Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Any Lawyers Here? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Lawyers Here? (223 Views)

My Uncle's Paternity Case Before The Court: Lawyers Here Please Help / Lovely Pre-wedding Photos Of 2 Lawyers / 2 Lawyers Do The “oya Hit Me” Trademark Pose In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Lawyers Here? by NEWBIN: 3:44pm On Mar 03
I have a brother
His former employer sacked him for sexually harrasing a staff
He sued the employer
Now , during the cross-examination, the company's lawyer is not touching on the alleged sexual harassment but dwelling on the fact that my brother was on probation

Why is the lawyer not touching on the sexual harrasment charge but on probation now?

Will my brother win the case?

Is it wise to get reinstated ? Thanks
Re: Any Lawyers Here? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:01pm On Mar 03
easier to dismiss the case because he was on probation...
Re: Any Lawyers Here? by NEWBIN: 4:03pm On Mar 03
MrBrownJay1:

But reason for dismissal is not probation
Re: Any Lawyers Here? by NEWBIN: 4:03pm On Mar 03
MrBrownJay1:

Why are they not proving the alleged sexual harrasment
Re: Any Lawyers Here? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:05pm On Mar 03
NEWBIN:
But reason for dismissal is not probation

probation is reason why easier to dismiss someone... probation period means that if for any reason, they dont want to hire you, they have the right to do so.

NEWBIN:
Why are they not proving the alleged sexual harrasment

because it doesnt really matter.
Re: Any Lawyers Here? by NEWBIN: 4:10pm On Mar 03
MrBrownJay1:

probation is reason why easier to dismiss someone... probation period means that if for any reason, they dont want to hire you, they have the right to do so.

because it doesnt really matter.

Even when they stated on the dismissal letter that you have been fired for sexual harrasment?
Re: Any Lawyers Here? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:15pm On Mar 03
NEWBIN:
Even when they stated on the dismissal letter that you have been fired for sexual harrasment?

they are doing whats best for the company, i guess. if someonewho has been a staff for so long said he harassed them, then getting rid of the new staff on probation is easier.
Re: Any Lawyers Here? by NEWBIN: 4:18pm On Mar 03
MrBrownJay1:

they are doing whats best for the company, i guess. if someonewho has been a staff for so long said he harassed them, then getting rid of the new staff on probation is easier.

So u think my brother has lost the case?
Re: Any Lawyers Here? by Lonestar124: 4:33pm On Mar 03
It is simple because your brother has to be probe on the basis he is possessed with deviant spirit..

The lawyer is trying to be professional by using the word probation..

I believe your brother is working with private entity.. between have your brother admit to the offence..

You can't twist the fact in the court that your brother is a sexual offender..

Your lawyer has to appeal to the court to consider the company restating him..

Or litigate deeply on the cases that your brother is innocent of the crime posed on him that is if the company do not have strong evidence..

In conclusion deep litigation is best way for your brother to win in this case and be compensated if the company do not want him again..
Re: Any Lawyers Here? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:56pm On Mar 03
NEWBIN:
So u think my brother has lost the case?

FIRST, ask your brother if he indeed sexually harassed someone
SECOND, dont you have better things to do with your money than trying to sue a company that doesnt want the services of your brotha (who was on probation)?
THIRD, what do you think is best for your brotha's future: being dismissed because of probation OR being dismissed due to sexual harassment?!
Re: Any Lawyers Here? by EconomistXplain: 5:00pm On Mar 03
Is probation stated on his employment letter?
Re: Any Lawyers Here? by NEWBIN: 5:07pm On Mar 03
EconomistXplain:
Is probation stated on his employment letter?

Yes

(1) (Reply)

My Aunty Calls Caribbeans - Bush People / Your Boyfriend Will Give You Sack Letter Because You Want Him Fat By Dishing All / Should Poor People Celebrate Having Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.