Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? (22618 Views)

What Is Eid Al Adha ? / The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr / Eid Al Adha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Zhulfiqar1: 1:10am On Nov 12, 2011
Undoubtedly the 'day of Ghadir' is one of the most important dates in the islamic calendar.it is celebrated as 'eid-al- ghadir' eight days after the celebration of eid-al-adha also refered to as 'eid-al-kabir'.'eid-al-ghadir' has to do you with a very very very important declaration made by the holy Prophet Muhammad (sa) during his return from the farewell pilgrimage in a place known as 'GHADIR KHUMM' after almighty Allah admonished him to make that declaration as recorded in the holy Quran.

As a muslim what do you know about 'the day of Ghadir' and what does it mean to you? Do you celebrate 'eid-al-ghadir'?If you do not know about it,why? And please feel free to research about it and tell us what you found out.
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by BetaThings: 10:34am On Nov 12, 2011
It is bid'ah
No doubt about that.
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Zhulfiqar1: 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2011
BetaThings:

It is bid'ah
No doubt about that.

bid'ah? what the Prophet (sa) did was "bid'ah"? shocked shocked shocked

please can you tell us what it is?

can you tell us what happened in the place called "Ghadir Khumm" during the return of the Prophet (sa) from the last pilgrimage he conducted?

please tell us what happened on that day.

thanks.
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2011
Leave him,to them everything is bidah even if done by the prophet and revived by the prophets household,but its sunnah and supported if done by Umar.
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by LagosShia: 11:37pm On Nov 12, 2011
The Prophet Muhammad (sa) had performed the farewell pilgrimage with thousands of believers.the Prophet (s) was informed divinely that it would be his last pilgrimage.

On the 18th of Zhil-Hijjah,eight days after eid al-adha and the end of the farewell pilgrimage,the Prophet (s) with thousands of muslims was on his way back home to Makkah from Medina.at the place known as Ghadir Khumm,the Prophet (s) received an intimidating revelation:

'O Messenger (Muhammad),deliver what has been conveyed to you from your Lord and if you do not do so then you will not have delivered any of His messages and Allah will protect you from the people.For Allah does not guide those who reject faith'(Holy Quran 5:67).

Let us ask ourselves the following questions:
1.what was it that Allah commanded the Prophet (s) to tell the people?
2.why did Allah threaten the Prophet (s) that if he does not deliver that particular message,the Prophet (s) would not have delivered Allah's messages at all?this was after 23 years of struggle and sacrifice by the Prophet (s).
3.why did Allah promise to 'protect' the Prophet (s) from the people for delivering this message?
4.what did the Prophet (s) do?

After the revelation of verse 5:67,the Prophet (s) halted the thousands accompanying him and ordered them to set up a platform to address the crowd at Ghadir Khumm.

In a lengthy speech,after praising Allah (swt) and telling the people of his imminent death he said:

'I am leaving behind the Two Weighty Things-one is greater than the other:the Quran and My Progeny,who are my Ahlul-Bayt (Household).if you abide by both you will never go astray'.

the Prophet (s) went on to make an important declaration and appoint his successor in leading the muslims after his death with the following words.

(while raising the hand of Imam Ali),the Prophet (s) declared:of whosoever i am his master Ali is also his master.may Allah support those who are loyal to him and be hostile to those hostile to him.

thereafter,the muslims congratulated Imam Ali (as) for his appointment to be master of every muslim and the caliph of the last and final messenger and prophet of Allah,Muhammad (s).foremost among the well-wishers were abu bakr and umar,who went on to usurp the caliphate after the death of the Prophet (s).they were the 'Judas' of Islam who imposed themselves in disregard of what they heard and saw at Ghadir Khumm.

After the Prophet (s) made his official and divinely ordered declaration,Allah (swt) showed His approval by revealing the last verse of the Holy Quran at Ghadir Khumm:

'This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and chosen Islam as a religion'(Holy Quran 5:3)

with the declaration the religion was completed as its continuity is assured by Allah's choice of Ali (as) to lead the muslims and guide them through the Quran and the sunnah of the Prophet (s).
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by LagosShia: 11:51pm On Nov 12, 2011
To further back what is stated above (the formal declaration at Ghadir Khumm) and recorded not only in Shia hadith sources (lest anyone talk of biase),but also numerous and reliable Sunni sources (as sources stated below),the Prophet (s) also made numerous informal declarations to tell everyone that Imam Ali (as) would be his immediate successor.one such important declaration also recorded in hadiths sources regarded by those who turn a blind eye and deaf ear to facts  (i.e. sunnis) as reliable,is the 'Hadith of Wilayah'.

