Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,022 members, 7,835,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election (30466 Views)

Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better / Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State / Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by lexy2014: 3:21pm On Mar 03
OredoPikin:

All regions have good candidates
If it gets to the turn of your region and you decide to present Anini or Tinubu, Na u sabi

I was discussing this with a friend of mine just last week here
Let the presidency be rotated every 12years between South and North
That 12years, it should go round with the 3 zones of that region
4years each for each zone
Then we will now break it down to states
State that produced will not produce again when it gets to their zone until it has rotated across all states in that region

That's the only way this country can stand as one

if you claim that all regions have "good candidates", then what is wrong if all those good candidates step out and test their popularity against themselves at the same time?

1 Like

Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by emmykk(m): 3:27pm On Mar 03
ChiefOloye:
These oeople won't stop at nothing, just to be President in the zoo. They tried bringing in Military to usurp our democracy, it didn't work, they asked one of them to write Biden and the Hague, to undermine our democratic process, even called for the arrest of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and make pitobi President, that also didn't work. Now, in another desperate move, they want to enact their own version of the law, that will give them the Presidency on a platter of gold, using an Agatu man from Benue, to sponsor a useless, senseless and undemocratic bill. grin grin

You that can't even eat that hardship is slamming will still do let my tribe continue...Nigerians especially the low live are the problem of Nigeria.
Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by ubimagos: 4:06pm On Mar 03
Obi sneaking through the window!

2 Likes

Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by IMASTEX: 4:25pm On Mar 03
yinkus6750:
Amendment of the constitution, as regards Presidential elections will mean equality for all gwo political zones
No zone should be marginalized or barred from ruling the country.
Trust our politrickcians, they will scuttle the move due to selfish interests.
Well, the best way to make the geopolitical zones equitable is to first make them regional governments. And see healthy competition among the regionals for growth while the federal seat becomes less attractive. The current system that is hoping for the president to change things can never work. The proposed rotation among geopolitical zones will only mean "our turn to eat the lion share" as it is currently. So the proposed bill belongs to the bin.

1 Like

Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by Cmanforall: 4:54pm On Mar 03
GanagiBitrus:

If one region keeps producing President & Nigeria keeps moving forward without Hunger, Nigerians will be happy. But that's not the reality on ground so Nigerians are not happy.

I proposed 2options - Rotational Presidency or Regionalisation. If some regions believe they have the best hands, then they should opt for Regionalisation so that they can turn their region into Dubai & become the envy of other regions.

Your proposition is not bad. I think there's need to encourage competition that can boost the economy and promote development.
Federal government power may need to be reduced and states don't need to wait for federal allocations. In fact its bit a disgrace that States wait for federal allocation to pay their states' civil servants.
Maybe sometime in the future, Nigeria will get things better

1 Like

Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by buchai: 5:07pm On Mar 03
It sounds good to me
Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by JohnnA1: 5:22pm On Mar 03
IMASTEX:

Well, the best way to make the geopolitical zones equitable is to first make them regional governments. And see healthy competition among the regionals for growth while the federal seat becomes less attractive. The current system that is hoping for the president to change things can never work. The proposed rotation among geopolitical zones will only mean "our turn to eat the lion share" as it is currently. So the proposed bill belongs to the bin.
Thank you.
Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by okeke6969: 5:56pm On Mar 03
ChiefOloye:
These oeople won't stop at nothing, just to be President in the zoo. They tried bringing in Military to usurp our democracy, it didn't work, they asked one of them to write Biden and the Hague, to undermine our democratic process, even called for the arrest of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and make pitobi President, that also didn't work. Now, in another desperate move, they want to enact their own version of the law, that will give them the Presidency on a platter of gold, using an Agatu man from Benue, to sponsor a useless, senseless and undemocratic bill. grin grin

Now I strongly believe that Colos can damage the brain.
Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by vannessa7(f): 6:37pm On Mar 03
JohnnA1:
This thoughtless bill cannot work in a DEMOCRACY.

Rather they should raise a bill to restructure Nigeria into six geo-political zones, and let each region elect their own leaders.

RestructureNigeria#

100% ✓✓✓✓✓

1 Like

Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by pacespot(m): 7:26pm On Mar 03
They have already made the presidency rotational by regions, why putting it into zones.

Restructuring is the best answer to all this, let's go back to regionalism and people will not have to worry much about who takes the centre.

1 Like

Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by OredoPikin: 8:18pm On Mar 03
lexy2014:

if you claim that all regions have "good candidates", then what is wrong if all those good candidates step out and test their popularity against themselves at the same time?
we all know religion and tribal sentiments plays a serious part in Nigeria Election

Yorubas will never produce Tinubu as president if the ticket is micro-zone to just SW. when dey know fully well that they will have to wait for another 12years before it will get to their turn again
Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by lexy2014: 8:29pm On Mar 03
OredoPikin:

we all know religion and tribal sentiments plays a serious part in Nigeria Election

Yorubas will never produce Tinubu as president if the ticket is micro-zone to just SW. when dey know fully well that they will have to wait for another 12years before it will get to their turn again

That is not what I asked you.

