Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,868 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? (1237 Views)

Court Orders FG To Fix Price Of Goods, Petroleum Within 7 Days / Popular APC & Tinubu Supporter, Cries Out Over High Cost Of Goods In Nigeria / 2019 Election: Which Result Shocked You, Made You Happy And Sad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by ikorodureporta: 5:23am On Feb 28
What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?
Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by Thundafireseun: 5:58am On Feb 28
A bag of sachet water skyrocketed from #200 to #700 shocked

2 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by ikorodureporta: 6:05am On Feb 28
Surprised oil is still the same price

1 Like

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by BUGOFF(m): 6:05am On Feb 28
Na only dry pepper nor shock me, as far as i'm concerned. Imagine Hungry-man noodles.

3 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by JERRY1925(m): 6:09am On Feb 28
ikorodureporta:

Which oil sir?

Coconot oil?
Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by Nwaokunkpara: 6:09am On Feb 28
Everything including the most common among all water
Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by opera1(m): 6:19am On Feb 28
Indomie table that was sold ₦5200 is now ₦10,500 to 11k.

A sachet water was 3 for ₦50 before but is now 1 for ₦50.

Everything is surprising

3 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by TANID(m): 6:21am On Feb 28
bag of rice before APC take over 6000 naira now 80000 naira pure water from 60 naira to 700 naira

8 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by nairamaniac: 6:21am On Feb 28
ikorodureporta:
I really want to hope that you are reffering to a particular brand of oil called "SURPRISED OIL".

2 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by SoNature(m): 6:23am On Feb 28
Thundafireseun:

That's not true. In Lagos, a big of water is 250 or 4 bags for 1k. Where in Nigeria are things more expensive than Lagos and Abuja?
Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by nairamaniac: 6:23am On Feb 28
BUGOFF:
Na only dry pepper nor shock me, as far as i'm concerned. Imagine Hungry-man noodles.
it is now big-man noodles

1 Like

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by Blacklion3: 6:24am On Feb 28
Beans and Bread

2 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by Oloki: 6:25am On Feb 28
ikorodureporta:
What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?

GAARI

7 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by Chimarto: 6:27am On Feb 28
SoNature:

That's not true. In Lagos, a big of water is 250 or 4 bags for 1k. Where in Nigeria are things more expensive than Lagos and Abuja?

Oga, I bought #400 yesterday while my friend bought #500 in his area all in AbJ.

1 Like

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by Usmanovic95(m): 6:40am On Feb 28
Oloki:

GAARI

The thing shock pass transformer. I remember during undergrad days,you only need as much as #100 to drink a well garnish soaked garri,but today it will cost you around 400 to drink a quality soaked garri without even adding the cost of satchet water.
I can't imagine how students will survive this period when garri which is usually the last resort is now unaffordable .

3 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by Racoon(m): 6:42am On Feb 28
sad The price of a bag of rice @ present. The prices of even the staple foodstuffs are out of the reach of the common man. It is just a pain.

1 Like

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by SoNature(m): 6:45am On Feb 28
Chimarto:

Oga, I bought #400 yesterday while my friend bought #500 in his area all in AbJ.

Stop buying single bags; buy from suppliers. You get up to 4 for 1k. There's nowhere in Nigeria where pure water is sold #700 per bag though. It's not as though bagging water is even healthy.
Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by maasoap(m): 6:45am On Feb 28
Car batteries! Its prices keep jumping everyday. The price of 75ah, Chinese products was around 56,000 naira as at two days ago. Someone bought it at 50k a week ago!
And it was 25,000 naira in May 2023 just before Tinubu took over!

3 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by Oloki: 6:45am On Feb 28
Usmanovic95:

The thing shock pass transformer. I remember during undergrad days,you only need as much as #100 to drink a well garnish soaked garri,but today it will cost you around 400 to drink a quality soaked garri without even adding the cost of satchet water.
I can't imagine how students will survive this period when garri which is usually the last resort is now unaffordable .

#400 is even small. No #50 sugar again. It is now #100 and it is not that big o. Groundnut #100 is nothing to write home about. Small hollandia milk is #200. Just to drink garri o. Then add #100 pure water.

Honestly, it is becoming unbearable

3 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by GanagiBitrus: 6:46am On Feb 28
Everything.
The tragedy is that Salary remained same. &Many have even lost their jobs & businesses.

3 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by maasoap(m): 6:55am On Feb 28
SoNature:

Stop buying single bags; buy from suppliers. You get up to 4 for 1k. There's nowhere in Nigeria where pure water is sold #700 per bag though. It's not as though bagging water is even healthy.
Hear yourself, buy from suppliers! Is that a good sign of a healthy economy? That every single consumer has to be chasing producers or suppliers around. What would happen to the retail outlets? And it is not as if suppliers too have stopped increasing the prices every now and then! They would die off! Apply that to other products.
BTW: they're still selling N20 per sachet in my area

3 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by SoNature(m): 7:05am On Feb 28
maasoap:

Hear yourself, buy from suppliers! Is that a good sign of a healthy economy? That every single consumer has to be chasing producers or suppliers around. What would happen to the retail outlets? And it is not as if suppliers too have stopped increasing the prices every now and then! They would die off! Apply that to other products.
BTW: they're still selling N20 per sachet in my area

Everyone is trying to survive in this horrible economy and you are here telling me about retailers. Retailers will sort themselves out. These are no normal times in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by Shadomaan7: 7:05am On Feb 28
Eh! My broda, dis prices of goods and services don shock me tire, na wa for dis country.

13 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by Rayd502(m): 7:17am On Feb 28
Indomie hungry man size and cement.

1 Like

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by VinnyBaba: 7:20am On Feb 28
Sweet, Pressable Buns. kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by JulianBond007: 7:31am On Feb 28
All prices of foodstuffs shocked me. All no exception

1 Like

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:32am On Feb 28
None…
Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by Thundafireseun: 7:41am On Feb 28
SoNature:

im in Abuja…. Sachet water is between #600 and 700
Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by nairalanda1(m): 8:02am On Feb 28
Sardine is now 1000 naira.

Up from 125 naira in 2004

13 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by kmaster007: 8:22am On Feb 28
Nah Garri ooooo... Garri now big man food

1 Like

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by chidiokay: 8:38am On Feb 28
Thundafireseun:

Things are terribly worst .. but make una dey calm down with fat lies ... bags of pure water that were supply to my house yesterday @ #300 even retail sellers in shop e no reach #400

That was how a friend was shouting bag of rice is now 80k, i dailed a supplier he gave me @ 68k ... thing are worst already no need adding lies

1 Like

Re: Inflation: What Prices Of Goods & Services Shocked You Most?? by kcprince: 8:53am On Feb 28
Price of mobile phones shocked me the most. It's like they don't want us to change phone

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Census 2006 Verification {www.notcounted.info} / Whats The Word On The Street In Kano / Tai Solarin Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.