The Prophet Muhammad (s) is recorded to have said: 'You (Ali) is the master (wali) of all believers after me'.

Sahih Tirmidhi vol.5,p.236.
Sahih Ibn Habban vol.1,p.383.
Sunan al-Nasai vol.5,p.132.
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 13, 2011
But the thing is,if the prophet said this and is also in all this hadiths,why then was Abubakar the leader,which was meant to be Ali?
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Zhulfiqar1: 9:14am On Nov 13, 2011
Deleted.post duplicated below.
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Zhulfiqar1: 9:18am On Nov 13, 2011
uplawal:

But the thing is,if the prophet said this and is also in all this hadiths,why then was Abubakar the leader,which was meant to be Ali?
first,abu bakr will answer that question to Allah (swt) and His Prophet (s) on the day of Qiyama.

Secondly,no matter the excuses anyone gives for abu bakr to 'save his image',the gathering at the SAEQIFA BANU SAEDA and the selection of abu bakr as caliph,a plot engineered by umar to ensure his turn,went contrary to the declarations of the Prophet (s) and in total disregard.

Thirdly,this is why the followers of the Ahlul-Bayt (as),the Shia, dislike some companions like abu bakr and umar.the usurpation of the caliphate by abu bakr was the beginning of the many oppressions the Ahlul-Bayt (as) suffered till the day of Karbala where the grandson of the Prophet (s),Imam Hussain (as) was beheaded and the oppression went on.

Fourth,was the usurpation of the caliphate the only time abu bakr and umar disobeyed,doubted or disregarded the words of the Prophet (s)? The answer is a BIG NO as i can state the following instances which took place in the lifetime of the Prophet (s):

1.Umar doubted the Prophet's (s) veracity because the Prophet (s) made a pact with the Makkans which later was a victory itself for the Muslims.

2.read the 'Hadith of Pen and Paper' where Umar angered the Prophet (s) on his death bed and refused his order.

3.Umar fled from the battle of Uhud because he heard rumor that the Prophet (s) was killed,so he thought it was 'all over'.a Quranic verse condemning him was later revealed.

4.after the event of Ghadir Khumm,and the 'incident of pen and paper',the Prophet (s) knew of the character of abu bakr and umar and the impending danger they pose.do you what the Prophet (s) did to ensure that these two men do not cause strife and division and impede Imam Ali (as) from succeeding him?

The Prophet (sa) asked abu bakr and umar,two elderly men, to join the army heading for a military expedition (read about 'Usama Ibn Zaid's expedition to Syria and the refusal of abu bakr and umar to join the army') under Usama Ibn Zaid,a young boy.Abu bakr and umar deliberately did not join the army despite orders and insistence by the Prophet (s) they leave.

(AFTER THE PROPHET'S (as) DEMISE AND THE USURPATION OF THE CALIPHATE):

5.the confiscation of 'FADAK' by abu bakr inspite of Lady Fatima's (as) protest and abu bakr lied that 'prophets do not leave inheritance'.

6.umar's assault to burn Lady Fatima's (as) house if those inside who refused abu bakr's rule do not come out to pay allegiance to abu bakr.this incident led to the early death of Lady Fatima (as).
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by BetaThings: 9:52am On Nov 13, 2011
uplawal:

Leave him,to them everything is bidah even if done by the prophet and revived by the prophets household,but its sunnah and supported if done by Umar.

You are falling into the traps of shias. They have erected a whole edifice on this matter of Ghadir Khumm
Read their materials and you will see what they have to say about their Imams - typically infallible
If any companion has his faults, why not let him answer to Allah
Why curse companions when they get to the Prophet's mosque in Madinah
Anything celebration not approved by the Prophet is bid'ah
Did any of the rightly guided companions mark that event?
I make no distinction between the companions whether from the Prophet's household or not
The Prophet told us that we should not abuse His companions. Even if our deeds are bigger than mount Uhud, they still trail those of His companions
Let us not allow people to exploit our desire for good deeds to mislead us into innovation

And Allah knows best

2 Likes

Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Zhulfiqar1: 10:15am On Nov 13, 2011
BetaThings:

You are falling into the traps of shias. They have erected a whole edifice on this matter of Ghadir Khumm
If any companion has his faults, why not let him answer to Allah
Why curse companions when they get to the Prophet's mosque in Madinah
Anything celebration not approved by the Prophet is bid'ah
Did any of the rightly guided companions mark that event?
Let us not allow people to exploit our desire for good deeds to mislead us into innovation

And Allah knows best

this is about giving honor to whom honor is due to please Allah (swt) and His Prophet (s).

