Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. (4796 Views)

Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West / Peace Meeting With Igbos, Yorubas In Oshodi Organized By APC Leaders, MC Oluomo / Saraki Pictured With A Kwara Monarch Doing This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by Skooltynz: 10:31am On Feb 28
Omotolaroy:
I'm also from Ilorin

are you gambari?
Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by imam07: 11:26am On Feb 28
Skooltynz:
two muslim yoruba females friends came to my shop in school yesterday to buy books,they were looking so beautiful on their hijab i had to ask them where they came from,one told me is yoruba from oyo and the one other one told me she is gambari from illorin,i was like what the heck is gambari? she told me its a term used to describe yorubas from kwarra because they are half fulanis.
i was shocked i asked her if there are no pure yorubas in kwarra she said only a few, i no go lie gambari girls are very beautiful,slender and baby faced ,she looked purely hausa but speaks yoruba very fluently.
Do u know why u are funny and confused. You met two female kids and u got some wrong information from them and believed them by coming to misinformation other people like you. If you think kwara state is ilorin and ilorin is kwara. U have to check yourself very well. Those kids u met are ilorin indegen and have nothing to do with other big towns in Kwara state. Ilorin town is d capital of kwara state and stop thinking anyone from kwara state is ilorin. So to you an ibo man living in ilorin is ilorin man to you? For your information, Ilorin indegen comprises of Muslim, yoruba and fulanis. They are all predominantly Muslims in ilorin. There other towns in Kwara state that are Christians, Muslims yorubas. I mean yorubas dat migrated from ife. So any time u hear of gambari or fulanis in Kwara. Know that they are only talking of Ilorin. Ilorin is not kwara and kwara is not ilorin. Offa, Omu aran, Oro, jebba, Ajase, Osi, lafiaji, Share and others are made of kwara.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by chyzoo4u(m): 11:44am On Feb 28
I've heard of Gambari before but I didn't know that they're actually Yorubas in Ilorin. If that's true, then I just learned something today.
Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by 49cents(m): 12:32pm On Feb 28
Skooltynz:

how is this innocent post tribalistic?
did i insult any tribe,did i mention names,you lots are just insecure and unnecessarily emotional.
Ok noted but why did you lie you were not Igbo?

For you to iie means that your post was very mischievous coming from you.

I found it educative but I have to verify if Gambari is actually what you say it is.

I am Igbo myself but I don't subscribe to incitement or tribal bigotry.

Swear that your aim is not to provoke Yorubas by trying to remind them of the Fulani inquisition that they of this generation have no hand in.

Can you just face your business for once and let their be peace?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by Silentgroper(m): 2:36pm On Feb 28
Ogiame:

Don't be silly.

He just educated some people who viewed this thread with this information

Very true..
Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by Silentgroper(m): 2:48pm On Feb 28
imam07:
Do u know why u are funny and confused. You met two female kids and u got some wrong information from them and believed them by coming to misinformation other people like you. If you think kwara state is ilorin and ilorin is kwara. U have to check yourself very well. Those kids u met are ilorin indegen and have nothing to do with other big towns in Kwara state. Ilorin town is d capital of kwara state and stop thinking anyone from kwara state is ilorin. So to you an ibo man living in ilorin is ilorin man to you? For your information, Ilorin indegen comprises of Muslim, yoruba and fulanis. They are all predominantly Muslims in ilorin. There other towns in Kwara state that are Christians, Muslims yorubas. I mean yorubas dat migrated from ife. So any time u hear of gambari or fulanis in Kwara. Know that they are only talking of Ilorin. Ilorin is not kwara and kwara is not ilorin. Offa, Omu aran, Oro, jebba, Ajase, Osi, lafiaji, Share and others are made of kwara.
used to have this notion that they're some Fulani tribe ..
Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by SuperOnyi: 2:49pm On Feb 28
shocked

I don't understand why the OP is being attacked when he's just educating us.

1 Like

Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by Dsimmer: 3:16pm On Feb 28
imam07:

Ilorin just as the name depict is a Yoruba name, a Yoruba land of Yoruba people.

Hausa are the ones called Gambari by Yoruba. That's why Yoruba says "ti gambari ati Fulani ba n ja, ko sejo ni be". So Yoruba always knew Gambari (Hausa) and Fulani were different!

