Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:29 AM

Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB (11068 Views)

Fresh Crisis Hits IPOB As Nnamdi Kanu Bars Brother From Issuing Statements / Buhari Celebrates Gowon On 85th Birthday / Just In: MASSOB hits IPOB over attack on Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Curious346: 8:45am On Mar 04
How this nonsense make front page amazes me.

Anyway only Igbo issues drives traffic to the NL .

Shitty moves

2 Likes

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by pacespot(m): 8:45am On Mar 04
I'm not a fan of one Nigeria but those IPOB are unreasonable and repulsive

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Peacemaker5128: 8:46am On Mar 04
Ibos have lost interest in IPOBidients

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Patojargz: 8:46am On Mar 04
gidgiddy:
I laugh when I hear people thanking Gowon for abolishing the 4 Region's Nigeria had and creating states. These people think it was for their benefit but they are yet to understand that it was for the benefit of Gowon and his fellow Northern cohorts

These people never bothered to read the Decrees Gowon used in creating states to realise that Gowon not only gave the North half of the states he created, but that Gowon also abolished resource control and placed all resources in the hands of the Federal government. Gowon gave you states but took control of your resources, what's the point?

As for the war, These people do not also realise that it was Gowon who broke the peace agreement him and Ojukwu signed in Aburi, Ghana, which led to war

Ignorance is a terrible disease

Very terrible one my brr
Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Franking: 8:46am On Mar 04
Funkyswagzz:
These guys are trying there best to make igbos angry. I guess they miss the fun they had. I will advice any igbo person to resist the urge to engage with post it's a trap
Gbam

1 Like

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by WhiteWood: 8:48am On Mar 04

According to the BRAC states, Gowon is second to the Holy Spirit.

Truer words have never been spoken. Thank you, BRAC for being appreciative.

4 Likes

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Franking: 8:49am On Mar 04
Mtchew. The price of cement, rice and other commodities are flying high. Exchange rate is embarrassing.... cost of living is unbelievable....and this is what should bother me this morning?

As a proud Igbo, we don hear una. Thank u. Anything els
Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Bliztzer: 8:50am On Mar 04
gidgiddy:

Ironsi abolished resource control? Who told yoy that? That's the many lies they have told

Gowon abolished resource control with Decree 15, use Google and confirm rather than talk ignorantly

Go back to history class and learn. I did pub admin in school, I can tell you this one thing that is fact. Na ironsi.

If you doubt go back n check. Though it was initially a noble move which was hijack by northerns

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by fatboyslym007: 8:50am On Mar 04
gidgiddy:

Ironsi abolished resource control? Who told yoy that? That's the many lies they have told

Gowon abolished resource control with Decree 15, use Google and confirm rather than talk ignorantly

In May 1966, General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi (Ironside, Nigeria’s first military head of state promulgated the infamous
Decree No. 34 of 1966, the “unification decree.” The decree effectively did away with the federal system of government practiced by Nigeria since its independence from British colonial rule in 1960.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Ororocelemi(m): 8:51am On Mar 04
Make una leave igbos and face your hardship courtesy of Tinubulation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by gidgiddy: 8:51am On Mar 04
babajero:
They are so foolish they didn't realise that the fulanis used gowon, his people and the Yorubas as a puppet to capture Nigeria.

Exactly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Edusouls(m): 8:52am On Mar 04
We don’t need U to love us bro, we are big ,rich, comfortable and full filled, you should direct ur love to ur northern and Yoruba masters that gave u people ur beloved tinubulation which u re enjoying now

2 Likes

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by gidgiddy: 8:54am On Mar 04
fatboyslym007:

In May 1966, General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi (Ironside, Nigeria’s first military head of state promulgated the infamous
Decree No. 34 of 1966, the “unification decree.” The decree effectively did away with the federal system of government practiced by Nigeria since its independence from British colonial rule in 1960.

Rather than quoting that age old lie, Google Decree 34vand find out that it was nothing more than a civil service Decree

Then Google Gowons Decree 14 and 15 the read how Gowon abolished the 4 Region's Nigeria had, created 12 states, then abolished resource control

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Richfan: 8:55am On Mar 04
politicoNG:

https://thenationonlineng.net/bayelsa-rivers-akwa-ibom-cross-river-residents-praise-gowon/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
God bless you for this writeup..let the truth be spoken for once instead allowing some people to always assisinate the character of Gen. Gowon who didnt want to fight a civil war but was provoked into it but it was his duty to protect the sovereignty of Nigeria as the then sitting head of state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by gidgiddy: 8:55am On Mar 04
tollyboy5:

Ironsi made the Decree and Gowon established it. They're birds of a feather from different region.