My advice to you is not to pass judment and make conclusion upon what you have no knowledge.

You asked if Ghadir Khumm was marked by any of those you regard as 'rightly guided companions'.my answer is how can the criminals commemorate their crime?(with the exception of Imam Ali,you regard as fourth rightly guided).

My friend do not let blind hate and the fear of innovation (bid'ah) stop you from seeing the truth concealed from your eyes deliberately.i stated facts and historical events not only mentioned in Shia sources but also recorded in hadith compilations regarded by Sunnis to be reliable and authentic.

Nonetheless,the members of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) who Allah (swt) purified (holy Quran 33:33) including the 12 Imams (as) among whom is Imam Ali (as) himself marked the day of Ghadir Khumm and drew reference to it and reminded people of it on important occassions.
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by LagosShia: 10:43am On Nov 13, 2011
Allahu Akbar!
May Allah's blessings be upon Muhammad and the purified Household of Muhammad (s)!!
'TRUTH HAS COME AND FALSEHOOD HAS VANISHED FOR SURELY FALSEHOOD IS BOUND TO VANISH BY ITS VERY OWN NATURE'!!!(holy Quran)
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 13, 2011
@Beta things, am not falling into any trap,this is plain greed and hunger for power,and thats what all this sunni filled muslim countries are are doing,particularly their leaders.Islam says we should speak against evil and not join hands doing it.And how would they even mark the event,when its reality never came into existence,or is it the ghost of Abubakar,umar,uthman that would come celebrating Ali's inauguration and completion of religion by Allah.
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2011
@Lagosshia,there was an hadith that says the prophet said Fatima can take anything out as much as she wanted from his property,and the sunnis are denying this,where as,there is an hadith that says anything left should be given to the successor,why the successor and not the daughter?
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by LagosShia: 9:44pm On Nov 13, 2011
@Uplawal,
Sister,i dont fully understand your question.pardon me.i would however try to answer your question as i understand it.

In shia jurisprudence,a daughter can inherit her father all his belongings if she is the only child.in sunni jurisprudence,if the daughter is the only child and has no brother to share with,she would share her father's inheritance with her uncles.

As for the case of Lady Fatima (as) we believe that abu bakr's testimony to confiscate Lady Fatima's (as) inheritance (Fadak) is a false testimony.it contradicts the Quran's evidence where prophets are cited to have left material possessions for inheritance.

As for the sunni hadith you mentioned,could be a fabrication.even if we are to accept such a hadith authentically exist,then all the same abu bakr's confiscation of Fadak was illegal islamically because abu bakr's authority is not legal.Imam Ali (as) was the first and immediate legitimate successor of the Prophet (s).so if the Prophet (s) had said that his successor should take charge of his property,that successor is meant to be no other than Imam Ali (as) the husband of Lady Fatima (as).

So this hadith if it does exist can be interpreted to mean someone other than abu bakr.likewise we have the hadith of the rightly guided caliphs.the Prophet (s) is reported to have said: 'follow my sunnah and the sunnah of my rightly guided caliphs'.in another hadith in 'sahih muslim' says the number of successors are 12 according to the Prophet (s)!so definitely the rightly guided caliphs are the 12 Imams (as) starting with Imam Ali (as) as the first of the twelve.but sunnis always have in my mind that the 'rightly guided caliphs' are 4-abu bakr,umar,usthman and Ali (as).this number of 4 was never mentioned by the Prophet (s).it is bid'ah,yet they dont realize it.the Prophet (s) never said his 'rightly guided caliphs' are 4.it was historians in the sunni circles who regarded only '4 caliphs' as 'rightly guided' when they saw the crimes and attrocities of muawiya,who was the fifth person to hold the caliphate and the fourth illegitimate person to usurp the caliphate.
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Zhulfiqar1: 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2011
Eid al-Ghadir Mubarak to everyone!

Alhamdulilla-hil-lazhi Ja-alana Minnal Motamas-sikeena Bi Wilayati Amiral-Mu'mina Ali Ibn Talib,alai-his-salam!

All praise is due to almighty Allah (swt) who has guided us to be among those who follow the wilayah (leadership bestowed by Allah) of Amirul Mu'minin,Ali Ibn Abi Talib (peace be upon him)!
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Zhulfiqar1: 10:33pm On Nov 13, 2011
Eid al-Ghadir Mubarak to everyone!