1 Like

Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by OredoPikin: 8:47pm On Mar 03
lexy2014:

That is not what I asked you.

you seriously do not know how politics in Nigeria is played

there is nothing wrong if all the good candidates comes out. but parties here always give their tickets to the highest bidders or the person the predecessor can control
the good ones rarely have a chance
take the last election for example, Osinbajo was the best aspirant under APC. But did he win, he even came out 3rd because he doesnt have money to challenge people like Tinubu or Ameachi
Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by lexy2014: 8:52pm On Mar 03
OredoPikin:

you seriously do not know how politics in Nigeria is played

there is nothing wrong if all the good candidates comes out. but parties here always give their tickets to the highest bidders or the person the predecessor can control
the good ones rarely have a chance
take the last election for example, Osinbajo was the best aspirant under APC. But did he win, he even came out 3rd because he doesnt have money to challenge people like Tinubu or Ameachi

Did I ask you about osinbajo or anaechi?

Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by Tilewizy: 5:25am On Mar 04
In the North, power comes from the North West, any other region in the North comes second. Then in the entire south, power is deemed to come from the south west, except the south east pulls through with time. For the south south its going to be a difficult adventure, since they are considered minority.
Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by tonyshine01: 6:35am On Mar 04
Agents of Atiku Abubakar at work.
Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by casualobserver: 11:13am On Mar 04
Justiceleague1:

but there's every problem with the south east becoming president.

A few days a go, the Minister of education made a comment on the standard of education in Nigeria and the epidemic of educated Nigerians with poor English comprehension. Just so you understand, English comprehension refers to the ability to understand what you read or what is said......literacy is not just about the ability to read and write. The purpose of language is to communicate, if you do not understand (comprehend) what is being said or what you read, you are not communicating and are uneducated literate. If i say "possibly", i didnt say yes or no, if you chose to interpret that as yes or no, that is a failure of Comprehension. If I say "couple of minutes" and you dont understand that it means precisely "two minutes"..that's poor English comprehension. i am responsible for what I say but not responsible for your substandard education.

Now, please tell me where I said there is a problem with the SE becoming president? What I said is anybody from any zone can become president if they get enough votes. what I said is no one can become president without support from other zones. What I said is that if you chose to alienate others you wont get the votes you require to become president. How did your years in school process these statements to conclude that I said there is "every problem with the south east becoming president"?

1 Like

Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by Justiceleague1: 1:43pm On Mar 04
casualobserver:

A few days a go, the Minister of education made a comment on the standard of education in Nigeria and the epidemic of educated Nigerians with poor English comprehension. Just so you understand, English comprehension refers to the ability to understand what you read or what is said......literacy is not just about the ability to read and write. The purpose of language is to communicate, if you do not understand (comprehend) what is being said or what you read, you are not communicating and are uneducated literate. If i say "possibly", i didnt say yes or no, if you chose to interpret that as yes or no, that is a failure of Comprehension. If I say "couple of minutes" and you dont understand that it means precisely "two minutes"..that's poor English comprehension. i am responsible for what I say but not responsible for your substandard education.

Now, please tell me where I said there is a problem with the SE becoming president? What I said is anybody from any zone can become president if they get enough votes. what I said is no one can become president without support from other zones. What I said is that if you chose to alienate others you wont get the votes you require to become president. How did your years in school process these statements to conclude that I said there is "every problem with the south east becoming president"?

And in that your comprehensive brain,the baboons and dogs will be soaked in blood is enough to not to alienate yourself to become president,right.

Keep up with the epistles and speeches and debates, everyone knows that's what you bunch do whenever it's about the Igbos. Continue.. everyone is eating breakfast in the country while shouting EBIN PAWA OOOOOO 😁😁😁

With your years of holding the presidency,your regions still remain the same so continue
Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by casualobserver: 2:23pm On Mar 04
Justiceleague1:

And in that your comprehensive brain,the baboons and dogs will be soaked in blood is enough to not to alienate yourself to become president,right.

Keep up with the epistles and speeches and debates, everyone knows that's what you bunch do whenever it's about the Igbos. Continue.. everyone is eating breakfast in the country while shouting EBIN PAWA OOOOOO 😁😁😁

With your years of holding the presidency,your regions still remain the same so continue

You made this about tribe and since you want to go there, it says a lot about your region that despite the stagnancy of the SW as you say, your people keep trooping here daily in droves. How bad must your region be that a stagnant region is your only hope? You are the only people who cannot eek out a living in their zone, do you see others fleeing their zones the way you do? What is so about your region that you all can’t wait to leave and others don’t want to go there?

Nobody leaves his home if he can earn a living and make progress there, that’s why northerners don’t leave the North and we in the SW dont leave the south. People don’t japa because they love Canada and the cold of the UK, they leave because home has become unpalatable for them and they don’t go to a place that is worse that where they are fleeing.

3 Likes

Re: Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election by Justiceleague1: 4:07pm On Mar 04
casualobserver:

You made this about tribe and since you want to go there, it says a lot about your region that despite the stagnancy of the SW as you say, your people keep trooping here daily in droves. How bad must your region be that a stagnant region is your only hope? You are the only people who cannot eek out a living in their zone, do you see others fleeing their zones the way you do? What is so about your region that you all can’t wait to leave and others don’t want to go there?

Nobody leaves his home if he can earn a living and make progress there, that’s why northerners don’t leave the North and we in the SW dont leave the south. People don’t japa because they love Canada and the cold of the UK, they leave because home has become unpalatable for them and they don’t go to a place that is worse that where they are fleeing.

When I saw you take me for an Igbo,I immediately stopped reading..... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! / Pastor Oyakhilome, Peter Obi, Gbenga Daniels Visit Obasanjo On His 87th Birthday / Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.