Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,647 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

The Politics Of 'misevangelism' And Growing Disservice To The Gospel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Politics Of 'misevangelism' And Growing Disservice To The Gospel (71 Views)

Okowa: It Would Be Disservice To Turn Down Nomination To Be Atiku’s Running Mate / Fayose: I Call On The ICC To Probe The Tenure Of The Former "Disservice Chiefs" / Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Politics Of 'misevangelism' And Growing Disservice To The Gospel by elhakiimed(m): 8:59pm On Mar 02
“And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach from Jesus Christ” (Acts 5:42).

Several verses like this in the Bible encourage preaching the message of the gospel.

Clear and concise instructions that humans' overzealous attempt to drive others to faith continue to frustrate over centuries.

Witch hunt in 16th century Europe, faith themed Slave trade in Africa, Crusades and ravaging wars.

Actions that beg the question, is it actually God these souls are to be won for or the ego of maniacs desperate for control over their others?

It bothers me enough to write this today that the many preachers of gospel have sadly lost track of the goal, forgetting that the world is equally shared with people of different beliefs, and that it will remain the same till Jesus come.

Disclaimer:

I am a Muslim, raised in a typical Christian culture. I have a Christian Middle name till date, but I did made my choice. This is not an attempt to disrespect the Christian faithfuls.

With that out of the way, I'd like a discussion on the anxiety of Christian evangelists and preachers for the Islamic faith.

Not that it hinders Islam from its growing influence as the world's fastest growing faith and the religion with most devout, but it's disturbing to see influencers resort to rumor mongering and misinformation on Islamic teaching rather than focusing on the message of the gospel.

I think these preachers convince themselves that spreading false information and hate about Islam won't make more people continue to turn away from Christianity, when infact its the church itself.

I would like a mature discussion on this observation.

(No childish tantrums please)

(1) (Reply)

AWHAK Seals Partnership Deal With AKSEPWMA For Clean A'ibom Environment / International Women's Day : APGA National Youth Leader Celebrates With Women / CISLAC Urges Government Action To Protect Women And Girls In Nigeria NEWS DIGES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.