Alhamdulilla-hil-lazhi Ja-alana Minnal Motamas-sikeena Bi Wilayati Amiral-Mu'mina Ali Ibn Talib,alai-his-salam!

All praise is due to almighty Allah (swt) who has guided us to be among those who follow the wilayah (leadership bestowed by Allah) of Amirul Mu'minin,Ali Ibn Abi Talib (peace be upon him)!
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by deols(f): 4:24am On Nov 14, 2011
EID Al GHADIR is BID'AH. no doubt about it.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by LagosShia: 2:42pm On Nov 14, 2011
deols:

EID Al GHADIR is BID'AH. no doubt about it.

it is just shocking how someone is implicitly telling the world that her own Prophet,Muhammad (sa) initiated a bid'ah when he started this occassion at Ghadir Khumm!!!

with all the explanations given so far,someone is still saying that what her Prophet (sa) declared and is remembered today is an act of "innovation" which makes it forbidden and impermissible islamically.

no wonder many among us think you are followers of abu bakr and umar and not really followers of Muhammad (sa).even when given indisputable evidence that Muhammad (sa) carried out something you still tag it names as you desire because the tradition of abu bakr does not support it.infact some among us have named you "BAKRIS" since you're are not "sunni" at all and you are far away from following the sunnah of Muhammad (sa).

if it was abu bakr that the Prophet (sa) declared in Ghadir Khum,you would have embraced this day and tag it a "sunnah"!!!but because it was Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as),you shy away and call it "bid'ah".

that aside,do you really know what a bid'ah is?

i can see that when many of you are faced with something that your ignorance and system have concealed from you,you call it bi'dah even though the books of hadiths you regard as reliable and authentic mention it in ways undisputed.simply because you dont know something concealed from you,does not make it a bid'ah.

A BID'AH FIRST OF ALL HAS TO BE AN ACT OR SOMETHING THAT IS HARAM (FORBIDDEN AND IMPERMISSIBLE).otherwise the computer you are using is a "bid'ah"!!!!

IT MUST ALSO BE SOMETHING THAT CONTRADICTS THE PROPHET (SA) OR THE QURAN FOR IT TO BE BID'AH.

IT MUST ALSO BE AN ACT THAT WAS STOPPED OR FORBIDDEN BY THE PROPHET (SA) FOR IT TO BE BID'AH. e.g.THE TARAWIH PRAYERS WHICH YOU OBSERVE DURING THE MONTH OF RAMADHAN.

IT MUST ALSO BE AN ACT WHICH HAS NO PLACE IN ISLAM OR IT IS A LIE NOT TAUGHT OR RECOMMENDED BY THE PROPHET (SA) AND DOING IT IMPEDE WITH THE SYSTEM OF THINGS AS THE PROPHET (SA) DOES THEM.e.g,  LIKE WHEN YOU SHOUT "AMEEN" AFTER READING SURAT AL-FATIHA IN SALAT BECAUSE ABU HURAIRA,THE LIAR,PROCLAIMED A FALSE HADITH.

let me also shock you and tell you something you have never heard in your lifetime and may be no one would ever tell you: YOU ARE A BID'AH!

do you know why?

i say so because i have never heard of  followers in any religion calling what their own Prophet (sa) initiated and the "rightly guided caliphs" (i.e. the 12 Imams) practiced a "bid'ah".this that you have said makes you a bid'ah!history is strange to people calling what their own Prophet (sa) did a "bid'ah" until people like you do so.
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2011
BIDAH,BIDAH,BIDAH,yet they do the worst bidah in Islam.The most annoying is the Ameeeen,imagine an imam leading prayer and saying ameen to end surah fathia, and a single ameen cannot be found in the Quran,so many duas in the Quran thats answered without the word ameen.
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by vedaxcool(m): 3:25pm On Nov 14, 2011
The Shia claim that the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) completed his last Hajj, said his Farewell Sermon atop Mount Arafat in Mecca, and then afterwards appointed Ali (رضّى الله عنه) at Ghadir Khumm. Let us analyze this claim[b]: Ghadir Khumm is located between Mecca and Medinah, near the city of Al-Juhfah, as mentioned by the Al-Islam.org website. It is a watering hole in the middle of the desert[/b]. The coup de grâce to the Shia argument is the fact that Ghadir Khumm is located approximately 250 km away from Mecca. This simple fact is enough to shatter the entire premise of Shi’ism.