High time Ilorin had an Oba. The cultural Kings are the custodians of african cultures which is needed in ilorin as a matter of fact. That was what Afoonja, the ruler of ilorin represented. That's not the position of an emir. I don't even see the purpose of an emir because there are Mosques and Churches where these supposed foreign religion should take place. But when it comes to an african ruler, it should be upholding the african culture.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by yinkeys(m): 3:59pm On Feb 28
Dsimmer:

Ilorin just as the name depict is a Yoruba name, a Yoruba land of Yoruba people.

Hausa are the ones called Gambari by Yoruba. That's why Yoruba says "ti gambari ati Fulani ba n ja, ko sejo ni be". So Yoruba always knew Gambari (Hausa) and Fulani were different!

High time Ilorin had an Oba. The cultural Kings are the custodians of african cultures which is needed in ilorin as a matter of fact. That was what Afoonja, the ruler of ilorin represented. That's not the position of an emir. I don't even see the purpose of an emir because there are Mosques and Churches where these supposed foreign religion should take place. But when it comes to an african ruler, it should be upholding the african culture.
I thought there was an agreement between the Yorubas in Ilorin
and Fulanis/Hausas to help defend their lands against the throne in Ife. That’s why an emir is there and not a Yoruba king
Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by epondudu: 4:22pm On Feb 28
Skooltynz:
two muslim yoruba females friends came to my shop in school yesterday to buy books,they were looking so beautiful on their hijab i had to ask them where they came from,one told me is yoruba from oyo and the one other one told me she is gambari from illorin,i was like what the heck is gambari? she told me its a term used to describe yorubas from kwarra because they are half fulanis.
i was shocked i asked her if there are no pure yorubas in kwarra she said only a few, i no go lie gambari girls are very beautiful,slender and baby faced ,she looked purely hausa but speaks yoruba very fluently.

With all the hardship in town na sugar gate dey hungry u Kai!
Nigeria is gone
grin
Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by 9jaBloke: 5:36pm On Feb 28
People don de deny their tribe for nairaland

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by epkereamaka60858: 5:49pm On Feb 28
If this is all you can think of … you no get senseIf this is all you can think of … you no get sense...
Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by christistruth01: 6:06pm On Feb 28
Ogiame:

Don't be silly.

He just educated some people who viewed this thread with this information

Miseducated you mean
You don't know Ilorin History and you refused to learn it

Over 90% of Ilorin are Pure Yoruba

And For the 1000th time

Do you know that the Yorubas had finished defeating the Ilorin Emir the British reinstated him as a reward for selling out the Sultan of Sokoto when Lord Lugard ambushed and killed him in Gombe

That aside

Kwara Governors are always Yorubas ,any Traditional Ruler that Misbehaves they are free to Remove

Emir of Ilorin fully Submits to them
He has no Choice

Emir of Ilorin was Checkmated long ago
He is a Servant of the Governor
All Kwara Governors are Sons of the Soil

We already have Ilorin because we Control Kwara

What remains are religious differences between our own People

The British fought the Yoruba Ruler of ilorin called balogun Inakoju alanamu in 1900 to take Over Ilorin

The Emir had already been defeated and deposed by him and his followers

balogun alanamu was the Yoruba Ruler of ilorin

The rest is Tribal Politics

There are some Historians who even claim the real reason the British reinstated the Emir in Ilorin was because he was the one that gave Lord Lugard the information that was used to Track down and kill the fleeing Sultan of Sokoto Caliphate Attahiru and his Jihadist Army at Gombe
So the British reinstated hin as Emir of Ilorin as a reward

Many Fulani even see the Emir of Ilorin as a Traitor who sold out the Sultan of Sokoto Attahiru and his Sokoto Caliphate to the British

The Yorubas also deposed the Emir of Ilorin in 1934 he fled to Kaduna and was again reinstated by the British after 2 years

Just beg the Emir to try nonsense with the Yoruba Governor and see if he isn't removed

Read 1900 British Colonial Document below

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by Dsimmer: 7:02pm On Feb 28
yinkeys:

