Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? (582 Views)

'I Will Marry You Over And Over' - Patience Jonathan To Goodluck Jonathan / Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts / Bayelsa APC To Goodluck Jonathan: Return Our ₦300m, Bullet Proof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by Emyogalanya: 3:06pm On Mar 04
Did you Eat the bread? Do people still produce it ? What killed it ?
Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by RepoMan007: 3:18pm On Mar 04
It was seen as step down to identify with cassava bread or garri repackaged as bread for Nigerians. Lol.

Hunger can reset brains.
Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by NoSmoking: 3:41pm On Mar 04
E exist before?

🥵

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by Nyamiriflathed: 3:42pm On Mar 04
Scam 101 😂

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by magoo10(m): 3:45pm On Mar 04
I can remember the opposition headed by tinubu fighting seriously against it.
But today he has grabbed the presidency and cannot think of anything I genuinely but relying on crude oil and banning of binance to better the apc destroyed economy.
Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by horsepower102: 3:58pm On Mar 04
Goodluck Jonathan backward integration policy was the last serious attempt to diversify nigerian economy to non-oil sectors using industrial policy. Cassava bread was one of the ideas they came up with thanks to Akinwumi Adesina.

The opposition made fun of the idea but it was working.

Our wheat importation reduced due to cassava flour substitution and we saved some of our forex. We were on the right track until the disaster called buhari was entrenched into power.

Today we are getting wheat donation from war torn ukraine.

7 Likes

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by Exousiang01: 4:20pm On Mar 04
Bread that was baked just one day the bakery was shut down commissioning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by IGBOSON1: 4:23pm On Mar 04
magoo10:
I can remember the opposition headed by tinubu fighting seriously against it.
But today he has grabbed the presidency and cannot think of anything I genuinely but relying on crude oil and banning of binance to better the apc destroyed economy.

Well to play devils advocate…..and in fairness to him, he did suggest agbado and cassava!

17 Likes

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by Zidoh(m): 4:24pm On Mar 04
horsepower102:
Goodluck Jonathan backward integration policy was the last serious attempt to diversify nigerian economy to non-oil sectors using industrial policy. Cassava bread was one of the ideas they came up with thanks to Akinwumi Adesina.

Our wheat importation reduced due to cassava flour substitution and we saved some of our forex. We were on the right track until the disaster called buhari was entrenched into power.

GEJ to me was best president ever get because he visionary leader and think about common man.Boko Haram people lot more decided to destryed his Government and divert attetion of every Nigieran to it...they played politic untill they de ided to leave everyrthing for them. May God thr destryer of this great nation..

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by Biodun556(m): 4:25pm On Mar 04
Exousiang01:
Bread that was baked just one day the bakery was shut down commissioning

grin
Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by horsepower102: 4:48pm On Mar 04
Zidoh:
GEJ to me was best president ever get because he visionary leader and think about common man.Boko Haram people lot more decided to destryed his Government and divert attetion of every Nigieran to it...they played politic untill they de ided to leave everyrthing for them. May God thr destryer of this great nation..

GEJ administration was the first time I started caring about Nigeria politics in my adult life. I used to sit down and study his plans for Nigeria and his policies. Then I will discuss with my father later about it.

He had very great ideas for Nigeria. He made sure to site many projects in the north even though they hated him so much.

He did reforms on fertilizer distribution and have farmers cell phone to communicate with them.

India and other nations came to Nigeria because of him to study our agricultural reforms.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by magoo10(m): 5:06pm On Mar 04
IGBOSON1:

Well to play devils advocate…..and in fairness to him, he did suggest agbado and cassava!
so where is the cassava and where is the agbado grin

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by Streetdoctor: 6:14pm On Mar 04
It shall never be well with all APC supporters, untimely death shall be their portion.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by Babalegba(m): 6:39pm On Mar 04
horsepower102:

GEJ administration was the first time I started caring about Nigeria politics in my adult life. I used to sit down and study his plans for Nigeria and his policies. Then I will discuss with my father later about it.

He had very great ideas for Nigeria. He made sure to site many projects in the north even though they hated him so much.

He did reforms on fertilizer distribution and have farmers cell phone to communicate with them.

India and other nations came to Nigeria because of him to study our agricultural reforms.