As we all know, the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) delivered his Farewell Sermon in Mecca during his last Hajj. This was in front of the great majority of the Muslims, who had come from all of the various cities to do Hajj. If the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) wanted to appoint Ali (رضّى الله عنه) as his successor, then there is absolutely no cognizable explanation why the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) did not do this during his Farewell Sermon to all of the Muslims. The entire Muslim Ummah was gathered there to hear his parting words, so surely this would be the most appropriate time and opportunity to appoint a successor.

The Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) and the Muslims completed their Hajj after which everyone went back to their respective home cities. The people of Medinah went back to Medinah, the people of Taif went back to Taif, the people of Yemen went back to Yemen, the people of Kufa went back to Kufa, the people of Syria went back to Syria, and the people of Mecca stayed put in Mecca.

It was only the group that lived in cities in the North of the Arabian Peninsula that passed by Ghadir Khumm. T[b]his would consist of only those who were heading towards Medinah and the minority of Muslims that lived in places such as Syria. Therefore, when the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) stopped at Ghadir Khumm and the supposed incident happened, a great number of the Muslims were not present including those living in Mecca, Taif, Yemen, etc. After the Hajj, the Meccans stayed behind in Mecca, the people of Taif went back to Taif, the people of Kufa went back to Kufa, the people of Yemen went back to Yemen, etc. Only the group going to Medinah (or passing through/near it) accompanied the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) to Ghadir Khumm.[/b]

Therefore, contrary to the claims of the Shia, the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) did not appoint Ali (رضّى الله عنه) in front of all the Muslims, but rather what happened at Ghadir Khumm happened in front of just the handful of Muslims who were heading back to Medinah (or passing through/near it).

2 Likes

Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by LagosShia: 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2011
EID AL-GHADIR MUBARAK!!!
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by vedaxcool(m): 3:53pm On Nov 14, 2011
The Hadith of Ghadir Khumm is narrated in Sahih Bukhari (volume 5, Book 59 Number 637):

Narrated Buraida:

The Prophet sent Ali to Khalid to bring the Khumus (of the booty) and I hated Ali, and Ali had taken a bath (after a sexual act with a slave-girl from the Khumus). I said to Khalid, “Don’t you see this (i.e. Ali)?” When we reached the Prophet, I mentioned that to him. He (the Prophet) said, “O Buraida! Do you hate Ali?” I said, “Yes.” He said, “Do you hate him, for he deserves more than that from the Khumlus.”

please where did it talk of Ali being his successor?
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by vedaxcool(m): 3:56pm On Nov 14, 2011
What Really Happened at Ghadir Khumm

Nobody denies the incident of Ghadir Khumm; however, what we deny are the exaggerations of the Shia with regards to said event. First off, the Shia exaggerate as to how many people were present at Ghadir Khumm, often giving numbers in the hundreds of thousands. As we have shown above, only the Muslims heading towards Medinah were present at Ghadir Khumm, which means that the Meccans were not present, nor were any of the people of Taif, Yemen, etc. In fact, the Shia often quote that 100,000 people were present at Ghadir Khumm but this is likely an over-exaggeration, and rather this is the number of people present in Mecca for the Hajj from all of the cities, not only those who were returning to Medinah (which was only a fraction of that number). Whatever the case, no matter what number the Shia use, this can only be a fraction of the Muslims because it would not include the Muslims living in Mecca, Taif, Yemen, etc.

The context of Ghadir Khumm must be taken into consideration. What happened at Ghadir Khumm was that the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) was responding to certain individuals who were criticizing Ali ibn Abi Talib (رضّى الله عنه). The background behind this was that a few months earlier, the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) had dispatched Ali (رضّى الله عنه) alongside 300 men to Yemen on an expedition. This is mentioned on the Shia website, www.najaf.org: “Ali was appointed the leader of the expedition to Yemen.” (http://www.najaf.org/english/book/20/4.htm)

The army led by Ali (رضّى الله عنه) was very successful in Yemen and they captured a lot of war booty. It was over this war booty that a dispute began between Ali (رضّى الله عنه) on the one hand and his soldiers on the other. It is narrated in Ibn Kathir’s “al-Bidayah wan-Nihayah”:

Amongst the state’s fifth of the spoils there was enough linen to clothe the whole army, but Ali had decided that it must be handed over to the Prophet untouched.

