Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M (1063 Views)

Sultan Of Sokoto Rewards Keke Rider For Returning Missing N500K To Owner In Jos / Aregbesola Gives Car And Other Gifts To Teachers / Buhari Commends 2 Security Men For Returning Bag Of Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M by Spectators: 8:52am On Mar 04
Man receives Car, N2M, other gifts for returning bag containing over N100M (Screenshot)

A Good Samaritan in Katsina State, Nigeria, recently received a generous reward for his honesty after returning a bag containing over N100 million ($261,000) to its rightful owner.

The man, identified as Salihu Abdulhadi Kankia, a member of the Islamic organization known as JIBWIS, discovered the bag in Kankia Local Government Area and made the honorable decision to return it.

The news was revealed by former Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Professor Isa Ali Pantami, who took to social media to share the heartwarming story. According to Pantami's post on Twitter, Kankia, a student awaiting admission into a higher institution, was rewarded for his integrity with a certificate and a trip to this year's pilgrimage to Mecca.

In addition, Kankia received a car from the Bauchi State Governor, Senator Bala Mohammed, for his outstanding act of honesty. The young man was also gifted N2 million ($5,220) by an undisclosed member of the House of Representatives.

Professor Pantami further called on the public to support Kankia in attaining a fully-paid scholarship, enabling him to pursue a degree and become self-sufficient.

Expressing his admiration for Kankia's noble deed, Pantami wrote, "This is Salihu Abdulhadi Kankia from Katsina State, a member of the Islamic Organization, JIBWIS, who picked a bag containing over N100 million in Kankia Local Government Area of Katsina State and returned it to the owner without taking a single kobo."

The heartwarming story has garnered widespread attention and praise, serving as a reminder of the importance of honesty and integrity in society. Kankia's admirable actions shall serve as an example for others to follow

https://spectatorsng.com/man-receives-car-n2m-other-gifts-for-returning-bag-containing-over-n100m/

4 Likes

Re: Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M by MumEmdy(f): 10:04am On Mar 04
Honesty pays, I'm so happy for him.

6 Likes

Re: Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M by GOTVee: 10:13am On Mar 04
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, acts of generosity like this makes we envy Muslims and their honesty. We Christians have a lot to learn from our Muslim brothers especially up north about the simplicity of life. In my next life I might be a muslim due to their rare honesty that can hardly be found in the christendomsad

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M by Smkal(m): 10:52am On Mar 04
Act now, so that you may be saved
Re: Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M by Smkal(m): 10:54am On Mar 04
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, acts of generosity like this makes we envy Muslims and their honesty. We Christians have a lot to learn from our Muslim brothers especially up north about the simplicity of life. In my next life I might be a muslim due to their rare honesty that can hardly be found in the christendomsad
Act now, so that you may be saved

4 Likes

Re: Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M by rayvelez(m): 11:10am On Mar 04
Lol one man with $261,000…. This nah the people funding terrorism

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M by Draslo(m): 11:17am On Mar 04
Fear not for man.

I wouldn't return it and damn the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M by Preciousese(f): 12:32pm On Mar 04
GOTVee:
This act actually has nothing to do with religion 👍stop getting confused

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M by JOGICE(m): 12:33pm On Mar 04
GOTVee:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M by jmoore(m): 12:36pm On Mar 04
GOTVee:
Until they accuse you of blasphemy, the story go change gear.

2 Likes

Re: Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M by Kaido: 12:41pm On Mar 04
GOTVee:
This honesty is very common amongst poor Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M by Day169: 12:46pm On Mar 04
Honesty, remains the best policy!
Re: Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M by bookson(m): 1:15pm On Mar 04
The religion and the sect he belong to are more emphasized in the story than the young man himself. It is well
Congratulations to the honest young man anyways

1 Like

Re: Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M by bookson(m): 1:19pm On Mar 04
GOTVee:

Your statement is a testament against you that you are not Christian at all and that you have no part in Christ. NOTE: THERE'S NO UNBELIEVER IN HELL, THEY ONLY BELIEVED TOO LATE THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD WHO DIED FOR OUR SIN AND ROSE AGAIN FOR OUR JUSTIFICATION.

#ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST TODAY (AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOUR) COS TOMORROW MIGHT BE TOO LATE FOR YOU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M by IVORY2009(m): 1:19pm On Mar 04
A good name is better than gold

1 Like

Re: Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M by franklingud(m): 2:44pm On Mar 04
They should have given him 10 per cent of the returned amount.
Kudos to him
Re: Man Receives Car, N2M, Other Gifts For Returning Bag Containing Over N100M by LeeSmart: 2:46pm On Mar 04
GOTVee:
No worry urself we already knw who you be😆😆

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

A Tale Of 2 Borehole Water Supply / Why There’s Blackout In Southeast — EEDC Explains / PDP Crisis: 'why I Attacked Ortom', Dino Melaye Opens Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.