Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,594 members, 7,955,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:00 PM

Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers (51572 Views)

Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers / Searching for a job? Click here to get free CV templates, interview tips etc. / Free Cv Review For Students & Jobseekers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by rose25(f): 11:54am On Dec 03, 2013
Pls do u still review cv?trying to send my cv but its not going..is there any other way I could send it?
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by DorcasKaruana: 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
CV Writing: This is how you should incorporate your accomplishments on your CV
The first step is identifying your job accomplishments: Working experience is important but more important is what you achieved in those years of experience. For instance, saying that you have been doing sales for ten years may be impressive but adding that you broke the sales record thrice may just land you the new position.

Focus on those things that you have achieved first such as breaking records or bringing in new business. However, anything you were a part of can also play a role in this. Take the time to write a list of these accomplishments.
After you identify you accomplishment the next task will be to incorporate them into your CV.

You can incorporate your major accomplishment as part of the career objective. [/b]This is where one outlines their goals. You may say for instance, my goal is to use my accomplishments in IT to help in the growth of a company.

[b]The accomplishments can also be included in the body of the CV.
For example, you should list job-specific accomplishments under the appropriate employer listing on your CV. You can also list your key accomplishments at the bottom of your CV in a bulleted list.

For more visit: http://www.careerpointkenya.com/2013/12/03/cv-writing-highlight-accomplishments/
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by mycvclinic: 8:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hello rose25 and All,

For review, send your cv to info@thekrine.com or thekrine@gmail.com. Same old challenge - I've been a little busy/lazy this past couple of weeks (blame it on my job and also trying to do too many things on www.thekrine.com at once). I've managed to review about 5 today and a couple others over the weekend (crop of my sent mailbox for those who doubt like I do smiley). Not a great number for an entire day but it's better than nothing.

All CVs sent to me this month have been responded to. I have about 4 pending from November and a few others from previous months. I don't intend moving backwards past November. So sorry if you've sent yours around then but if I keep trying to reach older CVs my mailbox will get packed again. I'll try my best to have better control on all CVs sent moving forward - it's a promise I intend to keep. Feel free to resend yours if you sent yours around that time and haven't heard back from me.

Holidays are coming so I should have a bit more free time for reviews.

That said, I'm not impressed that CVs I'm receiving have basically same issues (very dull Career Objective, unnecessary Personal Information like place of birth and poor portrayal of SKILLS - the heart of any CV). Please scroll through this thread, make some basic improvement on your CV using examples of CVs I've reviewed. That way, I can get through more CVs (and not feel frustrated spending a lot of time addressing common lapses while CVs pile up). Please please help me help you.

Looking forward to receiving your CVs and please write something in your mail to show cv is for review.

Cheers

rose25: Pls do u still review cv?trying to send my cv but its not going..is there any other way I could send it?

Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by cheapgadgets6: 12:24am On Dec 16, 2013
Nice thread
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by rukie(f): 5:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
Hello, please can I send my cv for review?
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by geni(f): 11:23am On Dec 18, 2013
please,can i forward my cv.Thanks.
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by rose25(f): 6:35am On Dec 19, 2013
@mycvclinic,pls have sent in my cv for review,awaiting ur reply. Thnks
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by ngjpub: 10:11am On Dec 21, 2013
http://www.ngjpub.com/call-for-papers/

As part of our efforts in encouraging Nigerian Graduates who successfully conducted good research works (projects/ theses) upon graduation, Nigerian Graduates’ Journal is calling for the submission of research papers to be published online for free.

Note: The author must be a Graduate and is expected to have “defended” the work in his/her host University/institution. Publication starts January 2014.

Please visit www.ngjpub.com or contact admin@ngjpub.com for more information or inquiries.