After the victory in Yemen, Ali (رضّى الله عنه) placed his deputy commander in charge of the troops stationed in Yemen, while he himself head out towards Mecca to meet the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) for the Hajj. We read:

In his (Ali’s) absence, however, the man he left in charge was persuaded to lend each man a new change of clothes out of the linen. The change was much needed for they had been away from home for nearly three months.
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Zhulfiqar1: 4:07pm On Nov 14, 2011
vedaxcool:

The Hadith of Ghadir Khumm is narrated in Sahih Bukhari (volume 5, Book 59 Number 637):

Narrated Buraida:

The Prophet sent Ali to Khalid to bring the Khumus (of the booty) and I hated Ali, and Ali had taken a bath (after a intimate act with a slave-girl from the Khumus). I said to Khalid, “Don’t you see this (i.e. Ali)?” When we reached the Prophet, I mentioned that to him. He (the Prophet) said, “O Buraida! Do you hate Ali?” I said, “Yes.” He said, “Do you hate him, for he deserves more than that from the Khumlus.”

please where did it talk of Ali being his successor?

the Hadith of Ghadir Khumm is not mentioned at all by either bukhari or Imam muslim for reasons that are obviously known of bukhari and muslim.i really dont know how can someone go to a book,pick out a random hadith,refer to it as the "hadith of ghadir khumm" and then ask "where did it talk of Ali being successor"? this is either outright dishonesty aimed at misleading others or outright blindness leading others to darkness.

regardless the hadith of Ghadir Khumm is mutawatir (authentic and relayed by many reporters) according to sunni hadith standards and mentioned by reliable sunni hadith authorities and approved like Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal,Ibn Maja,Ibn Athir,Ibn Kathir,Al-Tirmidhi,Al-Tabarani,Al-Tabari,An-Nasai,Ibn Asakir,and Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani.

as for the biase and hate of bukhari and muslim for the Ahlul-Bayt members (as),you just need to see the hadith quoted in the above and the disrespect directed towards Imam Ali (as).infact,when we examine hadiths by bukhari and muslim even about the Prophet (sa),you would be shocked with the words and narrations.
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by vedaxcool(m): 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2011
^^^^^

Laughing out loudly, lol grin grin grin, if you are ignorant of something should you be humble enough to ask questions? as shias are often in the habit of using this hadith with the addition of Mawla to make it seem Ali r.a was to be the prophet successor.

why don't you bring sunni hadiths that talk of this successor fantasy of yours, or have my post auto-spam your proof! grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Zhulfiqar1: 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2011
vedaxcool:

Therefore, contrary to the claims of the Shia, the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) did not appoint Ali (رضّى الله عنه) in front of all the Muslims, but rather what happened at Ghadir Khumm happened in front of just the handful of Muslims who were heading back to Medinah (or passing through/near it).

the excuse that the people present at Ghadir Khumm were only a "handful of Muslims" does not forgive the fact that among the "handful of Muslims" (if we are to accept that number) were the culprits and usurpers of the caliphate Abu Bakr and Umar.this excuse could have made more sense assuming abu bakr and umar,the very two people who usurped the caliphate were not present.but what happens when the criminals who stole the caliphate from its rightful owner were present in Ghadir Khumm?the excuse becomes unjustifiable in itself!!!

Oath of Allegiance
==================
After his speech, the Messenger of Allah asked every body to give the oath
of allegiance to Ali Ibn Abi Talib (AS) and congratulate him. Among those who gave him
the oath were Umar, Abu Bakr, and Uthman. It is narrated that Umar and
Abu Bakr said:

"Well done Ibn Abi Talib! Today you became the leader (Mawla) of all
    believing men and women."

Sunni references:
(1) Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v4, p281
(2) Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhr al-Razi, v12, pp 49-50
(3) Mishkat al-Masabih, by al-Khatib al-Tabrizi, p557
(4) Habib al-Siyar, by Mir Khand, v1, part3, p144
(5) Kitabul Wilayah, by Ibn Jarir al-Tabari
(6) al-Musannaf, by Ibn Abi Shaybah
(7) al-Musnad, by Abu Ya'ala
(8 ) Hadith al-Wilayah, by Ahmad Ibn `Uqdah
(9 ) Tarikh, by Khatib al-Baghdadi, v8,
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Zhulfiqar1: 4:40pm On Nov 14, 2011
vedaxcool:

The Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) and the Muslims completed their Hajj after which everyone went back to their respective home cities. The people of Medinah went back to Medinah, the people of Taif went back to Taif, the people of Yemen went back to Yemen, the people of Kufa went back to Kufa, the people of Syria went back to Syria, and the people of Mecca stayed put in Mecca.