Chinedu, these your lies and deliberatel misinterpretations plenty o.Jonathan was the second worst Nigerian president after Buhari.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by flore1823: 7:00pm On Mar 04
Streetdoctor:
It shall never be well with all APC supporters, untimely death shall be their portion.
Amen x100 nah MANNABBQGR1LL....S the prayer should act fast cos nairalanders can't wait for his demise news.
Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by SkullIMAM: 7:00pm On Mar 04
Nyamiriflathed:
Scam 101 😂

What happened to the sai babarian rice pyramid?

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by magoo10(m): 7:11pm On Mar 04
blancsn1:
When you are Igbo this is how you reason shabbily n shamelessly. Wetin concern Tinubu with cassava bread now ?;

I criticize everyone even from my tribe so move you bigoted self to your likes and go check history

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by horsepower102: 7:14pm On Mar 04
Babalegba:
Chinedu, these your lies and deliberatel misinterpretations plenty o.Jonathan was the second worst Nigerian president after Buhari.

Did you ever study the backward integration policy of GEJ? I did

Did you ever read his industrial policy? I did

Did you ever read his infrastructural investment policy? I did

Did you ever read his power reform policy? I did

Did you ever read his housing policy where it was revealed that Nigeria lacked 17 million housing units? I did

Come back to me after you go back and read these things

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by blancsn1: 7:19pm On Mar 04
Why must we be be reading after 4 years of Jonathan administration ? Should we not have been seeing those thing n should you not be able to point them out since you read it all.

Note Jonathan was about completing 6 years n president as 8 years to implement their policies so I await your explanation why we still have to be reading instead of pointing out n seeing his accomplishment

horsepower102:

Did you ever read his housing policy where it was revealed that Nigeria lacked 17 million housing units? I did

12 Likes

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by Babalegba(m): 7:24pm On Mar 04
horsepower102:

Anybody can formulate a policy but not everybody can implement a a working good one.
Jonathan and Buhari should tie for worst Nigerian presidents. His power reform is what is causing darkness today and the discos,his friends are giving out outrageous bills for the darkness while manufacturers have left the country.His friends are making money while Nigerians suffer.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by horsepower102: 7:25pm On Mar 04
blancsn1:
Indians came to study agriculture from Nigeria 😂😂😂. The level of foolishness with which more of you Igbos lies on NL fit keep person depressed for ever. Why don't you shameless despicable liars fear God for God sake ?!

GEJ had a program called Growth Enhancement scheme where farmers receive 50% subsidy on fertilizers, for a maximum of two bags, through the use of their mobile phones or what we call Electronic-wallet system (or E-wallet). It was very sucessful and it was actually started by a yoruba Man Adewumi Adeshina. India and other countries paid him a visit then to understand how they can copy that program for their own farmers.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by nonhuman(m): 8:25pm On Mar 04
horsepower102:

GEJ had a program called Growth Enhancement scheme where farmers receive 50% subsidy on fertilizers, for a maximum of two bags, through the use of their mobile phones or what we call Electronic-wallet system (or E-wallet). It was very sucessful and it was actually started by a yoruba Man Adewumi Adeshina. India and other countries paid him a visit then to understand how they can copy that program for their own farmers.
now that you have mentioned a Yoruba man he will agree with you

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by mycar: 8:29pm On Mar 04
APC happened to it same as many other upcoming businesses as at 2015

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by Mrkindness: 8:31pm On Mar 04
APC killed it.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by mycar: 8:33pm On Mar 04
blancsn1:
Why must we be be reading after 4 years of Jonathan administration ? Should we not have been seeing those thing n should you not be able to point them out since you read it all.

Note Jonathan was about completing 6 years n president as 8 years to implement their policies so I await your explanation why we still have to be reading instead of pointing out n seeing his accomplishment

it will be well with you if you have ever criticized Buhari and Tinubu anti people's policy with this same enthusiasm but woe betide you if you have never did.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by Emyogalanya: 8:05am On Mar 05
horsepower102:

Apt on point
Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by Emyogalanya: 8:07am On Mar 05
nlfpmod pls push to fp lets see if ukrain grain and wheat will reduce small
Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by Emyogalanya: 8:08am On Mar 05
[quote author=NoSmoking post=128771194]E exist before?
Re: What Happened To Goodluck Jonathan's Cassava Bread ? by Emyogalanya: 8:21am On Mar 05
RepoMan007:
It was seen as step down to identify with cassava bread or garri repackaged as bread for Nigerians. Lol.

Hunger can reset brains.
now we are getting ukrain wheat and grain

(1) (Reply)

NNPP Passes Vote Of No Confidence On Gov Abba Yusuf / BREAKING: Kano Court Affirms Ganduje’s Suspension / Personalising State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.