Dr. Hosam Faisal

For Nigerian Graduates’ Journal.
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by amosade30(m): 6:30pm On Dec 21, 2013
Pls I nid sm1 wu cn teach me autocad,ms word and excel veri wel,or sm1 we can practice 2geda..lag onli..tnx

1 Like

Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 21, 2013
Nice one @Op
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by kayStelly(f): 11:25pm On Dec 21, 2013
Hi Op... Thank you so very much for the tips and guidelines you have highlighted in this post, I say may the good Lord bless you richly.
Am an agricultural student in my finals but have great interest in the ICT World, please, how do i combine these two... Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by GentleFrank(m): 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
Good !
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by Kwinjane(f): 9:45am On Dec 31, 2013
Pls sm1 should send a sample to my mail kwinjane@yahoo.com. The link is not openin and I still hav my CV in MSWord. Thanks
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by Nobody: 2:51am On Jan 01, 2014
amosade30: Pls I nid sm1 wu cn teach me autocad,ms word and excel veri wel,or sm1 we can practice 2geda..lag onli..tnx
i hav some videos if u re interested.
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by Acedude: 11:07pm On Jan 01, 2014
@Mycvclinic. To say u ve bin able to keep this thread going for 3yrs with continous inpact is highly commendable. gained a handful of insights from dis thread..bigups to you

God bless you real good!

1 Like

Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by amosade30(m): 12:22am On Jan 02, 2014
harde2lah:
I am...I'll rili aprc8 dem a lot..here is ma contact: 08106326186(whatsapp also)..or u cn drop yrs so I cn reach u..tnx alot
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by MariaGoretti: 6:16am On Jan 02, 2014
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by olalerelateef(m): 6:32am On Jan 02, 2014
harde2lah:
Please i dnt mind either email olalereopeyemi@gmail.com
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 02, 2014
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 02, 2014
olalerelateef:
Please i dnt mind either email olalereopeyemi@gmail.com
the size is large. How do i send it?
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by PreciousBro: 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2014
Hi Mrcivclinic, I've been following your thread and I must say I'm impressed,however,I want to send my cv for review and I'd really appreciate your input on it. Thanks and God bless smiley
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by onyeogalu1(m): 10:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
grin grin grin grin
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by Benjom(m): 9:26am On Jan 03, 2014
~PreciousBro~:
Hi Mrcivclinic, I've been following your thread and I must say I'm impressed,however,I want to send my cv for review and I'd really appreciate your input on it. Thanks and God bless smiley

Send your CV as an attachment to exceptionalcv2014@gmail.com and let me make your day... free of course.
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by echeprecious: 9:58am On Jan 03, 2014
hope am not late here?
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by PreciousBro: 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2014
Benjom:
Send your CV as an attachment to exceptionalcv2014@gmail.com and let me make your day... free of course.

Ok, I Just Did. smiley Thanks and God bless.
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by amosade30(m): 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
harde2lah:
ok! Noted. The challenge now is that, i have d videos on my system and the size is quite large, in d vicinity of 1.5gb. So, how do you propose i send them 2 you? My nos 08024537298. I bliv u'll find d videos very helpful, cos its hands-on. Thanks nd have a nice day.
r u based in lag? Mayb we can talk on whatsapp n dscus au I cn mit u to colect dem
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by aalymah(f): 8:34pm On Jan 03, 2014
@mycvclinic,thumbs up 4d gud job!!!
Pls do u stil review cv?I sent mine 2ur email since yday & avnt gotten any response...
Tanx in anticipation 4ur prompt reply

Cheers!
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by detee2: 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
amosade30: Pls I nid sm1 wu cn teach me autocad,ms word and excel veri wel,or sm1 we can practice 2geda..lag onli..tnx
same here pls. I seriously need help as regards above.
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by detee2: 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
harde2lah:
ok! Noted. The challenge now is that, i have d videos on my system and the size is quite large, in d vicinity of 1.5gb. So, how do you propose i send them 2 you? My nos 08024537298. I bliv u'll find d videos very helpful, cos its hands-on. Thanks nd have a nice day.
i also need it. If you are based in lag, pls hw can i get to you? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers by tunnex190: 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
This is one of the best topics I have ever followed from the front page to this end. Kudos to you OP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Has Released The Name For Shortlisted Candidate For Rri71 2014 / Got 2 Job Offers With Ridiculous Pay And Conditions Today / NSCDC Recruitment Of 10,000 Set To Begin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.