I thought there was an agreement between the Yorubas in Ilorin
and Fulanis/Hausas to help defend their lands against the throne in Ife. That’s why an emir is there and not a Yoruba king

No. Alimi was invited by Ilorin ruler, Af0onja because Af0onja was scared of Oyo empire king reprimanding/admonishing him for something he had done. Af0onja eventually distanced himself from the Oyo empire who could have rendered help when Alimi and his son betrayed and murdered Af0onja in the end. How I dislike murderous betrayers!πŸ™„ Imagine killing people who accommodated you in their lands? The nerves! Anyway, it was Af0onja who caused the whole mess for himself to begin with. While dying, Af0onja cursed Ilorin to be enslaved for joining hands with a useless terrorist foreigner to murder him over some useless foreign terrorist dumb shit they imbibed.

That curse was in play over Ilorin. It's only Ilorin people who can break that curse by relieving themselves from the whole dumb madness they imbibed. Of course, I understand that Ilorin people already deposed the emir before the arrival of the British who stated it in their old archive. That was because the Fulani started killing the Yoruba in Ilorin while calling them infidels πŸ™„ thus the emir was deposed and chased out. I wondered what Ilorin people were thinking to begin with because if they had been using their brain, they would have known the Fulani had wanted to steal their land heritage from them because if Af0onja who was even a Muslim and a close friend of Alimi was declared an infidel to be murdered, what were they expecting?πŸ™„ Anyways, while I understand that the emir had been disposed and chased out before the arrival of the British who stated that in the old archive as a matter of fact however Af0onja need to be back on his throne. More so, the African kings are the custodians of african cultures. That was what Afoonja, the ruler of ilorin represented. That's not the position of an emir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by akaahs(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28
Skooltynz:
Yeah but majority of them ll prefer u call them Yoruba than call them fulani or half Yoruba or half fulani.

1 Like

Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by PHIPEX(m): 7:28pm On Feb 28
SuperOnyi:
shocked

I don't understand why the OP is being attacked when he's just educating us.
He's being attacked because he exposed a crack that's meant to be hidden. Gambling is like a crack in the notion of a United Yoruba race, that's his offense
Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by Raskimonojendor: 7:29pm On Feb 28
What a foolish thread.

2 Likes

Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by illicit(m): 7:30pm On Feb 28
chyzoo4u:
I've heard of Gambari before but I didn't know that they're actually Yorubas in Ilorin. If that's true, then I just learned something today.

They are not Yoruba
That Narrative is false

Gambari is Yoruba word for Hausa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by adamusuleiman2: 7:36pm On Feb 28
Skooltynz:

i am not ibo please i am a geography student in unilag studying Nigeria demography is part of my course i mean no harm.

Sccarrr:
still not Igbo?
OP lied that he is not Ibo.

These people and Inferiority complex. They are the only Nigerian tribe I know that denies their tribe on social media and in real life 🀣🀣🀣

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by imam07: 8:58pm On Feb 28
Silentgroper:
used to have this notion that they're some Fulani tribe ..
even some ilorin indegen that are real yorubas do declare themselves fulanis. May be due to favor they get from d fulani side. Financial or job opportunities because they know d fulanis are politically influential
Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by Houseontherock1: 9:22pm On Feb 28
Skooltynz:
Sadly, your hatred for the Yorubas is eating you up undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by Dsimmer: 11:17pm On Feb 28
christistruth01:

Miseducated you mean

And For the 1000th time

Do you know that the Yorubas had finished defeating the Ilorin Emir the British reinstated him as a reward for selling out the Sultan of Sokoto when Lord Lugard ambushed and killed him in Gombe

That aside

Kwara Governors are always Yorubas ,any Traditional Ruler that Misbehaves they are free to Remove

He has no Choice

The British fought the Yoruba Ruler of ilorin called balogun Inakoju alanamu in 1900 to take Over Ilorin

There are some Historians who even claim the real reason the British reinstated the Emir in Ilorin was because he was the one that gave Lord Lugard the information that was used to Track down and kill the fleeing Sultan of Sokoto Caliphate Attahiru and his Jihadist Army at Gombe

Many Fulani even see the Emir of Ilorin as a Traitor who sold out the Sultan of Sokoto Attahiru and his Sokoto Caliphate to the British

The Yorubas also deposed the Emir of Ilorin in 1934 he fled to Kaduna and was again reinstated by the British after 2 years

Just beg the Emir to try nonsense with the Yoruba Governor and see if he isn't removed

Apt. Ilorin already chased out the emir and the Fulanis because of the murderous act of the Fulani before the British arrival. The Fulanis and the emir ran back to where they came from. It was the British who brought back the emir as a mere puppet but wrote down the truth in their old archive.

