasm

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by olutops(m): 6:55am On Feb 28
GanagiBitrus:
Christians will be worst hit.

Shebi it's Christians that always wake up by 4am to shout allahu akbaru everyday with thr horn speakers on top of d roof..?

Think b4 u comment na
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by Trustedpronet: 6:58am On Feb 28
Generator should be included please.
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by Administration1: 6:58am On Feb 28
DirtyAfonjas:

You are mad.
Is it not your terrorists, head slammers brothers that disturb the neighborhood as early as 4:30am on daily basis, preaching hatred.
Religion of piss

read what he wrote again? it seems you dont understand sarcasm
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by Lifestone(m): 6:59am On Feb 28
GanagiBitrus:
Christians will be worst hit.
How? Mosques needs loudspeakers for every call for prayer
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by enemyofprogress: 6:59am On Feb 28
Waiting for MURIC to come out and bark over this

Bag of rice is now 82k,if you like go cook rub*bish for man house, dem go bea*t shege banza comot for ur body🙄
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by Theevilone(m): 7:00am On Feb 28
Good one Lagos state government
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by BBIA: 7:01am On Feb 28
ArewaNightmare:
grin Allahu akbaru
Jeon Fatima Fati2001 grin
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by Lifestone(m): 7:02am On Feb 28
UnwillingColony:
These people want to mess Nigeria up on all sides. Even our religion we dey hold to encourage our lives and find hope, they want to collect it too. Konidafuyin
So it's only by making noise and disturbing others that you can have your religion.
Churches should use sound proof
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by teebaxy(m): 7:03am On Feb 28
Solitechworld:

Yeah they are always giving us sleepless night with Vigils, that was the reason I left my former residence...

I understand your sarcasm, but Muslim call to prayer only takes 2 - 5min... So come off it and stop been a bigot,

You can't even enter Public buses in peace again, they have turned them to mini place of worship, what about Road side preaching every morning with a very big speaker... It is annoying and disturbing...

can you quantify the psychological damage that 5 mins in once dream and enjoyable sleep night that would have cause?
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by Solitechworld(m): 7:03am On Feb 28
santaclaws:

What about mosques that put speakers at the top of their buildings waking people up by 5am everyday with quranic recitations?

Stop been insecure, who is targeting Christians? Yes, I understand some Mosques do use Qur'an recitation through big speaker to cause noise pollution every morning, it doesn't make it right though they are like 1% ...

Tell me someone with a church close to his/her house that doesn't have horrible experience with overnight vigil... From 10pm - 4am... Isn't that insãne?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by Solitechworld(m): 7:05am On Feb 28
teebaxy:
can you quantify the psychological damage that 5 mins in once dream and enjoyable sleep night that would have cause?
but you can't quantify the psychology damage of what over 6hours of sleepless night would cause?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by teebaxy(m): 7:06am On Feb 28
I think what our religious leaders should do is to create an app ai if possible to add up all their members community by community and make the app send signal to its member at every praying time… that will save us a lot of noise pollution… these are things that a typical Chinese primary school students are known for

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by teebaxy(m): 7:08am On Feb 28
Solitechworld:
but you can't quantify the psychology damage of what over 6hours of sleepless night would cause?
So it’s now damage vs damage ? So damage should continue cancelling damage … Iba… I hail Your reasoning
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by kmonies: 7:09am On Feb 28
this law no go work, i trust 9ja. them like religious die
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by nioms: 7:12am On Feb 28
smokinloud:
The end time is here
End time because it's Nigeria. No na
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by pauljumbo: 7:13am On Feb 28
Long overdue
The nuisance they constitute in our markets is too much
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by Elsueno: 7:14am On Feb 28
Exceed15:
Both Christians and Muslims should take caution. It's becoming a nuisance in Lagos .

exactly, both of them dey guilty sha, Anyways when I want to sleep no church or mosque loudspeaker deters me sha.😄...d issue is when I want to read & I either have to leave d area or wait for them to finish Thier things

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by Elsueno: 7:18am On Feb 28
teebaxy:
I think what our religious leaders should do is to create an app ai if possible to add up all their members community by community and make the app send signal to its member at every praying time… that will save us a lot of noise pollution… these are things that a typical Chinese primary school students are known for

But chinco peeps are atheist now, dem no send any religion.

The best thing to do in 9ja is to have like one religious building each for specific areas to serve d people there. Not like now way we get like a church/mosque at every corner depending on d religious affiliation of d people in d area
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by Fearurcreeator: 7:19am On Feb 28
thesicilian:
Hope it's also prohibited for their political campaigns.
Lolzzzz ... Make them no campaign again make them just dey out themselves there ... Sha no cry again ooo.... If them remove campaign just be waiting make them no see una dey play music doing promotions for una business... Na una go tire ...most of you no get se*nse
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by amstamon: 7:24am On Feb 28
santaclaws:

Try dey understand sarcasm my broda
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by Solitechworld(m): 7:26am On Feb 28
teebaxy:
So it’s now damage vs damage ? So damage should continue cancelling damage … Iba… I hail Your reasoning

Maybe it is time we stop pointing fingers and start calling a spade a spade.
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by Laple0541(m): 7:34am On Feb 28
Ko le work.
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by PHAYOL81: 7:38am On Feb 28
Good
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by Jokerman(m): 7:44am On Feb 28
These people are unserious occultic members.... How is preaching the word of God to a dying and destroying world,noise pollution??

Well, that cannot stop the word of God, we will preach with ordinary mouth....

You must hear the word of God, no escape... Till death
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by Jokerman(m): 7:46am On Feb 28
thesicilian:
Hope it's also prohibited for their political campaigns.

Lol... You are dealing with occult men ..😂
Re: Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes by femmy2010(m): 7:51am On Feb 28
great news

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Lawmakers Dump APC, 1 Abandons PDP / Azeez Maruf 'Tula Oyo' Kidnapped By Soldiers In Oyo - Family / Dogara To Tinubu: Don't Be A Mourner-in-chief, Stop The Killings Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.