It was only the group that lived in cities in the North of the Arabian Peninsula that passed by Ghadir Khumm. T[b]his would consist of only those who were heading towards Medinah and the minority of Muslims that lived in places such as Syria. Therefore, when the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) stopped at Ghadir Khumm and the supposed incident happened, a great number of the Muslims were not present including those living in Mecca, Taif, Yemen, etc. After the Hajj, the Meccans stayed behind in Mecca, the people of Taif went back to Taif, the people of Kufa went back to Kufa, the people of Yemen went back to Yemen, etc. Only the group going to Medinah (or passing through/near it)

the Prophet (sa) himself with the multitude of muslims that performed the hajj was returning back to Medinah!

even a child knows that the Prophet Muhammad (sa) adopted Medinah as his own home.he even died in Medinah and was buried in Medina.

so after performing the hajj in Makkah,the Prophet (sa) and the majority of muslims passed through Ghadir Khumm either heading to Medinah or elsewhere.a minority who are from Makkah and did not accompany the Prophet (sa) to Medinah could have stayed back in Makkah.

there is dishonesty written all over the many excuses given by sunnis living in denial to conceal the facts about Ghadir Khumm.
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Zhulfiqar1: 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2011
The Number of People in Ghadir Khum
===================================

It was Allah's will that an increased popularity is associated with this
tradition via the tongs of narrators and over the times. So that there is a
standing proof for the guiding Imam (peace be upon him). Allah ordered His
Prophet (PBUH&HF) to notify people at a time of crowded populous so that
all become the narrators of the tradition, while they exceeded a hundred
thousand.

Narrated by Zaid Ibn Arqam: Abu al-Tufail said: "I heard it from
the Messenger of Allah, and there was no one (there) unless he
saw him with his eyes and heard him with his ears."

Sunni reference:
(1) al-Khasa'is, by al-Nisa'i, p21;
(2) al-Dhahabi said it is sahih (authentic), as said in:
(3) History of Ibn Kathir, v5, p208

It is also narrated that:

"The Messenger of Allah called at the height of his voice."

Sunni reference: Manaqib al-Khawarizmi, by al-Khawarizmi, p94

"There were with the Messenger (PBUH) from the companions, Arabs,
residents around Mecca and Medina one hundred and twenty thousand
(120,000) and they are those who were present in the Farewell
Pilgrimage and heard this speech."

Sunni reference: Manaqib, by Ibn al-Jawzi
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Zhulfiqar1: 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2011
vedaxcool:

^^^^^

Laughing out loudly, lol grin grin grin, if you are ignorant of something should you be humble enough to ask questions? as shias are often in the habit of using this hadith with the addition of Mawla to make it seem Ali r.a was to be the prophet successor.

why don't you bring sunni hadiths that talk of this successor fantasy of yours, or have my post auto-spam your proof! grin

The Messenger of Allah declared: "It seems the time approached when I
shall be called away (by Allah) and I shall answer that call. I am
leaving for you two precious things and if you adhere both of them,
you will never go astray after me. They are the Book of Allah and my
progeny, that is my Ahlul-Bayt. The two shall never separate from each
other until they come to me by the Pool (of Paradise)."

Then the Messenger of Allah continued: "Do I not have more right over
the believers than what they have over themselves?" People cried and
answered: "Yes, O' Messenger of God." Then Prophet (PBUH) held up the
hand of Ali and said: "Whoever I am his leader (Mawla), Ali is his
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
leader (Mawla). O' God,support those who are loyal to him, and be hostile to
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
those who are hostile to him."