The Fulani couldn't even get near the Yoruba to begin with. Read below to see how they have always been disgraced and retreated. The nerves to call Yoruba religion idolatry whereas they bow to a foreign idol stone! The nerves! The Fulani don't even know that the Yoruba religion tells the history of the pieces that make up the world. That being said, The murderous Fulani had always been disgraced from Yoruba land as a matter of fact. Imagine wanting to steal other people's land heritage? The nerves!

It was Ilorin who joined hand to murder Af0onja because they were stupid until they later realised their foolery thus chased out the Fulani and the emir before the British arrival.

Anyways, Af0onja need to be back on his throne as the custodian of African culture. That's not the position of an emir..

1 Like

Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by AfonjaConehead: 11:31pm On Feb 28
KingKO22:

Obsession with Yorubas

You should have concluded that everyone in Kwara are Gambari ND Fulani
Obsession with yorubas over what? And is it a crime for one to be obsessed with the people he or she lives with?
Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by AfonjaConehead: 11:34pm On Feb 28
christistruth01:

Miseducated you mean

And For the 1000th time

That aside

He has no Choice

Shattap ya mouth there,you and ya family and ya governor and all ya chiefs all dobale flat on the ground for the Fulani emir Gambari of Kwara. 😁😁😁😁🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by christistruth01: 3:49am On Feb 29
Dsimmer:

Apt. Ilorin already chased out the emir and the Fulanis because of the murderous act of the Fulani before the British arrival. The Fulanis and the emir ran back to where they came from. It was the British who brought back the emir as a mere puppet but wrote down the truth in their old archive.

The Fulani couldn't even get near the Yoruba to begin with. Read below to see how they have always been disgraced and retreated. The nerves to call Yoruba religion idolatry whereas they bow to a foreign idol stone! The nerves! The Fulani don't even know that the Yoruba religion tells the history of the pieces that make up the world. That being said, The murderous Fulani had always been disgraced from Yoruba land as a matter of fact. Imagine wanting to steal other people's land heritage? The nerves!

It was Ilorin Yoruba who joined hand to murder Af0onja because they were stupid until they later realised their foolery thus chased out the Fulani and the emir before the British arrival.

Anyways, Af0onja need to be back on his throne as the custodian of African culture. That's not the position of an emir..

May God Bless your Wisdom and Truth

The Yorubas in Ilorin had done a revolution against the Emir because of the Fulani's excesses in Ilorin and after which Emir Momoh deleted himself by burning down his Palace over his head
People.used to think that it was the Northern Emirs that pressed the British to reimpose the next in Line as Emir in Ilorin but it didn't make sense to me because they way the British operated they would have first sought after one of Balogun Alanamu's immediate relatives who was willing to submit to them to replace him as Balogun

It was not until I heard one Historian saying that the reason the the British reinstated an Emir in Ilorin was because he was the one who gave them the secret information with which the Sultan of Sokoto Attahiru who had escaped after loosing to Lord Lugard in Battle was traced to Gombe and finally killed by Lord Lugard there

The British rewarded the Emir by reinstating him.as Ilorin's ruler
But still yet when the British left they agreed that it was not appropriate for him to be ruling over a Yoruba Majority Town and there needed to be a Referendum for all of Kwara because apart from Ilorin most parts of Kwara including Jebbawere not under the Emir and wanted to rejoin the Western Region
It was Azikiwe and Balewa Govt that refused to carry out the Kwara referendum because they knew that the Kwara people were determined to join the West and Bakewa and Zik Govt wanted to weaken Awolowo'