Not true, all 4 Region's existed throughout Ironsi's time and all 4 had resource control. It was Gowon that came in after Ironsi and abolished both Region's and resource control
Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by gidgiddy: 8:57am On Mar 04
pacespot:

Which is why you Nigerians should allow them go their way like they want
Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Edusouls(m): 8:58am On Mar 04
Brac are not Igbos they are people without identity , goal or achievement, they are puppets used by their northern masters to manipulate Nigeria that’s why their oil wells and God given resources are controlled by their slave masters while the fools are busy attacking Igbos, in Igbo land we call them ndi mba mmilli so we are not suprised at their behavior and utterances

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Coolestguy2023: 8:58am On Mar 04
I welcome anything that makes Obi people look stupid

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Amaggedon: 9:00am On Mar 04
gidgiddy:
I laugh when I hear people thanking Gowon for abolishing the 4 Region's Nigeria had and creating states. These people think it was for their benefit but they are yet to understand that it was for the benefit of Gowon and his fellow Northern cohorts

These people never bothered to read the Decrees Gowon used in creating states to realise that Gowon not only gave the North half of the states he created, but that Gowon also abolished resource control and placed all resources in the hands of the Federal government. Gowon gave you states but took control of your resources, what's the point?

As for the war, These people do not also realise that it was Gowon who broke the peace agreement him and Ojukwu signed in Aburi, Ghana, which led to war

Ignorance is a terrible disease
What was the agreement that ojukwu broke?

2 Likes

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Dyfynezz12(m): 9:01am On Mar 04
Group wey no get surname
Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Believeintruth: 9:01am On Mar 04
Paraman:
Gowon did didn't abolish resource control, it was Ironsi who abolished the powers of the regions(states).

And stop crying on behalf of those people. They don't want to be part of Igbo land.

That is a big lie it was Gowon. The Unitary was never put in force when Ironsi was killed. Gowon himself abolish that decree only to put a wartime decree that removed resource control. You guys should stop all this lies abeg.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Believeintruth: 9:02am On Mar 04
tollyboy5:

Ironsi made the Decree and Gowon established it. They're birds of a feather from different region.

Are you so daft how can one person make a decree and another person establish it? do you know what establish means? it was Gowon who abolished resource control with his wartime decree.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:03am On Mar 04
Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Ipobfraud: 9:04am On Mar 04
DaddyYankee:
No peace for Useless children of hate AKA Obidients AKA IPOB

2 Likes

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Ipobfraud: 9:05am On Mar 04
DaddyYankee:
No peace for Useless children of hate AKA Obidients AKA IPOB

1 Like

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Believeintruth: 9:07am On Mar 04
Bliztzer:

Go back to history class and learn. I did pub admin in school, I can tell you this one thing that is fact. Na ironsi.

If you doubt go back n check. Though it was initially a noble move which was hijack by northerns

It is a big lie, please read the unitary decree. Ironsi didn't tamper with the autonomy of the regions nor did he alter the sharing formula of the regions, the person who abolished regions and created states and put resource control was Gowon, make una stop these lies. I would also advice you to go back to your history class who gave Ojukwu the name Biafra? it was the then King of Nembe in PH. so saying that they were not consulted before Biafra was carved is a big lie.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Ipobfraud: 9:07am On Mar 04
kikake:
Celebrating a man who reneged on the Aburi Accord he signed in the presence of another Head of State? The renegade man's action caused the untimely deaths of more than 3 million of his country people, mostly children.
Only empty heads would celebrate Gowon.

1 Like

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by WhiteWood: 9:07am On Mar 04
Funkyswagzz:
These guys are trying there best to make igbos angry. I guess they miss the fun they had. I will advice any igbo person to resist the urge to engage with post it's a trap

Everybody are trying their best to "make igbos angry" --- Na only una dey

Perpetual Victimhood Advocates. lol

2 Likes

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Ipobfraud: 9:10am On Mar 04
But biafra is never an option. Una go wail tire

That biafra of a thing, if jesus no come it won’t come to fulfillment.

gidgiddy:
That same Gowon that was creating states, fighting war to keep Nigeria one, cannot sleep in his local government in Plateau State due to armed bandits

The so called Brac should also ask themselves why they had to form various armed militant groups and fight federal government for many years if the Nigeria Gowon gave them was the best

1 Like

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by oilyngbati(m): 9:10am On Mar 04
pacespot:
ipob is a terrorist organization

2 Likes

Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by Akagbe(m): 9:13am On Mar 04
[quote author=Lumarstone post=128762628]Another group just emerged to challenge IPOB people. This is my first time of hearing of this group called BRAC. Me also
Re: Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB by WhiteWood: 9:14am On Mar 04
Mccullum:
The BRAC states have spoken.

IPOB can respond to this message.

One man foe is another man Messiah.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akpabio Inaugurates Phase II Of Ibom International Airport / FG Mulls Major Slash In Petrol Consumption Volume / Gunmen Kill 7, Abduct Traditional Ruler In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.