Some of the Sunni references:
(1) Sahih Tirmidhi, v2, p298, v5, p63
(2) Sunan Ibn Maja, v1, pp 12,43
(3) Khasa'is, by al-Nisa'i, pp 4,21
(4) al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v2, p129, v3, pp 109-110,116,371
(5) Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v1, pp 84,118,119,152,330, v4, pp 281,368,370,
372,378, v5, pp 35,347,358,361,366,419 (from 40 chains of narrators)
(6) Fada'il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Hanbal, v2, pp 563,572
(7) Majma' al-Zawa'id, by al-Haythami, v9, p103 (from several transmitters)
(cool Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhr al-Razi, v12, pp 49-50
(9) Tafsir al-Durr al-Manthur, by al-Hafiz Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, v3, p19
(10) Tarikh al-Khulafa, by al-Suyuti, pp 169,173
(11) al-Bidayah wal-Nihayah, by Ibn Kathir, v3, p213, v5, p208
(12) Usdul Ghabah, by Ibn Athir, v4, p114
(13) Mushkil al-Athar, by al-Tahawi, v2, pp 307-308
(14) Habib al-Siyar, by Mir Khand, v1, part 3, p144
(15) Sawaiq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar al-Haythami, p26
(16) al-Isabah, by Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, v2, p509; v1, part1, p319,
v2, part1, p57, v3, part1, p29, v4, part 1, pp 14,16,143
(17) Tabarani, who narrated from companions such as Ibn Umar, Malik Ibn
al-Hawirath, Habashi Ibn Junadah, Jari, Sa'd Ibn Abi Waqqas,
Anas Ibn Malik, Ibn Abbas, Amarah,Buraydah,,
(18) Tarikh, by al-Khatib Baghdadi, v8, p290
(19) Hilyatul Awliya', by al-Hafiz Abu Nu'aym, v4, p23, v5, pp26-27
(20) al-Istiab, by Ibn Abd al-Barr, Chapter of word "ayn" (Ali), v2, p462
(21) Kanzul Ummal, by al-Muttaqi al-Hindi, v6, pp 154,397
(22) al-Mirqat, v5, p568
(23) al-Riyad al-Nadirah, by al-Muhib al-Tabari, v2, p172
(24) Dhaka'ir al-Uqba, by al-Muhib al-Tabari, p68
(25) Faydh al-Qadir, by al-Manawi, v6, p217
(26) Yanabi' al-Mawaddah, by al-Qudoozi al-Hanafi, p297
, And hundreds more.
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by vedaxcool(m): 5:09pm On Nov 14, 2011
Zhul-fiqar:

"There were with the Messenger (PBUH) from the companions, Arabs,
    residents around Mecca and Medina one hundred and twenty thousand
    (120,000) and they are those who were present in the Farewell
    Pilgrimage and heard this speech."

Sunni reference: Manaqib, by Ibn al-Jawzi

Now the fair well speech was held at Ghadir Khumm? why are you trying so hard to obscure the truth? Please for those following look the picture at my first post and then tell how the 120, 000 people all came from Medina, from the diagram I posted, people from Meccan would have not go Ghadir Khumm since they were already at home, people from Taif, Yeman would have simply turned back and head home, only a few people would have follow the prophet back to Medina thereby passing through Ghadir Khumm, that indeed would be only a hand full.

I am glad you have relinquish the lie that the incident of Ghadir was done in the presence of all Muslims, now this is a significant victory against falsehood, the Prophet pbuh made the most important announcement when nearly everybody had departed for home, those that make sense? well this mean one lie down another to go  grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by vedaxcool(m): 5:11pm On Nov 14, 2011
In fact, there are only two additions to the Hadith which are considered authentic and that too only by some scholars. For the purpose of debate, however, we shall accept them as authentic. Again, these two additions are not in the Sahihayn but rather they are in the variant narrations in other books. As the student of Hadith knows, Hadith have various gradings; as for the Hadith of Ghadir Khumm, what is most authentic is that which is in Sahih Bukhari as reproduced above. However, there are other variant versions which have two additions:

1) The first addition is: “Man Kuntu Mawla fa `Ali Mawla.” (Whomsoever’s Mawla I am, this Ali is also his Mawla.)

2) The second addition is: “Allahummu wali man walaah wa `adi man `adaah.” (O Allah, befriend whosoever befriends him and be the enemy of whosoever is hostile to him.)

The first addition is generally accepted, and the second one is weaker but some scholars do consider it authentic. As far as any other additions are concerned, these are not contained in the authentic books and are “mawdoo” or fabricated. Generally, the Shia are content in basing their arguments upon these first two additions, but no doubt after they are refuted, they will oftentimes then resort to using obscure sources to produce further additions such as the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) saying Ali (رضّى الله عنه) is his Wasi, Caliph, Imam, etc. These are all fabrications, and historically the Shia have been manufacturers of fabricated Hadith. The Shia are able to produce lengthy lists of obscure references about Ghadir Khumm because they themselves have been responsible for the multitude of forgeries in regards to Ghadir Khumm.

in essence the obscure hadiths you quoted is unknown to me! the above are the only two hadiths that are available!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Things That Make A Man Happy And Things That Make Him Miserable / Nigerians And Other Muslims Climb Mount Arafat In Saudi Arabia / Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.