Please kindly tell me the title of the book you quoted I would like to read it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by kolaaderin: 4:14am On Feb 29
Skooltynz:

did i insult any tribe,did i mention names,you lots are just insecure and unnecessarily emotional.
where you crossed the line is why she told you only few Yorubas are in ilorin.
You see my friend you are not smart enough and we all know where you are pointing the direction of this thread. Ilorin retained majorly a Yoruba town and even the Fulanis has never came out to declare and disclaim, but your people want to instigate them to claim the town just as your people want to be declaring Lagos as no mans land.
Chukwudi face it and leave Yoruba matters. It's bigger than your whole race.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by Sirianese: 5:37am On Feb 29
Skooltynz:

You are mumu ipob with no sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by chicoMX(m): 6:44am On Feb 29
Funny enough I met a lady yesterday, and she said she's not Yoruba. I got to know that she's half Yoruba (dad) and half Fulani (mum).

When I asked where her mum is from, she said Ilorin.
Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by Jokerman(m): 7:51am On Feb 29
Skooltynz:

this is the type if feedback i like to hear after posting educative threads not like insults from the ones above.and i wish the gambaris are not discriminated politically in the future because of their background God bless Nigeria.

You expect too much from Tinubu lackeys
Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by Dsimmer: 9:58am On Feb 29
christistruth01:

May God Bless your Wisdom and Truth

The Yorubas in Ilorin had done a revolution against the Emir because of the Fulani's excesses in Ilorin and after which Emir Momoh deleted himself by burning down his Palace over his head
People.used to think that it was the Northern Emirs that pressed the British to reimpose the next in Line as Emir in Ilorin but it didn't make sense to me because they way the British operated they would have first sought after one of Balogun Alanamu's immediate relatives who was willing to submit to them to replace him as Balogun

It was not until I heard one Historian saying that the reason the the British reinstated an Emir in Ilorin was because he was the one who gave them the secret information with which the Sultan of Sokoto Attahiru who had escaped after loosing to Lord Lugard in Battle was traced to Gombe and finally killed by Lord Lugard there

The British rewarded the Emir by reinstating him.as Ilorin's ruler
But still yet when the British left they agreed that it was not appropriate for him to be ruling over a Yoruba Majority Town and there needed to be a Referendum for all of Kwara because apart from Ilorin most parts of Kwara including Jebbawere not under the Emir and wanted to rejoin the Western Region
It was Azikiwe and Bakewa Govt that refused to carry out the Kwara referendum because they knew that the Kwara people were determined to join the West and Bakewa and Zik Govt wanted to weaken Awolowo'

Please kindly tell me the title of the book you quoted I would like to read it

Of course the Fulani couldn't get near any Yoruba
Kingdoms. They always get defeated as a matter of fact and retreated back to where they came from. It was Ilorin who joined hand to murder af0nja.

That was the reason for my tongue in cheek comment when I said Af0nja curse was still in play over Ilorin then, considering he was murdered unjustly, albeit he caused the mess for himself to begin with by inviting a terrorist into his Ilorin kingdom). I meant the British brought back the deposed useless emir as a puppet after the Ilorin had already deposed and chased him out before the British arrival. Albeit the British documented the truth in their archive πŸ’€ As a matter of fact, the Ilorin had severally disposed the emir ever since then whenever he tried any nonsense. However, Af0nja needs to be back on his throne, coupled with the fact that the Africa kings are the custodian of African cultures, not the position of an emir.

I wonder how Ilorin could have been so foolish to not have known that the murderous Fulani wanted their land heritage from them until they later realised their folly after they were getting murdered by the Fulani thus chased out the useless emir from Ilorin before the British arrival.

As for the book, it's the last expedition of captain clapperton in Africa.
Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by Dsimmer: 11:44am On Feb 29
In fact, the Ilorin folly back then has made the Yoruba to be even more consciously minded ever since, even though they're naturally accommodating.

In fact, I think the Ilorin folly back then happened for a reason to serve as a lesson and ensure Yoruba won't thread such path of foolishness. For example, Azikwe thought he could try gibberish before Awolowo put him in his place.
Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by Pristine664: 1:59pm On Feb 29
Skooltynz:

"few Yorubas in Ilorin" and you said your post is innocent? It is mischievous to say the least. grin

The Yorubas in Ilorin are more than the Yorubas in Ondo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The State Of Nigerian Prisons And The Legal System / Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip / APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.